Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
140,061 - 140,080 of 224,357 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Brilliant!

Topix should upgrade to LED bulbs.

Could somebody shoot a tranquilizer dart into my neck, please?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know how the rest of know you are clutching at straws? You post inane personal remarks which have nothing to do with the topic.

You know, I think you were dropped on your head when you were a kid....repeatedly.
And on purpose.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No I'm not; I have in my own way mentioned that it is by belief, supported by evidence, but here is a bit taken from a different perspective;

*** Mt. Everest and the Himalayan range, along with the Alps, the Rockies, the Appalachians, the Andes, and most of the world's other mountains are composed of ocean-bottom sediments, full of marine fossils laid down by the Flood. Mt. Everest itself has clam fossils at its summit. These rock layers cover an extensive area, including much of Asia. They give every indication of resulting from cataclysmic water processes. These are the kinds of deposits we would expect to result from the worldwide, world-destroying Flood of Noah's day.

At the end of the Flood, after thick sequences of sediments had accumulated, the Indian subcontinent evidently collided with Asia, crumpling the sediments into mountains. Today they stand as giants—folded and fractured layers of ocean-bottom sediments at high elevations. No, Noah's Flood didn't cover the Himalayas, it formed them!

Thus we find the Biblical account not only possible, but also supported by the evidence. A pre-Flood world with lessened topographic extremes could have been covered by the Great Flood. That Flood caused today's high mountains and deep oceans making such a flood impossible to repeat. This is just as God promised, back in Genesis.

http://www.icr.org/article/520/ ***

One cannot definitely say that the only living things to survive were in the Ark, because recall we are talking of Scribe's writings way before travel as we know it, was even a twinkle in someone's eye. It is not just a guess that there would be fossils high in the mountains; it was not a guess of Matthew's to tell us the very hairs on our head are numbered; they are indeed to be taken as we find them.

The Bible swims with time, and whether you know it or not, more has been proven wrong about science than has been proved wrong about the Bible.... because what couldn't be true then, as such, in many eyes, has since happened so we have 'modern day Scribes' proving their points.

The Numbers support the Bible....
Wow.

Your education, if you had one, has failed you miserably.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
Brilliant!
Topix should upgrade to LED bulbs.
Could somebody shoot a tranquilizer dart into my neck, please?
Gun free zone.

No shooting.

I'd be happy to stab you with one but sometimes I get carried away and that would mean getting really close to a homosexual and who knows what that might lead to. Have you had your gay immunizations? One never knows.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No I'm not; I have in my own way mentioned that it is by belief, supported by evidence, but here is a bit taken from a different perspective;
*** Mt. Everest and the Himalayan range, along with the Alps, the Rockies, the Appalachians, the Andes, and most of the world's other mountains are composed of ocean-bottom sediments, full of marine fossils laid down by the Flood. Mt. Everest itself has clam fossils at its summit. These rock layers cover an extensive area, including much of Asia. They give every indication of resulting from cataclysmic water processes. These are the kinds of deposits we would expect to result from the worldwide, world-destroying Flood of Noah's day.
At the end of the Flood, after thick sequences of sediments had accumulated, the Indian subcontinent evidently collided with Asia, crumpling the sediments into mountains. Today they stand as giants—folded and fractured layers of ocean-bottom sediments at high elevations. No, Noah's Flood didn't cover the Himalayas, it formed them!
Thus we find the Biblical account not only possible, but also supported by the evidence. A pre-Flood world with lessened topographic extremes could have been covered by the Great Flood. That Flood caused today's high mountains and deep oceans making such a flood impossible to repeat. This is just as God promised, back in Genesis.
http://www.icr.org/article/520/ ***
One cannot definitely say that the only living things to survive were in the Ark, because recall we are talking of Scribe's writings way before travel as we know it, was even a twinkle in someone's eye. It is not just a guess that there would be fossils high in the mountains; it was not a guess of Matthew's to tell us the very hairs on our head are numbered; they are indeed to be taken as we find them.
The Bible swims with time, and whether you know it or not, more has been proven wrong about science than has been proved wrong about the Bible.... because what couldn't be true then, as such, in many eyes, has since happened so we have 'modern day Scribes' proving their points.
The Numbers support the Bible....
Mt Everest is growing at rate of about 0.16 inches per year.

That means Mt Everest is:-
age = 29029 x 12 / 0.16
= 2177175 yrs old
Now when was the 'flood'?
The Numbers support the Bible... LOL

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
31Dec12.....

.....The Poster Of The Year.......

Although it was a tough decision, the posters were narrowed down to Eagle and Buck Crick.

After serious consideration, the Final Decision was to award the title of 'Poster Of The Year' to.........

.......Buck Crick.....

Ps:.....Always straight forward; always Black & White with NO grey areas; throwing in some comical rants and roadings to drum messages into the various schidt-for-brains heads; being consistant, honest, enduring, persistent, and Never wavering.....

...our Buck Crick is one 'hellava guy'.

Keep it hup, Buck Crick.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
So you admire black and white thinking.

And apparently you're proud of that.

Ok.

Thanks.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
Gun free zone.
No shooting.
I'd be happy to stab you with one but sometimes I get carried away and that would mean getting really close to a homosexual and who knows what that might lead to. Have you had your gay immunizations? One never knows.
I can still feel the prick.

Oh no...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>True ~ when they find out after spending ludicrous amounts of money while we have world wide starvation, on the effects of their drugs and chemicals, they quickly work on something else, wasting more money.
***The release of thalidomide in the 1950s and 1960s led to the worldÂ’s most publicised pharmaceutical disaster.
Thalidomide was marketed for a wide range of ailments, and was touted as safe to use during pregnancy. But the manufacturers and sellers had never tested thalidomide's effect on the unborn child, and tragically, thousands of babies suffered serious malformations after their mothers took the pills.
Many of the victims have never been able to pursue compensation claims.
Some could never produce the evidence that their mothers took the pills. Doctors at that time often provided patients with samples, and pharmacists commonly did not record the name of the medication on the containers.
http://www.slatergordon.com.au/thalidomide *** Fraud involved?
***More Prescription Drugs As We Get Older?
By Dr. Bruce West
It has been shown that the healthiest and longest-living Americans are Senior Citizens who take little or no prescription drugs. This is not just a statement made by folks who believe in alternative therapies. It is from a study quoted in the prestigious Journal of the American Medical Association which was done at Harvard Medical School. The study confirms what observant, knowledgeable researchers and doctors have maintained for years about drugs: that too many physicians are recommending that patients take powerful medicines about which we know little, to fight diseases about which we know even less, into their bodies about which we know next to nothing. The startling proof that prescription drugs are maiming and killing our older citizens by the thousands came from the above-mentioned study, and here are some of the main points Many Americans over 65 were given drugs that are never appropriate to be prescribed for Senior Citizens.
At least twenty such drugs that should never be prescribed for those over 65, under any circumstances, are routinely and repeatedly prescribed.
Doctors need to be alerted in a major way about their prescribing of dangerous drugs that are ineffective and should not have been prescribed at all, and about safe alternatives.
Drugs are causing ten million or more people into fainting spells, dizziness, balance problems, severe falls, memory loss, addictions, ulcers, heart attacks, and more.
The study on seniors was done on many thousands of people, none of whom were in nursing homes. There is no doubt that those in most nursing homes fare much worse!
http://www.rethinkingcancer.org/resources/mag... ***
Where does Corporate Responsibility come into effect? Have you read the list of chemicals (usually numbers in the ingredients on packages, it is law here to do so) that are in each number that is on the item? Amazing stuff, and if you ring the FDA and discuss it with them, they will tell you it is your responsibility to keep tally of all those chemicals you intake daily or by the hour even.
I'm almost 60 and take no prescription drugs.

But for some, their lives and the quality of their lives would be horrible without prescription drugs.

They're not ALL bad, you know.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt Everest is growing at rate of about 0.16 inches per year.
It's eroding at close to the same rate.

It's being torn apart by crabs, I think.

Stupid flood.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
31Dec12.....

.....Well hello there ALL you members of the Faithful...

....and da hell vit haul you hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.

To the REAL Christians who practice their Faith and remain stalwart while Facing Into Danger, may you always maintain that GIFT that you have.

Those udder despicable ones who decry your postings and 'spit' into your face are Really & Truly 'pissing into the wind'.

To those of you who accept and believe in Our Lord Jesus Christ, BobLoblah wants to express a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

....and always remember that wherever you go...there you are.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
While you spit in the face of every other religion in the world.

What a hypocrite.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

One never knows when the homosexual is about...

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admire black and white thinking.
And apparently you're proud of that.
Ok.
Thanks.
Scroll baby, scroll.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>That's all cool. Now explain diamonds to me.
Superman squeezes charcoal briquettes.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I can still feel the prick.
Oh no...
Buck Crick? Is that you?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>When they pray for my sins it just encourages me to do more of it. Yesterday, I coveted my elderly neighbors's snow. I stole all of it from her driveway. I'm a bad girl.
You can steal my snow.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Scroll baby, scroll.
I know. I know.

Train wreck syndrome.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Superman squeezes charcoal briquettes.
Between his butt cheeks?

I'm gonna poo poo that.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's eroding at close to the same rate.
It's being torn apart by crabs, I think.
Stupid flood.
Humm, a mountain with the crabs!!!

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
One never knows when the homosexual is about...
Gaydar is your friend.

OMG. You're gay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
Buck Crick? Is that you?
It ain't necessarily so.

I think Buck is hiding.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 10 hr NightSerf 240
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 14 hr Patrick 385
What does "Atheism" mean? 15 hr Reason Personified 10
Introducing The Universal Religion 16 hr Reason Personified 733
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 21 hr DonPanic 21,400
Talking some sense into you people... 22 hr religionisillness 24
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 22 hr religionisillness 19
•••
•••