Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
140,041 - 140,060 of 224,135 Comments Last updated 25 min ago

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The numbers do not support the Bible.
The Appalachians are young in Earth years. So is Hawaii. Do you deny plate tectonics and volcanic activity? Do you think Tsunamis are a god's work?
You probably won't the answers that I have to my research, but going to put them here anyway.

***The crude oil (and natural gas) we drill for the world over is, for the most part, stored in tiny pores within rock up to only about three miles deep in the Earth’s hugely dense crust. At such depths, the oil there is under fairly high pressure. When it is removed, other liquids—usually water—move in to take its place, equalizing the pressure in the process. Sometimes oil extractors pump water into one side of an oil field to push oil toward wells on the other side, and the water replaces the oil accordingly. In cases where other liquids don’t move in, such as in the North Sea off The Netherlands, the porous rock layer that harbored the oil originally can collapse after extraction, causing slight amounts of land settling (known as “land subsidence”) in the rock layer surfaces above, but typically no more than a few tenths of an inch per year. Here in the U.S., land subsidence induced by the large volume extraction of underground resources including oil and gas “is more common than most people realize,” according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), a government agency which collects, monitors, analyzes and provides scientific understanding about natural resource conditions, issues and problems. Flat coastal plains and wetlands near sea level are most at risk from this potential side effect. Excessive ground water pumping, not oil or gas extraction, is the single largest source of land subsidence, says the USGS, but the agency cites several cases throughout the 20th century which they say demonstrate how “accelerated withdrawal of oil, gas and associated water from shallow unconsolidated reservoirs could lower the land elevation, cause minor earthquakes, and activate faults [around oil fields].” Subsidence around large, mature oil and gas fields that coincide with faults could add enough stress to trigger small, locally based earthquakes as far as two kilometers away from the offending wells. Most geologists agree, though, that it is unlikely that oil and gas extraction could contribute to or cause major earthquakes, which are generated at depths far deeper than would be practical to drill for oil or gas. The USGS does suggest, however, that the continued withdrawal of oil and gas and the associated decline in underground fluid pressure could even contribute to coastal sea level rises by lowering coastal land elevations. As for sinkholes, modern oil wells tend to be much deeper than the depth where sinkholes typically can affect people. Nonetheless, in 1980 residents of the West Texas town of Wink awoke one morning to find a 370-foot wide, 110-foot deep sinkhole a couple of miles north of downtown. Geologists suspect the sinkhole formed as a result of historic (and by today’s standards outdated) oil production practices in the area whereby extractors pumped saltwater out from underneath the surface and left a void that the above layer of earth eventually collapsed into. A second, even bigger sinkhole opened up nearby in 2002.

http://adventuresportsjournal.com/blogs/earth... ***

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>31Dec12.....
.....personally (while BobLoblah believes dat Nothing on the WorldWideWeb is personal)....Bobloblah wants to say 'dankYOU' fer da kind verds.
Ps:...May the Peace and Blessings of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you and your family througout the Christmas Season and for ALL dimes.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Cheers and Greetings to you BobLoblah, and I too wish Peace and Blessings be bestowed upon you and your Family, for all times, as Inner Peace is indeed a marvelous feeling and emotion to withhold :O)

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....carrying on from before!!
***Your responsibility? Did you know that? They can give you as many as they feel like it in a packet, but are limited per item. Add up your chemical intake, if you have the time to be bothered, and look up the chemicals ingredients... a lot of them are charming little bits and pieces that you can't even see, causing all sorts of nasty health issues.
Yeah, they will eventually remove them all, people have worked it out, and are demanding 'natural' foods.... but it is a money scenario, and where the heck would all the people who make drugs, additives and chemicals work? Ahhh, the Health Industry!! A big Topic, not right for this forum, but they make you sick and then tell you they can't afford to fix you, so you need private health; and then of course, that pays for all of those workers.
In country towns where they live naturally, and according to the statistics of today, people are living healthier and longer lives. And they are useful members of their communities, and respected.
One day in 1976, Moraitis felt short of breath. Climbing stairs was a chore; he had to quit working midday. After X-rays, his doctor concluded that Moraitis had lung cancer. As he recalls, nine other doctors confirmed the diagnosis. They gave him nine months to live. He was in his mid-60s.
Moraitis considered staying in America and seeking aggressive cancer treatment at a local hospital. That way, he could also be close to his adult children. But he decided instead to return to Ikaria, where he could be buried with his ancestors in a cemetery shaded by oak trees that overlooked the Aegean Sea. He figured a funeral in the United States would cost thousands, a traditional Ikarian one only $200, leaving more of his retirement savings for his wife, Elpiniki. Moraitis and Elpiniki moved in with his elderly parents, into a tiny, whitewashed house on two acres of stepped vineyards near Evdilos, on the north side of Ikaria. At first, he spent his days in bed, as his mother and wife tended to him. He reconnected with his faith. On Sunday mornings, he hobbled up the hill to a tiny Greek Orthodox chapel where his grandfather once served as a priest. When his childhood friends discovered that he had moved back, they started showing up every afternoon. They’d talk for hours, an activity that invariably involved a bottle or two of locally produced wine. I might as well die happy, he thought.
In the ensuing months, something strange happened. He says he started to feel stronger. One day, feeling ambitious, he planted some vegetables in the garden. He didn’t expect to live to harvest them, but he enjoyed being in the sunshine, breathing the ocean air. Elpiniki could enjoy the fresh vegetables after he was gone.
Six months came and went. Moraitis didn’t die. Instead, he reaped his garden and, feeling emboldened, cleaned up the family vineyard as well.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/magazine/th... ***
Spontaneous remission is rare, but not impossible. William Boyd, a pathologist, documented a large number of such instances in a book he published in 1961. He estimated that approx one in every 100,000 cases of cancer will show spontaneous remission. It has nothing to do with religion, either - just a bit of chance.

Now, I wonder how many people have prayed to be cured of cancer only to be denied their prayers... Probably too many to count.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You probably won't the answers that I have to my research, but going to put them here anyway.
***The crude oil (and natural gas) we drill for the world over is, for the most part, stored in tiny pores within rock up to only about three miles deep in the Earth’s hugely dense crust. At such depths, the oil there is under fairly high pressure. When it is removed, other liquids—usually water—move in to take its place, equalizing the pressure in the process. Sometimes oil extractors pump water into one side of an oil field to push oil toward wells on the other side, and the water replaces the oil accordingly. In cases where other liquids don’t move in, such as in the North Sea off The Netherlands, the porous rock layer that harbored the oil originally can collapse after extraction, causing slight amounts of land settling (known as “land subsidence”) in the rock layer surfaces above, but typically no more than a few tenths of an inch per year. Here in the U.S., land subsidence induced by the large volume extraction of underground resources including oil and gas “is more common than most people realize,” according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), a government agency which collects, monitors, analyzes and provides scientific understanding about natural resource conditions, issues and problems. Flat coastal plains and wetlands near sea level are most at risk from this potential side effect. Excessive ground water pumping, not oil or gas extraction, is the single largest source of land subsidence, says the USGS, but the agency cites several cases throughout the 20th century which they say demonstrate how “accelerated withdrawal of oil, gas and associated water from shallow unconsolidated reservoirs could lower the land elevation, cause minor earthquakes, and activate faults [around oil fields].” Subsidence around large, mature oil and gas fields that coincide with faults could add enough stress to trigger small, locally based earthquakes as far as two kilometers away from the offending wells. Most geologists agree, though, that it is unlikely that oil and gas extraction could contribute to or cause major earthquakes, which are generated at depths far deeper than would be practical to drill for oil or gas. The USGS does suggest, however, that the continued withdrawal of oil and gas and the associated decline in underground fluid pressure could even contribute to coastal sea level rises by lowering coastal land elevations. As for sinkholes, modern oil wells tend to be much deeper than the depth where sinkholes typically can affect people. Nonetheless, in 1980 residents of the West Texas town of Wink awoke one morning to find a 370-foot wide, 110-foot deep sinkhole a couple of miles north of downtown. Geologists suspect the sinkhole formed as a result of historic (and by today’s standards outdated) oil production practices in the area whereby extractors pumped saltwater out from underneath the surface and left a void that the above layer of earth eventually collapsed into. A second, even bigger sinkhole opened up nearby in 2002.
http://adventuresportsjournal.com/blogs/earth... ***
That's all cool. Now explain diamonds to me.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....carrying on from before!!
***Your responsibility? Did you know that? They can give you as many as they feel like it in a packet, but are limited per item. Add up your chemical intake, if you have the time to be bothered, and look up the chemicals ingredients... a lot of them are charming little bits and pieces that you can't even see, causing all sorts of nasty health issues.
Yeah, they will eventually remove them all, people have worked it out, and are demanding 'natural' foods.... but it is a money scenario, and where the heck would all the people who make drugs, additives and chemicals work? Ahhh, the Health Industry!! A big Topic, not right for this forum, but they make you sick and then tell you they can't afford to fix you, so you need private health; and then of course, that pays for all of those workers.
In country towns where they live naturally, and according to the statistics of today, people are living healthier and longer lives. And they are useful members of their communities, and respected.
One day in 1976, Moraitis felt short of breath. Climbing stairs was a chore; he had to quit working midday. After X-rays, his doctor concluded that Moraitis had lung cancer. As he recalls, nine other doctors confirmed the diagnosis. They gave him nine months to live. He was in his mid-60s.
Moraitis considered staying in America and seeking aggressive cancer treatment at a local hospital. That way, he could also be close to his adult children. But he decided instead to return to Ikaria, where he could be buried with his ancestors in a cemetery shaded by oak trees that overlooked the Aegean Sea. He figured a funeral in the United States would cost thousands, a traditional Ikarian one only $200, leaving more of his retirement savings for his wife, Elpiniki. Moraitis and Elpiniki moved in with his elderly parents, into a tiny, whitewashed house on two acres of stepped vineyards near Evdilos, on the north side of Ikaria. At first, he spent his days in bed, as his mother and wife tended to him. He reconnected with his faith. On Sunday mornings, he hobbled up the hill to a tiny Greek Orthodox chapel where his grandfather once served as a priest. When his childhood friends discovered that he had moved back, they started showing up every afternoon. They’d talk for hours, an activity that invariably involved a bottle or two of locally produced wine. I might as well die happy, he thought.
In the ensuing months, something strange happened. He says he started to feel stronger. One day, feeling ambitious, he planted some vegetables in the garden. He didn’t expect to live to harvest them, but he enjoyed being in the sunshine, breathing the ocean air. Elpiniki could enjoy the fresh vegetables after he was gone.
Six months came and went. Moraitis didn’t die. Instead, he reaped his garden and, feeling emboldened, cleaned up the family vineyard as well.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/magazine/th... ***
Cancer can spontaneously enter remission. William Boyd, a pathologist, documented a large number of such instances in a book he published in 1961. He estimated that approx one in every 100,000 cases of cancer will show spontaneous remission. It had nothing to do with religion.

Unfortunately for you - picking and choosing single instances (which actually have an explanation) and trying to use them as evidence.. well... isn't really evidence.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Not very funny, but this one is:
A devout Christian is hit by a truck and is killed instantly, he see's the tunnel with the white light at the end and begins walking, closer and closer he gets, his excitement grows, just the thought of seeing God brings him to tears. He approaches the light, and soon he see's an image begin to take shape. The brightness of the light has blurred his vision, but soon he is standing before the image, as his sight returns he see's.......he see's........Gasp, and a cry escapes from deep inside, and he moans, "Holy shit, how could I have been so wrong." For before him stand SHIVA!!!!!!
Now thats funny. Of the thousands of Gods this dope picked the wrong one. Don't let that happen to you numbnuts, remember they can't ALL be the "right God." LOL
There was a family that lived across the road from me many years ago, and they were a bit slow and a bit rough, so to speak, and weren't too keen on education followed by work. Wagging school and unemployment is not to be scoffed at, not all fit into society, so while I am not judging the family for not having the required intelligence or requirement for further education, I can see the reasons for being 'on the outside'..

The youngest girl, probably in her late 20's now, called herself numbnuts and that is the first thing I thought of when reading your posting...

We each have our own calling, and most don't doubt that, but most of us do follow intently the path of our calling. JESUS Himself has told us that HE will bring others into HIS Flock, as they too will Hear HIS Voice,(in different words of course, but in Scripture), so perhaps, when we seek our Light, something draws us into a different course, but I have no doubts that I will be drawn in the right direction ~ I AM being drawn that way now and have been for as long as I can recall :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all cool. Now explain diamonds to me.
Read a Wilbur Smith Novel.... greed and the need for money and power but I guess in reality the same can be said about oil; The Diamond Hunters, I read quite a few of his novels in my 20's, and was probably horrified at what man(kind) could, did and does do to others. Blood Diamond was also a good movie, "Blood Diamond is a 2006 American political war thriller film co-produced and directed by Edward Zwick, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Connelly and Djimon Hounsou.[3] The title refers to blood diamonds, which are diamonds mined in African war zones and sold to finance conflicts, and thereby profit warlords and diamond companies across the world.

Set during the Sierra Leone Civil War in 1996–2001, the film shows a country torn apart by the struggle between government soldiers and rebel forces.[4] It also portrays many of the atrocities of that war, including the rebels' amputation of people's hands to discourage them from voting in upcoming elections.

The film's ending, in which a conference is held concerning blood diamonds, is in reference to an actual meeting that took place in Kimberley, South Africa in 2000 and led to the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme, which seeks to certify the origin of rough diamonds in order to curb the trade in conflict diamonds. The film received mixed but generally favorable reviews."

One would have to wonder at the uses of diamonds, and other gems and crystals, but then when one looks at a dessert rose, one can think there is only beauty to behold. Perhaps too, the same can be said of diamonds, but the dessert rose is perhaps fragile, and one of those beautiful things in life that are for no other purpose, than to be beautiful?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Spontaneous remission is rare, but not impossible. William Boyd, a pathologist, documented a large number of such instances in a book he published in 1961. He estimated that approx one in every 100,000 cases of cancer will show spontaneous remission. It has nothing to do with religion, either - just a bit of chance.
Now, I wonder how many people have prayed to be cured of cancer only to be denied their prayers... Probably too many to count.
You missed my point ~ he went home and lived naturally; with his parents, when he was in his 60's..... longevity is found where science isn't, was my point!!

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>There was a family that lived across the road from me many years ago, and they were a bit slow and a bit rough, so to speak, and weren't too keen on education followed by work. Wagging school and unemployment is not to be scoffed at, not all fit into society, so while I am not judging the family for not having the required intelligence or requirement for further education, I can see the reasons for being 'on the outside'..
The youngest girl, probably in her late 20's now, called herself numbnuts and that is the first thing I thought of when reading your posting...
We each have our own calling, and most don't doubt that, but most of us do follow intently the path of our calling. JESUS Himself has told us that HE will bring others into HIS Flock, as they too will Hear HIS Voice,(in different words of course, but in Scripture), so perhaps, when we seek our Light, something draws us into a different course, but I have no doubts that I will be drawn in the right direction ~ I AM being drawn that way now and have been for as long as I can recall :)
We can all change.

I saw a bright light once.

http://members.iglou.com/perkins/newkpf/2002_...

When I got to the end it was dark.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Read a Wilbur Smith Novel.... greed and the need for money and power but I guess in reality the same can be said about oil; The Diamond Hunters, I read quite a few of his novels in my 20's, and was probably horrified at what man(kind) could, did and does do to others. Blood Diamond was also a good movie, "Blood Diamond is a 2006 American political war thriller film co-produced and directed by Edward Zwick, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Connelly and Djimon Hounsou.[3] The title refers to blood diamonds, which are diamonds mined in African war zones and sold to finance conflicts, and thereby profit warlords and diamond companies across the world.
Set during the Sierra Leone Civil War in 1996–2001, the film shows a country torn apart by the struggle between government soldiers and rebel forces.[4] It also portrays many of the atrocities of that war, including the rebels' amputation of people's hands to discourage them from voting in upcoming elections.
The film's ending, in which a conference is held concerning blood diamonds, is in reference to an actual meeting that took place in Kimberley, South Africa in 2000 and led to the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme, which seeks to certify the origin of rough diamonds in order to curb the trade in conflict diamonds. The film received mixed but generally favorable reviews."
One would have to wonder at the uses of diamonds, and other gems and crystals, but then when one looks at a dessert rose, one can think there is only beauty to behold. Perhaps too, the same can be said of diamonds, but the dessert rose is perhaps fragile, and one of those beautiful things in life that are for no other purpose, than to be beautiful?
Things are what they are. What one finds beautiful, others find abhorrent.

I is what I is, for better and worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I have straighten it out.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I know the type.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Simply put, god sent himself to be killed so that he could forgive. Did god/jesus die? No, a god cannot die. What did god/jesus sacrifice? Nothing. If he cannot die, then he gave up nothing.
If Bill Gates says, "Hey BlackSheep, you sacrifice $100,000 to this charity and I will give you the $100,000 back." Did I make a sacrifice? Even if Bill waits three days to give me the money? No.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I am just trying to get you to think about your god's demands.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Read Deuteronomy 13:13-19, Deuteronomy 13:7-12, Leviticus 24:10-16, Deuteronomy 13:1-5 and Deuteronomy 18:20-22, to name a few.
Then read Matthew 5:17-19 Note: Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Most every christian makes the very same claim, yet how many christian sects are there? How did you pick the correct sect and so many others failed?
Answer. Over 40,000. It picked me, I was baptized in the Holy Spirit, and speak in tongues...... My father is an Agnostic/, and my mother is Pentecostal.

Why do you trust that you picked the right one?
Answer. Because Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship with God, which is individual and personal. I have seen miracles done, in the name of Jesus. People falling to the floor with one touch of the hand. Healings for family members... Numerous speaking in tongues, which is not new to me. I saw all this as a child, and on into my adulthood. My Grandmother would speak in tongues every time she prayed. She was the most amazing woman I ever had the pleasure to know... None of this is delusional, I assure you... I don't even drink, and it has nothing to do with being a Christian, I just don't like the taste... Lol. If it's not the right one, then I'm at least in the top 10... It's very Powerful... Maybe you can join, you can be one of my prayer warriors. I don't like to quote the Bible too often, because it can be refuted. His resurrection etc.... My faith is based on.... See above again... I could go on and on about the 'Amazing' things God has done for me.... Not sure your ready for that...
Okay, go ahead and do what the Atheist always do.... I can take it... Hugs, Nevaeh.:)

I have no need to be speak privately to anonymous people, but thanks for the offer.
Your welcome anytime... Offer always stand...

BS... Just know, you will only get so many chances to hear the truth... Someone is praying for you somewhere, because no one crosses my path by accident...:)

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Most every christian makes the very same claim, yet how many christian sects are there? How did you pick the correct sect and so many others failed?
Answer. Over 40,000. It picked me, I was baptized in the Holy Spirit, and speak in tongues...... My father is an Agnostic/, and my mother is Pentecostal.
Why do you trust that you picked the right one?
Answer. Because Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship with God, which is individual and personal. I have seen miracles done, in the name of Jesus. People falling to the floor with one touch of the hand. Healings for family members... Numerous speaking in tongues, which is not new to me. I saw all this as a child, and on into my adulthood. My Grandmother would speak in tongues every time she prayed. She was the most amazing woman I ever had the pleasure to know... None of this is delusional, I assure you... I don't even drink, and it has nothing to do with being a Christian, I just don't like the taste... Lol. If it's not the right one, then I'm at least in the top 10... It's very Powerful... Maybe you can join, you can be one of my prayer warriors. I don't like to quote the Bible too often, because it can be refuted. His resurrection etc.... My faith is based on.... See above again... I could go on and on about the 'Amazing' things God has done for me.... Not sure your ready for that...
Okay, go ahead and do what the Atheist always do.... I can take it... Hugs, Nevaeh.:)
I have no need to be speak privately to anonymous people, but thanks for the offer.
Your welcome anytime... Offer always stand...
BS... Just know, you will only get so many chances to hear the truth... Someone is praying for you somewhere, because no one crosses my path by accident...:)
I can speak 5 languages fluently and many others haltingly. Speaking in tongues is natural to me.

I find your faith interesting. My parents have faith in supernatural things but I don't. I don't think I ever will.

Understand this: You will get so many chances to hear the truth. It doesn't go away.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

BoThSiDeSoFsToRy wrote:
<quoted text>*** HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN MIRACLES SIR??**** Mere coincedences?? My husband had a 6 pound tumor pushing his lungs back, they said he would die in a matter of months. He was revived and is now in remission. He is lucky to be alive. This is a coincedence that it just went away right? Dont think so. By heavy prayer and faith, he kept going. God is real and those who choose to deny him will also be denied. I do not like to be called ignorant and gullible. I believe what I see and what I experience. Its also a coincedence that we moved and I quit my job not knowing if i could find another one. Well what do you know, I got a call from an application I put in months ago, that I forgot about and was hired the same day I moved. Good luck or GOD? Luck is a myth, I dont believe in. When you feel God one day you will understand.
And what do you say to all those people who believe as you do, but their rumors don't go away or they don't find that job?

Pray harder?

Jesus likes you better?

Wrong Jesus?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

BoThSiDeSoFsToRy wrote:
<quoted text>YOUR GOD??? How about everyones God? So we are here for no reason now right? No purpose, everything created itself huh? that is pure ignorance to believe that we are nothing. God is a forgiving God. Jesus died for your sins, he loves you. He died so we can live and be forgiven your right about that. But also, your wrong that God took him just so he could forgive us. The people persucuted him, his own people. Love each other like I love you, thats what we are here for is to love each other, show each other, teach each other and to live. And to your question, yes I do understand sacrifice, do you? Apparently not. You sound really selfish not to understand sacrifice. Your own mother sacrifices her life for her children. The government sacrifices spending time with their family to work. Lives have been saved by sacrifices of few good men. Sacrificing that candy bar at the store to save up for your childs christmas? You must think you are immoral if you do not understand this? think before you call anyone ignorant, look in the mirror. Life is about love, sacrifice, forgiveness. If not what is it for? Material stuff, sex, power, NOOOO!!!!
Nobody died for MY sins.

Sin is your thing.

Take responsibility for your own actions.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>The experiment started with DNA from a living organism.

The claim of creating life is a lie.

Atheists love it, and quote it often, being too stupid or too dishonest to admit it's a lie.
So according to you we're no closer to understanding the origin of life.

You've got one huge anchor tied around your neck.

I wouldn't go swimming if I were you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

BoThSiDeSoFsToRy wrote:
<quoted text>And, totally off subject, Jesus still has more records on Earth than Obama with his fake birth certificate (that has no US Seal), no record of schools, only a couple pictures. But everyone is doing just fine worshipping him and idoling him. THOU SHALT NOT WORSHIP FALSE IDOLS!!! This is true, just wait for it.Oh, but i shouldnt talk about this subject right, too controversial right? Too sensitive. Everyone needs to stop abandoning the true Lord, and being manipulated by the society and the world leaders, and come back to him before it is too late. Every beginning has an ending. That means that Earth wont last forever, we have to go somewhere. We are not here for nothing, thats like saying we are nothing. To call yourself nothing is ridiculous.
A birther.

No. You're not being manipulated much.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Mountains are often covered by snow because of the temperatures at higher elevations donÂ’t allow much thawing. I would say that counts as being covered wouldnÂ’t you?

Snow is made up of H20, same as water, correct?

Are you claiming a high hill is the same elevation as Mt. Everest?

Now Atheist are claiming a hill is a mountain?

Please explain.
You're stretching, and you know it.

That's good.

I think some reason is starting to penetrate that thick skull of yours.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

turkey wrote:
<quoted text>What happens if you drop a rock and hiding off the side of a 20 story building? Answer, who cares
You must be Christian.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, "don't allow much thawing" s a massive understatement. They are covered in snow because at that elevation the temperatures are so low everything freezes. Most mountains are above the vapor elevation for our atmosphere, not to mention it's almost impossible to breathe at that altitude ... well, unless you're a Sherpa, but that's evolution for you. Imagine if a wooden boat actually reached that altitude, it wouldn't be a boat after about an hour and everything would have suffocated.
Good point.

It never occurred to me that a boat at 29,000 feet would ice over and probably capsize, not to mention the rare atmosphere at that altitude.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody died for MY sins.
Sin is your thing.
Take responsibility for your own actions.
When they pray for my sins it just encourages me to do more of it. Yesterday, I coveted my elderly neighbors's snow. I stole all of it from her driveway. I'm a bad girl.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Buck Crick 205
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Buck Crick 21,387
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 6 hr DonPanic 1,286
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 8 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 8 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 22 hr religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... Thu Patrick 16
•••
•••