Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239250 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#145839 Dec 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>When they pray for my sins it just encourages me to do more of it. Yesterday, I coveted my elderly neighbors's snow. I stole all of it from her driveway. I'm a bad girl.
You can steal my snow.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#145840 Dec 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Scroll baby, scroll.
I know. I know.

Train wreck syndrome.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#145841 Dec 30, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Superman squeezes charcoal briquettes.
Between his butt cheeks?

I'm gonna poo poo that.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#145842 Dec 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's eroding at close to the same rate.
It's being torn apart by crabs, I think.
Stupid flood.
Humm, a mountain with the crabs!!!

Location hidden

#145843 Dec 30, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
One never knows when the homosexual is about...
Gaydar is your friend.

OMG. You're gay.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#145844 Dec 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
Buck Crick? Is that you?
It ain't necessarily so.

I think Buck is hiding.

Location hidden

#145845 Dec 30, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You can steal my snow.
If you're elderly and you move in next to me, I might mow your lawn.

The covetous bitch that I am.

Uhhh, when I say mow your lawn, well......you know, right?

Right?

How fit are you? Nah, I'd kill you. Plus, I'm a lesbian.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#145846 Dec 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
Gaydar is your friend.
OMG. You're gay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NVpBVmXABCQXX
Doesn't everyone sing in the shower?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I'd better try to get some shut ass.

Location hidden

#145847 Dec 30, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Humm, a mountain with the crabs!!!
See? You're Buck too.

Location hidden

#145848 Dec 30, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It ain't necessarily so.
I think Buck is hiding.
I was contemplating suicide and then I thought about Superman and how sad that would be. I want to kill myself but I can't. Then I thought about his girlfriend.

OK, enough, stop. It was really good for the first 3 hours. I'll call ya.

Ouch.

Location hidden

#145850 Dec 30, 2012
I got a warning for saying Redneck.

I love bots.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#145851 Dec 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>If you're elderly and you move in next to me, I might mow your lawn.

Right?

5'7" 160 lbs. 12% body fat.(I'll get that to 10% by summer)

I'm in better shape now than I was at 19.

And I have a small lawn.

Location hidden

#145852 Dec 30, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have a small lawn.
I am 19.

Do you know how many times I wake up and wish I was older? None

Do you know how many times I wake up and wish I was heterosexual? Every time.

It never happens and it never will.

I'm 5'6" and 115. I don't know what fat is.

Dwain Sawh

Brooklyn, NY

#145853 Dec 30, 2012
Religion is a big lie created by alie beings to divide and conquor humans. Make us their slaves. Here is your gods who created humans.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#145854 Dec 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're elderly and you move in next to me, I might mow your lawn.
Right?
Hey, we have an all lesbian construction crew down here that builds houses .... they don't use studs ... all their work is tongue and groove.

Location hidden

#145855 Dec 30, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have a small lawn.
I realize that I wasn't quite truthful. I'm 115 with one leg. I'd weigh more with the other one.

Legs are heavy.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#145856 Dec 30, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have a small lawn.
I'm in shape ... round is a shape, isn't it?

Location hidden

#145857 Dec 30, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, we have an all lesbian construction crew down here that builds houses .... they don't use studs ... all their work is tongue and groove.
I'm amused.

I like a good lesbian joke.

Wait, that's part of a good lesbian joke.

You guys slay me.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#145858 Dec 30, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You probably won't the answers that I have to my research, but going to put them here anyway.
***The crude oil (and natural gas) we drill for the world over is, for the most part, stored in tiny pores within rock up to only about three miles deep in the Earth’s hugely dense crust. At such depths, the oil there is under fairly high pressure. When it is removed, other liquids—usually water—move in to take its place, equalizing the pressure in the process. Sometimes oil extractors pump water into one side of an oil field to push oil toward wells on the other side, and the water replaces the oil accordingly. In cases where other liquids don’t move in, such as in the North Sea off The Netherlands, the porous rock layer that harbored the oil originally can collapse after extraction, causing slight amounts of land settling (known as “land subsidence”) in the rock layer surfaces above, but typically no more than a few tenths of an inch per year. Here in the U.S., land subsidence induced by the large volume extraction of underground resources including oil and gas “is more common than most people realize,” according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), a government agency which collects, monitors, analyzes and provides scientific understanding about natural resource conditions, issues and problems. Flat coastal plains and wetlands near sea level are most at risk from this potential side effect. Excessive ground water pumping, not oil or gas extraction, is the single largest source of land subsidence, says the USGS, but the agency cites several cases throughout the 20th century which they say demonstrate how “accelerated withdrawal of oil, gas and associated water from shallow unconsolidated reservoirs could lower the land elevation, cause minor earthquakes, and activate faults [around oil fields].” Subsidence around large, mature oil and gas fields that coincide with faults could add enough stress to trigger small, locally based earthquakes as far as two kilometers away from the offending wells. Most geologists agree, though, that it is unlikely that oil and gas extraction could contribute to or cause major earthquakes, which are generated at depths far deeper than would be practical to drill for oil or gas. The USGS does suggest, however, that the continued withdrawal of oil and gas and the associated decline in underground fluid pressure could even contribute to coastal sea level rises by lowering coastal land elevations.
31Dec12.....

.....BobLoblah is a Design Engineer in the Oil & Gas energy Field and has been doing so for over 40+ years having lived and worked in 23 countries.....and still counting.

You have done your homework well, and vot you have shown here is correct.

Ps:.....However, your notes are NOT entirely correct when you show within three (3)miles of the Earths Crust.

Oil is high in volume much further down than that. As far back as 1983, BobLoblah was partial to drilling three (3) wells OffShore on the ocean.

.....1st...BobLoblah and company had to utilize a 'JackUP' rig with leggings for 180 meters of water.

.....2nd...BobLoblah had to 'design' a false rotary table to allow the 36 inch drill bit to go down to the Earth's surface 'Below' the ocean's surgace to begin drilling.

.....3rd...BobLoblah had to arrange the continued drilling to reach the Oil base level at 6028 Meters...withIN the Earth.

.....4th... BobLoblah had to arrange the 'inside' blasting OutWards of the innerWalls of the drill stem to gauge the flow of Oil back into the drillStem.

.....Finally, BobLoblah had to arrange the capping Off via using Christmas Trees and RAMS....called capping da well.....until the Oil company decided to begin production.

Note:.....This was in ONLY 180 meters of water. Imagine when BobLoblah and similar people drill for Oil in waters 3 - 4 miles deep..such as the South China Seas and the Peruvian Rift.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#145859 Dec 30, 2012
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Spontaneous remission is rare, but not impossible. William Boyd, a pathologist, documented a large number of such instances in a book he published in 1961. He estimated that approx one in every 100,000 cases of cancer will show spontaneous remission. It has nothing to do with religion, either - just a bit of chance.
Now, I wonder how many people have prayed to be cured of cancer only to be denied their prayers... Probably too many to count.
31Dec12.....

.....Wrong.....

Ps:....'William Boyd' is Hopalong Cassidy. Now, and Forever...to the Greatest Generation and their 'offSpring' tooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 16 min woodtick57 7,431
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 1 hr hpcaban 7,487
News Number of Christians Decline 'Unaffiliated' Ris... 4 hr Thinking 6
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr thetruth 19,049
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Thinking 2,188
News New Atheism's fatal arrogance: The glaring inte... 13 hr EdSed 5
Holidays 13 hr EdSed 4
More from around the web