Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#145767 Dec 29, 2012
turkey wrote:
<quoted text> What happens if you drop a rock and hiding off the side of a 20 story building? Answer, who cares
Gobble Gobble

http://wsmv.images.worldnow.com/images/181574...

Goober Goober

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#145768 Dec 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quepe tepe papasapa?
No entiendo! De que estas hablando? Portuguťs?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#145769 Dec 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I think you were bullied when you were a kid. Donít me get wrong we all had run ins with bullies. Some more than others. But I think you were bullied a hell of a lot.
Maybe it was because your size and your grades. That bullying had a sizeable impact on your life. Sarcasm and cynicism comes from your childhood. It could even had derived from a relative.
Iím sorry that happened to you. Today there has been a little more focus on the problem of bullying. I can only hope you donít pass on those undesirable personality traits to your children and grandchildren.
It's not too late to change.
You're a very poor chiromancer but an excellent charlatan.

Long Beach, CA

#145770 Dec 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No entiendo! De que estas hablando? Portuguťs?
Jerigoncio.

In Jerigoncio, Jeperipigoponciopo.

I'm impressed, you have an accent mark on your keyboard!

Location hidden

#145771 Dec 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quepe tepe papasapa?
Oh sh*t, it just clicked in my head, u meant que te pasa, oh lol!

I thought u were speaking another language! I forgot about the p thing.

Location hidden

#145772 Dec 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerigoncio.
In Jerigoncio, Jeperipigoponciopo.
I'm impressed, you have an accent mark on your keyboard!
No, lol, I didn't know how to say portugese in spanish, i can't even spell the word in English, so I put it into google, OK, u happy now? U smarty pants!!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#145773 Dec 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I think you were bullied when you were a kid. Donít me get wrong we all had run ins with bullies. Some more than others. But I think you were bullied a hell of a lot.
Maybe it was because your size and your grades. That bullying had a sizeable impact on your life. Sarcasm and cynicism comes from your childhood. It could even had derived from a relative.
Iím sorry that happened to you. Today there has been a little more focus on the problem of bullying. I can only hope you donít pass on those undesirable personality traits to your children and grandchildren.
No, I was bullied as a child, being butch in the early 80s wasn't cool until I got into junior high. Anyhow, I turned the tables on them quickly so it's meh. That still doesn't change that you are grasping at straws.

Long Beach, CA

#145774 Dec 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, lol, I didn't know how to say portugese in spanish, i can't even spell the word in English, so I put it into google, OK, u happy now? U smarty pants!!
I'm wearing Lucky jeans.

Location hidden

#145775 Dec 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wearing Lucky jeans.
Not for long, u ain't! ;-P

What? Don't give me that look, wearing jeans for too long is bad for blood circulation!

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#145776 Dec 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Note:ďScientist created,Ē the DNA didnít self create. Then scientist injected the man made DNA into a cell. The DNA then replicated itself. This is a case of forced assembly.
Man-made DNA has booted up a cell for the first time.
In a feat that is the culmination of two and a half years of tests and adjustments, researchers at the J. Craig Venter Institute inserted artificial genetic material ó chemically printed, synthesized and assembled ó into cells that were then able to grow naturally.
What you said: "but they have not ever been able to create life from non living material."

This is what they did. Saying they did not implies there is something more to life than what we know of - something you can't prove. Here is a summary of the project:

"And after nearly 15 years of such toiling in his labs in Rockville, Md., J. Craig Venter, co-mapper of the human genome, has done just that. Reporting in the journal Science, he describes a remarkable experiment in which he and the team at his eponymous institute have pieced together the entire genome of a bacterium and then inserted those genetic instructions into another bacterium. The cell booted up, and life ó by nearly any definition ó was created."

Long Beach, CA

#145777 Dec 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for long, u ain't! ;-P
What? Don't give me that look, wearing jeans for too long is bad for blood circulation!
Now you tell me.

Off they come.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#145778 Dec 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the captions. Didn't see that. Nevertheless, I wasn't talking about fact, I was talking about the brain washing we all got as kids with the monkey-to-human evolutionary poster that was in nearly every science class in America.
<quoted text>
Lots. Here one:
"Humans may not be descended from Neanderthals after all....."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
Your evolutionary scientists can't even agree on what's what anymore.
I'm still trying to break out of the gravity brainwashing I received as a kid. I think that as soon as I do, I'll be able to fly.

Location hidden

#145779 Dec 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you have seen pictures taken by the Hubble Telescope. The magnificence of the cosmos is indescribable. Nothing like that kind beauty just happens on itís own. Those photoís show stunning art not created by accident or happenstance but by purpose.
I donít know if you have ever done in star gazing on a clear night away from the big cities. The beauty and awesomeness of the cosmos canít be described in human words. No Sir, it didnít just happen by accident.
ďIn the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.Ē
"I don't get it, so it must be god."

Location hidden

#145780 Dec 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're math isn't adding up.
"At that rate there was 150 tons per second of rain falling on the decks of Noah's ark"
You're implying that there was 150 tons of water falling per second around the world to make up the height of Mt Everest in 40 days & nights.
Somehow you think that all the rainclouds were only above the ark, not around the world....
So which is is? Was there 150 tons of water falling for 40 days & 40 nights or not?
Oh, RR.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#145781 Dec 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
*yawn*

Typical Christian hypocrisy. Go read your Bible - I think you missed the second half of it or so.

Oh, and when you wonder why people are waking up and seeing why religion is bullshit - look at yourself. If God can't even "change the hearts" of assholes like you, how did he create everything?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#145782 Dec 29, 2012
Behold! The perfect plan of god!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#145783 Dec 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
You evil turkey! Shame on you!!
He engages in turkey trickery!

You have to watch those wild turkeys.

Location hidden

#145784 Dec 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you tell me.
Off they come.
Ooops, I didn't have my eyes closed! ;-)

Location hidden

#145785 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Behold! The perfect plan of god!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =A_a6RjR_AHYXX
OMG, I watch those, they're funny, I found out that God is an atheist! See u do learn stuff from youtube.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#145786 Dec 29, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>This little joke was posted in FB via another Topix thread, and thought you might enjoy it too :)
***An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
"Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know sh#t?"
And then she went back to reading her book.***
Not very funny, but this one is:

A devout Christian is hit by a truck and is killed instantly, he see's the tunnel with the white light at the end and begins walking, closer and closer he gets, his excitement grows, just the thought of seeing God brings him to tears. He approaches the light, and soon he see's an image begin to take shape. The brightness of the light has blurred his vision, but soon he is standing before the image, as his sight returns he see's.......he see's........Gasp, and a cry escapes from deep inside, and he moans, "Holy shit, how could I have been so wrong." For before him stand SHIVA!!!!!!

Now thats funny. Of the thousands of Gods this dope picked the wrong one. Don't let that happen to you numbnuts, remember they can't ALL be the "right God." LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 11 min Patrick 150
Is Religion Childish? 2 hr Patrick 3
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 2 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr _Bad Company 22,919
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 4 hr Richardfs 5,584
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Richardfs 674
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 5 hr Andre 463

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE