Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#145748 Dec 29, 2012
BoThSiDeSoFsToRy wrote:
<quoted text>
And, totally off subject, Jesus still has more records on Earth than Obama with his fake birth certificate (that has no US Seal), no record of schools, only a couple pictures. But everyone is doing just fine worshipping him and idoling him. THOU SHALT NOT WORSHIP FALSE IDOLS!!! This is true, just wait for it.Oh, but i shouldnt talk about this subject right, too controversial right? Too sensitive. Everyone needs to stop abandoning the true Lord, and being manipulated by the society and the world leaders, and come back to him before it is too late. Every beginning has an ending. That means that Earth wont last forever, we have to go somewhere. We are not here for nothing, thats like saying we are nothing. To call yourself nothing is ridiculous.
I just leafed through the Guiness Book of World Records, and Jesus doesn't have a single record.

When the world ends, where do you suggest we should go?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#145749 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to hear he didn't actually have cancer.
How do you know? Or is that just a hunch?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#145750 Dec 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have Noah confused with Lot.:)
They all look alike to me :)

Long Beach, CA

#145751 Dec 29, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
They all look alike to me :)
Thanks a Lot.

Location hidden

#145752 Dec 29, 2012
BoThSiDeSoFsToRy wrote:
<quoted text>
*** HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN MIRACLES SIR??**** Mere coincedences?? My husband had a 6 pound tumor pushing his lungs back, they said he would die in a matter of months. He was revived and is now in remission. He is lucky to be alive. This is a coincedence that it just went away right? Dont think so. By heavy prayer and faith, he kept going. God is real and those who choose to deny him will also be denied. I do not like to be called ignorant and gullible. I believe what I see and what I experience. Its also a coincedence that we moved and I quit my job not knowing if i could find another one. Well what do you know, I got a call from an application I put in months ago, that I forgot about and was hired the same day I moved. Good luck or GOD? Luck is a myth, I dont believe in. When you feel God one day you will understand.
Was it also a miracle that the tumor grew there or just bad luck? Oh wait, luck is a myth. If it's a miracle that it disappeared, it must also be a miracle that it appeared. Sounds like your god is playing games like the petulant child that he is portrayed as.

Location hidden

#145753 Dec 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks a Lot.
Pass the salt, please.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#145754 Dec 29, 2012
PartyPooper II wrote:
ATHEISM is for people with simple minds...
so,
when did you become atheist?
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#145755 Dec 29, 2012
BoThSiDeSoFsToRy wrote:
<quoted text>
*** HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN MIRACLES SIR??**** Mere coincedences?? My husband had a 6 pound tumor pushing his lungs back, they said he would die in a matter of months. He was revived and is now in remission. He is lucky to be alive. This is a coincedence that it just went away right? Dont think so. By heavy prayer and faith, he kept going. God is real and those who choose to deny him will also be denied. I do not like to be called ignorant and gullible. I believe what I see and what I experience. Its also a coincedence that we moved and I quit my job not knowing if i could find another one. Well what do you know, I got a call from an application I put in months ago, that I forgot about and was hired the same day I moved. Good luck or GOD? Luck is a myth, I dont believe in. When you feel God one day you will understand.
I guess you can close all hospitals then,and go to church when you get sick

I highly recomend this for all xians!

www.evilbible.com

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#145756 Dec 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mountains are often covered by snow because of the temperatures at higher elevations donít allow much thawing. I would say that counts as being covered wouldnít you?
Snow is made up of H20, same as water, correct?
Are you claiming a high hill is the same elevation as Mt. Everest?
Now Atheist are claiming a hill is a mountain?
Please explain.
I can explain that very simply: you are clutching at straws.

Long Beach, CA

#145757 Dec 29, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Pass the salt, please.
Noah!

Salt's not good for your blood pressure.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#145758 Dec 29, 2012
BoThSiDeSoFsToRy wrote:
<quoted text>
And, totally off subject, Jesus still has more records on Earth than Obama with his fake birth certificate (that has no US Seal), no record of schools, only a couple pictures. But everyone is doing just fine worshipping him and idoling him..
&sn s=em
turkey

Oswego, NY

#145759 Dec 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got the serious face on, I'm being serious. Don't u guys care that she just disappeared? One minute she was here and the next, puff!
What happens if you drop a rock and hiding off the side of a 20 story building? Answer, who cares

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#145760 Dec 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know? Or is that just a hunch?
No, it's a statistical probability. Cancer is the most inaccurately diagnosed ailment, and to avoid as many deaths as possible from an almost incurable illness, doctors often look at "maybe" as "positive" to err on the side of caution. The result has one huge drawback in that half of all growths are not tumors, and half of the actual tumors are actually harmless. Often a massive infection will be diagnosed as cancer, again to err on the side of caution, then vanish completely. Or the tumors originally detected will stop growing and become benign on their own. Stories of people diagnosed with cancer, only to show no signs at all a few months later, are not rare, and they span all walks of life, even atheists, so don't try that "it's prayer" canard. It's a statistically significant occurrence with no specific connection other than they were all human.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#145761 Dec 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mountains are often covered by snow because of the temperatures at higher elevations donít allow much thawing. I would say that counts as being covered wouldnít you?
Snow is made up of H20, same as water, correct?
Are you claiming a high hill is the same elevation as Mt. Everest?
Now Atheist are claiming a hill is a mountain?
Please explain.
Wow, "don't allow much thawing" s a massive understatement. They are covered in snow because at that elevation the temperatures are so low everything freezes. Most mountains are above the vapor elevation for our atmosphere, not to mention it's almost impossible to breathe at that altitude ... well, unless you're a Sherpa, but that's evolution for you. Imagine if a wooden boat actually reached that altitude, it wouldn't be a boat after about an hour and everything would have suffocated.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#145762 Dec 29, 2012
turkey wrote:
<quoted text> What happens if you drop a rock and hiding off the side of a 20 story building? Answer, who cares
You evil turkey! Shame on you!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#145763 Dec 29, 2012
@Batty..thanks. I know, I'm waiting for that day when I can pull their legs, lol! Somehow, I don't think it's going to happen.

@Sheru....Islam forum itna acha nahi hai, jab me jhati hoon tho koi bhi nahi hota, aap yaha kyon nahi aate? Mujhe yaha zaada acha lagta hai, kyon ke tide, river aur catcher bohut funny hai!!

Long Beach, CA

#145764 Dec 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
@Batty..thanks. I know, I'm waiting for that day when I can pull their legs, lol! Somehow, I don't think it's going to happen.
@Sheru....Islam forum itna acha nahi hai, jab me jhati hoon tho koi bhi nahi hota, aap yaha kyon nahi aate? Mujhe yaha zaada acha lagta hai, kyon ke tide, river aur catcher bohut funny hai!!
Quepe tepe papasapa?

Southern Illinois

#145765 Dec 29, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I can explain that very simply: you are clutching at straws.
You know, I think you were bullied when you were a kid. Donít me get wrong we all had run ins with bullies. Some more than others. But I think you were bullied a hell of a lot.

Maybe it was because your size and your grades. That bullying had a sizeable impact on your life. Sarcasm and cynicism comes from your childhood. It could even had derived from a relative.

Iím sorry that happened to you. Today there has been a little more focus on the problem of bullying. I can only hope you donít pass on those undesirable personality traits to your children and grandchildren.

It's not too late to change.

Southern Illinois

#145766 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, "don't allow much thawing" s a massive understatement. They are covered in snow because at that elevation the temperatures are so low everything freezes. Most mountains are above the vapor elevation for our atmosphere, not to mention it's almost impossible to breathe at that altitude ... well, unless you're a Sherpa, but that's evolution for you. Imagine if a wooden boat actually reached that altitude, it wouldn't be a boat after about an hour and everything would have suffocated.
True.

Location hidden

#145767 Dec 29, 2012
turkey wrote:
<quoted text> What happens if you drop a rock and hiding off the side of a 20 story building? Answer, who cares
Gobble Gobble

http://wsmv.images.worldnow.com/images/181574...

Goober Goober

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 34 min Richardfs 23,004
Atheist because of art class 1 hr AtheistBodybuilde... 1
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 2 hr Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Richardfs 1,404
Islam for peace, or violence? 4 hr Thinking 54
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 4 hr Thinking 92
Our world came from nothing? 12 hr Thinking 1,061

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE