Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#145731 Dec 29, 2012
Nevaeh wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you have to insult people's intelligence to build yourself up. The fact that you do this, shows your lack there of. Again, this calls for 'Wisdom'...
since you placed it in quotes, what is your definition of wisdom being employed here?

By any chance you don't mean "interpretation," do you? Because if your book requires "interpretation" then who is to say your explanation is more valid than anyone else?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#145732 Dec 29, 2012
Nevaeh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do not understand everything God did, or does. I just trust him. I personally would not kill any animal, unless I intended to eat it. What you don't seem to understand is this is God's World. As any good Father, he makes the rules. You do realize nothing is sacrificed or murdered today, for God to forgive?... That's why Jesus died on the cross and shed his 'own' blood, so we can be forgiven.
I realize that you are unable and or unwilling to think for yourself.

In your sect, is jesus god? If so, then he had himself killed to appease himself.

You say that you would not kill any animal, but had you been born prior to jesus' death, you would have been force to murder animals for your god.

In fact, your god has standing orders for you to kill all non-believers! I know, you try and try to weasel out of god's laws, but you are only fooling yourself. Your god said that you must and jesus confirmed that you must. If you are not going to follow your god's laws, why would you try to get me to follow him?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#145733 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
It says to kill the "offering."
50 And he shall kill the one of the birds in an earthen vessel over running water:
You said it didn't, you either ignored it or need to learn English. I suspect the latter at this point.
Nevaeh wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you have to insult people's intelligence to build yourself up. The fact that you do this, shows your lack there of. Again, this calls for 'Wisdom'...
KittenKoder, made a very good point and you did what any good believer would do; you ran away from the issue and created a new one!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#145734 Dec 29, 2012
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, scientists have created life from non-living material.
No, actually they have not.

They started with LIVING material, dumbass.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#145735 Dec 29, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually they have not.
They started with LIVING material, dumbass.
Wait, you think atoms are alive?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#145736 Dec 29, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
KittenKoder, made a very good point and you did what any good believer would do; you ran away from the issue and created a new one!
The irony is that needing to learn English would have been a valid reason for a mis-communication. I keep giving them easy ways to avoid the tough problems with their mythology, but they just immediately assume it's an insult, or intended as one.

Since: Dec 12

Douglasville, GA

#145737 Dec 29, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
Christianity is based on death. It promises us eternal life in heaven, and reduces it's adherents to a bunch of forlock-tugging, self-pitying people who believe that they are "unworthy" because of their inherent sinfulness.
This philosophy completely overshadows the enjoyment of life.
What else does it do? It opresses women and denies them equality with men, it persecutes homosexuals and it terrifies little children like Curtis Lowe.
Wait a minute - there's more: It represses scientific research and promotes superstition and the worship of an imaginary god while all the time, condemning mortal man.
It's time that religion was kicked out of the public square and back where it belongs - in the minds of the ignorant and gullible.
*** HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN MIRACLES SIR??**** Mere coincedences?? My husband had a 6 pound tumor pushing his lungs back, they said he would die in a matter of months. He was revived and is now in remission. He is lucky to be alive. This is a coincedence that it just went away right? Dont think so. By heavy prayer and faith, he kept going. God is real and those who choose to deny him will also be denied. I do not like to be called ignorant and gullible. I believe what I see and what I experience. Its also a coincedence that we moved and I quit my job not knowing if i could find another one. Well what do you know, I got a call from an application I put in months ago, that I forgot about and was hired the same day I moved. Good luck or GOD? Luck is a myth, I dont believe in. When you feel God one day you will understand.

Douglasville, GA

#145738 Dec 29, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't explain anything. I realize that your god requires something to be killed, so that he can forgive. My question is, do you realize that.
Something must be murdered, so that you god can forgive.
Doesn't that strike you as wrong? Immoral? Stupid?
YOUR GOD??? How about everyones God? So we are here for no reason now right? No purpose, everything created itself huh? that is pure ignorance to believe that we are nothing. God is a forgiving God. Jesus died for your sins, he loves you. He died so we can live and be forgiven your right about that. But also, your wrong that God took him just so he could forgive us. The people persucuted him, his own people. Love each other like I love you, thats what we are here for is to love each other, show each other, teach each other and to live. And to your question, yes I do understand sacrifice, do you? Apparently not. You sound really selfish not to understand sacrifice. Your own mother sacrifices her life for her children. The government sacrifices spending time with their family to work. Lives have been saved by sacrifices of few good men. Sacrificing that candy bar at the store to save up for your childs christmas? You must think you are immoral if you do not understand this? think before you call anyone ignorant, look in the mirror. Life is about love, sacrifice, forgiveness. If not what is it for? Material stuff, sex, power, NOOOO!!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#145739 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, you think atoms are alive?
The experiment started with DNA from a living organism.

The claim of creating life is a lie.

Atheists love it, and quote it often, being too stupid or too dishonest to admit it's a lie.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#145740 Dec 29, 2012
BoThSiDeSoFsToRy wrote:
<quoted text>
*** HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN MIRACLES SIR??**** Mere coincedences?? My husband had a 6 pound tumor pushing his lungs back, they said he would die in a matter of months. He was revived and is now in remission. He is lucky to be alive. This is a coincedence that it just went away right? Dont think so. By heavy prayer and faith, he kept going. God is real and those who choose to deny him will also be denied. I do not like to be called ignorant and gullible. I believe what I see and what I experience. Its also a coincedence that we moved and I quit my job not knowing if i could find another one. Well what do you know, I got a call from an application I put in months ago, that I forgot about and was hired the same day I moved. Good luck or GOD? Luck is a myth, I dont believe in. When you feel God one day you will understand.
Good to hear he didn't actually have cancer.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#145741 Dec 29, 2012
BoThSiDeSoFsToRy wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR GOD??? How about everyones God? So we are here for no reason now right? No purpose, everything created itself huh? that is pure ignorance to believe that we are nothing. God is a forgiving God. Jesus died for your sins, he loves you. He died so we can live and be forgiven your right about that. But also, your wrong that God took him just so he could forgive us. The people persucuted him, his own people. Love each other like I love you, thats what we are here for is to love each other, show each other, teach each other and to live. And to your question, yes I do understand sacrifice, do you? Apparently not. You sound really selfish not to understand sacrifice. Your own mother sacrifices her life for her children. The government sacrifices spending time with their family to work. Lives have been saved by sacrifices of few good men. Sacrificing that candy bar at the store to save up for your childs christmas? You must think you are immoral if you do not understand this? think before you call anyone ignorant, look in the mirror. Life is about love, sacrifice, forgiveness. If not what is it for? Material stuff, sex, power, NOOOO!!!!
So, you think stars, planets, rocks, and atoms are intelligent? What a strange belief you have.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#145742 Dec 29, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The experiment started with DNA from a living organism.
The claim of creating life is a lie.
Atheists love it, and quote it often, being too stupid or too dishonest to admit it's a lie.
Really? Which experiment was this?

Douglasville, GA

#145743 Dec 29, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
There are multiple, independent historical records of Beethoven's existence, unlike your Jesus, for whom no reliable records outside of the bible exist.
And, totally off subject, Jesus still has more records on Earth than Obama with his fake birth certificate (that has no US Seal), no record of schools, only a couple pictures. But everyone is doing just fine worshipping him and idoling him. THOU SHALT NOT WORSHIP FALSE IDOLS!!! This is true, just wait for it.Oh, but i shouldnt talk about this subject right, too controversial right? Too sensitive. Everyone needs to stop abandoning the true Lord, and being manipulated by the society and the world leaders, and come back to him before it is too late. Every beginning has an ending. That means that Earth wont last forever, we have to go somewhere. We are not here for nothing, thats like saying we are nothing. To call yourself nothing is ridiculous.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#145744 Dec 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered."
You never even read the Bible, did you ?
Why do you lie ?
Mountains are often covered by snow because of the temperatures at higher elevations don’t allow much thawing. I would say that counts as being covered wouldn’t you?

Snow is made up of H20, same as water, correct?

Are you claiming a high hill is the same elevation as Mt. Everest?

Now Atheist are claiming a hill is a mountain?

Please explain.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#145745 Dec 29, 2012
BoThSiDeSoFsToRy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice new character!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#145746 Dec 29, 2012
BoThSiDeSoFsToRy wrote:
<quoted text>
And, totally off subject, Jesus still has more records on Earth than Obama with his fake birth certificate (that has no US Seal), no record of schools, only a couple pictures. But everyone is doing just fine worshipping him and idoling him. THOU SHALT NOT WORSHIP FALSE IDOLS!!! This is true, just wait for it.Oh, but i shouldnt talk about this subject right, too controversial right? Too sensitive. Everyone needs to stop abandoning the true Lord, and being manipulated by the society and the world leaders, and come back to him before it is too late. Every beginning has an ending. That means that Earth wont last forever, we have to go somewhere. We are not here for nothing, thats like saying we are nothing. To call yourself nothing is ridiculous.
Okay, so you are so delusional that you will buy any old lie so long as there is evidence that conflicts with it.

... or you are a troll Poe.

Southern Illinois

#145747 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I didn't entirely give him an out, anyway, he didn't even use it. lol
Thank you anyway, you get a hug.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#145748 Dec 29, 2012
BoThSiDeSoFsToRy wrote:
<quoted text>
I just leafed through the Guiness Book of World Records, and Jesus doesn't have a single record.

When the world ends, where do you suggest we should go?

Southern Illinois

#145749 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to hear he didn't actually have cancer.
How do you know? Or is that just a hunch?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#145750 Dec 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have Noah confused with Lot.:)
They all look alike to me :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God' existence 12 min Carchar king 89
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr ChristineM 5,952
The Perils of Belief 5 hr P_Smith 1
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 5 hr P_Smith 1
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 hr Morse 23,268
Evidence for God! 7 hr Morse 373
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 16 hr RayOne 2,621
More from around the web