Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#145603 Dec 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Sorry, Eagle. It just never gets old!
Catcher, this time I waited for u, but u didn't come.:-(
How am I going to find 'Hiding', where should I start looking?
Look deep inside your heart.

And let out a big scream.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#145604 Dec 28, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Once upon a time, Pasteur wasn't yet born.
Like a little bit of E211 to brighten up your DNA?? Louis Pasteur was not into killing us, but saving us!! Glad you picked a good one LOL

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#145605 Dec 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet in real life you’re a lot nicer in person.
This little joke was posted in FB via another Topix thread, and thought you might enjoy it too :)
***An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
"Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know sh#t?"
And then she went back to reading her book.***

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#145606 Dec 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And let out a big scream.
I've got the serious face on, I'm being serious. Don't u guys care that she just disappeared? One minute she was here and the next, puff!

Long Beach, CA

#145607 Dec 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got the serious face on, I'm being serious. Don't u guys care that she just disappeared? One minute she was here and the next, puff!
There are times that Hiding grits her teeth, prioritizes her academic responsibilities, and disappears for a while.

She'll be back though.

She's hooked on teaching; this is a good outlet for it.

And she's very good at it.

Location hidden

#145608 Dec 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are times that Hiding grits her teeth, prioritizes her academic responsibilities, and disappears for a while.
She'll be back though.
She's hooked on teaching; this is a good outlet for it.
And she's very good at it.
Oh, OK.

I'm sure she is, she seems very clever.

What subject does she teach?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#145610 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Pray do tell what has this got to do with Noah's flood??
"Say all you like how I spell bibull it does not change the fact it is bull, the numbers prove it. "
One thing all godbots are good at is playing dumb, well that does come natural to you.

You have completely ignored the simple fact that the numbers prove that the story of the flood is pure unadulterated BS and you are desperately trying to steer the conversation away from that fact.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#145611 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think calling us GODBOT'S is an insult? You are actually complimenting us, and I thank you for your acknowledgement :)
Then you don't know what godbot means, let me enlighten you:-

GODBOT:(noun)
someone programmed from birth to follow religious leaders' every wish; often indoctrinated in Christian fellowships closed off to free thinkers. Extremely dangerous when church leaders use the GodBots to harm other non-GodBots.

GODBOTIC (verb) used to describe the hateful actions perpetuated by Christian people who won't listen to reason or logic.(thanks, Anonymous at Datalounge, whoever you are)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Still proud are we?

Long Beach, CA

#145612 Dec 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, OK.
Anthropology.

Same as the clothes brand.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#145613 Dec 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, OK.
She's a Dentist.

Location hidden

#145614 Dec 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthropology.
Same as the clothes brand.
Oh, so she's a university lecturer?

I've never heard of that brand.
Divine Alien Lies 2 you

El Dorado Hills, CA

#145615 Dec 28, 2012
Divine Alien wrote:
When we leave this world, we are going back to God himself.
No, because dust we are and dust we return.

Genesis 3:19
"By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

Location hidden

#145616 Dec 28, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a Dentist.
Hang on...are u guys pulling my leg?

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#145617 Dec 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you need some kind of a license for that?

Long Beach, CA

#145618 Dec 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so she's a university lecturer?
I've never heard of that brand.
Yes, she is.

On second thought, it's a store that sells clothes and other stuff too: Anthropologie.

I think.

Long Beach, CA

#145619 Dec 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Your tooth, not your leg silly.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#145620 Dec 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
If you pull my leg hard enough, it comes off. Well, the right one. Nooo, my right, your left.

;-)

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#145621 Dec 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, thanks.
I drive something a little different, but I appreciate these too.
That low rider song is one of my favorites. It reminds me of home (Houston). I love it and those low riders are too cool, lol.

Southern Illinois

#145622 Dec 28, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
This first chairman was how old? 600 years, give or take a century?
Otay.
Thank you, I didn't take into account how many birthdays he had, lol.

Southern Illinois

#145623 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>This little joke was posted in FB via another Topix thread, and thought you might enjoy it too :)
***An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
"Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know sh#t?"
And then she went back to reading her book.***
5 stars! Lol....:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam for peace, or violence? 14 min Uncle Sam 32
Our world came from nothing? 19 min Uncle Sam 1,036
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 hr Chiclets 22,987
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 18 hr Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. 18 hr Thinking 87
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE