Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#145586 Dec 28, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that we know Beethoven existed.

So you claim.

Southern Illinois

#145587 Dec 28, 2012
Anytime there’s heavy rain there is going to be flooding.
Heavy Rain = Flooding, that’s not too hard to understand. However because it is recorded in the Bible. Atheist think it is a joke.

Atheist think it’s crazy that there was a “first,” Flood Control Commission. With the very first appointed Chairman.

That chairman was instructed in disaster planning and preparedness. He took his job very serious and he went to work preparing for the worlds first massive flood.

Despite the cynicism coming from our dearly beloved Atheist. There was indeed a “first massive flood.” In fact the bible actually records the average depth.

Perhaps it snowed in higher elevations. But only the base of mountains flooded. One must also consider that in a mountain range there are gullies and deep trenches where the water was much deeper.

Questions abound if this was a local flood or a global flood. Local flooding can encompass millions of square miles. Not just a couple city blocks. The world of human kind, as they knew it, flooded. Only those who took the Flood Control Commission serious was saved.

Not much has changed. We still have people building their dream homes on or near rivers, lakes and oceans. When massive rains and storms come. Those home flood, many are washed away from their foundations.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#145588 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You can't even spell it, let alone know it LOL.
You don't believe in it, but nit pick about there being a global flood. There is much evidence (that you believe in most times) that there are fossils of ocean dwelling inhabitants of all types high up mountain sides, supporting global flooding, to a degree.
It is your imagination that takes the degree to whatever level it is that you are satisfied with to disprove history and evidence. Are you embarrassed about your inability to spell simple words? If you are doing it on purpose, aren't you embarrassed at your lack of social skills?
Say all you like how I spell bibull it does not change the fact it is bull, the numbers prove it.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#145589 Dec 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Despite the cynicism coming from our dearly beloved Atheist.
That's not a sentence.

Southern Illinois

#145590 Dec 28, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Say all you like how I spell bibull it does not change the fact it is bull, the numbers prove it.
I bet in real life you’re a lot nicer in person.

Southern Illinois

#145591 Dec 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a sentence.
I dedicate this following clip to you.

After you see this you will never ride another ass.

Anon

Lakewood, OH

#145592 Dec 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians believe reality is a myth?
You've really got yourself convinced of that, huh?
http://www.godvine.com/Woman-Facing-Death-is-...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#145593 Dec 28, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....

JOB 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Matthew 10:30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered....

Numbers indeed prove much, and isn't it grand that the scientists have worked out that the very hairs on our heads are numbered? Given them a great understanding of our DNA and not to flipping wreck it, don't you think? Would you let them play with your DNA knowing what you know, or are you happy to be a little guinea pig and leave the rats in peace???

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#145594 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>

Once upon a time, our diet was science free.....
Once upon a time, Pasteur wasn't yet born.

#145595 Dec 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Letting out his frustrations hiding behind his avatar identity? Mmh, wouldn't be surprised, but then again, nothing much surprises me these days LOL

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#145596 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>LOL....
JOB 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
Matthew 10:30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered....
Numbers indeed prove much, and isn't it grand that the scientists have worked out that the very hairs on our heads are numbered? Given them a great understanding of our DNA and not to flipping wreck it, don't you think? Would you let them play with your DNA knowing what you know, or are you happy to be a little guinea pig and leave the rats in peace???
Pray do tell what has that got to do with Noah's so called flood?????

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#145597 Dec 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Heavy Rain = Flooding, that’s not too hard to understand. However because it is recorded in the Bible. Atheist think it is a joke.
Atheist think it’s crazy that there was a “first,” Flood Control Commission. With the very first appointed Chairman.
That chairman was instructed in disaster planning and preparedness. He took his job very serious and he went to work preparing for the worlds first massive flood.
Despite the cynicism coming from our dearly beloved Atheist. There was indeed a “first massive flood.” In fact the bible actually records the average depth.
Perhaps it snowed in higher elevations. But only the base of mountains flooded. One must also consider that in a mountain range there are gullies and deep trenches where the water was much deeper.
Questions abound if this was a local flood or a global flood. Local flooding can encompass millions of square miles. Not just a couple city blocks. The world of human kind, as they knew it, flooded. Only those who took the Flood Control Commission serious was saved.
Not much has changed. We still have people building their dream homes on or near rivers, lakes and oceans. When massive rains and storms come. Those home flood, many are washed away from their foundations.
Eagle12 wrote:
This first chairman was how old? 600 years, give or take a century?

Otay.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#145598 Dec 28, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Letting out his frustrations hiding behind his avatar identity? Mmh, wouldn't be surprised, but then again, nothing much surprises me these days LOL
The only frustration I see here are godbots who can't face reality, trying to shift the goal posts and change the topic.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#145599 Dec 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a sentence.
LOL

Sorry, Eagle. It just never gets old!

Catcher, this time I waited for u, but u didn't come.:-(

How am I going to find 'Hiding', where should I start looking?

Long Beach, CA

#145600 Dec 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I dedicate this following clip to you.
After you see this you will never ride another ass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8NkgiFHEm0YXX
Nice, thanks.

I drive something a little different, but I appreciate these too.

#145601 Dec 28, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray do tell what has that got to do with Noah's so called flood?????
Pray do tell what has this got to do with Noah's flood??

"Say all you like how I spell bibull it does not change the fact it is bull, the numbers prove it. "

#145602 Dec 28, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
The only frustration I see here are godbots who can't face reality, trying to shift the goal posts and change the topic.
Do you think calling us GODBOT'S is an insult? You are actually complimenting us, and I thank you for your acknowledgement :)

Long Beach, CA

#145603 Dec 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Sorry, Eagle. It just never gets old!
Catcher, this time I waited for u, but u didn't come.:-(
How am I going to find 'Hiding', where should I start looking?
Look deep inside your heart.

And let out a big scream.

#145604 Dec 28, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Once upon a time, Pasteur wasn't yet born.
Like a little bit of E211 to brighten up your DNA?? Louis Pasteur was not into killing us, but saving us!! Glad you picked a good one LOL

#145605 Dec 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This little joke was posted in FB via another Topix thread, and thought you might enjoy it too :)
***An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
"Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know sh#t?"
And then she went back to reading her book.***

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God' existence 9 min polymath257 84
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr serfs up 2,606
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr J RULES 23,239
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 2 hr thetruth 165
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 4 hr Mikko 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Mikko 1,452
Evidence for God! 4 hr Morse 369
More from around the web