Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243035 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#144715 Dec 21, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>(There's more than one...)
Hmmmm.

Now I'm stumped.

I only know of one.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#144716 Dec 21, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text><chuckles>...you use science...a man made phenomenon, to try and refute the existence of an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent God?
God...where ALL knowledge and wisdom originates, God, who is infinitely more knowledgeable than any human that ever exist. God, who created the human. You want to use a weak creation like a human being that can barely live to be 70 and only has knowledge(Science)that God wants the human to know. That is what you want to use to disprove God?
ROFLMBO...you atheists are so cute in your hubris :)
Make believe does not work - sorry

#144717 Dec 21, 2012

A Message for anyone missing the subtle wit and sunny disposition of Double Fine.

He is safe and well so no one worry, he’s just having internet problems at the moment.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#144718 Dec 21, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you've already suggested you believe in the concept of eternity why would the possibility of an eternal being seem so foreign to you? Perhaps its because your argument is more likely based on emotion and ideology.
Eternal is not a quality that can exist in this universe. But more importantly it actually does violate the laws of thermodynamics. What this means is if there were a eternal being that created this universe, he did so forever banishing itself from it. It could be possible this happened , but in the same respect to give this dimensionless being a human appearance is preposterous and illogical.

#144719 Dec 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not subject to our laws of nature.
Try again.
So you repeatedly say but you never offer any evidence of your “interpretation” ever.

What is happening here is I am showing evidence of a fact and you are saying it’s untrue because you say so. Right, ok, all you are showing here is evidence of your incredulity

#144720 Dec 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh the atheist redirect ploy.
Is it? Please show me a talking snake and I will withdraw my statement.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#144721 Dec 21, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Since existence or non-existence of any diety remains unproveable all ANY of us has ia beliefs.Which is more likely is a matter of personal opinion.
Exactly.

So stop trying to legislate and educate as though it's fact.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#144722 Dec 21, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Since existence or non-existence of any diety remains unproveable all ANY of us has ia beliefs.Which is more likely is a matter of personal opinion.
Scientifically it is not an opinion , it is more of a historical process of elimination. Excluding bible god , how many gods that people believed existed were actually real?

Now that being said , what makes "your" belief in god more real than their belief was?
What makes your god more real than all the others?

“Rising”

Milky Way

#144723 Dec 21, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
How silly. What is the origin of the multiverse? Apparently you too believe in an eternal entity.Just not one labled God. More emotion and ideologically based opinion.
A multiverse would open up the possibility your god actually existed.
But we are forever entombed to this one , and can probably never know.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#144724 Dec 21, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
How silly. What is the origin of the multiverse? Apparently you too believe in an eternal entity.Just not one labled God. More emotion and ideologically based opinion.
The operant word there was "maybe".

See?

There's no declaration that it's fact.

It's speculation. No more.

#144725 Dec 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Atheist subscribe to not knowing how life started but believed “sh*t happened.”
Sounds very scientific,“sh*t happened.”
Atheist say they don’t know, we don’t know but what we do know,“sh*t happened.”
“Sh*t Happened?” That’s your answer?
And you claim we’re crazy and believe in myths and yet you believe unexplained, unproven,“sh*t happened?”
Wrong. Atheist subscribe to the belief that there is no god

Your misunderstanding and pigeonholing is understandable, it’s because you are deliberately ignorant

However the science of biogenesis is attempting (and succeeding, synthetic life has been created in the laboratory) to find out how life started.

Unlike christards who shout in their ignorance that we don’t know so we guess goddidit because some bronze age guy said that our god did it. No one else’s god but just ours

Honey you don’t know how it happened, no one does so don’t shift you ignorance in to others

“Rising”

Milky Way

#144726 Dec 21, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what happens when idiots think that they're "thinking".
Well we all can be made example of , at some time or another.
But the particular case of American religiosity , is human history repeating itself. We couldn't possibly be anything other than the descendants of primitive minded beings , we act just like them and it's in our nature to make bad choices. Or so it would seem.

#144727 Dec 21, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I forget who he said it to but he basically said, I don't care what church he belonged to he acted like an atheist so to me he is an atheist. So regardless of the facts he will stand by his opinion.
<quoted text>
His ignorance is abundant.

We know that facts mean very little to him. Now he is admitting it. At least he can be honest, even if inadvertently… Sometimes

#144728 Dec 21, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
It was just an excuse:
Analysis of social media in Libya finds no reference to anti-Islam film on day of attack
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/18/no...
Fox… LOL

Fox says a lot of things, they are literally the laughing stock of the the world press

Eg. Fox says NO

Yet the report they are writing about says

“From the data we have, it’s “hard” for us to reach the conclusion that the consulate attack was motivated by the movie“

That is an example of the reason why no finds fox news credible.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#144729 Dec 21, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You need an accurate clock, too.
I was wondering when someone would point that out. Absent very advanced mathematics, finely crafted sextants, and accurate time pieces, the best the night sky can offer is a very accurate compass. That's far from useless, but it only helps if you know where your destination is relative to where you are.

Knoxville, TN

#144730 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
A Message for anyone missing the subtle wit and sunny disposition of Double Fine.
He is safe and well so no one worry, he’s just having internet problems at the moment.
Coises! Furled again.

Knoxville, TN

#144731 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Atheist subscribe to the belief that there is no god
Your misunderstanding and pigeonholing is understandable, it’s because you are deliberately ignorant
However the science of biogenesis is attempting (and succeeding, synthetic life has been created in the laboratory) to find out how life started.
Unlike christards who shout in their ignorance that we don’t know so we guess goddidit because some bronze age guy said that our god did it. No one else’s god but just ours
Honey you don’t know how it happened, no one does so don’t shift you ignorance in to others
We subscribe? More like we cancel our subscription(s)...
dr of religion

Des Plaines, IL

#144732 Dec 21, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It was here, even in 'nothingness'!
I don't smoke, it's bad, u get lung cancer!
What is It clemingtime?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#144733 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
You forgot to mention his overwhelming humility.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#144734 Dec 21, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Eternal is not a quality that can exist in this universe. But more importantly it actually does violate the laws of thermodynamics. What this means is if there were a eternal being that created this universe, he did so forever banishing itself from it. It could be possible this happened , but in the same respect to give this dimensionless being a human appearance is preposterous and illogical.
So the contention of Krauss is wrong?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John 3:16 1 hr superwilly 30
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr NoahLovesU 9,180
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 2 hr superwilly 16
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 3 hr NoahLovesU 6,167
Atheists have morals too! 5 hr Amused 4
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 hr Secret Admirer 19,741
News Atheism 101: The anti-intellectualism of religion Jun 28 QUITTNER Jne 28 2015 53
More from around the web