Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258477 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#144661 Dec 20, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You stand at Point A.
You walk one mile South, one mile West, and one mile North, and you're back where you started.
Where are you?
Oo. Oo.

I know! I know!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#144662 Dec 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if your god actually existed, he'd be a sadistic entity, your point is?
Kitten, can u help me? I need help with what Redneck said.

If I have to choose between X and Y, I choose X, if God knows I chose X that means what I chose has already been written, right? For God to know which one I will choose, he has to have seen the future? That means destiny is preordained?

Thanks, I was just confused with that.

Anyone else can help too, thanks!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#144663 Dec 20, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? So not yet knowing its cause is automatically "God did it"?
Is that your point?
If so, what caused "God"?
You assume too much,but from the general tone of your posts to me thats not surprising.
Nobody knows is my point and "God" is as likely the cause as any explanations offered by Krauss and Hawking.BTW I'm glad to see you at least conceed the folly that nothing is not really nothing.

Location hidden

#144664 Dec 20, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, It doesn't come on TV in England. Is it any good?
I'm going to watch the new ice age soon, do u like those films?
I can't remember. It's just a kids show.

I did like the Ice Age movies. I didn't know there was a new one.

Some of those new digitally animated movies are crap, some are good. Luckily I've avoided most of the crappy ones. I really liked Finding Nemo.
dr of religion

Des Plaines, IL

#144665 Dec 20, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
'God' has always been here, it wasn't created and it can't be destroyed, it just is.
Where has god always been? What are you smokin clemingtime?

Location hidden

#144666 Dec 20, 2012
Clementia wrote:
Kitten, can u help me? I need help with what Redneck said.
If I have to choose between X and Y, I choose X, if God knows I chose X that means what I chose has already been written, right? For God to know which one I will choose, he has to have seen the future? That means destiny is preordained?
Thanks, I was just confused with that.
Anyone else can help too, thanks!
I'll streamline it for you.

Free will is an illusion. A physical being with omniscience is not physically possible. Free will and omniscience cannot be part of a universe that operates how we think ours does. If we are wrong about what is possible and what is impossible, we can't say anything about anything.

Are you more confused now?

Location hidden

#144667 Dec 20, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't remember. It's just a kids show.
I did like the Ice Age movies. I didn't know there was a new one.
Some of those new digitally animated movies are crap, some are good. Luckily I've avoided most of the crappy ones. I really liked Finding Nemo.
LOL, I still watch kids shows, is that sad? I don't know when I'm going to grow up! Have u ever watched; watch my chops?

It's called ice age: continental drift.

Yh, that was a great film. I love Dory, that poor fish, I was going to cry if Merlin left her! I learnt how to speak whale from her, she's very cool!!

Bolt was funny, too. Oh, shark tale was awesome!!

Location hidden

#144668 Dec 20, 2012
dr of religion wrote:
<quoted text> Where has god always been? What are you smokin clemingtime?
It was here, even in 'nothingness'!

I don't smoke, it's bad, u get lung cancer!
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#144669 Dec 20, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
'God' has always been here, it wasn't created and it can't be destroyed, it just is.
can you prove it?

Location hidden

#144670 Dec 20, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll streamline it for you.
Free will is an illusion. A physical being with omniscience is not physically possible. Free will and omniscience cannot be part of a universe that operates how we think ours does. If we are wrong about what is possible and what is impossible, we can't say anything about anything.
Are you more confused now?
F*CK, yh!!! Care to elaborate?

You better coz my brain is spinning and it's late!

Location hidden

#144671 Dec 20, 2012
Clementia wrote:
LOL, I still watch kids shows, is that sad? I don't know when I'm going to grow up! Have u ever watched; watch my chops?
It's called ice age: continental drift.
Yh, that was a great film. I love Dory, that poor fish, I was going to cry if Merlin left her! I learnt how to speak whale from her, she's very cool!!
Bolt was funny, too. Oh, shark tale was awesome!!
"Watch my Chops" - I haven't seen it.

It's not sad. I still watch lots of kids shows. Some of them are just not relevant for adults. Something made for young children only ends up being really boring, but something made for older children or teenagers can remain relevant for adults.

You should never grow up if you can help it.

Location hidden

#144672 Dec 20, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
can you prove it?
Hopefully science will, one day!

Until then, this is my faith, I don't need proof and I don't need to prove my faith to anyone, it's not like science, it's not based on fact, it's a philosophy.

Location hidden

#144673 Dec 20, 2012
Clementia wrote:
F*CK, yh!!! Care to elaborate?
You better coz my brain is spinning and it's late!
That would take some time.

If you're sleepy you should probably just nod off.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#144674 Dec 20, 2012
Clementia wrote:
Then why not simplify matters and say "The Universe has always been here, it wasn't created and it can't be destroyed, it just is"?

Why add an unnecessary "God" to it?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#144675 Dec 20, 2012
Oh? So not yet knowing its cause is automatically "God did it"?
Is that your point? If so, what caused "God"?
Freebird USA wrote:
You assume too much
Really? So you're *not* claiming that a god exists?
Freebird USA wrote:
Nobody knows is my point and "God" is as likely the cause as any explanations offered by Krauss and Hawking.
And you calculate this probability how, exactly?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#144676 Dec 20, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
I can help him with that ...
Hey RR, try this -- " http://bit.ly/XQHx4W" ;
Shhhh......he doesn't believe in science, only in magic. I'm going to try and arrange a "playdate" for him and my granddaughter, they can swap magic stories, it will be soooooo cute!!!

Location hidden

#144677 Dec 20, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why not simplify matters and say "The Universe has always been here, it wasn't created and it can't be destroyed, it just is"?
Why add an unnecessary "God" to it?
Because everything in the universe can be destroyed; the earth, sun, moon, life, everything can. If something has an end it must have a beginning, right? So something must have made the universe.

Location hidden

#144678 Dec 20, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"Watch my Chops" - I haven't seen it.
It's not sad. I still watch lots of kids shows. Some of them are just not relevant for adults. Something made for young children only ends up being really boring, but something made for older children or teenagers can remain relevant for adults.
You should never grow up if you can help it.
Watch my chops was really cute, it was about a talking dog, who can surf the net, too. You just don't know who you could be talking to, over the internet! That's relevant for all us adults, it makes u aware of the world out there!

Yh, I know, some are boring as hell!

OK!:-)

Location hidden

#144679 Dec 20, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That would take some time.
If you're sleepy you should probably just nod off.
OMG, you're right,but i'm not sleepy yet, but when sleep comes I sometimes don't even know when I fell asleep!

You can explain to me some other time, I'll remember, so don't think you're off the hook!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#144680 Dec 20, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
You think that God should still hover over the face of the waters so that you can see Him like you can see a cloud.......
You expect a being like God to sit down with everyone in the world tonight for dinner & explain His ways....
This is not what God wants. He wants you to have faith in Him and He wants you to find Him.
He won't find you.
Thanks once again for demonstrating what an evil prick your God really is. The sole reason there are thousands of difference religions and just as many different Gods is the fact that your God, supposedly the ONE TRUE, God, has remained hidden. Because we have so many different religions, each claiming there's is the ONE TRUE GOD, is the reason mankind has torn each other to shreds over this conflict of ideology. Millions of humans have suffered and dies in misery because this vain prick chooses to remain hidden. How divisive has this been to our species? Yet your god sits and watches his most prized creations rip each other apart. What a self-centered egotistical evil little prick......."come find me, I'm here if you look hard enough.....nope your cold....getting warmer though....WARMER.....ooops, cold again."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min Subduction Zone 70,764
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr River Tam 30,929
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 3 hr IB DaMann 5,982
Where have all the Atheists gone? 16 hr Eagle 12 122
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 17 hr Dogen 3,876
News Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) Sun Eagle 12 70,633
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May 27 John 14,736
More from around the web