Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
138,781 - 138,800 of 224,030 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As a reminder. The snake would be a forever symbolic reminder of the fall.
Everytime man would see a serpent he would be reminded that it was the instrument by which he fell into sin.
yeah, it's kind of like the rainbow God put in the sky to remind us all what a prick he was!!!!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No it wasn't.

WTF is wrong with you people?
ROFLMFAO!!!

You're kidding, right?

Please tell me you're kidding.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, it's kind of like the rainbow God put in the sky to remind us all what a prick he was!!!!
RR's a lot more far gone than I thought.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Jephtha promised Yahweh a burnt offering of whatever came out his door first, his daughter came out, he kept his promise of a burnt offering.

It's crystal clear.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So, great swampy, enlighten us.
Sure appears that that's exactly what the great holy text of your perfect god says.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a liar. YOU wrote that "Jephthah burned his daughter to death".
Deny that?
Now you're saying you didn't write it....
Oy
"At that time the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he went throughout the land of Gilead and Manasseh, including Mizpah in Gilead, and led an army against the Ammonites. And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD. He said, "If you give me victory over the Ammonites, I will give to the LORD the first thing coming out of my house to greet me when I return in triumph. I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

"So Jephthah led his army against the Ammonites, and the LORD gave him victory. He thoroughly defeated the Ammonites from Aroer to an area near Minnith twenty towns and as far away as Abel-keramim. Thus Israel subdued the Ammonites. When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter his only child ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy. When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish. "My daughter!" he cried out. "My heart is breaking! What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back." And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD. You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites. But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin." "You may go," Jephthah said. And he let her go away for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children. When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin. So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephthah's daughter." (Judges 11:29-40 NLT) Notice the words "The first thing coming out of my house......then....I will sacrifice it, forget about the burnt offerings bullshit, he was going to SACRIFICE HIS DAUGHTER. Next......when she returned home, HER FATHER KEPT HIS VOW......His vow was what??........come on now you know..........His vow was......thats right to SACRIFICE his daughter,,,,,did he,,,well lets see.....Yep, your scripture says....her father kept his vow and she DIED a virgin. Any more questions???? Good, your God involved himself in blood sacrifice. Something that probably you would not even do. See, even you are more moral than your God.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

He deferred his virgin daughter up as a burnt offering. You can't have sex with smoldering remains can you?

Oh and what is the largest Christian denomination again?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
First you say he burned his daughter.
Now you say she died a virgin.
Make up your mutha f_ckin mind on what lie you plan on posting.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Thinking wrote:
Time to repost this sanity check for muslims, christians and jews:
www.youtube.com/watch...
It went out on BBC Radio 4 in 2009.
<quoted text>
21Dec12.....

.....BobLoblah has it from 'very good sources' that your video went out at the same time on BBC that their children's host/programmer ....Mista Saville and your friend Gary Glitter were sodomizing kids 'left and right'.

Ps:....some 450+ of them. Guess you got your share toooooooo.

Happy Holidays...(Not).

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Time to scroll.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
Time to scroll.
I've got some Zigzag scrolling papers.

Just sayin'.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I told you, when God touches you, all your doubts will be gone.
What if that great feeling you got when god "touched" you could be replicated by stimulating the appropriate parts of your brain? Would that make you consider that it might have been a natural experience?

Na, you'd probably write it off as more devil trickery.

Since: Oct 12

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Oh.you people who call themselves atheist ,let me tell you story.
Their was a man who wanted to cross a river but their was no boat which could carry him to the other side of the river.the man waited for a long time but their was none, he saw timbers and nails coming together and forming aboat.the boat sailed towards the man then the man entered the boat but to his suprise their was no one driving the boat ,finally he reached the other side of the river.
Atheist will ask the following question.
1.How can timber and nails form aboat by themelves?
2.How can aboat sail by itself?
If atheist dont think all these things are impossible ,how can they say their is no God at all.
If atheist say boat cant form by itself without engineer then how can an they say this universe come itself without God.
If atheist say aboat cant sail itself how can they say everything in this world happens without God.
Atheist dont know anything.atheist are the most ignorant people because they dont know the reason they are in this world.the reason they ar a live. The reason they breath.
Animals are better than Atheist because they know who their God is.
I am going to ask the atheist one question
WHAT DID THEY BELIEVE BEFORE THE INTRODUCTION OF SCIENCE????

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Mohamo wrote:
Their was a man who wanted to cross a river but their was no boat which could carry him to the other side of the river.the man waited for a long time but their was none, he saw timbers and nails coming together and forming aboat.the boat sailed towards the man then the man entered the boat but to his suprise their was no one driving the boat ,finally he reached the other side of the river.
If atheist dont think all these things are impossible ,how can they say their is no God at all.
If atheist say boat cant form by itself without engineer then how can an they say this universe come itself without God.
If atheist say aboat cant sail itself how can they say everything in this world happens without God.
Atheist dont know anything.atheist are the most ignorant people because they dont know the reason they are in this world.the reason they ar a live. The reason they breath.
If you want us to stop making stereotypical and insulting jokes...

ah nevermind.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, not at all.

It's true that God already knows everything that you have done and will do, that doesn't mean He's controlling your actions. You have control over yourself and your own actions. He's merely watching.

God will reveal Himself to everyone, you just have to look.

Ever listen to a song so many times that you have it perfectly memorized? Now sing along to the song, you know what's coming. That doesn't mean you can change the song.
Exactly.

You can't change the song.

If god knows everything we will do, he knows we won't find him.

There's no free will in that.

He knew it right from the start.

I love it when you make your own arguments against your position.

Thank you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure what you mean but that was before Jesus, before God rewrote His rules.
Why would god have to rewrite his rules.

Did he screw up?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Mohamo wrote:
That's it, I'm converting. This was so compelling, so original, so damned *profound*, I truly have no choice but to throw myself at the feet of... the god of timber? I can hardly breath after reading this masterpiece, indeed, it took my breathe away!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>How was the snake cursed? What's wrong with it? Do you mean just that snake or are all snakes going to hell?
I think snakes used to have legs in the garden of Eden.

It was cursed to forever crawl in its belly.

Or something like that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
Now here's a conversation that's just bazaar --
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So the snake did absolutely nothing wrong, but was cursed for all eternity as a "symbol". That's some stupid myth ya got there.
<quoted text>
Naw, it just reminds me how incredibly gullible some people are.
Haha. RR says the darnedest things. Now let's ask him why all of mankind was cursed for the predetermined actions of two individuals.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, snakes are good, they're innocent and don't mean you any harm, they just want to live their life, that's all!
And they eat rodents.

Alive.

That would seem to make the rodents cursed, if you ask me.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>You tell me,'Mr know it all'!:-)

I don't think it's a true story, so I think we OK! No snakes were harmed during the making!! Snakes are still our friends and we should love them!
I went to a training session on handling and caring for snakes. I'm part of a group that shelters people's pets in case of widespread emergencies, and a guy brought about 25 snakes.

I got to handle ball pythons and a 12 foot boa constrictor among others.

You're right. They are amazingly soft.

The boa would wrap its tail around my arm to anchor itself. It felt like a blood pressure cuff. It was the neatest thing.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>I love snakes, when I went to the zoo, I had this big one around my neck, it was sooooooo scary, but I can't believe how soft they are, too soft!

What type of snake do u have, what colour is it,how big is it?
He's being dirty.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••