Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#143824 Dec 16, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard of that cake, but I'm sick of eating cake today!
Cathcer is in England today, u know?
I sometimes eat too much cake. I like dirty cake. It's got Oreos, chocolate pudding, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped cream in it. I learned how to make it because it's my favorite dessert.

Catcher travels a lot, apparently. I've never been outside of the USA.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#143825 Dec 16, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>17Dec12.....
.....You should go down to the nearest computerShop and getCher picture taken and posted on da NET.
Dat vey, haul da vorld can see dat 'a cockRoach' has managed to use da keyBoard and especially 'paste'.
Ps:.....BobLoblah will have NO more discussio with you, ya schidt-for-brains.....and ALL posters will more-than-likely abstain as vell as there is NO intelligence in vot you have to say. There is more intelligence in BobLoblah's bowel movement than you.....(__<.>__)....
BobLoblah Rules
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
yep like i said, you one of the many A mentally challenged retard of war mongering barbrian with Schidtfor-pee-brain in our very presence, a rel mendacious obsequious of fool, for the real fools, who still licking your MAster Hiltlerian bootstraps. You worst you don't exist, as you war mongering US mass murderer of world civilians with all your wars on the world had been noted in the history books of your Corrupted US warring warmongering evil US war history. As the for-peace Americans/world masses , human rights want nothing to do with you our Us war for-profiteers Oh yes flush you down the toilet bowl FLUSH goes the Warmongering bobloh down the toilet bowl! And world curse you warmongering barbarains and up your Boblah infintum! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA.

United States

#143826 Dec 16, 2012
Even better Boblahboh POST YOUR picture for world to know you are a US war mongering barbarians/war-for-profiteers who are mass murders of world civilians with your bloody wa rmachines ,and they see you as Scumbagger little warring roach and spit at you for what you did to America and world
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#143827 Dec 16, 2012
In the 90s, cake was bad for you.

www.youtube.com/watch...
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>

United States

#143828 Dec 16, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
This lame speculation (Olmecs were of African origin) was popularized by Ivan van Sertima's book "They Came Before Columbus" (2003). There is no credible evidence to support this wild speculation and it is laughed at by serious researchers.
Tell that to ASSassin Loconics! wHY DOES SHE LIE AND DECEIVE OTHER OTHERS

United States

#143829 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Your only problem is your lck of brain structure. You are the best example of an atheist. Thanks.
wOEST yOU DONRT EVEN HAVE A LEFT LOBE OF BRAIN, NO CRITICAL REAsoning skills...

like so many like you kind without a brain, you jump to conclusion to quick without knowing other side, i not religious nor athiest , and that you don't really have a real brain to begin with

You clueless worst than Athiest are religious wars that kill more people in world are islam radicals, Christian fundies... the worst ones in the world are the mass murders, the US Military christain fundies

United States

#143830 Dec 16, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it me you miss catcher?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#143831 Dec 16, 2012
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Could it me you miss catcher?
Huh? I'm not Catcher!

Location hidden

#143832 Dec 16, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I sometimes eat too much cake. I like dirty cake. It's got Oreos, chocolate pudding, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped cream in it. I learned how to make it because it's my favorite dessert.
Catcher travels a lot, apparently. I've never been outside of the USA.
Lol, I'm trying not to think of food!

Well, USA is pretty big, alot to see!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#143833 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are saying that we should accept these gay issues as a part of life, becaue you gays fo not wish therapy.
Studies have shown that over 75% of these mass murder killings have a gay component. The rise in these mass killings are in direct proportion to the inability of gays to get treatment and therapy for their homosexual disorder.
If you had gotten off your fat lazy ass, further research would have shown you that the largest death toll in history took place during the Taiping Rebellion, a RELIGIOUS motivated rebellion. Hong Xiuquan had a "vision" of jesus and wanted to spread Christianity throughout China. 30 million lost their lives in a 14 year period.

You'd also know that 75% of the prisoners claim religious affiliations.

A report released by Denise Golumbaski, a research analysis for the Federal Bureau of Prisons finds the following religious affiliations for the prison population.

Catholics----------39%

Protestants---------35%

Muslims----------7.0%

Jewish----------1.773%

ATHEISTS---------a meer 0,29%

So lets do the math Catholics 29,267 Protestants 26,165 ATHEISTS 156

Score board reads Christians 55,432..........ATHEISTS 156 No contests YOU GUY WIN

Comparing religiously motivated killing with ANYTHING else is a lose, lose, situation for you. No contests you lose EVERY TIME.

Now go do something about your unnatural obsession with gays. Try some therapy, and please do it quick, you're a sick and twisted human being. I really do pity you!!!!

United States

#143834 Dec 16, 2012
bOBLAH AND YOUR POSTS I FILED WITH ABJECT IGNORANCE, RACIST INNUENDOS, AD HOMINEM... U POST FILLED WITH EMPTY BS!

Mohatma Ghandi
k
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?

United States

#143835 Dec 16, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? I'm not Catcher!
LOL! we know that!

I mean you , do u miss Catcher?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#143836 Dec 16, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, I'm trying not to think of food!
Well, USA is pretty big, alot to see!
I've never even seen the ocean.

Woe is me.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#143837 Dec 16, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Good post, I agree 100%
Assault weapons have no purpose other that to spay death to many. I know there are many out there but a ban would man fewer, and that never hurt. maybe a buy back plan would eliminate more, I realize your not going to eliminated them, but some attempt MUST be made to reduce the numbers.
I can't ever remember feeling so helpless and sad over those poor children and their parents. The other school movie shooting were terrible I know, but there is just something about little innocent children that seems especially cruel. Helpless to prevent and all hope lost that this will not be repeated has left me sad beyond anything that has ever happened to me.
I have not checked to make sure this is fact, but the idea is true enough.
Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.
It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.
CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.
You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

Location hidden

#143838 Dec 16, 2012
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! we know that!
I mean you , do u miss Catcher?
I do, it's strange coz he's just 2hrs away from me and I feel soo close but yet sooo far!

Do you miss him too?

Mohatma Ghandi was a bad person!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#143839 Dec 16, 2012
I'm sick and tired of the gays turning each and every effing dicussion on this site into a gay rights/legitimacy/supemacy thread.

It's no ones fault but their own that no one wants to visit their gay thread and chat with them there, but still they hve to come into ALL of the other boards and insinuate their malign mentalities into each and every conversation no matter what it's about.

Talk about being hard up for some attention, SHEESH!

Location hidden

#143840 Dec 16, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never even seen the ocean.
Woe is me.
Aww, don't be sad, sweetie!!

It's not that interesting, it's just water!:)
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#143841 Dec 16, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not checked to make sure this is fact, but the idea is true enough.
Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.
It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.
CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.
You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
Yes I did read this, and he's absolutely right. I don't care what your motivation is, what kind of an adult asks a 6 years old about such horrors. It sickens me to even think about it. If I was one of those child's parent I would have beaten the reporter to a bloody pulp, I would not have been able to help myself. Totally disgusting!!!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#143842 Dec 16, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody need to own a gun. People who own guns are idiots who have no imagination and no hobbies. Fact.
Guns are for one purpose and one purpose only - to kill. Don't give me this sh*t about shooting / hunting being a sport, that's bollocks. You shoot guns because you want to know what it feels like to kill someone and hold something powerful.
At the end of the day, you idiots allow people to have guns and then start crying when somebody uses them on little kids.
You people are stupid idiots, period. F*ck your dangerous gun stupidity.
I have several guns and I have no desire to kill anyone. I love to see how far I can accurately shoot and how many times I can make a can jump.

Just about every sport has an element of, how far and how accurate can I get this from here to there.

There are a number of things that kill far more people than guns; do you protest there existence as well?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#143843 Dec 16, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I did read this, and he's absolutely right. I don't care what your motivation is, what kind of an adult asks a 6 years old about such horrors. It sickens me to even think about it. If I was one of those child's parent I would have beaten the reporter to a bloody pulp, I would not have been able to help myself. Totally disgusting!!!
I agree! The media is not concerned with truth or compassion, just ratings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 min Patrick n Angela 14,511
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 min Patrick n Angela 6,463
News The Consequences of Atheism 1 hr 10commandments 1,148
News 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma (Jul '13) 4 hr karl44 7,553
News Confessions of a black atheist 4 hr realvelations 48
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr karl44 18,031
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 20 hr ChristineM 1,875
More from around the web