Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255902 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#143875 Dec 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don’t see any news saying this young man, Adam Lanza, was anything but a 20 year old deranged murder. It’s going to take some time to unravel what made this guy do what he did.
To make claims he was Gay, Atheist or Christian is a bit early and biased. Let’s not do that on either side. It’s going to take a few weeks for everything to come out. We all want to know what made this kid go on a killing frenzy against little children.
What we will see is no one holding Hollywood responsible for their continuous bombardment of gun violence from the TV to the big screen for over 50 years. Nor will we see anyone from the e-game industry take any responsibility. The gun lobby is going to dig in and not recommend any changes.
I think gun control is going to end up taking the biggest hit. I’m ok with some gun control. But it’s going to be useless if we don’t put the hammer on the movie industry and e-game industry. I’m afraid the Hollywood and the entertainment industry will slip under the fence again.
where to start.

the authors of hate in america

Since: Mar 11

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#143876 Dec 17, 2012
Honestly it seems he always argued with with her and she probably thought this was just another of his weekly whine fits.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
She should have shot him. It was, after all, her fault.

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#143877 Dec 17, 2012
Show one shred of proof that he was an atheist. One. Him an his Mom were both end of the world nutters.

You don't hear many atheists screaming about the end is nigh.
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
The killer was an angry militant atheist, regardless if he claimed to be affiliated with any church or denomination. You should be ashamed of what your evil cult has done to our culture, rendering the world a very unsafe place.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#143879 Dec 17, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>where to start.

the authors of hate in america
Though I don't have an answer, the news industry makes these people famous.

I cringe whenever I hear them comparing body counts and ranking the incidents, as if it's some sort of contest.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143880 Dec 17, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>I really don’t see any news saying this young man, Adam Lanza, was anything but a 20 year old deranged murder. It’s going to take some time to unravel what made this guy do what he did.

To make claims he was Gay, Atheist or Christian is a bit early and biased. Let’s not do that on either side. It’s going to take a few weeks for everything to come out. We all want to know what made this kid go on a killing frenzy against little children.

What we will see is no one holding Hollywood responsible for their continuous bombardment of gun violence from the TV to the big screen for over 50 years. Nor will we see anyone from the e-game industry take any responsibility. The gun lobby is going to dig in and not recommend any changes.

I think gun control is going to end up taking the biggest hit. I’m ok with some gun control. But it’s going to be useless if we don’t put the hammer on the movie industry and e-game industry. I’m afraid the Hollywood and the entertainment industry will slip under the fence again.
And whether he was gay, atheist or Christian likely had nothing to do with his rampage.

And while whatever movies or games he watched or played may have been an indicator of his derangement, I seriously doubt they were the cause.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143882 Dec 17, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't go bad that far, but out of sheer curiosity I wondered how many of your posts focused on homosexuality. 26 of your last 30 post focus on homosexuality regardless of what the conversation was about. This thread had absolutely NOTHING to do with homosexuality. The actual thread is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion." I do realize that threads have a tendency to wonder off the issues at times, but for you to post 26 out of 30 posts focusing on homosexuality when it is not even part of the conversation clearly shows your unnatural obsession with same sex behavior. You have an ugly mind, and anyone can see you harbor the same homosexual tendencies you are so quick to condemn. You're obviously gay, and you're extremely angry that you can do nothing to change your tendencies. It shows in your never ending posts focusing on gays. You really need help.
Agreed and well said.

His hateful, bigoted rants indicate the type of personality that could one day erupt into a similar rampage.

Since: Sep 10

UK

#143883 Dec 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard of that cake, but I'm sick of eating cake today!
Cathcer is in England today, u know?
And it's a beautiful sunny day in London!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#143884 Dec 17, 2012
Props to Eagle12 for not politicizing the issue like many of his "brethren" on here.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143885 Dec 17, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yet another gay post for you. Keep em coming!!!
And I'd like to note that his, and other's like his, obvious and open hatred of gays could well be what causes their anguish and drives many gays into a state of mental illness.

If this killer does turn out to be a conflicted homosexual, it could well be people like laconic asshole who drove him there.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143886 Dec 17, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>If you "accepted things as they are" , you wouldn't have ever come to this site. Your concern about being wrong led you to come here to find lies to support your lying religion of atheism.

I came to this site to get examples of how ugly, mean, nasty, and vile atheists are. It helps me prove how evil they are and how they cannot be good without God.
You give us proof that your god is not real by the sheer ignorance you display.

Any mind fed by a god like the one you believe in could not possibly remain in the dark about so many things.

If your god existed and left you this blind to reality, he's not worth believing in, let alone worshipping.

Since: Sep 10

UK

#143887 Dec 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, don't be sad, sweetie!!
It's not that interesting, it's just water!:)
Hey.

The ocean and the beach are great.

Tide, visit me and check it out.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#143888 Dec 17, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don’t see any news saying this young man, Adam Lanza, was anything but a 20 year old deranged murder. It’s going to take some time to unravel what made this guy do what he did.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TokenLibertarianG...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#143890 Dec 17, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Show one shred of proof that he was an atheist. One. Him an his Mom were both end of the world nutters.
<quoted text>
Evidence and dialog is not their strong suit, that is why we need to sit down and figure this out.

You are right, there are no Atheist End of the World Nutters. That is a completely religious paranoia. Atheists know that this world will end in about 5 billion years, if a comet, asteroid, or religious nutter with nukes don't end it first.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#143891 Dec 17, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Props to Eagle12 for not politicizing the issue like many of his "brethren" on here.
He did politicize it by agreeing to more gun control and calling for video games and movies to held responsible as well. Why not look into what type of music the kid listened to ? If we find out what music, movies and games he played we can then be better equipped to locate the next homocidal psychopath that needs to slaughter helpless victims in order to make a name for themselves before they commit suicide. We all know why he did it. It was because he was a coward and a moron. The whole mentality of "If I can't be loved then I'll be hated".

United States

#143892 Dec 17, 2012
I bet you have heard that song! It made the top 20 in the Sikh community!

The guru said it was most excellent!

http://m.metrolyrics.com/new-age-girl-lyrics-...
Clementia wrote:
@Batty..nevermind.:-)
@Liberty guy....you listen to weird songs!
@BobLoblah....What's the matter, hunny? Cheer up, Christmas is nearly here!:-)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#143893 Dec 17, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>He did politicize it by agreeing to more gun control and calling for video games and movies to held responsible as well. Why not look into what type of music the kid listened to ? If we find out what music, movies and games he played we can then be better equipped to locate the next homocidal psychopath that needs to slaughter helpless victims in order to make a name for themselves before they commit suicide. We all know why he did it. It was because he was a coward and a moron. The whole mentality of "If I can't be loved then I'll be hated".
Then I missed it, and retract my props.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143894 Dec 17, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence and dialog is not their strong suit, that is why we need to sit down and figure this out.

You are right, there are no Atheist End of the World Nutters. That is a completely religious paranoia. Atheists know that this world will end in about 5 billion years, if a comet, asteroid, or religious nutter with nukes don't end it first.
Well, the sun will burn itself out in about 5 billion years.

The earth will become uninhabitable long before that.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#143895 Dec 17, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a cause of great concern to me.

*snicker*

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#143896 Dec 17, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam Lanza and his mother attended Saint Rose of Lima Roman Catholic Church.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#143897 Dec 17, 2012
Get preppin'
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 4 min emperorjohn 4,627
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 21 min Richardfs 15,752
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 22 min ChristineM 40,248
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 39 min ChristineM 20,579
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr Reason Personified 25
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 11 hr IB DaMann 180
Good arguments against Christianity Fri superwilly 90
More from around the web