Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258473 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#143867 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you listen to the media and the stories about the gay boy, because he was an angry gay atheist adult 20 year old male.
Once again, you are another gay, who used the Matthew Shepard murder, Harvey Milks, and Stonewall incident to run your political agenda and now you want to hide from the fact that another gay atheist was being himself, mentally ill.
You gays and gay supporters decided that homosexuality was not a menbtal illness, now you want to hide from gay pedoohilia child abuse, gay mass murders of children,, Sandusky, Dahmer, and the lsit goes on and on and on.
Grow some balls, and accept the truth now.
I didn't go bad that far, but out of sheer curiosity I wondered how many of your posts focused on homosexuality. 26 of your last 30 post focus on homosexuality regardless of what the conversation was about. This thread had absolutely NOTHING to do with homosexuality. The actual thread is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion." I do realize that threads have a tendency to wonder off the issues at times, but for you to post 26 out of 30 posts focusing on homosexuality when it is not even part of the conversation clearly shows your unnatural obsession with same sex behavior. You have an ugly mind, and anyone can see you harbor the same homosexual tendencies you are so quick to condemn. You're obviously gay, and you're extremely angry that you can do nothing to change your tendencies. It shows in your never ending posts focusing on gays. You really need help.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#143868 Dec 16, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't go bad that far, but out of sheer curiosity I wondered how many of your posts focused on homosexuality. 26 of your last 30 post focus on homosexuality regardless of what the conversation was about. This thread had absolutely NOTHING to do with homosexuality. The actual thread is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion." I do realize that threads have a tendency to wonder off the issues at times, but for you to post 26 out of 30 posts focusing on homosexuality when it is not even part of the conversation clearly shows your unnatural obsession with same sex behavior. You have an ugly mind, and anyone can see you harbor the same homosexual tendencies you are so quick to condemn. You're obviously gay, and you're extremely angry that you can do nothing to change your tendencies. It shows in your never ending posts focusing on gays. You really need help.
I really don’t see any news saying this young man, Adam Lanza, was anything but a 20 year old deranged murder. It’s going to take some time to unravel what made this guy do what he did.

To make claims he was Gay, Atheist or Christian is a bit early and biased. Let’s not do that on either side. It’s going to take a few weeks for everything to come out. We all want to know what made this kid go on a killing frenzy against little children.

What we will see is no one holding Hollywood responsible for their continuous bombardment of gun violence from the TV to the big screen for over 50 years. Nor will we see anyone from the e-game industry take any responsibility. The gun lobby is going to dig in and not recommend any changes.

I think gun control is going to end up taking the biggest hit. I’m ok with some gun control. But it’s going to be useless if we don’t put the hammer on the movie industry and e-game industry. I’m afraid the Hollywood and the entertainment industry will slip under the fence again.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE1

United States

#143869 Dec 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don’t see any news saying this young man, Adam Lanza, was anything but a 20 year old deranged murder. It’s going to take some time to unravel what made this guy do what he did.
To make claims he was Gay, Atheist or Christian is a bit early and biased. Let’s not do that on either side. It’s going to take a few weeks for everything to come out. We all want to know what made this kid go on a killing frenzy against little children.
What we will see is no one holding Hollywood responsible for their continuous bombardment of gun violence from the TV to the big screen for over 50 years. Nor will we see anyone from the e-game industry take any responsibility. The gun lobby is going to dig in and not recommend any changes.
I think gun control is going to end up taking the biggest hit. I’m ok with some gun control. But it’s going to be useless if we don’t put the hammer on the movie industry and e-game industry. I’m afraid the Hollywood and the entertainment industry will slip under the fence again.
Hollywood is one tools USe by US military and those in corrupted power as it incite wars agaisnt people, nations,use racism, to startup of wars... you name

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#143871 Dec 16, 2012
Butler Area School District directors voted this week to arm school police within three months, but upon Friday‘s school shooting in Newtown, Conn., board members plan to meet early next week to speed up the process.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/western-p...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#143873 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is always you gays who wish to hide from your acts. Your gayness is the tragedy and once again it has led to another serial killing. If you had a conscious then you gay wouyld not keep abusing and killing innocent children. In the upcoming week, I plan to send Obama a letter in repsonse to his admission that under his presidency 4 mass murders by gays has happened. You forgot the 150 church burnings and bombings.
Today I saw a president face the evil of his presidency and get on his knees before God and ask why me. I saw him call evil evil and God Lord. I saw him seek God's answer. He will find it.
Leviticus 18, the sins of a nation will destroy a nation.
What I find laughable is that you liars have tried to pin the blame of Hitler's gay issues on Christianity, the tragedy of 6 millioin Jews and over 6 million Christians killed. I have seen you gay haters try to use the tragedy of millions of blacks victimized due to civil rights issues and slavery. Now, you want us to back down and ignore another gay killing our children.
Where was your gya mouth when you made the Matthew Shepard murder political and blamed it on a Christian homophobic nation, when in fact it was just another gay/bisexual killing a gay during a robbery.
How many times do I have to tell you perverts, I am not interested nor capable of fulfilling your perverted fantasies, I just don't have that "equipment."

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#143874 Dec 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
Butler Area School District directors voted this week to arm school police within three months, but upon Friday‘s school shooting in Newtown, Conn., board members plan to meet early next week to speed up the process.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/western-p...
Where were the school police in Conn.?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#143875 Dec 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
where to start.

the authors of hate in america

Since: Mar 11

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#143876 Dec 17, 2012
Honestly it seems he always argued with with her and she probably thought this was just another of his weekly whine fits.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
She should have shot him. It was, after all, her fault.

Since: Mar 11

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#143877 Dec 17, 2012
Show one shred of proof that he was an atheist. One. Him an his Mom were both end of the world nutters.

You don't hear many atheists screaming about the end is nigh.
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
The killer was an angry militant atheist, regardless if he claimed to be affiliated with any church or denomination. You should be ashamed of what your evil cult has done to our culture, rendering the world a very unsafe place.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#143879 Dec 17, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>where to start.

the authors of hate in america
Though I don't have an answer, the news industry makes these people famous.

I cringe whenever I hear them comparing body counts and ranking the incidents, as if it's some sort of contest.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143880 Dec 17, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>I really don’t see any news saying this young man, Adam Lanza, was anything but a 20 year old deranged murder. It’s going to take some time to unravel what made this guy do what he did.

And whether he was gay, atheist or Christian likely had nothing to do with his rampage.

And while whatever movies or games he watched or played may have been an indicator of his derangement, I seriously doubt they were the cause.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143882 Dec 17, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't go bad that far, but out of sheer curiosity I wondered how many of your posts focused on homosexuality. 26 of your last 30 post focus on homosexuality regardless of what the conversation was about. This thread had absolutely NOTHING to do with homosexuality. The actual thread is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion." I do realize that threads have a tendency to wonder off the issues at times, but for you to post 26 out of 30 posts focusing on homosexuality when it is not even part of the conversation clearly shows your unnatural obsession with same sex behavior. You have an ugly mind, and anyone can see you harbor the same homosexual tendencies you are so quick to condemn. You're obviously gay, and you're extremely angry that you can do nothing to change your tendencies. It shows in your never ending posts focusing on gays. You really need help.
Agreed and well said.

His hateful, bigoted rants indicate the type of personality that could one day erupt into a similar rampage.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

UK

#143883 Dec 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard of that cake, but I'm sick of eating cake today!
Cathcer is in England today, u know?
And it's a beautiful sunny day in London!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#143884 Dec 17, 2012
Props to Eagle12 for not politicizing the issue like many of his "brethren" on here.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143885 Dec 17, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yet another gay post for you. Keep em coming!!!
And I'd like to note that his, and other's like his, obvious and open hatred of gays could well be what causes their anguish and drives many gays into a state of mental illness.

If this killer does turn out to be a conflicted homosexual, it could well be people like laconic asshole who drove him there.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143886 Dec 17, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>If you "accepted things as they are" , you wouldn't have ever come to this site. Your concern about being wrong led you to come here to find lies to support your lying religion of atheism.

I came to this site to get examples of how ugly, mean, nasty, and vile atheists are. It helps me prove how evil they are and how they cannot be good without God.
You give us proof that your god is not real by the sheer ignorance you display.

Any mind fed by a god like the one you believe in could not possibly remain in the dark about so many things.

If your god existed and left you this blind to reality, he's not worth believing in, let alone worshipping.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

UK

#143887 Dec 17, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, don't be sad, sweetie!!
It's not that interesting, it's just water!:)
Hey.

The ocean and the beach are great.

Tide, visit me and check it out.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#143888 Dec 17, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/user/TokenLibertarianG...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#143890 Dec 17, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Show one shred of proof that he was an atheist. One. Him an his Mom were both end of the world nutters.
You don't hear many atheists screaming about the end is nigh.
<quoted text>
Evidence and dialog is not their strong suit, that is why we need to sit down and figure this out.

You are right, there are no Atheist End of the World Nutters. That is a completely religious paranoia. Atheists know that this world will end in about 5 billion years, if a comet, asteroid, or religious nutter with nukes don't end it first.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#143891 Dec 17, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Props to Eagle12 for not politicizing the issue like many of his "brethren" on here.
He did politicize it by agreeing to more gun control and calling for video games and movies to held responsible as well. Why not look into what type of music the kid listened to ? If we find out what music, movies and games he played we can then be better equipped to locate the next homocidal psychopath that needs to slaughter helpless victims in order to make a name for themselves before they commit suicide. We all know why he did it. It was because he was a coward and a moron. The whole mentality of "If I can't be loved then I'll be hated".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr replaytime 70,279
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Subduction Zone 30,197
News Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 9 hr John 70,630
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 9 hr John 14,734
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 10 hr Paul Scott 3,800
How To Get To Heaven When You Die 10 hr Eagle 12 87
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 19 hr Eagle 12 462
More from around the web