Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#143576 Dec 15, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>It's not the gun or the bomb. It's the thought behind it. Is there a difference between shooting 20 children and dropping a bomb on 2000? Most pilots don't kill themselves among the carnage. Maybe that's the difference.
The military pilot is following orders. He doesn't see the faces he obliterates.

This school shooter was obviously disturbed. Had he gone in barehanded, he could hardly have caused the destruction he did.

All violence marks failure. Of that, there's no doubt.

But you can't possibly equate dropping bombs on thousands in war to punching somebody in the face.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143577 Dec 15, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>Reviewing the crime statistics on Nationmaster, I can't see any correlation between gun ownership and crime one way or the other. I suspect that levels of political , economic, and social stability affect crime rates more than gun ownership or religiosity.
True, but the difference the gun makes is in the sheer numbers of victims and lethality.

I'm not against gun ownership. I like to target shoot myself, but it's not a passion for me. I can live without guns as easily as I can live without soda.

And some guns, by design, serve no other purpose than killing large numbers of people with little effort.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#143578 Dec 15, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The military pilot is following orders. He doesn't see the faces he obliterates.
This school shooter was obviously disturbed. Had he gone in barehanded, he could hardly have caused the destruction he did.
But you can't possibly equate dropping bombs on thousands in war to punching somebody in the face.
16Dec12.....

....Hiroshime and Nagasakw were very 'worthwhile causes'.

Ps:....Yer fulla schidt to the eyeballs.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#143579 Dec 15, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but the difference the gun makes is in the sheer numbers of victims and lethality.
I'm not against gun ownership. I like to target shoot myself, but it's not a passion for me. I can live without guns as easily as I can live without soda.
And some guns, by design, serve no other purpose than killing large numbers of people with little effort.
16Dec12.....

.....and by 'Design', ya eeejit....they were designed to kill large numbers of people with little effort.

Ps:.....You can thank Mr. Kalishnakov for that. He was a very solid soldier, a very astute individual, and an inventor of great things. His weapon helped 'SAVE' millions around the world by being put to use against the 'Bad guys'.

...You Really & truly need to readUP on history, ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#143580 Dec 15, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand violence. The shooter was obviously disturbed. The pilots were taking orders from people who were obviously disturbed. Show me how they're not equal.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#143581 Dec 15, 2012
Bollocks.
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the UK imposed strict gun control its violent crime rate is much higher than the US.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#143582 Dec 15, 2012
An all powerful god's got an issue with c*nty bollocks?

Laughing.
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Now, you are lying. God and there is only one God, does absolutely care about swearing and how one chooses to pollute their mouth with filth and thus defile their very being. When you attend prayer sessions, does your Sikh priest swear and curse at you?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#143583 Dec 15, 2012
Hey, dodgy looking tranny; if only you knew of all powerful god that could jam guns aimed at schoolchildren.
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, your hatred arrived here before you got here. Since Christianity is not a religion, then our teachings must be as old as God and that makes it eternal.
How long has your religion called "Hatred" existed and who did you streal it from?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#143584 Dec 15, 2012
She don't eat meat but she sure likes a bone!
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know.
No, killing a human (good or bad), animal or plant are all wrong. We even kill germs.
I'm a vegetarian, I know.
wow

Providence, UT

#143585 Dec 15, 2012
wow

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143586 Dec 15, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Dec12.....

.....and by 'Design', ya eeejit....they were designed to kill large numbers of people with little effort.

Ps:.....You can thank Mr. Kalishnakov for that. He was a very solid soldier, a very astute individual, and an inventor of great things. His weapon helped 'SAVE' millions around the world by being put to use against the 'Bad guys'.

...You Really & truly need to readUP on history, ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
The kalishnakov serves no necessary purpose in the hands on civilians.

Calling you a shit for brains is an insult to shit everywhere.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#143587 Dec 15, 2012
I knew it wouldn't take long before the Christholes started blindly screaming this was an atheist.

From what I read he was an upper mid income well to do brat raised in a kind loving Christian family who would do anything for him.

Note anytime something bad happens the Christholes will blame an atheist and time and time again we see an atheist was not behind it.
Thinking wrote:
Hey, dodgy looking tranny; if only you knew of all powerful god that could jam guns aimed at schoolchildren.
<quoted text>

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#143588 Dec 15, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What counts as violent crime?
Could somebody have caused this kind of carnage without a gun?

Yes.

In the 1930's, a guy did the same thing with explosives. Guns killed an average of 4.92 victims per mass murder in the United States during the 20th century, just edging out knives, blunt objects, and bare hands, which killed 4.52 people per incident. Fire killed 6.82 people per mass murder, while explosives far outpaced the other options at 20.82.

Now, what was your point again?

It's much more gratifying to hurt someone with bare hands. That's my experience, at least.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#143589 Dec 15, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>

It's much more gratifying to hurt someone with bare hands. That's my experience, at least.
What about your words? Is that gratifying?

You still living off us taxpayers Buck?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#143590 Dec 15, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 1930's, a guy did the same thing with explosives. Guns killed an average of 4.92 victims per mass murder in the United States during the 20th century, just edging out knives, blunt objects, and bare hands, which killed 4.52 people per incident. Fire killed 6.82 people per mass murder, while explosives far outpaced the other options at 20.82.
Twisting the facts as usual now would like state how many died?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#143591 Dec 15, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Reviewing the crime statistics on Nationmaster, I can't see any correlation between gun ownership and crime one way or the other. I suspect that levels of political , economic, and social stability affect crime rates more than gun ownership or religiosity.
I think if you compare gun ownership by State with Gallup's latest numbers on religiosity by State, you'll see some interesting correlation.

It seems Christians believe WWJD includes the answer "carry a gun."

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#143592 Dec 15, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Dec12.....
.....BobLoblah believes dat 'social instability' affected the crime dat happened at Sandy Hook school in Connecticut, US of A....committed by a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist. He was NO Christian.
Ps:.....Just you wait and see: It will come out dat the hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist dat did the shootings (while coming from a mediumStatus family) was a dropOut. For a year or two, he got by with his $7.00 an hr. jobs from WalMart, McDonalds, BarfBurger, UpChuckys, and da like. Meanwhile, his mommy kept him in gas and cellPhones while on his back about 'gettin' a hairCut and get a REAL job which meant for him to go back to school. This eeejit was also into drugs and da first one at the 'beer parties' dat were held every udder night. Oh yes, he knew all about how to 'fireUP' a beerParty...you can betCher sweet biffy on dat von.
While he knew how to dismantle, maintain, operate various models of guns.....it was very unlikely that he knew how to do multipication Math beyound 9 X tables. He also, probably knew very, berry little about History, Geography, Religion, and World Affairs. He probably did NOT know the names of 10 countries in the WholeWideWorld and could only converse in 'computerGames'.....being educated in some hole in the houseBasement.
....and dat's da Truth.
Remember vere you hurd it first.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Another moronic opinion from our resident dufus Blob.

It has already been determined Adam Lanza and for that matter the rest of the shooters were mentally ill.
That's not a belief btw it's a gd fact.

http://holology.com/shooting.html

Location hidden

#143593 Dec 15, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>

Mandatory gun safety classes with mental screening starting in middle school. I also hate to say it but schools will need to buy nitrate sniffers and everyone pass through them if we want it to stop.

http://www.diodebell.com/products/explosives-...

Location hidden

#143594 Dec 15, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds real christian to me?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#143595 Dec 15, 2012
Iím just so sick over what happened in Connecticut. Iím sure gun rights and gun control will come under scrutiny. We do need bipartisan action to try and keep guns out of the hands of the mentally disturbed.

I understand the shooter took these guns from his mothers home. Maybe they were his or maybe they belonged to his mother, who knows?

One of the problems is our violent culture which is glorified by the movie industry and electronic games. For over 50 years Hollywood has been glorifying violent gun use. I believe Congress and the President could convince Hollywood and the movie industry to drastically tone down the gun violence in movies.

The same for the electronic game industry. We need a culture shift and it doesnít have to be forced down the throats of the entertainment industry. These CEOís can get a conviction and change the way they do business. We in public need to stop going to these violent movies.

Schools need to allow Administrators, Coaches, and a few Teachers the right to carry a concealed handgun and handcuffs. Of course these people will need conceal carry training.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 48 min Uncle Sam 2,354
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Thinking 23,201
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr Thinking 150
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 7 hr Thinking 3
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 16 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 17 hr Thinking 3
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Sat Yiago 148
More from around the web