Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
137,941 - 137,960 of 226,066 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143569
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They can be compared, but hardly.
It's not the gun or the bomb. It's the thought behind it. Is there a difference between shooting 20 children and dropping a bomb on 2000? Most pilots don't kill themselves among the carnage. Maybe that's the difference.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143570
Dec 15, 2012
 
UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, Why celebrate thankgivings - it's a celebrates genocide of Native Indians and land stolen under them by u Barbarians. And you Xtain fundies are worst than Atheists.
WRONG Again warmongering scum Ah0le don't work at low wage Retail establishment... you Simpleton class war mongering pinhead! not hating you peebrain of warring bullying scum, you ruining our Food Chain and fungible water, u detroying America and world with your evil war/oil for profiteering, ruining US dollar financially , you ruining Ecosystem - you polluting Ecosystem with toxicity as Agriculture land can be returned to former use as posioned fuits and veggies , and u killing human race with you dirty filthy blood war machines .... All you warring scums should eat oil and Drink oil for rest of you life, and your generation to come will be cursed for what you did to world and America, you filthy of Schdit-for-pee-brain are lowest of low on plane of humanity, bully others as seen on here thread. Curse you and your war mongers (FOR-ever and Ever infinitum!) and War/oil-for-profiteers who ruining world and AMericans ! Up yours big bully of warmongering animal,warring scumBuckets! WBHAHHHAAAaaaaA
16Dec12.....

.....While BobLoblah is Not up-to-scratch on what happened to the US of A in the past, one thing for sure that the WholeWideWorld knows is that the 'whiteMan' arrived in America in 1492, and from that point on....he kicked the Native Indians arseHoles around. They fought many, many battles and in the end.....the Natives LOST. Obviously, you just cannot accept that.

....BobLoblah believes that you are an unfortunate individual who is 50% Native and 50% Black. What a way to live. Clowns to the Left of BobLoblah, Jokers to the Right of BobLoblah and here Bobloblah is....stuck in da middle vit you.

Ps:.....STOP plagarizing da language of BobLoblah....ya schidt-for-brains.

....BobLoblah believes dat ven it comes to you 'ueeejitStakeVorldPiece', there's more brains in a bottle of water.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143572
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What counts as violent crime?
Could somebody have caused this kind of carnage without a gun?
Without a high capacity, semi automatic gun?
Punching somebody in the face is a violent crime.
So is shooting 26 people to death.
The two can hardly be compared.
Reviewing the crime statistics on Nationmaster, I can't see any correlation between gun ownership and crime one way or the other. I suspect that levels of political , economic, and social stability affect crime rates more than gun ownership or religiosity.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143573
Dec 15, 2012
 
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. I'm not a child stoning Christian. Apparently, they use guns now instead of stones. At least he didn't burn any witches.
16Dec12.....

....is your Real last name 'Lanza'???....or 'shataan'???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143574
Dec 15, 2012
 
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Reviewing the crime statistics on Nationmaster, I can't see any correlation between gun ownership and crime one way or the other. I suspect that levels of political , economic, and social stability affect crime rates more than gun ownership or religiosity.
16Dec12.....

.....BobLoblah believes dat 'social instability' affected the crime dat happened at Sandy Hook school in Connecticut, US of A....committed by a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist. He was NO Christian.

Ps:.....Just you wait and see: It will come out dat the hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist dat did the shootings (while coming from a mediumStatus family) was a dropOut. For a year or two, he got by with his $7.00 an hr. jobs from WalMart, McDonalds, BarfBurger, UpChuckys, and da like. Meanwhile, his mommy kept him in gas and cellPhones while on his back about 'gettin' a hairCut and get a REAL job which meant for him to go back to school. This eeejit was also into drugs and da first one at the 'beer parties' dat were held every udder night. Oh yes, he knew all about how to 'fireUP' a beerParty...you can betCher sweet biffy on dat von.
While he knew how to dismantle, maintain, operate various models of guns.....it was very unlikely that he knew how to do multipication Math beyound 9 X tables. He also, probably knew very, berry little about History, Geography, Religion, and World Affairs. He probably did NOT know the names of 10 countries in the WholeWideWorld and could only converse in 'computerGames'.....being educated in some hole in the houseBasement.

....and dat's da Truth.

Remember vere you hurd it first.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143575
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Shopping list.

Toilet paper. The kind that scrolls

:~)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143576
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>It's not the gun or the bomb. It's the thought behind it. Is there a difference between shooting 20 children and dropping a bomb on 2000? Most pilots don't kill themselves among the carnage. Maybe that's the difference.
The military pilot is following orders. He doesn't see the faces he obliterates.

This school shooter was obviously disturbed. Had he gone in barehanded, he could hardly have caused the destruction he did.

All violence marks failure. Of that, there's no doubt.

But you can't possibly equate dropping bombs on thousands in war to punching somebody in the face.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143577
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>Reviewing the crime statistics on Nationmaster, I can't see any correlation between gun ownership and crime one way or the other. I suspect that levels of political , economic, and social stability affect crime rates more than gun ownership or religiosity.
True, but the difference the gun makes is in the sheer numbers of victims and lethality.

I'm not against gun ownership. I like to target shoot myself, but it's not a passion for me. I can live without guns as easily as I can live without soda.

And some guns, by design, serve no other purpose than killing large numbers of people with little effort.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143578
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The military pilot is following orders. He doesn't see the faces he obliterates.
This school shooter was obviously disturbed. Had he gone in barehanded, he could hardly have caused the destruction he did.
All violence marks failure. Of that, there's no doubt.
But you can't possibly equate dropping bombs on thousands in war to punching somebody in the face.
16Dec12.....

....Hiroshime and Nagasakw were very 'worthwhile causes'.

Ps:....Yer fulla schidt to the eyeballs.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143579
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but the difference the gun makes is in the sheer numbers of victims and lethality.
I'm not against gun ownership. I like to target shoot myself, but it's not a passion for me. I can live without guns as easily as I can live without soda.
And some guns, by design, serve no other purpose than killing large numbers of people with little effort.
16Dec12.....

.....and by 'Design', ya eeejit....they were designed to kill large numbers of people with little effort.

Ps:.....You can thank Mr. Kalishnakov for that. He was a very solid soldier, a very astute individual, and an inventor of great things. His weapon helped 'SAVE' millions around the world by being put to use against the 'Bad guys'.

...You Really & truly need to readUP on history, ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143580
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The military pilot is following orders. He doesn't see the faces he obliterates.
This school shooter was obviously disturbed. Had he gone in barehanded, he could hardly have caused the destruction he did.
All violence marks failure. Of that, there's no doubt.
But you can't possibly equate dropping bombs on thousands in war to punching somebody in the face.
I understand violence. The shooter was obviously disturbed. The pilots were taking orders from people who were obviously disturbed. Show me how they're not equal.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143581
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bollocks.
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the UK imposed strict gun control its violent crime rate is much higher than the US.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143582
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

An all powerful god's got an issue with c*nty bollocks?

Laughing.
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Now, you are lying. God and there is only one God, does absolutely care about swearing and how one chooses to pollute their mouth with filth and thus defile their very being. When you attend prayer sessions, does your Sikh priest swear and curse at you?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143583
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey, dodgy looking tranny; if only you knew of all powerful god that could jam guns aimed at schoolchildren.
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, your hatred arrived here before you got here. Since Christianity is not a religion, then our teachings must be as old as God and that makes it eternal.
How long has your religion called "Hatred" existed and who did you streal it from?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143584
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

She don't eat meat but she sure likes a bone!
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know.
No, killing a human (good or bad), animal or plant are all wrong. We even kill germs.
I'm a vegetarian, I know.
wow

Providence, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143585
Dec 15, 2012
 
wow

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143586
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Dec12.....

.....and by 'Design', ya eeejit....they were designed to kill large numbers of people with little effort.

Ps:.....You can thank Mr. Kalishnakov for that. He was a very solid soldier, a very astute individual, and an inventor of great things. His weapon helped 'SAVE' millions around the world by being put to use against the 'Bad guys'.

...You Really & truly need to readUP on history, ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
The kalishnakov serves no necessary purpose in the hands on civilians.

Calling you a shit for brains is an insult to shit everywhere.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143587
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I knew it wouldn't take long before the Christholes started blindly screaming this was an atheist.

From what I read he was an upper mid income well to do brat raised in a kind loving Christian family who would do anything for him.

Note anytime something bad happens the Christholes will blame an atheist and time and time again we see an atheist was not behind it.
Thinking wrote:
Hey, dodgy looking tranny; if only you knew of all powerful god that could jam guns aimed at schoolchildren.
<quoted text>

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143588
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What counts as violent crime?
Could somebody have caused this kind of carnage without a gun?
__________

Yes.

In the 1930's, a guy did the same thing with explosives. Guns killed an average of 4.92 victims per mass murder in the United States during the 20th century, just edging out knives, blunt objects, and bare hands, which killed 4.52 people per incident. Fire killed 6.82 people per mass murder, while explosives far outpaced the other options at 20.82.

Now, what was your point again?

It's much more gratifying to hurt someone with bare hands. That's my experience, at least.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143589
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Buck Crick wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>

It's much more gratifying to hurt someone with bare hands. That's my experience, at least.
What about your words? Is that gratifying?

You still living off us taxpayers Buck?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••