Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#143491 Dec 14, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean that they should control themselves and not be gay, I meant gay/straight/bi/other should learn to control sexual desire.
"I have failed to follow the laws of that society, and should be punished accordingly."
But in some societies killing is not against their law, so is killing right then? Killing is a 'sin', it's wrong no matter what society you are from.
That's what we say if God created everyone/thing how could he have created something bad? He created the 'devil', my God is merciful and perfect so how can I hate the 'devil'? How could my God make a mistake? He can't!!
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But in some societies killing is not against their law, so is killing right then? Killing is a 'sin', it's wrong no matter what society you are from.
Define killing. Is it only a sin to kill humans? Do you have any idea how many sentient beings are slaughtered each day for profit?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#143492 Dec 14, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the one's that go, "yo, yo, init man, ya feelin' me bro"?
lol, I try to stay away from them, they scare me.
It's real, but it depends were you live, init, lol.
Why you ask? You want to move here?
Yes, that would definitely be them, and no, I'm not considering moving there, but I am hoping to visit someday. Just wondered how large a problem they actually are. Your description seems to indicate they're more of a localized problem as opposed to a widespread concern. Thank you for answering.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#143493 Dec 14, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Define killing. Is it only a sin to kill humans? Do you have any idea how many sentient beings are slaughtered each day for profit?
I don't know.

No, killing a human (good or bad), animal or plant are all wrong. We even kill germs.

I'm a vegetarian, I know.

Location hidden

#143494 Dec 14, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that would definitely be them, and no, I'm not considering moving there, but I am hoping to visit someday. Just wondered how large a problem they actually are. Your description seems to indicate they're more of a localized problem as opposed to a widespread concern. Thank you for answering.
yh, if you are going to stick around with educated people and visit the nice areas then you won't even see any. If you do, you don't have to associate with them! It's nothing to worry about!

Oh, there are lots of atheists here, you'll love it!:-)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#143495 Dec 14, 2012
UIDIOTRCEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>wRONG Again warmongering scum Ah0le don't work at low wage Retail establishment... you Simpleton class war mongering pinhead! not hating you peebrain of warring bullying scum, you ruining our Food Chain and fungible water, u detroying America and world with your evil war/oil for profiteering, ruining US dollar financially , you ruining Ecosystem - you polluting Ecosystem with toxicity as Agriculture land can be returned to former use as posioned fuits and veggies , and u killing human race with you dirty filthy blood war machines .... All you warring scums should eat oil and Drink oil for rest of you life, and your generation to come will be cursed for what you did to world and America, you filthy of Schdit-for-pee-brain are lowest of low on plane of humanity, bully others as seen on here thread. Curse you and your war mongers (FOR-ever and Ever infinitum!) and War/oil-for-profiteers who ruining world and AMericans ! Up yours big bully of warmongering animal,warring scumBuckets! WBHAHHHAAAaaaaA
15Dec12/////

.....Von ding fer shure.....

..You just cannot afford a Christmas turkey, let alone da trimmings.

Ps:....You are one envious, jealous, hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist schidt=for-brains.

.....as ALL posters can see....even yer hAtheist buddy ILK.

Now, go and fester, ya 'pusHead'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#143496 Dec 14, 2012
Thinking wrote:
bob nob gobbler types like Spike the cartoon dog's scriptwriter. With Alzheimer's.
<quoted text>
15Dec12.....

....and yer 'still' readingUp ALL BobLoblah's postings, ain't ya, ya LIAR.

Ps:.....Read'em and weep ya dementiated eeejit.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#143497 Dec 14, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean that they should control themselves and not be gay, I meant gay/straight/bi/other should learn to control sexual desire.
"I have failed to follow the laws of that society, and should be punished accordingly."
That's what we say if God created everyone/thing how could he have created something bad? He created the 'devil', my God is merciful and perfect so how can I hate the 'devil'? How could my God make a mistake? He can't!!
Most civilized people Do control their sexual desires.

Killing another man being will always be wrong, not a SIN. SIN, once again, is a religious word made up to conform to their idea of Good and Evil. Killing is against the laws of humanity, the act of killing another has NOTHING to do with religion. Evolution has ingrained in us the importance of cooperation with one another, or caring and compassion, and of kindness. If I am kind to another, I have cultivated a feeling of trust that will hopefully be afforded to me. We don't need religion to tell us that killing another human being is terrible wrong. The GOLDEN RULE is much more useful than religious edicts. "Don't do to someone as you would not want done to you." No God involved and no SIN. Why is it so hard for you people to understand that we can all be kind, careering, and compassionate, without a belief in an imaginary God thing?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#143498 Dec 14, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know.
No, killing a human (good or bad), animal or plant are all wrong. We even kill germs.
I'm a vegetarian, I know.
It isn't fair.

I hope that we can someday synthesize all kinds of food using only basic elemental ingredients.

If we can't stop killing humans though, how are we going to stop killing other things?

Location hidden

#143499 Dec 14, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
15Dec12.....

.....and exactly WHY do you as an hAtheist believe in 'Sin'!!!

Ps:....According to you and your ILK, you're not going anwheres when you suck in your last breath anyways. Right!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#143500 Dec 14, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Colour is chemistry. So is sight.
If a blind person touches a rose bush they may never do it again, depending on where they touch it. But it smells good, right?
We can't call everything by one word can we? You used touch and smell ~ perfect examples of naming things... like naming colours :)

Location hidden

#143501 Dec 14, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't fair.
I hope that we can someday synthesize all kinds of food using only basic elemental ingredients.
If we can't stop killing humans though, how are we going to stop killing other things?
15Dec12.....

.....SomeDay humans will eat humans.

The football team whose plane crashed in the Andes some years ago, survived by eating the dead. You otta read da book 'Alive'.

Ps:....BobLoblah can see two people now sitting around a 'roasted' human on da spit and one of dem sayin'....."I don't know about you, but I'm having a ball".

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#143503 Dec 14, 2012
You gotta know when to read 'em,
know when to scroll 'em,
know when to walk away,
and know when to run.

Location hidden

#143504 Dec 14, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Most civilized people Do control their sexual desires.
Killing another man being will always be wrong, not a SIN. SIN, once again, is a religious word made up to conform to their idea of Good and Evil. Killing is against the laws of humanity, the act of killing another has NOTHING to do with religion. Evolution has ingrained in us the importance of cooperation with one another, or caring and compassion, and of kindness. If I am kind to another, I have cultivated a feeling of trust that will hopefully be afforded to me. We don't need religion to tell us that killing another human being is terrible wrong. The GOLDEN RULE is much more useful than religious edicts. "Don't do to someone as you would not want done to you." No God involved and no SIN. Why is it so hard for you people to understand that we can all be kind, careering, and compassionate, without a belief in an imaginary God thing?
But my mummy and religion taught me "Don't do to someone as you would not want done to you." My religion was written by honest, loving people who wanted to live in peace with everyone. If believing in God helped them become good humans and i'm trying to follow thier teachings, what's so wrong?

Here Kabeer is asking hindus and muslims a question, If we all belong to one God then what's the fight all about?

We don't know if God created light first that's just an example kabeer is using. Kabeer was a very nice person, all the saints in my religion were, they saw God, even in evil people, what's so wrong? They tried to help humans, animals and even plants by teaching us to eat less, what's so wrong if my belief makes you a better person??

Prabhaatee:

First, Allah created the Light; then, by His Creative Power, He made all mortal beings.
From the One Light, the entire universe welled up. So who is good, and who is bad?||1||
O people, O Siblings of Destiny, do not wander deluded by doubt.
The Creation is in the Creator, and the Creator is in the Creation, totally pervading and permeating all places.||1||Pause||
The clay is the same, but the Fashioner has fashioned it in various ways.
There is nothing wrong with the pot of clay - there is nothing wrong with the Potter.||2||
Whoever realizes the Hukam of His Command, knows the One Lord. He alone is said to be the Lord's slave.||3||
The Lord Allah is Unseen; He cannot be seen. The Guru has blessed me with this sweet molasses.
Says Kabeer, my anxiety and fear have been taken away; I see the Immaculate Lord pervading everywhere.||4||3||

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#143505 Dec 14, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
know when to scroll 'em,
know when to walk away,
and know when to run.
Shopping list.

Sani Flush

Location hidden

#143506 Dec 14, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't fair.
I agree, but I don't know either.:-(

Location hidden

#143507 Dec 14, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
know when to scroll 'em,
know when to walk away,
and know when to run.
LOL, u can run but ya can't hide!!

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#143508 Dec 14, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Shopping list.
Sani Flush
I don't think they should use "bowl" when referring to part of a toilet. I eat my cereal out of a bowl.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#143509 Dec 14, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, u can run but ya can't hide!!
I can do both, even at the same time if I want. I can hide inside a building and run around inside it.

I am most excellent at hide and seek.

Location hidden

#143510 Dec 14, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I can do both, even at the same time if I want. I can hide inside a building and run around inside it.
I am most excellent at hide and seek.
coming, ready or not!!

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#143511 Dec 14, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
coming, ready or not!!
If you find me I'll just say I'm not me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr ChristineM 5,952
The Perils of Belief 4 hr P_Smith 1
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 4 hr P_Smith 1
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 hr Morse 23,268
Evidence for God! 6 hr Morse 373
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 15 hr RayOne 2,621
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 16 hr SnuffAGlobalisst 23
More from around the web