Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
137,841 - 137,860 of 224,516 Comments Last updated 35 min ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, not MY God.
Oh, that's right - I don't have one.
Yes you do!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but if we blamed American films, that would mean that you have a weak and lame mind. You know, like Hiding and Lesbum.
If you have a three digit I.Q., then that means that your IQ is one digit higher than Hiding and Catcher's 99 I.Q.
Do you think that Hindus who believe they will come back as a cow are stupid? I mean, that would make most Hindus stupid or do you think that yur western version of Hinduism is a more evolved Hindu religion.
I do, I really get into films!!

When I took an IQ test in school (16yrs), I think my IQ was 135, I don't know what it is now. I think that was a good score.

No, they aren't stupid.

What western version of Hinduism?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Really. So, why not call same sex couples mentally ill. Don't you get the irony, since suicide is a mental illness and over 50% of suicides are homosexuals.
I mean, how could calling people mentally ill who choose sex with the same sex be something bad? Doesn't it let them know that we feel their pain?
I don't get your point! What's that got to do with vain thing?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you do!!
Not so much.

I allow two Godesses - one about my age, and one in her 20s.

Sin a bhuil.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Sorry, Gaelic - translation, "That's all".

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you do. Its name is satan. It chose you and it gets to be your daddy until you choose God.
Erm, a deity which does not exist could not have created anything.

Including a "demon" who apparently hasn't read to the end of the book.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>So, if we call gays perjurative words when we are fighting, then that is okay.
No, you are wrong and childish. Making reference to swear words is not the same as swearing. Unless your Sikh priest uses swear words as easy as he uses "house", "car", "God", etc. then using f^g, f^ck, and calling a person a k^nt are not part of your religion. It is just a part of your wearkness, just like if you had sex with the same sex or an animal. All are sins.
What are you on about? Why you hate gays so much?

My religious book swears at evil people and at the mind!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ark's Whereabouts
The Ark remained in the Temple until its destruction at the hand of the Babylonian empire, led by Nebuchadnezzar. What happened to it afterward is unknown, and has been debated and pondered for centuries. It is unlikely that the Babylonians took it, as they did the other vessels of the Temple, because the detailed lists of what they took make no mention of the Ark.
According to some sources, Josiah, one of the final kings to reign in the First Temple period, learned of the impending invasion of the Babylonians and hid the Ark. Where he hid it is also questionable according to one midrash, he dug a hole under the wood storehouse on the Temple Mount and buried it there (Yoma 53b).
Another account says that Solomon foresaw the eventual destruction of the Temple, and set aside a cave near the Dead Sea, in which Josiah eventually hid the Ark (Maimonides, Laws of the Temple, 4:1).
One of the most fascinating possibilities is advanced by Ethiopian Christians who claim that they have the Ark today. In Axum, Ethiopia, it is widely believed that the Ark is currently being held in the Church of Saint Mary of Zion, guarded by a monk known as the "Keeper of the Ark," who claims to have it in his possesion. According to the Axum Christian community, they acquired the Ark during the reign of Solomon, when his son Menelik, whose mother was the Queen of Sheba, stole the Ark after a visit to Jerusalem.
While in the not-so-distant past the "Ark" has been brought out for Christian holidays, its keeper has not done so for several years due to the tumultuous political situation in the country. The claim has thus been impossible to verify, for no one but the monk is allowed into the tent.
A more plausible claim is that of archaeologist Leen Ritmeyer, who has conducted research on the Temple Mount and inside the Dome of the Rock. He claims to have found the spot on the Mount where the Holy of Holies was located during the First Temple period. In the precise center of that spot is a section of bedrock cut out in dimensions that may match those of the Ark as reported in Exodus.
This section of the mount, incidentally, is the one from which the creation of the world began, according to midrash (T. Kedoshim, 10). Based on his findings, Ritmeyer has postulated that the Ark may be buried deep inside the Temple Mount. However, it is unlikely that any excavation will ever be allowed on the Mount by the Muslim or Israeli authorities.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/J...
Maybe, like everything else in the bible, it simply doesn't exist!!!! Kind of like the Ark, Jesus, zombies strolling the streets, magical impregnations, the dead rising up from the grave, magical changes in the molecular structure of water, angels, demons, water walking, suspension of gravitational forces by magic (the red sea) so on and so forth!!!! No end to the ridiculous claims!!!!! Of course NONE of them can be substantiated.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised you didn't immediately blame the carnage on atheism!
Do worry, I'm sure that coming!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You claim that you are on Topoix looking for your friend. Yet, there are over 500 threads and you only choose two in the Top Stories. If the avatar photo is really you, then that means you are really dumb, and if it is not you, then you are lying because he will never find you.
You know very little about the Sikh religion or Hinduism, and your issues are always with Christians and not the atheists who have killed the Sikhs for years.
Besides, why can't we attack you and then say we were joking, like you do?
Why don't you jokingly attack gays and atheists? You know, jokingly!
I'm on world news forum too, as me and other posters, lol.

LOL, my friend knows i'm on topix, i'm trying to figure out which poster he is, it's not easy you know!

I understand my sikh/hindu religions more than most people!

Atheists/gays never attack me, christians/muslims do, i defend myself.

When did atheists kill sikhs? I thought christians did!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Not so much.
I allow two Godesses - one about my age, and one in her 20s.
Sin a bhuil.
lol

I believe u do, u don't have to believe it.:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Do worry, I'm sure that coming!!!
Why, did an atheist do it? I thought they didn't know yet.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Do worry, I'm sure that coming!!!
It already arrived on another thread.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you on about? Why you hate gays so much?
My religious book swears at evil people and at the mind!
This person who goes out of their way to rant on and on about gays is most likely harboring those exact same homosexual traits. He/she's very angry that they can do nothing to eliminate those traits so they lash out, angry with themselves for having these traits. Most people do not have a problem with sax sex behavior, it appears to be something quite natural in the animal kingdom. It's really very telling when you see someone like this focus so strongly on homosexual behavior. It will eventually destroy them if they don't admit it to themselves that they are in fact GAY.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
My God don't give a f*ck about swearing!
What do you people mean when you say, "taking God's name in vain"?
Do you take my name in vein?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>This person who goes out of their way to rant on and on about gays is most likely harboring those exact same homosexual traits. He/she's very angry that they can do nothing to eliminate those traits so they lash out, angry with themselves for having these traits. Most people do not have a problem with sax sex behavior, it appears to be something quite natural in the animal kingdom. It's really very telling when you see someone like this focus so strongly on homosexual behavior. It will eventually destroy them if they don't admit it to themselves that they are in fact GAY.
I know people like that.

I do think that sexual behaviour should be controlled whether you are gay or not.

It's not their fault if someone feels attracted to their own sex, it can't be a sin.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

We have cracked down quite a bit on gun laws. Go to any US gun shop and they will act like they are outlawed or will be next week. It's a sticky situation with no easy answers.

I myself was in a situation in So.Cal where if I didn't have a gun I would have had my car stolen and myself and my lady friend hurt badly if we were lucky and not dead. Instead I fired a few warning shots, said how many of you want to die tonight? And they ran. There was at least 6 of them and there was no talking or reasoning.

I am grateful I didn't have to use it.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil pure evil, why do yanks love guns so much?
Is it not time to do something about gun control?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Do you take my name in vein?
Your name flows like blood in my veins!:-)

Happy, now?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get your point! What's that got to do with vain thing?
The only point he has is the one on his head.

My wittle boi missed his River, yes he DEEid.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It already arrived on another thread.
What took so long? These people really need to do the research on how much less violent Atheists as a whole really are. Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland are all Atheists countries and are the healthiest countries to live in. Very low crime rates, much better conditions involving education, gender equality, infant mortality and per capita income. American teens are 70% more likely to have STD than the above countries. Even in the most religious parts of America are not were you see less crime and less domestic violence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What does "Atheism" mean? 1 hr Buck Crick 37
Introducing The Universal Religion 4 hr nanoanomaly 735
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Reason Personified 247
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 12 hr Patrick 395
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 14 hr religionisillness 19
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 14 hr Growupchildren 21,401
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... Mon Liam R 21
•••
•••