Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,892)

Showing posts 137,821 - 137,840 of216,252
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
Scroll like you mean it.
Oh, I mean it.

Why does that idiot have to be up when I am? It's 0245 here, for Bog's sake!

And his manner of using deliberate misspellings to disguise the fact that he actually can't spell is annoying.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you do give a sh** or you wouldn’t have responded back.
I have a question perhaps you can answer it for me. Why is it you dumb ass Brits are missing half your teeth? I think it’s because you buttheads can’t keep your punk ass mouth shut and inevitably someone beats the hell out of you.
You have confirmed on thing, miracles still happen. You said you had a friend. Holy shitscow, that’s too much to take in one day. Let me guess he is also missing half of his teeth. There’s a cop somewhere in the UK that has a bag full of teeth and some of them are yours. And some of them are his.
Those who act like jerks will be treated likewise. You butted in with your distasteful comment and that brought you up on the scope. You need to go back to the restaurant and ask for your job back washing dishes. This time spend more time working than smoking dope in the back alley.
Mmmeeelllttt dddooowwwnnn.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

No, you started with a "joke" insult and couldn't handle the escalation. Are you goading me into anti-Americanisms? I'm better than you.

No, I don't smoke or use drugs other than fine old world red wines and beautiful British beers.

Nice empty christard threats, btw. You massive abject sh!t.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you do give a sh** or you wouldn’t have responded back.
I have a question perhaps you can answer it for me. Why is it you dumb ass Brits are missing half your teeth? I think it’s because you buttheads can’t keep your punk ass mouth shut and inevitably someone beats the hell out of you.
You have confirmed on thing, miracles still happen. You said you had a friend. Holy shitscow, that’s too much to take in one day. Let me guess he is also missing half of his teeth. There’s a cop somewhere in the UK that has a bag full of teeth and some of them are yours. And some of them are his.
Those who act like jerks will be treated likewise. You butted in with your distasteful comment and that brought you up on the scope. You need to go back to the restaurant and ask for your job back washing dishes. This time spend more time working than smoking dope in the back alley.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Narcissistic personality disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and in other areas of their life, such as work or school.
Narcissistic personality disorder treatment is centered around psychotherapy
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic...
Meltdown and projection: two for the price of one.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

bob nob gobbler types like Spike the cartoon dog's scriptwriter. With Alzheimer's.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I mean it.
Why does that idiot have to be up when I am? It's 0245 here, for Bog's sake!
And his manner of using deliberate misspellings to disguise the fact that he actually can't spell is annoying.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
Scroll like you mean it.
If he posts much more I will have to buy a new mouse.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, from back when an airplane body repair kit was a needle, thread, and a bottle of "dope"?
And a roll of 100 knot tape.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Narcissistic personality disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and in other areas of their life, such as work or school.
Narcissistic personality disorder treatment is centered around psychotherapy

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic...
More self diagnosis?

That's good.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>If the shoe fits wear it, not in your case. If the bra fits wear it.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/nar...

Narcissistic Personality Disorder involves arrogant behavior, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration-all of which must be consistently evident at work and in relationships. People who are narcissistic are frequently described as cocky, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. Narcissists may concentrate on unlikely personal outcomes (e.g., fame) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment. Related Personality Disorders: Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic. Narcissism is a less extreme version of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissism involves cockiness, manipulativeness, selfishness, power motives, and vanity-a love of mirrors. Related personality traits include: Psychopathy, Machiavellianism.

Narcissists tend to have high self-esteem. However, narcissism is not the same thing as self-esteem; people who have high self-esteem are often humble, whereas narcissists rarely are. It was once thought that narcissists have high self-esteem on the surface, but deep down they are insecure. However, the latest evidence indicates that narcissists are actually secure or grandiose at both levels. Onlookers may infer that insecurity is there because narcissists tend to be defensive when their self-esteem is threatened (e.g., being ridiculed); narcissists can be aggressive.
Some think that their god thinks they are special.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And a roll of 100 knot tape.
Hehehe.

Prolly BUILD an aircraft outta that stuff.

A 99-knot aircraft, but still...

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Hmmmm You posted link less spam refusing to show your source. Typical cowardly bullsht. Again what is the largest CHRISTIAN denomination?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmmmm...... You answer a question with a question.
Nice evade.
Lets try again.
Question: What is the difference between Catholicism and Christianity?

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

He must belong to one of those wacky Pentecostal Sarah Palin type churches that scream they are the one true Christian church and all others are blasphemous demon worshippers.

There's like thousands of wacky nutter churches like that going on about how the pope is the anti Christ and such. Lol!
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
By your logic there are thousands of religions that are called christian but are not, you are also not a christian by your own logic.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What is your basis for the premiss that if a large wooden airplane can fly, then a large wooden boat could be seaworthy? Remember now, you just can't make stuff up, you have to support your idea, so I'll be waiting!!!!
The commonality between the Noah’s Ark and Hughes Spruce Goose has already been made.

Had or have critics, doubters, naysayer’s.

They were the largest creation of its type for the times.

Were as large as ships of today.

Both made of wood.

Finally both floated and eventually proved their critics wrong.
LargeLanguage

Connahs Quay, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what?
I have no idea. What is he on about anyway?
LargeLanguage

Connahs Quay, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Some think that their god thinks they are special.
He's more special than you for sure :)

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>He's more special than you for sure :)
Yes.

Yes he is.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The commonality between the Noah’s Ark and Hughes Spruce Goose has already been made.
Had or have critics, doubters, naysayer’s.
They were the largest creation of its type for the times.
Were as large as ships of today.
Both made of wood.
Finally both floated and eventually proved their critics wrong.
Speaking of arks, where's the Ark of the Covenant these days? Strange that any evidence of your god is always shrouded in mystery.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of arks, where's the Ark of the Covenant these days? Strange that any evidence of your god is always shrouded in mystery.
The Ark's Whereabouts

The Ark remained in the Temple until its destruction at the hand of the Babylonian empire, led by Nebuchadnezzar. What happened to it afterward is unknown, and has been debated and pondered for centuries. It is unlikely that the Babylonians took it, as they did the other vessels of the Temple, because the detailed lists of what they took make no mention of the Ark.

According to some sources, Josiah, one of the final kings to reign in the First Temple period, learned of the impending invasion of the Babylonians and hid the Ark. Where he hid it is also questionable – according to one midrash, he dug a hole under the wood storehouse on the Temple Mount and buried it there (Yoma 53b).

Another account says that Solomon foresaw the eventual destruction of the Temple, and set aside a cave near the Dead Sea, in which Josiah eventually hid the Ark (Maimonides, Laws of the Temple, 4:1).

One of the most fascinating possibilities is advanced by Ethiopian Christians who claim that they have the Ark today. In Axum, Ethiopia, it is widely believed that the Ark is currently being held in the Church of Saint Mary of Zion, guarded by a monk known as the "Keeper of the Ark," who claims to have it in his possesion. According to the Axum Christian community, they acquired the Ark during the reign of Solomon, when his son Menelik, whose mother was the Queen of Sheba, stole the Ark after a visit to Jerusalem.

While in the not-so-distant past the "Ark" has been brought out for Christian holidays, its keeper has not done so for several years due to the tumultuous political situation in the country. The claim has thus been impossible to verify, for no one but the monk is allowed into the tent.

A more plausible claim is that of archaeologist Leen Ritmeyer, who has conducted research on the Temple Mount and inside the Dome of the Rock. He claims to have found the spot on the Mount where the Holy of Holies was located during the First Temple period. In the precise center of that spot is a section of bedrock cut out in dimensions that may match those of the Ark as reported in Exodus.

This section of the mount, incidentally, is the one from which the creation of the world began, according to midrash (T. Kedoshim, 10). Based on his findings, Ritmeyer has postulated that the Ark may be buried deep inside the Temple Mount. However, it is unlikely that any excavation will ever be allowed on the Mount by the Muslim or Israeli authorities.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/J...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Jesus had to get rid of that way before facebook was invented! Could you imagine all the updates he would be getting from believers?
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ark's Whereabouts
The Ark remained in the Temple until its destruction at the hand of the Babylonian empire, led by Nebuchadnezzar. What happened to it afterward is unknown, and has been debated and pondered for centuries. It is unlikely that the Babylonians took it, as they did the other vessels of the Temple, because the detailed lists of what they took make no mention of the Ark.
According to some sources, Josiah, one of the final kings to reign in the First Temple period, learned of the impending invasion of the Babylonians and hid the Ark. Where he hid it is also questionable – according to one midrash, he dug a hole under the wood storehouse on the Temple Mount and buried it there (Yoma 53b).
Another account says that Solomon foresaw the eventual destruction of the Temple, and set aside a cave near the Dead Sea, in which Josiah eventually hid the Ark (Maimonides, Laws of the Temple, 4:1).
One of the most fascinating possibilities is advanced by Ethiopian Christians who claim that they have the Ark today. In Axum, Ethiopia, it is widely believed that the Ark is currently being held in the Church of Saint Mary of Zion, guarded by a monk known as the "Keeper of the Ark," who claims to have it in his possesion. According to the Axum Christian community, they acquired the Ark during the reign of Solomon, when his son Menelik, whose mother was the Queen of Sheba, stole the Ark after a visit to Jerusalem.
While in the not-so-distant past the "Ark" has been brought out for Christian holidays, its keeper has not done so for several years due to the tumultuous political situation in the country. The claim has thus been impossible to verify, for no one but the monk is allowed into the tent.
A more plausible claim is that of archaeologist Leen Ritmeyer, who has conducted research on the Temple Mount and inside the Dome of the Rock. He claims to have found the spot on the Mount where the Holy of Holies was located during the First Temple period. In the precise center of that spot is a section of bedrock cut out in dimensions that may match those of the Ark as reported in Exodus.
This section of the mount, incidentally, is the one from which the creation of the world began, according to midrash (T. Kedoshim, 10). Based on his findings, Ritmeyer has postulated that the Ark may be buried deep inside the Temple Mount. However, it is unlikely that any excavation will ever be allowed on the Mount by the Muslim or Israeli authorities.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/J...
So, possibly one person is guarding it from political upheaval, and it's housed in a tent. That is one bad ass monk. The "plausible" explanation ain't much better.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 137,821 - 137,840 of216,252
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••