Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,892)

Showing posts 137,821 - 137,840 of223,129
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143435
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I just want to express my sincere condolences to the families that lost members at the school shooting in CT.

This whole tragedy is so hard to comprehend. Iím just heartbroken because I have a 5 year old Grandson.

We as a nation will have to do more to protect our kids, in schools, restaurants, shopping malls, and all public events.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143436
Dec 14, 2012
 
Yes it is indeed a sad day this gun nut goes wild kills his family and several innocent children. It's heart breaking.
Eagle12 wrote:
I just want to express my sincere condolences to the families that lost members at the school shooting in CT.
This whole tragedy is so hard to comprehend. Iím just heartbroken because I have a 5 year old Grandson.
We as a nation will have to do more to protect our kids, in schools, restaurants, shopping malls, and all public events.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143437
Dec 14, 2012
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes it is indeed a sad day this gun nut goes wild kills his family and several innocent children. It's heart breaking.
<quoted text>
Evil pure evil, why do yanks love guns so much?

Is it not time to do something about gun control?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143438
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of arks, where's the Ark of the Covenant these days? Strange that any evidence of your god is always shrouded in mystery.
Oh, I have that.

I'm using it for the "Suggestions" box in the First Hoplite Bar & Grill.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143439
Dec 14, 2012
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The commonality between the Noahís Ark and Hughes Spruce Goose has already been made.
Had or have critics, doubters, naysayerís.
They were the largest creation of its type for the times.
Were as large as ships of today.
Both made of wood.
Finally both floated and eventually proved their critics wrong.
Of course you're wrong here, there is NO commonality between the Spruce Goose and the Ark, aside from them both being constructed of wood. Of course all we have for information about the Ark is the bible, so it becomes sheer speculation that said Ark ever existed. We have documentation for the Spruce Goose, actual pictures, and film of its first and only flight. I can't believe you want to compare a plane to a boat as far a function goes. The plane only flew for one mile, at 70 feet about the water. The tail twisted violently on takeoff and most aerodynamic experts claim it was a miracle that the wings did not break.

Like most things in the bible there is absolutely no evidence that the Ark ever existed. We do know based on the dimensions given in the bible that no such craft could have possible lasted a year in the open ocean, especially with no means of propulsion. Without invoking Godmagic, the logistical problems show no such event could have happened.

This topic has been done to death, and unless you want to claim it happened with magic, there is no possible way it could occur. No you are terrible wrong when you claim "Both floated ands eventually proved their critics wrong." Only the spruce Goose floated, of that we are sure, the Ark is only a children's story with no substantial evidence and no possible means of achieving what is supposedly did without Godmagic. I don't believe in magic, I know its not real, do you really believe in magic?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143440
Dec 14, 2012
 
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil pure evil, why do yanks love guns so much?
Is it not time to do something about gun control?
Since the UK imposed strict gun control its violent crime rate is much higher than the US.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143441
Dec 14, 2012
 
Eagle12 wrote:
I just want to express my sincere condolences to the families that lost members at the school shooting in CT.
This whole tragedy is so hard to comprehend. Iím just heartbroken because I have a 5 year old Grandson.
We as a nation will have to do more to protect our kids, in schools, restaurants, shopping malls, and all public events.
I'm surprised you didn't immediately blame the carnage on atheism!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143442
Dec 14, 2012
 
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the UK imposed strict gun control its violent crime rate is much higher than the US.
As usual you are wrong and it only took 0.44s:-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143443
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dr fill wrote:
<quoted text> If you belong to a org that doesnt allow you to swear you are in a cult clemingtime.
My God don't give a f*ck about swearing!

What do you people mean when you say, "taking God's name in vain"?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143444
Dec 14, 2012
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you allowed to be Catcher?
Catcher, am I allowed to be you?

@Batty...I don't get it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143445
Dec 14, 2012
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Atheist Trinity:
Clementia, Catcher1, Happy Lesbo
These three are one!
hehehehehehehehehehehehehee... ."atheist trinity"....heheheheheheh e

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143446
Dec 14, 2012
 
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher, am I allowed to be you?
@Batty...I don't get it.
Clementine, you have my permission to be me any time you want.

But when you're me, please don't embarrass yourself.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143447
Dec 14, 2012
 
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the one and only Catcher.
Master of the white sheet.
Feared by the bravest.
Leader of the pack.
I guess that's a no.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143448
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>14Dec12.....
.....You used the 'F' word.....you bad, bad girl.
Ps:.....You'll be using the 'C' word like 'dimKing next!!!
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I never used to swear, blame American films!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143449
Dec 14, 2012
 
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clementine, you have my permission to be me any time you want.
But when you're me, please don't embarrass yourself.
Nah, It's ok, I'm happy being me.

What, I embarrass myself?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143450
Dec 14, 2012
 
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
My God don't give a f*ck about swearing!
What do you people mean when you say, "taking God's name in vain"?
Oh, there's a bit of irony on that part. Taking a name in vain is actually calling on that name in times when it is not needed, such as saying "god damn it," there is even a parable in the bible about that, Elisha and the bears, where he called on his god in vain so his god did something horrible. Of course modern christians like to "interpret" that as a way to justify attacking anyone who disagrees with them, but the original intent was to demonstrate why that commandment exists.

In older religions, magic spells were cast by calling on the name of the deity they wish to make the request, just another point the christians stole from older religions.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143453
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, there's a bit of irony on that part. Taking a name in vain is actually calling on that name in times when it is not needed, such as saying "god damn it," there is even a parable in the bible about that, Elisha and the bears, where he called on his god in vain so his god did something horrible. Of course modern christians like to "interpret" that as a way to justify attacking anyone who disagrees with them, but the original intent was to demonstrate why that commandment exists.
In older religions, magic spells were cast by calling on the name of the deity they wish to make the request, just another point the christians stole from older religions.
I thought it was something like that, but it never made sense to me that why would God not want you to say, "O God", when you are in pain or something.

I don't get the irony, though.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143455
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
My God don't give a f*ck about swearing!
What do you people mean when you say, "taking God's name in vain"?
Hey, not MY God.

Oh, that's right - I don't have one.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143456
Dec 14, 2012
 
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Now, you are lying. God and there is only one God, does absolutely care about swearing and how one chooses to pollute their mouth with filth and thus defile their very being. When you attend prayer sessions, does your Sikh priest swear and curse at you?
Yes there is only 1 God!!

No, swearing at someone in a fight is different. I wasn't swearing at anyone.

The Sikh priest doesn't swear directly at me but our religious book does have swear words in it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143458
Dec 14, 2012
 
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Watch this. Clementia is repsonded to your posts and I mean posts from 20 hours ago.
In reality and even in your pitiful mind, you are only feared by gays, which makes you fear yourself.
I heard that if we request a white sheet then you when put one over your ugly face and we can punch your ugly face back into your head, and we won't even get a peep out of you.
Stupid.
What did I do wrong now?

I'M NOT CATCHER!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 137,821 - 137,840 of223,129
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••