Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
137,661 - 137,680 of 226,603 Comments Last updated 34 min ago

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#143264 Dec 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>If I can add a fact here, Boss continues to be, besides stupid as hell, nasty as sh*t.

Hey Boss that's not ad hominem: as I said, it's the fact.

Now get back to your bible.
That's why I don't mind pointing out his stupidity.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143265 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in a league of my own, sunshine, there's no comparison, LOL.

Bra's are annoying pieces of.....that give ya nothing but pain, burn them, burn them!!!!!!!
I agree!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143266 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>But I don't know where to start, I'll do it wrong.
There's an editor function.

And don't worry about doing it wrong. All of your entries will be checked before they are added.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143268 Dec 13, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>You're lying. You read the whole post, and it pissed you the heck off LOL. good!

I have been great,'bout yourself?
You've just broken a commandment.

Now you're going to hell.

I'm enjoying reality. You should try it sometime.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143269 Dec 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>On the stove sets a black pot with a lid and a black kettle.

The black pot calls the kettle,“You’re nothing but an cheap black kettle with no glass. You don’t even have a top.”

The Kettle looks surprised because the pot was black too. And also was cheap with no glass. Yes it’s true he didn’t have a pot head. But he didn’t need one.

So the moral of the story, pots and pot heads need to take a close look themselves before criticizing others.
You really need to stop writing your own material.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143270 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>Oh God, I'm not angry!! My religion doesn't believe in converting people, I told you that you are welcome to those sikhs, my religion and I have no problem, we don't bloody care! My belief is my belief, yours is yours, stop forcing it on people. I don't think like you christians/muslims my mind is at peace.

Do you know when the khalsa was chosen by my 10th guru didn't say come and convert and be khalsa and go to heaven, they said God wants sacrifice, give your head to God if you truly believe in your God. Out of 50,000 or so sikhs only 5 got up to give their head to God. The guru didn't kill them instead he baptised them and took baptism from them and said these are the true believers in God.

Guru/God doesn't want the sheep, other religions can have them, we want the pure one's that will die for their faith, not the cowards. When death comes I hope God gives me the strength to accept my destiny. If my God wants me to go to hell then so be it!
I hope I die in my sleep, like my father.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#143271 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmmm, what are you talking about, liberty guy?
@Tide....CASHEW!!!:-)
14Dec12.....

.....'blipertyFly' used da vord 'basically.....

Ps:....So it doesn't know vot its talking about.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#143272 Dec 13, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Therearea lot of 'maybe's' in thatarticle! But here's the stupid test: Coulda wooden ship withstand the deluge that magnitude? No. Hell, we still cannot make one that huge out of wood, letalone make it float! So no, it did not pass the stupid test.
14Dec12.....

.....A Dutchman has built a replica of Noah's Ark to biblical proportions, following a dream his homeland would be flooded.

Johan Huibers, a wealthy businessman, used the ancient measurement of the cubit -- the length of a man's arm from elbow to fingertips -- to build the vessel to the dimensions specified in the book of Genesis.

The finished craft -- which has just been opened to the public on the Merwede River in the Dutch town of Dordrecht -- is 300 cubits long (about 450 feet or 137 meters), 50 cubits wide (about 70 feet or 21 meters), and 30 cubits high (about 45 feet or 14 meters).

Floods force evacuations in Costa Rica

Huibers has filled his ark, which will operate as a "Bible museum," with life-sized plastic animals and an aviary of live birds to give visitors more to interact with.

"We want to tell people about God," Huibers told AFP. "We wanted to build something that can help explain the Bible in real terms."

It is not Huibers' first ark. He completed his first, a half-scale replica of Noah's Ark, in 2004, and used it to take tourists on canal trips, before beginning work on a full-scale version in 2008.

The origin of the project stems from a dream Huibers said he had in 1992, in which the low-lying Netherlands was flooded by the North Sea.

More damage expected after floods in North Korea kill dozens

"The next day I bought a book about Noah's Ark. That night while sitting on the couch with my kids, I looked at it and said:'It's what we're going to do,'" he told AFP. "I have always been a dreamer."

He resolved to build the ark, to inspire children with the biblical story of how Noah and the inhabitants of his Ark survived the flood that, according to Old Testament, washed the world clean of sin.

Despite his best efforts, it was impossible to adhere entirely to the biblical description of the Ark. Genesis describes Noah's boat as made of "gopher wood," but experts disagree over what this is.

Instead, Huibers and his team built the boat by welding together the metal hulls of 25 barges into a single frame, which was then covered with Scandinavian pine. Weighing about 3,000 tons, the boat contains sleeping quarters, a theater, restaurant and conference facilities to seat 1,500 people.

Ps:.....BobLoblah has visited dis von tooooooooooooo.

Pretty Good.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
dr fill

Des Plaines, IL

#143273 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh God, I'm not angry!! My religion doesn't believe in converting people, I told you that you are welcome to those sikhs, my religion and I have no problem, we don't bloody care! My belief is my belief, yours is yours, stop forcing it on people. I don't think like you christians/muslims my mind is at peace.
Do you know when the khalsa was chosen by my 10th guru didn't say come and convert and be khalsa and go to heaven, they said God wants sacrifice, give your head to God if you truly believe in your God. Out of 50,000 or so sikhs only 5 got up to give their head to God. The guru didn't kill them instead he baptised them and took baptism from them and said these are the true believers in God.
Guru/God doesn't want the sheep, other religions can have them, we want the pure one's that will die for their faith, not the cowards. When death comes I hope God gives me the strength to accept my destiny. If my God wants me to go to hell then so be it!
Ok my darling clemingtime,I'll put a good word in for ya with the big guy!!!I see your all flustered about where you might go upon your death.Now im sticking my neck out girl you owe me big time.I got alot of clout.So dont fret about your torrid past and all the nasty things you have done.I'll have your slate cleaned.Your welcome cleming time.Thats what Im here for to help.

Location hidden

#143274 Dec 13, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Whileallatheists may have beliefs, what theyall have in common is that they do *not* havea belief ina god.
14Dec12.....

....LIAR....

Yes, they do so.

Ps:....Take away the 'salary' of the President of the American hAtheist Association and he would curse both you and GOD to da nines.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#143275 Dec 13, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Whileallatheists may have beliefs, what theyall have in common is that they do *not* havea belief ina god.
14Dec12.....

.....Bullschidt. You can't speak for ALL hAtheists.

You are a bigDime LIAR.

Ps:.....Take away da salary of the President of the American hAtheist Association and he would curse both you and GOD to da nines.

...and den sum tooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#143276 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
What ya talkin'about?
14Dec12.....

.....He is surprised at your 'filty' mouth.

Ps:....and BobLoblah does NOt like it toooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah

Location hidden

#143277 Dec 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Hughes H-4 Hercules,also knownas the "Spruce Goose." Wasbuilt out of wood, weigh 400,000 pounds, 218 feet long, wing span of 320 feet,and be five stories tall.At the time (1947) it was the largestaircraft everbuilt. It held that record for decades. Critics claimed that it was notair worthy, it was too bigand would not beable to fly because it was heavy. It wasa ship with wings. Wiki: Duringa Senate hearing onAugust 6, 1947 (the first ofa series ofappearances), Hughes said:{The Hercules wasa monumental undertaking. It is the largestaircraft everbuilt. It is over five stories tall witha wingspan longer thana football field. That's more thana city block. Now, I put the sweat of my life into this thing. I have my reputationall rolled up in itand I have stated several times that if it'sa failure I'll probably leave this countryand never come back.And I mean it}. Ifan woodenairplaneas bigasa ship can fly, then theArk could bebuiltand float.
14Dec12.....

.....and BobLoblah has 'sat' inside this von, right next to the replica image of 'ol Howard himself.

Ps:.....'ol Howard, while being a gigolo to begin with.....Katherine Hepburn, Rita Hayworth, Jane Russell...he had'em ALL..(they were interested ONLY in getting their foot inna doors of Hollywood movieLand...hence Whores)....eventually turned himself around and while 'holedUP' in his floors of a hotel outside the US of A, he oftenTimes asked his rightHand man (Noah Dietrich) to have a priest come visit him.

Note:....'ol Howard flew his Spruce Goose for only 38 seconds and took it back down on the water. When asked why he only stayed UP such a short time,'ol Howard said ..."I told the media that if my plane couldn't fly, that I would leave the US of A forever".

What a guy. Good 'ol Howard. Not tooooooooo many Howards around today. Both Bill Gates and Steven Jobs came in a little close.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#143278 Dec 13, 2012
dr fill wrote:
<quoted text>Ok my darling clemingtime,I'll put a good word in for ya with the big guy!!!I see your all flustered about where you might go upon your death.Now im sticking my neck out girl you owe me big time.I got alot of clout.So dont fret about your torrid past and all the nasty things you have done.I'll have your slate cleaned.Your welcome cleming time.Thats what Im here for to help.
Sounds like hubris.

I think that will earn YOU hell.

Location hidden

#143279 Dec 13, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Theism is the category of people who subscribe to deity based belief systems.
Atheism is the category of people who do not subscribe to deity based belief systems.
That is rather convenient, useful, and easy for some people to understand.
I worry about those that can't understand it. It's not difficult.
14Dec12.....

.....LIAR....

You don't worry about noBody or nuttin'.

Ps:....You contradict yourself. While professing to be a hatheist, then why worry about people when, according to you and your ILK, you're NOT going anywheres when you suck in your last breath anyways!!!

...You are toooooooooo selfish to worry about noBody or nuttin'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#143281 Dec 13, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
I wonderhow the Goosewould have stood up to tons of water hitting it?
14Dec12.....

.....ListenUP ya eeejit...

Ps:....'Tons of wadda' didn't HIT the Arc. It began raining and continued to do so for 40 days and 40 nights.

...DidJa ever hear tella water 'rising'.

Vell den, as the waters 'rose', so did da Arc.

Happens every dime they launch a New ship today.

Have you ever seen a launch????....BobLoblah believes dat you haven't seen anything. Anything of profound interest.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#143282 Dec 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well at leastyou know Catholics are Christians so that putsyou well above him :) I have seen some fatass lard bucket men who should wear bras! Ewwwwww!
15Dec12.....

..As fer you 'slivenLiverless'...

...'n it most certainly puts 'er above you, ya hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist..

Ps:....and schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#143283 Dec 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
If I can add a fact here, Boss continues to be, besides stupid as hell, nasty as sh*t. Hey Boss that's not ad hominem: as I said, it's the fact. Now get back toyour bible.
14Dec12.....

.....Nope. It didn't happen dat vey and there were many species of animals NOT in dat neck of da woods.

Ps:.....While the Great Flood happened, it happened in the area of Noah's country (not a country at the time). The landMass surrounding the coastlime (stretching 1000s of miles) gave away to the NorthWest and a great deluge of water came rushing into the area. Think of it like some kinda of Tsuami coupled with rains and winds. Aside from the animals that Noah placed on board (together with his family and relatives and friends.....who would you put on board!!!)....the remainder that didn't manage to get on board perished in the flood.

....Proof....birds continued to 'Fly'...and 'ol Saltie kept on chewin' down on wilderbeast and Sharks keptUP their feasts on Seals.

....River trout did well tooooo.

When the flood was over and the wadders subsided, Noah stepped out, released ALL the animals (no snakes), lit up a fire, cooked up some meat, boiled some veggies, went to bed and said 'Thank GOD' that's over....while thinking about his blinking at the RainBow on our Pale Blue Dot.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#143284 Dec 13, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
What I really need is super powers. In America, they are being challenged, and they are losing. Throughout American history, Christianity, our majority religion, has been changing, progressing, splintering, morphing, to the point where there are many disparate "Christian" beliefs. The religion has been under social pressure to adapt, because the alternative, remaining the same,would have meant elimination. We are getting to the point where social pressure is demanding changes too quickly. The religion isn't adapting fast enough. The religious aren't dropping unacceptable beliefs in enough numbers to facilitate a cultural shift within the religion. That creates a bigger divide between progressive Christians and fundamentalists, and a bigger divide between all Christians and non-believers/believers of other religions. The reasons for faith and religion in the generic sense have existed throughout recorded history. We needed those things in the past, many need them now, and many will need them in the future. These are not the only paths to knowledge, understanding, and beyond family relationships. If the entire world can attain the kind of peace and prosperity that first world nations have, we can substantially decrease the negative elements of faith and religion. The result of that will probably also be a substantial decrease in people who hold religious beliefs. That is the natural progression as I see it. We learn from our mistakes, and do better. What is truly good about religion, will persist, because people will recognize that it was actually good and beneficial. We can do it if we try!
14Dec12.....

.....You can betCher dumbAss dat you will continue to be envious and jealous when you either or see ALL hundreds of millions of the Faithful filling up the Churches around the WholeWideWorld on Christmas Eve....and Christmas Day....to celebrate the birthday of Our Dear Savior's Birth. Long may HE reign...as HE does today.

Ps:...'oh, come all yee Faithful'.

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah
dr fill

Des Plaines, IL

#143285 Dec 13, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like hubris.
I think that will earn YOU hell.
So you believe in that ancient egyptian myth too hah?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 20 min MUQ1 21,535
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 5 hr Amused 17
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 8 hr Jaimie 62
Our world came from nothing? 8 hr Thinking 438
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 19 hr Thinking 5,921
The Ultimate Evidence of God 23 hr James 68
The myth of the angry atheist Mon _Bad Company 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••