Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#143230 Dec 12, 2012
Clementia wrote:
I wish you best of luck!
What I really need is super powers.
Clementia wrote:
Well, that just shows how insecure they are about their belief. it's like they feel challenged or threatened by different beliefs or non-beliefs.
In America, they are being challenged, and they are losing. Throughout American history, Christianity, our majority religion, has been changing, progressing, splintering, morphing, to the point where there are many disparate "Christian" beliefs. The religion has been under social pressure to adapt, because the alternative, remaining the same, would have meant elimination. We are getting to the point where social pressure is demanding changes too quickly. The religion isn't adapting fast enough. The religious aren't dropping unacceptable beliefs in enough numbers to facilitate a cultural shift within the religion. That creates a bigger divide between progressive Christians and fundamentalists, and a bigger divide between all Christians and non-believers/believers of other religions.
Clementia wrote:
What good is their faith doing? They are telling their fellow human-beings that they are going to roast in hell for not believing in their daddy, who's also meant to be your and my daddy. What's the bloody point of such a belief?
The reasons for faith and religion in the generic sense have existed throughout recorded history. We needed those things in the past, many need them now, and many will need them in the future. These are not the only paths to knowledge, understanding, and beyond family relationships.
Clementia wrote:
There can't be one!!
The world has been like this and I think it's going to stay like this, all we can do is save ourselves from them!
Gambling is a sin, lol.
If the entire world can attain the kind of peace and prosperity that first world nations have, we can substantially decrease the negative elements of faith and religion. The result of that will probably also be a substantial decrease in people who hold religious beliefs. That is the natural progression as I see it. We learn from our mistakes, and do better. What is truly good about religion, will persist, because people will recognize that it was actually good and beneficial.

We can do it if we try!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#143231 Dec 12, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Along with millions of animals and to a of food and water inside to care for them with.
<quoted text>
Yeah, we all know how calm wild animals can Be!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#143232 Dec 12, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well at least you know Catholics are Christians so that puts you well above him :)
I have seen some fatass lard bucket men who should wear bras! Ewwwwww!
<quoted text>
I'm in a league of my own, sunshine, there's no comparison, LOL.

Bra's are annoying pieces of.....that give ya nothing but pain, burn them, burn them!!!!!!!

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

#143233 Dec 12, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never told you that you will burn in hell for not sharing my belief, but you keep telling people that and that makes you evil!
Don't blame the messenger. Blame the originator of the message:

Mar 9:43 And if thy hand cause thee to stumble, cut it off: it is good for thee to enter into life maimed, rather than having thy two hands to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire;
Mar 9:44 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:45 And if thy foot cause thee to stumble, cut it off: it is good for thee to enter into life halt, rather than having thy two feet to be cast into hell;
Mar 9:46 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:47 And if thine eye cause thee to stumble, cast it out: it is good for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell;
Mar 9:48 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
----------
I point you to Jesus Christ.

You obviously have a problem with hell, take it up with Jesus.

Or is it rather convenient...those verses are part of the bible, you don't believe?

Rather convenient eh?

Location hidden

#143234 Dec 12, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You can fix it, you know.
If the wiki entry is wrong, you can just go in and fix it.
I've added to and corrected a couple of entries myself.
But I don't know where to start, I'll do it wrong.

Location hidden

#143235 Dec 12, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Don't blame the messenger. Blame the originator of the message:
Mar 9:43 And if thy hand cause thee to stumble, cut it off: it is good for thee to enter into life maimed, rather than having thy two hands to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire;
Mar 9:45 And if thy foot cause thee to stumble, cut it off: it is good for thee to enter into life halt, rather than having thy two feet to be cast into hell;
Mar 9:47 And if thine eye cause thee to stumble, cast it out: it is good for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell;
----------
Or is it rather convenient...those verses are part of the bible, you don't believe?
Rather convenient eh?
JESUS DID NOT WRITE THE BIBLE!!! JESUS DID NOT SAY THAT!!!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#143236 Dec 12, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
I have a leg.
It can do almost everything my old leg could do but when I paint my toenails I still only have 5.
:(

Atl.

#143237 Dec 12, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, I already know you do!:-)
Good, don't feel sorry for me, I thank my religion and God that my thinking is not like yours!!
Lol again, alot of the educated one's have read the bible and our religion talk about it too. You are welcome to those sikhs that convert into christianity, you and they are made for each other.
I hope Jesus can cure your evilness!!
Christianity is converting sikhs too!, well praise God!!:)

Islam is already petrified by how many muslims are coming to Christ, good to see we are making inroads with your religion too.

To me it seems you're causing your anger to make you reject Jesus.

What do you gain from that? You will only die angry then the judgment. That's not healthy.

Atl.

#143238 Dec 12, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS DID NOT WRITE THE BIBLE!!! JESUS DID NOT SAY THAT!!!
But you believe the bible when it said Jesus says to love your enemies right?, or to help the poor and widow?

Atl.

#143239 Dec 12, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
Didn't read past the handle and first couple of sentences.
That's all that's necessary to see you're still stupid.
How ya been?
Besides stupid, that is.
You're lying. You read the whole post, and it pissed you the heck off LOL. good!

I have been great,'bout yourself?

Location hidden

#143240 Dec 12, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What I really need is super powers.
<quoted text>
In America, they are being challenged, and they are losing. Throughout American history, Christianity, our majority religion, has been changing, progressing, splintering, morphing, to the point where there are many disparate "Christian" beliefs. The religion has been under social pressure to adapt, because the alternative, remaining the same, would have meant elimination. We are getting to the point where social pressure is demanding changes too quickly. The religion isn't adapting fast enough. The religious aren't dropping unacceptable beliefs in enough numbers to facilitate a cultural shift within the religion. That creates a bigger divide between progressive Christians and fundamentalists, and a bigger divide between all Christians and non-believers/believers of other religions.
<quoted text>
The reasons for faith and religion in the generic sense have existed throughout recorded history. We needed those things in the past, many need them now, and many will need them in the future. These are not the only paths to knowledge, understanding, and beyond family relationships.
<quoted text>
If the entire world can attain the kind of peace and prosperity that first world nations have, we can substantially decrease the negative elements of faith and religion. The result of that will probably also be a substantial decrease in people who hold religious beliefs. That is the natural progression as I see it. We learn from our mistakes, and do better. What is truly good about religion, will persist, because people will recognize that it was actually good and beneficial.
We can do it if we try!
LOL, you could try getting bitten by a super spider? Then you can prove to me whether or not hollywood makes BS, lol.

But when did we ever need a religion telling everyone they're going to burn in hell?

I think first world countries are just as evil, but they are evil in a sophisticated way.

I'm tryin', I'm tryin', hold your horses!

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#143241 Dec 12, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I can add a fact here, Boss continues to be, besides stupid as hell, nasty as sh*t.
Hey Boss that's not ad hominem: as I said, it's the fact.
Now get back to your bible.
On the stove sets a black pot with a lid and a black kettle.

The black pot calls the kettle,ďYouíre nothing but an cheap black kettle with no glass. You donít even have a top.Ē

The Kettle looks surprised because the pot was black too. And also was cheap with no glass. Yes itís true he didnít have a pot head. But he didnít need one.

So the moral of the story, pots and pot heads need to take a close look themselves before criticizing others.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#143242 Dec 12, 2012
Clementia wrote:
LOL, you could try getting bitten by a super spider? Then you can prove to me whether or not hollywood makes BS, lol.
I don't need Spidey Sense to tell you that Hollywood makes BS.
Clementia wrote:
But when did we ever need a religion telling everyone they're going to burn in hell?
It works pretty well as a scare tactic on the ignorant and superstitious, and also children. It backfires on the "enlightened". I would recommend that Christians drop the Hell belief if they want to continue indoctrinating Americans.
Clementia wrote:
I think first world countries are just as evil, but they are evil in a sophisticated way.
I agree, but we are talking about the world that exists now. We are, for the most part, moving forward. Third world countries need to get to first world country status in order to progress even further.

Right now, I would suggest that the best way for first world countries to progress, would be to help other countries get where they are. Eliminating the very basic deficiencies in the world should be a priority.
Clementia wrote:
I'm tryin', I'm tryin', hold your horses!
"If you are listening to this, you ARE the Resistance."

Location hidden

#143243 Dec 12, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity is converting sikhs too!, well praise God!!:)
Islam is already petrified by how many muslims are coming to Christ, good to see we are making inroads with your religion too.
To me it seems you're causing your anger to make you reject Jesus.
What do you gain from that? You will only die angry then the judgment. That's not healthy.
Oh God, I'm not angry!! My religion doesn't believe in converting people, I told you that you are welcome to those sikhs, my religion and I have no problem, we don't bloody care! My belief is my belief, yours is yours, stop forcing it on people. I don't think like you christians/muslims my mind is at peace.

Do you know when the khalsa was chosen by my 10th guru didn't say come and convert and be khalsa and go to heaven, they said God wants sacrifice, give your head to God if you truly believe in your God. Out of 50,000 or so sikhs only 5 got up to give their head to God. The guru didn't kill them instead he baptised them and took baptism from them and said these are the true believers in God.

Guru/God doesn't want the sheep, other religions can have them, we want the pure one's that will die for their faith, not the cowards. When death comes I hope God gives me the strength to accept my destiny. If my God wants me to go to hell then so be it!

Location hidden

#143244 Dec 12, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>But you believe the bible when it said Jesus says to love your enemies right?, or to help the poor and widow?
No, I only believe that coz my religion says love your enemies, help the poor and the widows even if they belong to another religion! "recognise the human species as one"-GGS.

Location hidden

#143245 Dec 12, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need Spidey Sense to tell you that Hollywood makes BS.
<quoted text>
It works pretty well as a scare tactic on the ignorant and superstitious, and also children. It backfires on the "enlightened". I would recommend that Christians drop the Hell belief if they want to continue indoctrinating Americans.
<quoted text>
I agree, but we are talking about the world that exists now. We are, for the most part, moving forward. Third world countries need to get to first world country status in order to progress even further.
Right now, I would suggest that the best way for first world countries to progress, would be to help other countries get where they are. Eliminating the very basic deficiencies in the world should be a priority.
<quoted text>
"If you are listening to this, you ARE the Resistance."
NOOO, I thought it could happen, damn u hollywood u tricked me!

This hell thing is not good for kids, they use it to brainwash their lickle heads and it's difficult to get out once it's in.

Countries do shit all, it's always brave but fed up individuals that end up taking stuff into their own hands.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#143246 Dec 12, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
NOOO, I thought it could happen, damn u hollywood u tricked me!
This hell thing is not good for kids, they use it to brainwash their lickle heads and it's difficult to get out once it's in.
Countries do shit all, it's always brave but fed up individuals that end up taking stuff into their own hands.
You're smart.

Location hidden

#143247 Dec 12, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You're smart.
yh, you keep sayin' it and i might just believe it.:-)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#143248 Dec 12, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Thing is, its obvious to everyone, that they have a religion. They just feel secure deluding themselves that can prove they don't have a religion :)
With the gays, it does not matter how much they throw up gay rights and gay marriage..their lifestyle is still a sin. Sodomy is a sin.
And they may get the victory of gay marriage. But let me see them try and convince people that its not a sin.
Gays must face God. And it does not matter if they don't believe God exist. What they believe has no relevance on the existence of God. And they will have to give an account for their lifetime of practicing Sodomy.
Let God deal with them. That's why they will fight to the death mentally to make themselves believe "No God". Because if mentally they can delude themselves into thinking "No God", then they can satisfy their conscience that there will no consequence for their Sodomy.
Any Christian worth that title...knows exactly what is going on.
lol
UidiotRACEMAkeWO RLDPEACE

United States

#143249 Dec 12, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Don't blame the messenger. Blame the originator of the message:
----------
Rather convenient eh?
Your mad-man made religion , quench evil by use of fire, are you by chance pyromaniac? During the the Salem Trail for wicthcraft, not proven until but alot of innocents people where burned to death without fair trail to prove their innocences in a court of law... wow what a ugly nutty religion. Till today you xtain US fundies still killed many people around the globe ,and still waging wars worldwide

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr One way or another 5,955
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr JOEL 23,278
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr _Bad Company 214
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr thetruth 2,624
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 2 hr thetruth 3
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 2 hr thetruth 177
God' existence 2 hr thetruth 96
More from around the web