Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
137,621 - 137,640 of 224,163 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Well at least you know Catholics are Christians so that puts you well above him :)

I have seen some fatass lard bucket men who should wear bras! Ewwwwww!
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Neither do women, but for some reason we still do.
If we can do it, so can you! hehehehe

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That's a great list of atheist beliefs. Thanks!
Except hat they could be shared equally by the religious. ALL religious.

That's something that can't be said for your religion.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Along with millions of animals and to a of food and water inside to care for them with.
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how the Goose would have stood up to tons of water hitting it?

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
Didn't read past the handle and first couple of sentences.
That's all that's necessary to see you're still stupid.
How ya been?
Besides stupid, that is.
If I can add a fact here, Boss continues to be, besides stupid as hell, nasty as sh*t.

Hey Boss that's not ad hominem: as I said, it's the fact.

Now get back to your bible.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOL, NEVER TRUST WIKI, WHICH IDIOT WROTE THAT?

MIRACLES? WHAT F*CKIN' MIRACLES?

No, that is not what a sikh is.

All that is wrong! Firstly, sikh and khalsa are two different things now. I hate it when people don't read the scriptures and they make shit up.

I'll give you background to sikh scriptures later.
You can fix it, you know.

If the wiki entry is wrong, you can just go in and fix it.

I've added to and corrected a couple of entries myself.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>:)
that is exactly what I think of you and sikhism. Except I don't feel sorry for you. You have read on topix the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You reject, you have no excuse.
I feel sorry for those in your religion, that has yet to hear or read the gospel of the Christ.
lol, I already know you do!:-)

Good, don't feel sorry for me, I thank my religion and God that my thinking is not like yours!!

Lol again, alot of the educated one's have read the bible and our religion talk about it too. You are welcome to those sikhs that convert into christianity, you and they are made for each other.

I hope Jesus can cure your evilness!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Typical Christhole.
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>:)
that is exactly what I think of you and sikhism. Except I don't feel sorry for you. You have read on topix the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You reject, you have no excuse.
I feel sorry for those in your religion, that has yet to hear or read the gospel of the Christ.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
I wish you best of luck!
What I really need is super powers.
Clementia wrote:
Well, that just shows how insecure they are about their belief. it's like they feel challenged or threatened by different beliefs or non-beliefs.
In America, they are being challenged, and they are losing. Throughout American history, Christianity, our majority religion, has been changing, progressing, splintering, morphing, to the point where there are many disparate "Christian" beliefs. The religion has been under social pressure to adapt, because the alternative, remaining the same, would have meant elimination. We are getting to the point where social pressure is demanding changes too quickly. The religion isn't adapting fast enough. The religious aren't dropping unacceptable beliefs in enough numbers to facilitate a cultural shift within the religion. That creates a bigger divide between progressive Christians and fundamentalists, and a bigger divide between all Christians and non-believers/believers of other religions.
Clementia wrote:
What good is their faith doing? They are telling their fellow human-beings that they are going to roast in hell for not believing in their daddy, who's also meant to be your and my daddy. What's the bloody point of such a belief?
The reasons for faith and religion in the generic sense have existed throughout recorded history. We needed those things in the past, many need them now, and many will need them in the future. These are not the only paths to knowledge, understanding, and beyond family relationships.
Clementia wrote:
There can't be one!!
The world has been like this and I think it's going to stay like this, all we can do is save ourselves from them!
Gambling is a sin, lol.
If the entire world can attain the kind of peace and prosperity that first world nations have, we can substantially decrease the negative elements of faith and religion. The result of that will probably also be a substantial decrease in people who hold religious beliefs. That is the natural progression as I see it. We learn from our mistakes, and do better. What is truly good about religion, will persist, because people will recognize that it was actually good and beneficial.

We can do it if we try!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Along with millions of animals and to a of food and water inside to care for them with.
<quoted text>
Yeah, we all know how calm wild animals can Be!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Well at least you know Catholics are Christians so that puts you well above him :)
I have seen some fatass lard bucket men who should wear bras! Ewwwwww!
<quoted text>
I'm in a league of my own, sunshine, there's no comparison, LOL.

Bra's are annoying pieces of.....that give ya nothing but pain, burn them, burn them!!!!!!!

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never told you that you will burn in hell for not sharing my belief, but you keep telling people that and that makes you evil!
Don't blame the messenger. Blame the originator of the message:

Mar 9:43 And if thy hand cause thee to stumble, cut it off: it is good for thee to enter into life maimed, rather than having thy two hands to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire;
Mar 9:44 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:45 And if thy foot cause thee to stumble, cut it off: it is good for thee to enter into life halt, rather than having thy two feet to be cast into hell;
Mar 9:46 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:47 And if thine eye cause thee to stumble, cast it out: it is good for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell;
Mar 9:48 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
----------
I point you to Jesus Christ.

You obviously have a problem with hell, take it up with Jesus.

Or is it rather convenient...those verses are part of the bible, you don't believe?

Rather convenient eh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You can fix it, you know.
If the wiki entry is wrong, you can just go in and fix it.
I've added to and corrected a couple of entries myself.
But I don't know where to start, I'll do it wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Don't blame the messenger. Blame the originator of the message:
Mar 9:43 And if thy hand cause thee to stumble, cut it off: it is good for thee to enter into life maimed, rather than having thy two hands to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire;
Mar 9:44 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:45 And if thy foot cause thee to stumble, cut it off: it is good for thee to enter into life halt, rather than having thy two feet to be cast into hell;
Mar 9:46 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:47 And if thine eye cause thee to stumble, cast it out: it is good for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell;
Mar 9:48 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
----------
I point you to Jesus Christ.
You obviously have a problem with hell, take it up with Jesus.
Or is it rather convenient...those verses are part of the bible, you don't believe?
Rather convenient eh?
JESUS DID NOT WRITE THE BIBLE!!! JESUS DID NOT SAY THAT!!!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
I have a leg.
It can do almost everything my old leg could do but when I paint my toenails I still only have 5.
:(

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, I already know you do!:-)
Good, don't feel sorry for me, I thank my religion and God that my thinking is not like yours!!
Lol again, alot of the educated one's have read the bible and our religion talk about it too. You are welcome to those sikhs that convert into christianity, you and they are made for each other.
I hope Jesus can cure your evilness!!
Christianity is converting sikhs too!, well praise God!!:)

Islam is already petrified by how many muslims are coming to Christ, good to see we are making inroads with your religion too.

To me it seems you're causing your anger to make you reject Jesus.

What do you gain from that? You will only die angry then the judgment. That's not healthy.

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS DID NOT WRITE THE BIBLE!!! JESUS DID NOT SAY THAT!!!
But you believe the bible when it said Jesus says to love your enemies right?, or to help the poor and widow?

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
Didn't read past the handle and first couple of sentences.
That's all that's necessary to see you're still stupid.
How ya been?
Besides stupid, that is.
You're lying. You read the whole post, and it pissed you the heck off LOL. good!

I have been great,'bout yourself?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What I really need is super powers.
<quoted text>
In America, they are being challenged, and they are losing. Throughout American history, Christianity, our majority religion, has been changing, progressing, splintering, morphing, to the point where there are many disparate "Christian" beliefs. The religion has been under social pressure to adapt, because the alternative, remaining the same, would have meant elimination. We are getting to the point where social pressure is demanding changes too quickly. The religion isn't adapting fast enough. The religious aren't dropping unacceptable beliefs in enough numbers to facilitate a cultural shift within the religion. That creates a bigger divide between progressive Christians and fundamentalists, and a bigger divide between all Christians and non-believers/believers of other religions.
<quoted text>
The reasons for faith and religion in the generic sense have existed throughout recorded history. We needed those things in the past, many need them now, and many will need them in the future. These are not the only paths to knowledge, understanding, and beyond family relationships.
<quoted text>
If the entire world can attain the kind of peace and prosperity that first world nations have, we can substantially decrease the negative elements of faith and religion. The result of that will probably also be a substantial decrease in people who hold religious beliefs. That is the natural progression as I see it. We learn from our mistakes, and do better. What is truly good about religion, will persist, because people will recognize that it was actually good and beneficial.
We can do it if we try!
LOL, you could try getting bitten by a super spider? Then you can prove to me whether or not hollywood makes BS, lol.

But when did we ever need a religion telling everyone they're going to burn in hell?

I think first world countries are just as evil, but they are evil in a sophisticated way.

I'm tryin', I'm tryin', hold your horses!

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I can add a fact here, Boss continues to be, besides stupid as hell, nasty as sh*t.
Hey Boss that's not ad hominem: as I said, it's the fact.
Now get back to your bible.
On the stove sets a black pot with a lid and a black kettle.

The black pot calls the kettle,ďYouíre nothing but an cheap black kettle with no glass. You donít even have a top.Ē

The Kettle looks surprised because the pot was black too. And also was cheap with no glass. Yes itís true he didnít have a pot head. But he didnít need one.

So the moral of the story, pots and pot heads need to take a close look themselves before criticizing others.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Clementia wrote:
LOL, you could try getting bitten by a super spider? Then you can prove to me whether or not hollywood makes BS, lol.
I don't need Spidey Sense to tell you that Hollywood makes BS.
Clementia wrote:
But when did we ever need a religion telling everyone they're going to burn in hell?
It works pretty well as a scare tactic on the ignorant and superstitious, and also children. It backfires on the "enlightened". I would recommend that Christians drop the Hell belief if they want to continue indoctrinating Americans.
Clementia wrote:
I think first world countries are just as evil, but they are evil in a sophisticated way.
I agree, but we are talking about the world that exists now. We are, for the most part, moving forward. Third world countries need to get to first world country status in order to progress even further.

Right now, I would suggest that the best way for first world countries to progress, would be to help other countries get where they are. Eliminating the very basic deficiencies in the world should be a priority.
Clementia wrote:
I'm tryin', I'm tryin', hold your horses!
"If you are listening to this, you ARE the Resistance."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 2 min Patrick 217
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Growupchildren 21,392
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 10 hr DonPanic 1,285
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 13 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 13 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... Thu Patrick 16
•••
•••