Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
137,601 - 137,620 of 225,731 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Oi, dodgy looking tranny, they're axioms.
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>You're lying. Prove that you love your mother.
Prove that 1 +1 = 2; 1X1=1; 1-1=0; 1/1=1. Give us the proof of why. Do not use a book, no internet, no mathematicians and humans, just simply prove it yourself.
Now, atheists will simply believe does math equations true, just like you all believed that the world was flat and now you believe that there are "black holes" when you have no proof that there are.
Prove that there universe is more than 10,000 years old and that your time continum of 14.5 billion years is not just a false measurement of time due to time, space and laws of physics not being relative.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Men don't need to wear bras you reject. Well Fatasses like Buck may need to wear one but that's another story.
I wonder why so many believers on here are so ashamed of their religion? Remember Daffy he is the one claiming Catholics are not Christians are you agreeing with him now? Before you spoke against this.
<quoted text>
I guess it would be better in your opinion that all Christians wear their faith on their sleeves for all to see?

Not a bad idea according to the Nazis. They required all Jews wear the Star of David on the outside of their sleeves.

You want to know his particular faith so you can harass, demean, humiliate, and spew your hate. Just like the Naziís did, right?

HeĎs a person of faith, thatís all your dumb ass needs to know stink bait.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly.
And the reason why they are scared to death to admit they have beliefs, is that they do not want to deal with the issue that their beliefs could be wrong.
Because that would mean mentally acknowledging, that Christians could be right about their beliefs. Which means an eternal roasting hell for them as atheists.
Christians can't be scared of their beliefs. Because there is nothing to lose. Nothingness and oblivion, is nothing to fear.
The ironic thing is, we know they are scared about the Christian belief system. But they will argue all day here that its a myth. Then when they lay down at night, they can't help the screaming in the back of their mind....GOD. Because they know the absurdity of their mental position and they can't use science to back it.
I found out atheists are not that hard to figure out.
You sound like a very mean person.

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, they know that they have a religion, they just don't want us to know. It is like gays who claim that they do not have an agenda. Yet, they make claims about gay rights and alleged same sex marriage rights. They calim that homosexuality is not a disorder but yet without any evidence or science this is nothing more that part of their agenda to make homosexuality equal to necrophilia.
Thing is, its obvious to everyone, that they have a religion. They just feel secure deluding themselves that can prove they don't have a religion :)

With the gays, it does not matter how much they throw up gay rights and gay marriage..their lifestyle is still a sin. Sodomy is a sin.

And they may get the victory of gay marriage. But let me see them try and convince people that its not a sin.

Gays must face God. And it does not matter if they don't believe God exist. What they believe has no relevance on the existence of God. And they will have to give an account for their lifetime of practicing Sodomy.

Let God deal with them. That's why they will fight to the death mentally to make themselves believe "No God". Because if mentally they can delude themselves into thinking "No God", then they can satisfy their conscience that there will no consequence for their Sodomy.

Any Christian worth that title...knows exactly what is going on.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care what his credentials are, arguments from authority mean nothing if the information is flawed. Any REAL scientists knows that a global flood is an impossibility, and to infer that glacial melt could possible be the cause of a global flood make his credibility highly questionable. The fact that a mere child with basic scientific information can see the insurmountable problems with this premiss, says a lot. His picture of a mile high "Ice cube" stretching from CT to the north pole, and then suddenly melting to cause this flood is laughable. Just how long do you suppose it wold take that much ice to melt? Time frame is all wrong unless you want to maintain that Noah lived 20 million years ago during the Pliocene era.
It's childish and no worthy of any consideration whatsoever. If Mr. Ballard actual supports this idea, then I don't care what his credentials are, he's an idiot of the highest order. I suspect someone got ahold of something he wrote and bent and twisted it into this absurd premiss. No scientist worth his salt thinks a global flood actually happened.
You are entitled to you opinion Doctor. Iím not trying to take that away. But we in the topix community need to understand youíre not a scientist nor have a degree in science. Your degree is in the arts.

His degree is in the sciences so his opinion is worthy of consideration when it comes to science. Your profession is in the arts so if you make a statement about music composition or musicality that needs to be seriously considered because of your experience and education, right? Well the same goes for him.

You donít see him on TBN or in religious circles. He is a internationally respected scientist. You are not that far from him Doctor. Go take a short ride and have coffee with him and talk about it. You know Doctors talking to Doctors, man to man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Understanding categorical hierarchies is very basic.
Right now, I'm more interested in exposing why some believers demonstrate an inability to understand categorical hierarchies, than explaining the structure of specific hierarchies.
It has a lot to do with cognitive dissonance. Many believers realize that they are gambling a lot on a faith based position, and would like for all people to gamble with them, to make themselves feel better about their gamble. Seeing atheists, a lot of whom are not gambling on faith, disturbs them, I suspect. They'd rather see us as gamblers too, to make themselves feel better, or to quiet the cognitive dissonance within themselves. They see us not needing faith, and perhaps only subconsciously realize that they could also do without faith. In order to justify their gamble, they need to paint us as gamblers, as religious, as faith based thinkers, even though most of us probably are not. This is a delusion of thought.
I wish you best of luck!

Well, that just shows how insecure they are about their belief. it's like they feel challenged or threatened by different beliefs or non-beliefs.

What good is their faith doing? They are telling their fellow human-beings that they are going to roast in hell for not believing in their daddy, who's also meant to be your and my daddy. What's the bloody point of such a belief? There can't be one!!

The world has been like this and I think it's going to stay like this, all we can do is save ourselves from them!

Gambling is a sin, lol.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Thing is, its obvious to everyone, that they have a religion. They just feel secure deluding themselves that can prove they don't have a religion :)

With the gays, it does not matter how much they throw up gay rights and gay marriage..their lifestyle is still a sin. Sodomy is a sin.

And they may get the victory of gay marriage. But let me see them try and convince people that its not a sin.

Gays must face God. And it does not matter if they don't believe God exist. What they believe has no relevance on the existence of God. And they will have to give an account for their lifetime of practicing Sodomy.

Let God deal with them. That's why they will fight to the death mentally to make themselves believe "No God". Because if mentally they can delude themselves into thinking "No God", then they can satisfy their conscience that there will no consequence for their Sodomy.

Any Christian worth that title...knows exactly what is going on.
Bossdrip!

How the hell are ya?!

Still stupid, I see.

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Bossdrip!
How the hell are ya?!
Still stupid, I see.
you reply with ad hominems?

LOL.

You read my post, and the shoe fit huh? wear it.

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a very mean person.
Actually I'm not :)
I don't think you're a mean person just because we disagree.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Bossdrip!
How the hell are ya?!
Still stupid, I see.
He's trapped in the hell of spiritual ignorance. I feel sorry for him!

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
boss
I think you are right in the gays case
only gays bear same sin like alcoholics,adulters thiefs etc....Gal 5;17-21
wages for sin is death romans 6;23
gayse are not worse from them,and are not better to treat them as something special,
they live worse from animals,and they die reaping own dung AIDS,HIV, and all kind of f....diseases
hell with them and all sinners on this earth
pfuj
God bless you boss
How ya been Shrink!!!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
So again you are asserting Catholics are not Christians so you think Catholics do not believe in Jesus. If Catholics believe in Jesus and his biblical teachings they are Christians.
So what branch of Christianity do you align yourself with again? Stop being a chickensht coward and answer the question.
Amazing how cowardly you lot are when simply asked what religion to adhere to.
I am thinking Pentecostal holy screamer.
<quoted text>
You would be correct, and also, he thinks(or thought) that he is not Protestant. I went back and forth with him once before.

The "Catholics aren't Christian" issue came up too.

Ar Ar doesn't comprehend things too well and he often comes across as deceptive or tries to mislead, at the very least.

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>

If an wooden airplane as big as a ship can fly, then the Ark could be built and float.
An wooden airplane?

Would you then say, "a ark?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
boss
I think you are right in the gays case
only gays bear same sin like alcoholics,adulters thiefs etc....Gal 5;17-21
wages for sin is death romans 6;23
gayse are not worse from them,and are not better to treat them as something special,
they live worse from animals,and they die reaping own dung AIDS,HIV, and all kind of f....diseases
hell with them and all sinners on this earth
pfuj
God bless you boss
And what you're God? You think you've never sinned and you're perfect? Why do you think that God won't send you to hell?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to you opinion Doctor. Iím not trying to take that away. But we in the topix community need to understand youíre not a scientist nor have a degree in science. Your degree is in the arts.
His degree is in the sciences so his opinion is worthy of consideration when it comes to science. Your profession is in the arts so if you make a statement about music composition or musicality that needs to be seriously considered because of your experience and education, right? Well the same goes for him.
You donít see him on TBN or in religious circles. He is a internationally respected scientist. You are not that far from him Doctor. Go take a short ride and have coffee with him and talk about it. You know Doctors talking to Doctors, man to man.
He said, "We went in there to look for the flood," Ballard told ABC News. "Not just a slow moving, advancing rise of sea level, but a really big flood that then stayed ... the land that went under stayed under."

Not many people dispute a localized flood. Most don't believe the biblical account. Even you don't believe that!

"The questions is, was there a mother of all floods," Ballard asked.

Not one that covered the mountains, no! But locally, yeah! That was the mother of all floods!

"Through carbon dating of shells found", have you ever noticed that carbon dating is only good when the christians think it proves a bible story?

ďthe Epic of Gigamesh.Ē, yes, a much more believable story!

"The earlier Mesopotamian stories are very similar where the gods are sending a flood to wipe out humans," said biblical archaeologist Eric Cline. "There's one man they choose to survive. He builds a boat and brings on animals and lands on a mountain and lives happily ever after? I would argue that it's the same story."

What?!?! A biblical archaeologist says that it is the same story!?!? WOW!

"It's foolish to think you will ever find a ship," Ballard told ABC News, referring to the Ark. "But can you find people who were living? Can you find their villages that are underwater now? And the answer is yes."

Finding where people lived and were flooded then extrapolating that the noah story is true, is stupid!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I'm not :)
I don't think you're a mean person just because we disagree.
I have never told you that you will burn in hell for not sharing my belief, but you keep telling people that and that makes you evil!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
An wooden airplane?
Would you then say, "a ark?"
I wonder how the Goose would have stood up to tons of water hitting it?

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
He's trapped in the hell of spiritual ignorance. I feel sorry for him!
:)
that is exactly what I think of you and sikhism. Except I don't feel sorry for you. You have read on topix the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You reject, you have no excuse.

I feel sorry for those in your religion, that has yet to hear or read the gospel of the Christ.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>you reply with ad hominems?

LOL.

You read my post, and the shoe fit huh? wear it.
Sorry.

Didn't read past the handle and first couple of sentences.

That's all that's necessary to see you're still stupid.

How ya been?

Besides stupid, that is.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>He's trapped in the hell of spiritual ignorance. I feel sorry for him!
He is a pathetic sort.

It's hard to feel sorry for his willful ignorance, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••