Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,870)

Showing posts 137,381 - 137,400 of223,253
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142968
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
{How about using that money to help the poor and sick in India}.
I would agree on that much of your statement. I think helping the poor and education would be a better choice.
Maybe the people in India need to put their collective brains together and come up with a scam of their own.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-200709...

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142969
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Thinking wrote:
They suffered. End of.
<quoted text>
Don't most of us, eventually?

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142970
Dec 11, 2012
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[two thumbs up, excellent]
Your list, Eagle.

We await your list.

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142971
Dec 11, 2012
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
{How about using that money to help the poor and sick in India}.
I would agree on that much of your statement. I think helping the poor and education would be a better choice.
Why don't you get one?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142972
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Not all pastors are the same. I know of one who went to Africa as a missionary, took his pregnant wife and two daughters to live a meager subsistence in what he called a "service to God". The environment they lived in was not what you could compare to suburbs in America. I questioned him about whether he thought his work there was truly productive or beneficial in any way to his potential converts or his family. His response wasn't exactly what I expected. He said that he was doing his Christian duty to make sure the Word was heard in every nation and that everybody should have a chance to hear it. He mentioned that the main lure he used to get the natives there to attend his sermons was the offer of freebies of food and clothing. He jokingly called it "Melon day" and that his converts were "melon converts". I asked him if that wasn't a bit frustrating and how could he ever be sure that his converts were sincere if material goods were their original interest. He said that all that mattered was that they heard the "Word" and after that it was up to them, what they decided on was of no concern to him; it was their "free will" in action. He couldn't stop the handouts just because the attendees might not be sincere. Of course some of the money that was donated to his church was spent on upkeep of that building but it also went to buying all the fresh fruit and vegetables for the natives in his area. the expense had to be considerable since he was there for more than two years. He lived in places where there were no civilized amenities to speak of, no running water and the like. I know I wouldn't have wanted to be dragged around the world to live like his daughters had to, all of it just to "save souls".
12Dec12.....

....the LIAR thou art 'naNO-naNo'.

YOU have a Soul, but its BLACKened with hatred, ya hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist and schidt-for-brains.

Ps:....and den sum toooooooo.

...Why don'tCha go and visit some Missionaries from ALL Faiths who have done and continue to do such wonderful things for the Needy.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142973
Dec 11, 2012
 
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Crazy eyes!
http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/...
Who wouldn't go a little looney being a Bride of Christ?
12Dec12.....

....yer jest an envious and jealous sistaPhucka.

Ps:....and an eeejit.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142974
Dec 11, 2012
 
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>SMD!
12Dec12.....

.....'sliverDamn' says dat you don't have von.

Ps:...And if you do, you may have a good head on you but its on da tip of yer 'pencilDick'. PhuckOff ya eeejit.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142976
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle, let's see your list.
Remember, lie and you'll go to hell.
Donated 6 gallons of blood including platelets.

The platelets required at least 2 hour per secession while they separated them.(Used for cancer patients).

Red Cross donations. Every Year.

Salvation Army donations.

Food bank donations. Every Year.

Paid for medication for a couple I didnít know,$100.00 worth.

Feed the homeless in a shelter in downtown Houston for two years.

Helped fund a private School in Russia.

Supplied all the new books and computers for the school in Russia.$ 6,000.00 donation

Paid for summer camp for 30 low income kid and then volunteered to work that camp.

Opened up my home to a couple expecting a baby. They had no money and no job. They stayed for 6 months rent free.(I wasnít related to them).

Bought gasoline for people I didnít know.

Paid for new car batteries for a family.(I wasnít related to them).

Gave $200.00 to a man who broke his leg and was unable to work. He was a independent contractor.(No insurance).

Bought new clothes & shoes for low income families.

Gave $200.00 to a family who lost their house to a fire.

Bought groceries on several occasions for low income families.

Highway clean up (volunteered).

Adopted animals from the SPCA. One I still have.

Made donations to the SPCA.

Adopted stray animals.

Made countless donations to Goodwill Industries.

Regular Donor to the United Way for over 20 years. Average donation was $1200.00 per year.

None of the above examples was to family members. Thereís a much longer list for family members.

Visited the sick in hospitals. People I didnít know or wasnít related too.

All this is a partial list.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142977
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I knew I was missing something. Countless Christmas toy donations for low income families for the last 35 years.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142978
Dec 11, 2012
 
What toy do you want this year?
Eagle12 wrote:
I knew I was missing something. Countless Christmas toy donations for low income families for the last 35 years.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142979
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Not all pastors are the same. I know of one who went to Africa as a missionary, took his pregnant wife and two daughters to live a meager subsistence in what he called a "service to God". The environment they lived in was not what you could compare to suburbs in America. I questioned him about whether he thought his work there was truly productive or beneficial in any way to his potential converts or his family. His response wasn't exactly what I expected. He said that he was doing his Christian duty to make sure the Word was heard in every nation and that everybody should have a chance to hear it. He mentioned that the main lure he used to get the natives there to attend his sermons was the offer of freebies of food and clothing. He jokingly called it "Melon day" and that his converts were "melon converts". I asked him if that wasn't a bit frustrating and how could he ever be sure that his converts were sincere if material goods were their original interest. He said that all that mattered was that they heard the "Word" and after that it was up to them, what they decided on was of no concern to him; it was their "free will" in action. He couldn't stop the handouts just because the attendees might not be sincere. Of course some of the money that was donated to his church was spent on upkeep of that building but it also went to buying all the fresh fruit and vegetables for the natives in his area. the expense had to be considerable since he was there for more than two years. He lived in places where there were no civilized amenities to speak of, no running water and the like. I know I wouldn't have wanted to be dragged around the world to live like his daughters had to, all of it just to "save souls".
Religious organizations, if they want to help the world, should hand their money over to secular organizations that know what they are doing.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142980
Dec 11, 2012
 
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Do you somehow take perverse pleasure in being totally classless, or is it standard fare for that part of the country? Elegance, Sophistication, and social graces, appear to be non-existent with you.
Silly troll, elegance, sophistication & social graces are open for interpretation. YOU don't get to define them based on your little world.

Understanding, empathy & social interaction is lost on you.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142981
Dec 11, 2012
 
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't advertise that way.
Atheist Ad: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jan/21/a...

Religious Ad: http://ldsmediatalk.com/wp-content/uploads/20...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142982
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Donated 6 gallons of blood including platelets.
The platelets required at least 2 hour per secession while they separated them.(Used for cancer patients).
Red Cross donations. Every Year.
Salvation Army donations.
Food bank donations. Every Year.
Paid for medication for a couple I didnít know,$100.00 worth.
Feed the homeless in a shelter in downtown Houston for two years.
Helped fund a private School in Russia.
Supplied all the new books and computers for the school in Russia.$ 6,000.00 donation
Paid for summer camp for 30 low income kid and then volunteered to work that camp.
Opened up my home to a couple expecting a baby. They had no money and no job. They stayed for 6 months rent free.(I wasnít related to them).
Bought gasoline for people I didnít know.
Paid for new car batteries for a family.(I wasnít related to them).
Gave $200.00 to a man who broke his leg and was unable to work. He was a independent contractor.(No insurance).
Bought new clothes & shoes for low income families.
Gave $200.00 to a family who lost their house to a fire.
Bought groceries on several occasions for low income families.
Highway clean up (volunteered).
Adopted animals from the SPCA. One I still have.
Made donations to the SPCA.
Adopted stray animals.
Made countless donations to Goodwill Industries.
Regular Donor to the United Way for over 20 years. Average donation was $1200.00 per year.
None of the above examples was to family members. Thereís a much longer list for family members.
Visited the sick in hospitals. People I didnít know or wasnít related too.
All this is a partial list.
Woah.

One time I held in a fart in an elevator....

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142983
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Not all pastors are the same. I know of one who went to Africa as a missionary, took his pregnant wife and two daughters to live a meager subsistence in what he called a "service to God". The environment they lived in was not what you could compare to suburbs in America. I questioned him about whether he thought his work there was truly productive or beneficial in any way to his potential converts or his family. His response wasn't exactly what I expected. He said that he was doing his Christian duty to make sure the Word was heard in every nation and that everybody should have a chance to hear it. He mentioned that the main lure he used to get the natives there to attend his sermons was the offer of freebies of food and clothing. He jokingly called it "Melon day" and that his converts were "melon converts". I asked him if that wasn't a bit frustrating and how could he ever be sure that his converts were sincere if material goods were their original interest. He said that all that mattered was that they heard the "Word" and after that it was up to them, what they decided on was of no concern to him; it was their "free will" in action. He couldn't stop the handouts just because the attendees might not be sincere. Of course some of the money that was donated to his church was spent on upkeep of that building but it also went to buying all the fresh fruit and vegetables for the natives in his area. the expense had to be considerable since he was there for more than two years. He lived in places where there were no civilized amenities to speak of, no running water and the like. I know I wouldn't have wanted to be dragged around the world to live like his daughters had to, all of it just to "save souls".
Well, that's what it's all about, isn't it? Personal sacrifice, selflessness and putting the needs of others ahead of those of your own versus selfishness?

Some simply see a need and rise to the challenge of filling it, selflessly.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142984
Dec 11, 2012
 
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
Would you like to make a point?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142985
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to make a point?
Not at the moment...just a question. Why do atheists advertise or promote their belief system?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142986
Dec 11, 2012
 
Eagle12 wrote:
Life-sized Noah's Ark launches
A full-scale replica of Noah's Ark has opened its doors to the public in the Netherlands.(Dec. 10)
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/life-sized-noah-...
Oh, dear.

It's not a replica.

It's not "launched": it's sitting at a damn dock.

It's a total fake.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142987
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
There were cod-pieces?
How did I miss that?
The only movie I dislike more is The Butterfly Effect.
"Minority Report" came close.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142988
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
I got a good laugh at the atheist ad: "There's probably no God"

HA HA HA HA!!!!

What an argument, huh?

And Dick Dawkins is standing there admiring the ad........

He's thinking " Yup, this'll work!"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 137,381 - 137,400 of223,253
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••