Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
137,281 - 137,300 of 226,235 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Good thinking :)

I have heard the battlefield earth novel is better than the movie. I caught the movie on Netflix for laughs, check out the nostalgia critic's review on it.

:)

P.S. scientologists are batsht insane and even many of Hubbard's own friends say when it came to Scientology Hubbard was a wicked man because he didn't even believe in it but just wanted to take advantage of the weak minded.
Thinking wrote:
Nobody cares what a braindead poster thinks of a dead writer.
<quoted text>
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
Life-sized Noah's Ark launches
A full-scale replica of Noah's Ark has opened its doors to the public in the Netherlands.(Dec. 10)
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/life-sized-noah-...
Why would any go to the trouble of making a replica of a mythical vessel? We know that no such vessel could have possible been seaworthy, we know that science has shown that no such event could have possibly taken place, so why would anyone waste time and money on what amount to a children's story? Why don't they make an exact replica of Santa's workshop replete with elves and flying reindeer?

How about using that money to help the poor and sick in India. The one's that Mother the demon Theresa failed to help. She thought suffering brought people closer to God. In the end she realized how evil she was and denounced her faith.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Hitchens won awards for his charity work. Shelves of awards. How many have you received?

I guess as usual you just pull stuff out if your Christhole.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect what you are saying. I don’t know if there were any improprieties. I just find it hard to believe what a slob would say,(Hitchens). Who never in his entire life did anything for anyone other than himself.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Why would any go to the trouble of making a replica of a mythical vessel? We know that no such vessel could have possible been seaworthy, we know that science has shown that no such event could have possibly taken place, so why would anyone waste time and money on what amount to a children's story? Why don't they make an exact replica of Santa's workshop replete with elves and flying reindeer?
How about using that money to help the poor and sick in India. The one's that Mother the demon Theresa failed to help. She thought suffering brought people closer to God. In the end she realized how evil she was and denounced her faith.
Thank you for responding to me doctor.[tips hat] Scientists make mistakes with science. We can't be sure our science is more accurate than the bible.

Next time I'll tell you about the Emperor who had no clothes. It shows atheist don't understand.

Bless you.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

As usual you rabidly defend believers while attacking non believers. Well it's just nice that you stopped pretending to be an agnostic. That was humiliating for you.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hitchens was too busy trying to get his sausage smoked to care about anybody else.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure she contributed to the plight of the poor and sick in India. I don't think she made them sicker or poorer. Perhaps she helped them in her time or perhaps she didn't. I don't think she made them any worse off.

She was just a woman.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure she contributed to the plight of the poor and sick in India. I don't think she made them sicker or poorer. Perhaps she helped them in her time or perhaps she didn't. I don't think she made them any worse off.
She was just a woman.
Don't defend Mother Theresa you might get labeled a creationist.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Don't defend Mother Theresa you might get labeled a creationist.
A Chinese homosexual, atheist, creationist.

Yep. That's me !!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Don't defend Mother Theresa you might get labeled a creationist.
Creationists are fun, especially the ones that aren't prepared for the dinosaur questions.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
A Chinese homosexual, atheist, creationist.
Yep. That's me !!
Damn...Sucks to be you, lol! ;O)

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists are fun, especially the ones that aren't prepared for the dinosaur questions.
Everyone knows that the devil buried dinosaur bones in order to confuse us.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XyF9j-qeOLU/Sb64RX7...

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone knows that the devil buried dinosaur bones in order to confuse us.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XyF9j-qeOLU/Sb64RX7...
Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

I don't know how Hubbard's estate works but I don't want to buy any of his books in case one penny goes to scientology.

No wonder US tax coffers are so empty when you've got Travolta and Cruise evading paying taxes to the country that has given them everything.
Givemeliberty wrote:
Good thinking :)
I have heard the battlefield earth novel is better than the movie. I caught the movie on Netflix for laughs, check out the nostalgia critic's review on it.
:)
P.S. scientologists are batsht insane and even many of Hubbard's own friends say when it came to Scientology Hubbard was a wicked man because he didn't even believe in it but just wanted to take advantage of the weak minded.
<quoted text>

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Thinking wrote:
I don't know how Hubbard's estate works but I don't want to buy any of his books in case one penny goes to scientology.
No wonder US tax coffers are so empty when you've got Travolta and Cruise evading paying taxes to the country that has given them everything.
<quoted text>
You watched this?

Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Dreadful... I saw the pair of them reunited the other day hawking out their ancient wares. It was sh!t in the 50s, they were sh!t in the 70s, we don't need it a 3rd time!
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You watched this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tPRHEqfm1JYXX

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure she contributed to the plight of the poor and sick in India. I don't think she made them sicker or poorer. Perhaps she helped them in her time or perhaps she didn't. I don't think she made them any worse off.

She was just a woman.
The problem was, that she withheld pain medication from people who desperately needed it because of her twisted religious concept that suffering was beautiful. And she diverted charity money meant for the poor and destitute, who also desperately needed it, to the Vatican, which is probably one of the biggest wastes of money on the world.

She wasn't intentionally evil. She was brainwashed evil.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>As usual you rabidly defend believers while attacking non believers. Well it's just nice that you stopped pretending to be an agnostic. That was humiliating for you.
She claimed to be agnostic?!

I don't read many of her posts, but I've always assumed she was Christian.

I didn't think she had the guts to state her position.
Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

100% agree. I think she *thought* she was doing the right thing. But the regime she enforced was brutal in the extreme.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem was, that she withheld pain medication from people who desperately needed it because of her twisted religious concept that suffering was beautiful. And she diverted charity money meant for the poor and destitute, who also desperately needed it, to the Vatican, which is probably one of the biggest wastes of money on the world.
She wasn't intentionally evil. She was brainwashed evil.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
***Meet Wilma, the first reconstruction of a Neanderthal created using evidence from fossil anatomy and ancient DNA.
Neanderthals were a species of human that became extinct 28,000 years ago. The lifesize model was created to illustrate “The Last of the Neanderthals,” the cover article in the October 2008 issue of National Geographic magazine.
The article, written by Steve Hall and photographed by David Liittschwager and Joe McNally, explores what caused Neanderthals, who dominated Eurasia for more than 200,000 years, to vanish in the Ice Age, while our modern human ancestors survived.
Wilma’s skeleton was built using replicas of a pelvis and cranial anatomy from Neanderthal females combined with parts from a cast of a composite skeleton of a male from the American Museum of Natural History in New York. Calculations were made to reduce the male bone sizes to female dimensions.
Paleo-artists and scientific consultants, overseen by National Geographic magazine’s senior science editor Jamie Shreeve, used evidence of ancient DNA preserved in cannibalized bones that suggested that at least some Neanderthals would have had red hair, pale skin and possibly freckles.
http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2008/... ***
I'm more likely related to Wilma seeing as I have red hair, freckles and blue eyes....
12Dec12.....

.....You are, more-than-likely, related to the Irish and especially da Scottish.

Ps:.....There are thousands of Afghanistaniis with 'Red' hair. It stems from all the shaggin' around the Scottish soldiers did when stationed there during the 'ol Colonial dimes.

....Red heads popUP all over Africa toooooooo. BobLoblah, while in Ghana, ha an engineering person from 'da localle'....as black as the Ace of spades....yet with Real Red Hair. He told BobLoblah that his daddy came from Scotland and 'diddled' his mommy while working there. Of course, these hypocrites usually takeUP with a local gal until their time of departure. Then they throw a few coins at 'er and dat's da end of the affair. Thr Scottish are as 'tight as a frog's arseHole in winter'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Try Misfits. I love it. You'll find all 3 seasons on Hulu.
12Dec12.....

.....Yes.

Ps:.....Clarke Gable, Marilyn Monre, and Eli Wallach did a bangUP job in 'Misfits'. 5-star performance.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Patrick 21,497
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 1 hr Patrick 10
100% Faith Free 1 hr Patrick 8
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 1 hr Patrick 26
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 3 hr Patrick 10
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 6 hr USN Atheist 39
Our world came from nothing? 7 hr NightSerf 399
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••