Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Thinking

Andover, UK

#142802 Dec 10, 2012
Agreed on Theresa. Hitchens wrote that terminally ill patients were kept in squalor, pain relief was restricted to paracetamol. And where did all the money go? Not on the poor, that's for sure...
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Theresa was a witch, and evil monster that should never have been allowed near a patient, let alone children. Sadism is very much a tenet of christianity.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#142803 Dec 10, 2012
I only saw the film. I'm amazed they could get the Harriers to fly after so many years in storage. They were hard enough to start up when they were new.

I can only wonder what Travolta got from the whole mad experience. Maybe Scientology's CFO needed a huge box office failure for some arcane reason.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hubbard sucked as a writer.
Admit it, the gargantuan cod-pieces were what fascinated you most.
xD
Thinking

Andover, UK

#142804 Dec 10, 2012
Nobody cares what a braindead poster thinks of a dead writer.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hubbard sucked as a writer.
Admit it, the gargantuan cod-pieces were what fascinated you most.
xD

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#142805 Dec 10, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr Who (new), Haven, Arrow, Dollhouse, Eureka, Games of Throne, Grimm... these days we are spoiled.
But Firefly was and is number one.
BTW Did you know that they may start up again?
The acting and directing made Firefly so boring I couldn't get into it enough to finish the first episode.

Dr Who and Eureka employed decent actors and special effects but their target audience was mostly kids.

BTW, Dr Who is supposed to have a special Christmas episode.:)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#142806 Dec 10, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Agreed on Theresa. Hitchens wrote that terminally ill patients were kept in squalor, pain relief was restricted to paracetamol. And where did all the money go? Not on the poor, that's for sure...
<quoted text>
I haven't read Hitchens' views on here, I haven't read anything from Hitchens actually. But it's pretty much common knowledge of the atrocities she purported while in the guise of "helping" people. Even Penn and Teller couldn't ignore adding her history to one of their fact based shows. NatGeo even did a biography on here. She was that horrible of a person.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#142807 Dec 10, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s true the hospice patients lived in squalor. But we’re talking Calcutta India. The average person lives in squalor. The garbage trucks go down the streets and pick up the dead bodies. There’s not enough money in the world to bring Calcutta from the brink of squalor. 14 million people live there.

Christopher Hitchens - What was his contribution to the indigent? Was he there in the trenches with this Dear women helping? Did he win the Nobel Peace Prize? No, he kicked back and drank his whisky and complained about her with a cigarette in his hand.

The do nothings complaining about the do somethings. How noble of this man Hitchens. Then his followers who are also do nothings join his cause. Look, I didn’t know Mother Teresa. Her helping the poor was not to gain fame and fortune.

She was in the filth and the stench everyday for pennies a day trying to do something for these poor people. Who in the hell can criticize someone for that?

A. Hitchens.

Southern Illinois

#142808 Dec 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Theresa was a witch, and evil monster that should never have been allowed near a patient, let alone children. Sadism is very much a tenet of christianity.
And your contribution to the indigent is what?

Who can criticize someone who helps minister to the poor?

How many have you helped in hospice care?

The do nothings always are cocky and complain about the do somethings.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#142809 Dec 10, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s true the hospice patients lived in squalor. But we’re talking Calcutta India. The average person lives in squalor. The garbage trucks go down the streets and pick up the dead bodies. There’s not enough money in the world to bring Calcutta from the brink of squalor. 14 million people live there.
Christopher Hitchens - What was his contribution to the indigent? Was he there in the trenches with this Dear women helping? Did he win the Nobel Peace Prize? No, he kicked back and drank his whisky and complained about her with a cigarette in his hand.
The do nothings complaining about the do somethings. How noble of this man Hitchens. Then his followers who are also do nothings join his cause. Look, I didn’t know Mother Teresa. Her helping the poor was not to gain fame and fortune.
She was in the filth and the stench everyday for pennies a day trying to do something for these poor people. Who in the hell can criticize someone for that?
A. Hitchens.
Hitchens was too busy trying to get his sausage smoked to care about anybody else.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#142810 Dec 10, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A lawyer was riding his donkey to court. A man yells,“nice ass.” The lawyer tips his sombrero and says,“gracias.” An observer asked the man,“who were you referring too?”“The dumb ass of course,” the man replied followed by a smile.
The moral of the story? When riding a dumb ass, always be sure there is a noticeable distinction between ass and man.
"Who were you referring too?"

What does that mean in English?

Southern Illinois

#142811 Dec 10, 2012
Life-sized Noah's Ark launches
A full-scale replica of Noah's Ark has opened its doors to the public in the Netherlands.(Dec. 10)

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/life-sized-noah-...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#142812 Dec 10, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
A full-scale replica of Noah's Ark has opened its doors to the public in the Netherlands.(Dec. 10)
How the f do you know it's life size??

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#142813 Dec 10, 2012
Put two t-rex's skeleton's into it along with two whale skeletons into it. Then try and cram the rest of the all the species on the planet into your "life size ark"
Thinking

Andover, UK

#142814 Dec 10, 2012
You're always the simple one. India's creating more millionaires than the US- there is money enough.

Palliative care does not equal paracetamol plus a baptism against the will of dying person's family.

Teresa took blood money from Charles Keating.

Teresa supported Indira Gandhi's suspension of civil liberties.

Teresa was a money laundering tool for the vatican. End of.

Good riddance. Cue Elton John singing "Sandals in the Bin"
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A. Hitchens.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#142815 Dec 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't read Hitchens' views on here, I haven't read anything from Hitchens actually. But it's pretty much common knowledge of the atrocities she purported while in the guise of "helping" people. Even Penn and Teller couldn't ignore adding her history to one of their fact based shows. NatGeo even did a biography on here. She was that horrible of a person.
She believed that suffering was beautiful and Christlike.

She was a good person who was brutally and tragically warped by her beliefs and religion.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#142816 Dec 10, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>ItÂ’s true the hospice patients lived in squalor. But weÂ’re talking Calcutta India. The average person lives in squalor. The garbage trucks go down the streets and pick up the dead bodies. ThereÂ’s not enough money in the world to bring Calcutta from the brink of squalor. 14 million people live there.

The do nothings complaining about the do somethings. How noble of this man Hitchens. Then his followers who are also do nothings join his cause. Look, I didnÂ’t know Mother Teresa. Her helping the poor was not to gain fame and fortune.

A. Hitchens.
Unfortunately, she was duped into doing more for the Vatican than the indigent and suffering.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#142817 Dec 10, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>And your contribution to the indigent is what?

Who can criticize someone who helps minister to the poor?

How many have you helped in hospice care?

The do nothings always are cocky and complain about the do somethings.
She could have, and would have, done more if she hadn't been so critically damaged by religion.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#142818 Dec 10, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>"Who were you referring too?"

What does that mean in English?
I'm not sure, but I think turkey12 is trying to be funny.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#142819 Dec 10, 2012
Looks pretty small. Wouldn't get many of the world's animals on that.
Eagle12 wrote:

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#142820 Dec 10, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:

A farce rivaled only by the creation museum.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#142821 Dec 10, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>How the f do you know it's life size??
And here's what Kentucky will be spending taxpayer dollars on:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/24/taxpayers...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Patrick 703
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 6 hr Dally Mama 5,587
Heaven 8 hr susanblange 2
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 10 hr Patrick 7
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 10 hr Patrick 152
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 18 hr Patrick 140
Is Religion Childish? 22 hr Patrick 3

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE