Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,852)

Showing posts 137,021 - 137,040 of218,181
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

The Supreme Court of the United States is going to take up the case of same sex marriage. What does this have to do with atheism? Apparently a lot since most if not all the topix atheist are liberals. The Supreme Court could swing the pendulum in either direction.

When the Supreme Court rules itís going to set a precedence. It will become law of the land until the Supreme Court takes it up again in a few years. Something tells me thereís going to be a lot of unhappy campers after their ruling.

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
The Supreme Court of the United States is going to take up the case of same sex marriage. What does this have to do with atheism? Apparently a lot since most if not all the topix atheist are liberals. The Supreme Court could swing the pendulum in either direction.
When the Supreme Court rules itís going to set a precedence. It will become law of the land until the Supreme Court takes it up again in a few years. Something tells me thereís going to be a lot of unhappy campers after their ruling.
Precedent, Eagle.

When the Supreme Court rules, it will set precedent.

Not precedence--precedent.

You'll have to hold your breath for the result..

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Precedent, Eagle.
When the Supreme Court rules, it will set precedent.
Not precedence--precedent.
You'll have to hold your breath for the result..
Which way do you predict it's going to fall?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

This is for believers in this thread that still don't understand atheism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
Liberal and conservative has nothing to do with allowing gay marriage, it's a Republican versus Democrat argument. No true conservative wants more laws, therefore, no true conservative would want any laws banning something that influences personal lives and has no impact on anyone else. Liberals should, but they don't for some reason, want more laws forcing gay marriage or something like that. Bans are more laws, more government, and more intrusion in our personal lives, that goes against every conservative ideal, and why I do not support bans.

Republicans are just idiots with god delusions, most Democrats are just lesser idiots with god delusions, a few of the Democrats lack the delusion. Most atheists are probably just choosing Democrats as the lesser of two evils because we're not stupid enough to think that anyone with a god delusion is actually fit to run a country, much less tell anyone how to live.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Thinking wrote:
So why does Secularism worry religious leaders so?
<quoted text>
08Dec12.....

.....ListenUp 'dimKing'...ya Fuckwit.

Ps:....Ya have NO wit.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a misconception. Atheists have beliefs about lots of things, just like everyone else. The difference is that those beliefs are based on reality, and not on supernatural things.
08Dec12.....

.....So vit 'dirt' being a Reality...

Ps:....WHO made da dirt???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, I'm not even sure if his bike is a bullet or a Yahmaha, I know it's one of those two though. He's got the top one tho, coz he always shows it off and says my bikes the best. It's a really nice bike. I know nice when I see it!!
I don't really understand the engine size stuff, I only sit on it. I only know about my cars engine size coz i have to buy the road tax for it.
08Dec12.....

.....Wow!!!!

Ps:....Now dat's a berry goot explanation of why your friend has the 'best' bike....and it goes fast (as you said before' because it looks nice.

The engine-Size stuff is EveryDing.

Less than 500cc is considered small Stuff.

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Lmfao an old Man's blindness doh! It's ok Christholes jump on the iPhone auto spelling error, that's about all you got.
<quoted text>
08Dec12.....

.....Reported.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
.....just choosing Democrats as the lesser of two evils because we're not stupid enough to think that anyone with a god delusion is actually fit to run a country, much less tell anyone how to live.
That's been my process for the last 20 years. It's like choosing between suicide and a firing squad sometimes.

"No blindfold. I don't want to miss the last important event on my life."
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

It's similar over here. I vote against, not for.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal and conservative has nothing to do with allowing gay marriage, it's a Republican versus Democrat argument. No true conservative wants more laws, therefore, no true conservative would want any laws banning something that influences personal lives and has no impact on anyone else. Liberals should, but they don't for some reason, want more laws forcing gay marriage or something like that. Bans are more laws, more government, and more intrusion in our personal lives, that goes against every conservative ideal, and why I do not support bans.
Republicans are just idiots with god delusions, most Democrats are just lesser idiots with god delusions, a few of the Democrats lack the delusion. Most atheists are probably just choosing Democrats as the lesser of two evils because we're not stupid enough to think that anyone with a god delusion is actually fit to run a country, much less tell anyone how to live.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That's been my process for the last 20 years. It's like choosing between suicide and a firing squad sometimes.
"No blindfold. I don't want to miss the last important event on my life."
Another apt descriptive. Yes, it does seem like those are the real choices lately. Even I became too comfortably numb to the reality of it and just kept the routine hoping no one mistook me for the next target on their practice range. Medical emergency sort of shocked me into realizing that this country is messed up because too many of us kept going through the routine for the same reason, just hoping we don't get screwed. Now I tell people, vote third, or fourth, or fifth party on your local elections, chance the balance of power, put some people who might actually do their jobs into all the offices, otherwise this country is completely lost.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Another apt descriptive. Yes, it does seem like those are the real choices lately. Even I became too comfortably numb to the reality of it and just kept the routine hoping no one mistook me for the next target on their practice range. Medical emergency sort of shocked me into realizing that this country is messed up because too many of us kept going through the routine for the same reason, just hoping we don't get screwed. Now I tell people, vote third, or fourth, or fifth party on your local elections, chance the balance of power, put some people who might actually do their jobs into all the offices, otherwise this country is completely lost.
Most people don't even vote for their school board members, the largest spenders of local taxes and managers of education (first bastion for/against creationism, etc.). Usually it is no more than a popularity contest among the idle rich and powerful.
Oh wait! That is all of American politics.
Never mind. Pass the blindfold, I can't watch anymore. <head on desk>

Did you know the Amish don;t teach religion in their schools here and that they are open to the public ?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>And it's a perfect example of it's self correcting nature.
RR would rather stick with an ancient system of known, but in changing, flaws.

It's his comfort zone.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:

When the Supreme Court rules it’s going to set a precedence. It will become law of the land until the Supreme Court takes it up again in a few years. Something tells me there’s going to be a lot of unhappy campers after their ruling.
Yeah.

You're going to be one of them.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
This is for believers in this thread that still don't understand atheism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Great video.

Very compelling, but it won't sway the hardcore believer.

It will just piss him off. Truth does that to the desperately faithful.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>08Dec12.....

.....So vit 'dirt' being a Reality...

Ps:....WHO made da dirt???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Not who.

What.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Well..... Kinda, sorta, a lil bit.

Religion is a pursuit or interest that someone ascribes a lot if importance to. Evidence is not a driving factor or motivator, which is why religion requires faith.

Your description of science is close enough. It seems though, that many atheists kinda have a "belief system" instilled in their minds. Like science is a perfect & flawless system to have faith in.

I won't throw a fit, maybe shit, but not a fit.
Name one atheist-hell, name ANYBODY-who thinks science is a perfect and flawless system.

You're lying for Jesus again.

Jesus kills a puppy every time you lie.

Why do you hate puppies?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I know that, but don't you know that many religious people are skeptics, too? I'm one of them. I want answers, I want truth.

Science can not provide answers to all if our questions. It's a bug part yes, but it's not the whole.

There can be no scientific method applied to any non-scientific topic.
You don't want truth.

You want to be rescued from death.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

entrenched wrote:
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Cures all
Unfortunately, no it doesn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 137,021 - 137,040 of218,181
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••