Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,848)

Showing posts 136,941 - 136,960 of223,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Perth, Western Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Btw why are so many believers on here terrified to say what brand of Christianity they belong to?
<quoted text>
Perhaps they realise that regardless of packaging or taste all Fruitloops are still Fruitloops?

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Personally I just think they are ashamed to say. This is actually a good thing in the long run as their faith causes them humiliation instead of pride.
Luke1981 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps they realise that regardless of packaging or taste all Fruitloops are still Fruitloops?
dr fill

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible thumper is a pejorative term used to describe Christians in general, especially someone perceived as aggressively pushing their religion.
I don't know any of those.....
And "atheists are the honest people"?!?
LMAO!
Topix atheists sure don't have that trait.
Well the simple fact that they dont believe in thin air and invisible sky gods that love them but never visit them are proof of their honesty.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mind is like a computer that has been corrupted with a destructive virus. The virus is in control of your thoughts. You are just the caboose. Riding along where the virus takes you. A deep cleansing is the only way to be rid of this virus.
Of course the virus doesn’t want that. It wants to remain control of your mind. So it remains an active defiant virus trying to reduplicate itself in others. I know that if you had the deep cleansing. You would be a new creature with a pure heart of gold.
Have you looked at your religion lately? It looks exactly like the virus you are describing.

Religion is a memetic virus.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya well, it didn't.
Be careful, your atheist shows every time you think.....
Lol!

You're too much, RR. You really are the hypocrite's hypocrite.

Catholics are christian.

Deal with it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Some atheists are agnostics.
Al atheists are wrong.
Your stupid is showing.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
How can one deny "nothing?" We believe in no gods, the word atheism is a definition for a nothing, an absence. If you can make up stuff about "nothing" more power to you, it's still made up because nothing means just that, nothing. We don't believe in any god, we're just one up on you is all.
08Dec12.....

.....There is NO such thingy as an atheist...

.....Agnostic - YES

.....hAtheist - YES

.....atheist - NO

.....wannabee hAtheist - YES

Ps:.....WHO made da dirt!!!!!....ya schidt-for-brains???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

08Dec12.....

..NOTE:

For the benefit of posters who are posting new messages and in order for their message to be pertinent to a message 'received'.......

....it's advantageous that instead of beginning a response by saying (for example)'you'....etcetera,.... that instead type 'you' kittenkoder...etcetera.

In that way, posters reading up on your messages will know to whom you are directing your messaage and / or comment.

Ps:....Of course, lots and lottsa schidt-for-brains vill have no idea vot is being said here and will continue on 'without a clue' jest wasting their dimes.

'...always remember dat wherever you go...there you are'(bobloblah)

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle, I congratulate you.
You did it.
You really did, and I'm proud of you.
You put together a complete sentence.
Good job, dude.
Good job.
Now let's see if he can do it with more than 7 words.

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Now let's see if he can do it with more than 7 words.
Let's go one step at a time.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
... oh so you abridged it, still making up a lot of stuff about nothing. I give you credit, it takes skill to make up stuff about a literal nothing.
Yes, atheism is a literal nothing.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

So why does Secularism worry religious leaders so?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a misconception. Atheists have beliefs about lots of things, just like everyone else. The difference is that those beliefs are based on reality, and not on supernatural things.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism = Evolution = Speculative Science
Theism = myths, fantasies, and magic = well.........Myths, fantasies, and magic.

For all those who think prayers are answered, and I laughed my ass off at this one. Some poor guys went to a giant concrete crucifix everyday to pray for his sick wife. He did this for a year, she died anyway. He then asked the church if he could clean the statue as it was covered with bird shit and grim. Of course they gave him permission. The next day he showed up with bucket and brushes in hand. As he started his cleaning, the statue, apparently not well secured , toppled over and crushed him to death. Yeah I know, God wanted him to be with his wife, the one he refused to save from a year of agony.

This just goes to show the mindset Theists have regarding answered prayers. If something good happens then the prayers have been answered. If the prayers aren't answered and something horrible happens, they ALWAYS find a way to justify the evil and being part of God's plan. This is exactly how the parish priest explained it. "God wanted his wife in heaven, and then knew how miserable the husband was without his wife so God took him to be with her." How about LEAVING BOTH OF THEM THE F--K ALONE AND LET THEM BE HAPPY. There appears to be no end the religious bullshit that gets heaped higher and higher. Pitiful!!!!!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's your atheist doctrine.
1. There is something called "Faith" which can be defined as unjustified belief held in the teeth of the evidence. Faith is primarily a matter of false propositional belief.
2. The cure for faith is science: The existence of God is a scientific question: either he exists or he doesn't. "Science is the only way of knowing – everything else is just superstition" [Robert L. Park]
3. Science is the opposite of religion, and will lead people into the clear sunlit uplands of reason. "The real war is between rationalism and superstition. Science is but one form of rationalism, while religion is the most common form of superstition" [Jerry Coyne] "I am not attacking any particular version of God or gods. I am attacking God, all gods, anything and everything supernatural, wherever and whenever they have been or will be invented." [Dawkins]
4. Religion exists. It is essentially something like American fundamentalist protestantism, or Islam. More moderate forms are false and treacherous: if anything even more dangerous, because they conceal the raging, homicidal lunacy that is religion's true nature.[Sam Harris]
5. Faith, as defined above, is the most dangerous and wicked force on earth today and the struggle against it and especially against Islam will define the future of humanity.[atheists]
Moronic, I know. But that's atheists for ya!
Exactly which part of this is moronic? I'll grant that the moderate religionists can be fine as long as they don't push their beliefs on others. The fundies are the worst in my book (and yes, I know Harris disagrees with me).

Other than that, which parts are false?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, a literal nothing cannot have a "doctrine," it cannot be a club, it cannot be a religion, it can only describe something that is not there. Thank you for admitting that, finally.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>08Dec12.....
.....There is NO such thingy as an atheist...
.....Agnostic - YES
.....hAtheist - YES
.....atheist - NO
.....wannabee hAtheist - YES
Ps:.....WHO made da dirt!!!!!....ya schidt-for-brains???
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Sol's father did.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>08Dec12.....
.....vot's da Engine size???
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I don't know, I'm not even sure if his bike is a bullet or a Yahmaha, I know it's one of those two though. He's got the top one tho, coz he always shows it off and says my bikes the best. It's a really nice bike. I know nice when I see it!!

I don't really understand the engine size stuff, I only sit on it. I only know about my cars engine size coz i have to buy the road tax for it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
So why does Secularism worry religious leaders so?
<quoted text>
They love you and they want you in Heaven with them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a misconception. Atheists have beliefs about lots of things, just like everyone else. The difference is that those beliefs are based on reality, and not on supernatural things.
Tell that to Koder

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 136,941 - 136,960 of223,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••