Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#142468 Dec 6, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, a scooter is a scooter, a bullet is a motorcycle.
A bullet is also a sex toy, and ammunition.

Riding a bullet suddenly takes on new meanings.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#142469 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the grammatical errors included in the "stories" are hilarious. especially since they were put in there on purpose to make the scam seem more authentic yet all it really does is make you look like a backwater hick when you speak, or type, like that in reality. Because only stupid people "doesn't know English proper liek."
Giving an insult is like relieving a pus-filled boil. The pus comes out oozing with each gentle squeeze. The swelling and pressure upon the boil is diminished as the abscess drains its infectious contents. A sharp pain is felt as the last of the unsightly pus is pushed out by force.

Now don’t you feel better all that pressure is off of you?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#142470 Dec 6, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving an insult is like relieving a pus-filled boil. The pus comes out oozing with each gentle squeeze. The swelling and pressure upon the boil is diminished as the abscess drains its infectious contents. A sharp pain is felt as the last of the unsightly pus is pushed out by force.
Now don’t you feel better all that pressure is off of you?
You think facts are insulting, I am sorry, I'll try to be more like you, but I have a very difficult time lying about anything.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#142471 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where? Where is this "doctrine" you creatard keep saying exists? Where is it? No atheist has ever heard of this thing, so give it up, if we're suppose to have a doctrine as atheists, then why are you keeping it from us?
Here's your atheist doctrine.

1. There is something called "Faith" which can be defined as unjustified belief held in the teeth of the evidence. Faith is primarily a matter of false propositional belief.

2. The cure for faith is science: The existence of God is a scientific question: either he exists or he doesn't. "Science is the only way of knowing – everything else is just superstition" [Robert L. Park]

3. Science is the opposite of religion, and will lead people into the clear sunlit uplands of reason. "The real war is between rationalism and superstition. Science is but one form of rationalism, while religion is the most common form of superstition" [Jerry Coyne] "I am not attacking any particular version of God or gods. I am attacking God, all gods, anything and everything supernatural, wherever and whenever they have been or will be invented." [Dawkins]

4. Religion exists. It is essentially something like American fundamentalist protestantism, or Islam. More moderate forms are false and treacherous: if anything even more dangerous, because they conceal the raging, homicidal lunacy that is religion's true nature.[Sam Harris]

5. Faith, as defined above, is the most dangerous and wicked force on earth today and the struggle against it and especially against Islam will define the future of humanity.[atheists]

Moronic, I know. But that's atheists for ya!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#142472 Dec 6, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Who's Al?
<quoted text>
Oh lol. Nice catch!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#142473 Dec 6, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I agree you're an idiot. Don't even type to me anymore , I prefer to communicate with people who have a measurable IQ.
I'm the idiot?!? You're the one that said Constantine ordered Christianity.....

You need to go back to skool...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#142474 Dec 6, 2012
dr fill wrote:
<quoted text> Did anybody ever tell you that you look like billy-jean-king? And kinda like janet reno also. "Just sayin"
Aw, dude.... That was mean to Janet Reno.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#142475 Dec 6, 2012
Atheism hard at work:

.dailynews.com/news/ci_2213390 7/seniors-decry-ban-christmas- tree-their-complex-newhall

You people disgust me.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#142476 Dec 6, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
A bullet is also a sex toy, and ammunition.
Riding a bullet suddenly takes on new meanings.
LOL

I only meant the motorcycle, honestly!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#142477 Dec 6, 2012
http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_22133907/sen...

Butthole atheist. Picking on old folks.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#142478 Dec 6, 2012
Yes you are the idiot. What church do you belong to?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the idiot! drool...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#142479 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's your atheist doctrine.
1. There is something called "Faith" which can be defined as unjustified belief held in the teeth of the evidence. Faith is primarily a matter of false propositional belief.
2. The cure for faith is science: The existence of God is a scientific question: either he exists or he doesn't. "Science is the only way of knowing – everything else is just superstition" [Robert L. Park]
3. Science is the opposite of religion, and will lead people into the clear sunlit uplands of reason. "The real war is between rationalism and superstition. Science is but one form of rationalism, while religion is the most common form of superstition" [Jerry Coyne] "I am not attacking any particular version of God or gods. I am attacking God, all gods, anything and everything supernatural, wherever and whenever they have been or will be invented." [Dawkins]
4. Religion exists. It is essentially something like American fundamentalist protestantism, or Islam. More moderate forms are false and treacherous: if anything even more dangerous, because they conceal the raging, homicidal lunacy that is religion's true nature.[Sam Harris]
5. Faith, as defined above, is the most dangerous and wicked force on earth today and the struggle against it and especially against Islam will define the future of humanity.[atheists]
Moronic, I know. But that's atheists for ya!
Pft, funny how you can even make up a bunch of stuff about nothing.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#142480 Dec 6, 2012
Read the funny article. Not a word about atheists anywhere just management following the law.

I guess when you see something you don't like you just cry that an atheist did it right?

What an idiot. Catholics are Christian no matter how much you pout and scream.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
http://www.dailynews.com/news/ ci_22133907/seniors-decry-ban- christmas-tree-their-complex-n ewhall
Butthole atheist. Picking on old folks.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#142481 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You think facts are insulting, I am sorry, I'll try to be more like you, but I have a very difficult time lying about anything.
Your mind is like a computer that has been corrupted with a destructive virus. The virus is in control of your thoughts. You are just the caboose. Riding along where the virus takes you. A deep cleansing is the only way to be rid of this virus.

Of course the virus doesn’t want that. It wants to remain control of your mind. So it remains an active defiant virus trying to reduplicate itself in others. I know that if you had the deep cleansing. You would be a new creature with a pure heart of gold.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#142482 Dec 6, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mind is like a computer that has been corrupted with a destructive virus. The virus is in control of your thoughts. You are just the caboose. Riding along where the virus takes you. A deep cleansing is the only way to be rid of this virus.
Of course the virus doesn’t want that. It wants to remain control of your mind. So it remains an active defiant virus trying to reduplicate itself in others. I know that if you had the deep cleansing. You would be a new creature with a pure heart of gold.
There you go again, you keep equating living organisms with machines, do you ever learn anything? anything at all?

If anything, a god delusion is akin to having AIDS, we might be able to cure you, but it's terminal to your intelligence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#142483 Dec 6, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes I'm the idiot.
What church do you belong to?
I don't go to church.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#142484 Dec 6, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Read the funny article. Not a word about atheists anywhere just management following the law.
I guess when you see something you don't like you just cry that an atheist did it right?
What an idiot. Catholics are Christian no matter how much you pout and scream.
<quoted text>
Following the law?

HA!

Show me your athi-superiority. What law?

Loser.

Try.

I'll wait while you Google.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#142485 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Pft, funny how you can even make up a bunch of stuff about nothing.
Pft, funny how you didn't deny any of it.
dr fill

Des Plaines, IL

#142486 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool, I wish I was Billy, that would have been awesome to have one of those wangs. Janet ... meh, not that bad looking for an older woman.
Yeah,I forgot you do get into them strap on wangs.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#142487 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pft, funny how you didn't deny any of it.
How can one deny "nothing?" We believe in no gods, the word atheism is a definition for a nothing, an absence. If you can make up stuff about "nothing" more power to you, it's still made up because nothing means just that, nothing. We don't believe in any god, we're just one up on you is all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 min J RULES 23,233
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 23 min lightbeamrider 2,600
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 28 min Mikko 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 30 min Mikko 1,452
Evidence for God! 52 min Morse 369
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 2 hr Carchar king 163
God' existence 2 hr Carchar king 78
More from around the web