Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
136,841 - 136,860 of 224,353 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
religious growth will come mainly from poor people.
Atheist growth will come mainly from the developed world.
<quoted text>
I'm sure you have data from some atheist website to back that up, huh?
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Define "Atheist website".
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you have data from some atheist website to back that up, huh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics aren't Christians?
\
Have you lost all ability of reason and sanity to boot?
Catholics are the original lot of them, about all other sects followed the lead of their ideals.
Catholics aren't the original Christians....

Christians came first, read the bible.

The word catholic isnt even in the bible.

And no, Catholics aren't Christians. We worship in completely different ways.

Do you know that Christians pray to God?

Do you know that Catholics think you can't pray to God?
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Is the word "protestant" in your bible?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm spending christmas with my family, I'm not sure if i'm going to london yet tho.
I like being on a motorcycle, I love riding on the bullet that my cousin has in India. it's sooooo shiny and fast.
06Dec12.....

.....they are called 'scooters' in India and they do NOT go fast.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
dr fill

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
95% of the old testiment in the bible was coppied from the ancient sumerian writings thousands of years before.Everthing from the tree of knowledge to the talking snake and jesus was all sumerian stories.So whoever follows every word of the bible are total fools.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
And then you woke up and saw your trailer was stuck in the mud.
All the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't pull your head out of your ass again.
I can tell I made you mad again.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

dr fill wrote:
<quoted text> 95% of the old testiment in the bible was coppied from the ancient sumerian writings thousands of years before.Everthing from the tree of knowledge to the talking snake and jesus was all sumerian stories.So whoever follows every word of the bible are total fools.
Thanks for revealing your intense and staggering level of ignorance.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but you are comparing apples and oranges. 2.3 is not the same as 7, the FACTS and FIGURES tell us that 1.3 % of 2.3 billion is considerably less than 1.2% of 7 billion, actually about 1/3
I.E. Less than is needed to maintain parity
Or you having a brain malfunction?
Let me make it easier for you
Would you prefer 1.2% of a whole cake or 1.3% of 1/3 of the cake
I,e 1.2% or 0.43%
Or put it another way you have a choice
1.2% of 7 billion dollars
1.3% of 2.3 billion dollars
Which would you choose?
And of course the trends in growth tell their own story
Christianity 1970 - 1985 - 1.64%
Christianity 1990 – 2000 - 1.36%
Christinaity 2000 – 2005 – 1,32%
And by you own admission yesterday more recent figures give the rise of christianity at 1.3%
Wrong, Just accept it. We are winning and you are losing.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

dr fill wrote:
<quoted text> 95% of the old testiment in the bible was coppied from the ancient sumerian writings thousands of years before.Everthing from the tree of knowledge to the talking snake and jesus was all sumerian stories.So whoever follows every word of the bible are total fools.
I did some research into your claim. Your claim is on the same level as unbelievable UFO abductions, Roswell New Mexico UFO Crash site, Dayton Ohio’s Wright Pat AFB holding alien creatures in a secret vault, the authenticating Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster.

Sensational claims with block buster headlines but short on real facts. I noticed you left no references to support your claim. However there seems to be a connection in the Sumerian writings and the Noah’s flood from what I can see.

How does this commonality prove the writings originated from the Sumerians? Because Noah’s flood shows up in two different cultures points that it actually happened. And the descendants of Noah’s family passed the information down several generations. According to the bible every living human being is related to Noah’s family.

The Sumerians had descendants of Noah in their lineage. This explains the commonality with Noah’s flood and any other Old Testament stories. Now for the actual proof that the Old Testament was copied from the Sumerians. There’s not any evidence. Just a lot of speculation from people like yourself who refuse to believe in the Bible.

What I’m saying here is you have an unsubstantiated claim. Just like those who claim to have been abducted by Space Aliens. It has an astounding ring to it but no evidence.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to you question is no. Since we have already concluded that the Catholic Church came 100 years later after Christ died. The term 1prot·es·tant derived from those that broke away in protest from Catholicism. Protestant is a derivative of the word protest.

Members of the early church in the New Testament were commonly referred to as Christians. Acts 11:26
&#65532;

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pro...

capitalized
a: any of a group of German princes and cities presenting a defense of freedom of conscience against an edict of the Diet of Spires in 1529 intended to suppress the Lutheran movement

b: a member of any of several church denominations denying the universal authority of the Pope and affirming the Reformation principles of justification by faith alone, the priesthood of all believers, and the primacy of the Bible as the only source of revealed truth; broadly: a Christian not of a Catholic or Eastern church

: one who makes or enters a protest

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you serious? You have brain damage I think.

Origins
"This detail of a fresco (1481–82) by Pietro Perugino in the Sistine chapel shows Jesus giving the keys of heaven to Saint Peter.

Catholic tradition holds that the Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ . The New Testament records Jesus' activities and teaching, his appointment of the twelve Apostles, and his instructions to them to continue his work.[7][8] The Catholic Church teaches that the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the apostles, in an event known as Pentecost, signaled the beginning of the public ministry of the Church"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_C...

Christianity was pretty much ordered and developed by the
Emperor Constantine I in the year 315.

Belief is a funny thing to you christards , you believe what you want no matter what the truth is eh?

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Origins
"This detail of a fresco (1481–82) by Pietro Perugino in the Sistine chapel shows Jesus giving the keys of heaven to Saint Peter.
Catholic tradition holds that the Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ . The New Testament records Jesus' activities and teaching, his appointment of the twelve Apostles, and his instructions to them to continue his work.[7][8] The Catholic Church teaches that the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the apostles, in an event known as Pentecost, signaled the beginning of the public ministry of the Church"
Belief is a funny thing to you christards , you believe what you want no matter what the truth is eh?
Acts 11:26

"And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Origins
Christ is the head of the Church. Nowhere in Jesus ministry did he talk about setting up a Pope to rule over the church. Not one of the disciples were ever referred to as “Father,” by any of the church members. It was forbidden.

Matthew 23:8-10
King James Version (KJV)

8. But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

Amplified Version

Amplified Bible (AMP)

8. But you are not to be called rabbi (teacher), for you have one Teacher and you are all brothers.

9. And do not call anyone [in the church] on earth father, for you have one Father, Who is in heaven.

10. And you must not be called masters (leaders), for you have one Master (Leader), the Christ.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is the head of the Church.
Eagle, I congratulate you.

You did it.

You really did, and I'm proud of you.

You put together a complete sentence.

Good job, dude.

Good job.

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

So are you rejecting the bible?

If a book that fully endorses rape, torture, human sacrifice, slavery, butchering children, summoning bears to kill children, burning your daughter alive as a sacrifice then wants to say if you disagree with it you are a fool?

Lmfao! Go for it oh book of talking snakes!
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible?
Now if we are to believe the Bible and apparently you want us to believe it. Because you have referenced it several times. This same Bible also says you are a fool. Please understand I didn’t call you a fool. The Bible says you are a fool.
Now the fool shall teach us about scriptures? Now a fool is only wise in his/her own eyes. Your heart is corrupt and your mind is distorted. Deal with it,:).
Psalm 14:1
King James Version (KJV)
14. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 53:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
Proverbs 23:9
Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is the head of the Church. Nowhere in Jesus ministry did he talk about setting up a Pope to rule over the church. Not one of the disciples were ever referred to as “Father,” by any of the church members. It was forbidden.
King James Version (KJV)
8. But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
Amplified Version
Amplified Bible (AMP)
8. But you are not to be called rabbi (teacher), for you have one Teacher and you are all brothers.
9. And do not call anyone [in the church] on earth father, for you have one Father, Who is in heaven.
10. And you must not be called masters (leaders), for you have one Master (Leader), the Christ.
You are crazy ...all churches have leaders.
The bigger the church , the bigger the leader.
But you insist there's no true Scotsman , lest it be an invisible and absent one. A church of this leadership may as well not even exist , what do you meet in the woods at whenever you feel like?

If you meet when jeebus tells you ...it will be sometime in the next 20,000 years maybe.

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Oh certainly almost all if the the famous OT accounts are stolen from other cultures. It's a good thing plagiarism isn't one of the commandments or else all the bible myth writers would be in deep trouble.
dr fill wrote:

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

This idiot really doesn't know that Catholics are Christians!

He must belong to some bizarre cult that screams about the pope being satan on earth or something.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics aren't Christians?
\
Have you lost all ability of reason and sanity to boot?
Catholics are the original lot of them, about all other sects followed the lead of their ideals.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

So either catholics are christians or there are very few christians indeed.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to you question is no. Since we have already concluded that the Catholic Church came 100 years later after Christ died. The term 1prot·es·tant derived from those that broke away in protest from Catholicism. Protestant is a derivative of the word protest.
Members of the early church in the New Testament were commonly referred to as Christians. Acts 11:26
&#65532;
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pro...
capitalized
a: any of a group of German princes and cities presenting a defense of freedom of conscience against an edict of the Diet of Spires in 1529 intended to suppress the Lutheran movement
b: a member of any of several church denominations denying the universal authority of the Pope and affirming the Reformation principles of justification by faith alone, the priesthood of all believers, and the primacy of the Bible as the only source of revealed truth; broadly: a Christian not of a Catholic or Eastern church
: one who makes or enters a protest

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 6 hr NightSerf 240
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 9 hr Patrick 385
What does "Atheism" mean? 11 hr Reason Personified 10
Introducing The Universal Religion 12 hr Reason Personified 733
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 16 hr DonPanic 21,400
Talking some sense into you people... 18 hr religionisillness 24
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 18 hr religionisillness 19
•••
•••