Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#142379 Dec 5, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible?
Now if we are to believe the Bible and apparently you want us to believe it. Because you have referenced it several times. This same Bible also says you are a fool. Please understand I didn’t call you a fool. The Bible says you are a fool.
Now the fool shall teach us about scriptures? Now a fool is only wise in his/her own eyes. Your heart is corrupt and your mind is distorted. Deal with it,:).
Psalm 14:1
King James Version (KJV)
14. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 53:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
Proverbs 23:9
Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
No,you are calling everyone a fool who disagrees with you, you just use what someone else wrote to justify it since you know you're wrong.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#142380 Dec 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No,you are calling everyone a fool who disagrees with you, you just use what someone else wrote to justify it since you know you're wrong.
Ahhhh the fresh smell of corn husk. You are the husk of the corn my dear. I shall shuck the corn and throw the husk through yonders window. There upon the moist ground it shall die. Blessed are the husk for they shall feed the earth.

Southern Illinois

#142381 Dec 5, 2012
We have a Christmas wreath outside our front door. The weather has been mild so far here in Southern Illinois. To our surprise some birds have set up shop in the wreath. The just love the greenery I suppose.

Anyone coming to our front door gets a little surprise. The pizza man came the other day and nearly dropped our pizza, lol. Birds are so much fun to watch.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#142382 Dec 5, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible?
Now if we are to believe the Bible and apparently you want us to believe it. Because you have referenced it several times. This same Bible also says you are a fool. Please understand I didn’t call you a fool. The Bible says you are a fool.
Now the fool shall teach us about scriptures? Now a fool is only wise in his/her own eyes. Your heart is corrupt and your mind is distorted. Deal with it,:).
Psalm 14:1
King James Version (KJV)
14. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 53:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
Matthew 5:22 "Whoever shall say 'thou fool' shall be in danger of hell fire."

Southern Illinois

#142383 Dec 5, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh thank you, I'm glad I didn't use "thou."

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#142384 Dec 5, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh the fresh smell of corn husk. You are the husk of the corn my dear. I shall shuck the corn and throw the husk through yonders window. There upon the moist ground it shall die. Blessed are the husk for they shall feed the earth.
Another part of snake oil sales lessons:

Tell the people who you are trying to con that they are better for buying the product than everyone else.

Dianetics contains the exact same lie.
Turkey

Oswego, NY

#142385 Dec 5, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yh and i'm the tooth fairy!
So Caesar doesn't belong to God?
Also, if u noticed i don't bother with capitals!!
Hey clammy, whatcha going to be when you grow up?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#142386 Dec 5, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yh and i'm the tooth fairy!
So Caesar doesn't belong to God?
Also, if u noticed i don't bother with capitals!!
06Dec12.....

.....BobLoblah c/w Jetstream 41 (seating capacity downSized to 22)will be in Manchester and Birmingham around 21Dec12...

Ps:.....To visit BobLoblah's oldest daughter dat's a teacher in da UK.

.....Daddy BobLoblah always visits his daughter ...especially at Christmas Dime.

How about you!!!!!....Do you have a daddy???
...or do you spend Christmas alone like 'pissTineM' and 'dimKing'??

From the UK onto Paris, Frankfurt,(trying to make it to South Africa.....listenUP 'doubleFine'), Malaysia, Thailand, West Africa and back to certain parts of da MiddleEast.

It's a tough job, but BobLoblah's godda it.

By da vey....are you interested in a Kawasaki KZ550 motorcycle drive along with BobLoblah on a Kawasaki KZ750.....but maybe NOT at da same dime.....along da Mediterranean.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#142387 Dec 5, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You should really come back one day, put it on the bucket list.
Our restaurant is as good as I say it is
06Dec12.....

.....'dimKing' was Never in Africa.

Ps:.....He tries to memorize from videos he 'bums' from a library member.

BobLoblah believes you when you say dat your restaurant is as good as you say it is. If your mother has anything to do with it, it's even better. How is she planning for Christmas???...with a drunken 'riprobate' like you around.....

While a lotta countries in Afica went downHillafter they got their independence, it appears that South Africa has risen above the lot.

Mind you, it would be better if 'educated and well experienced' people were minding the government....instead of the lot you now have. Your pResident has 'knocked' up quite a few under-Age girls and isn't looking toooo 'radiant' in the eyes of the WholeWideWorld.

By da vey, where did Mandella get all his mone from!!!!!.....and what kinda lifeStyle is 'Winnie....the mother of South Africa' living today??? Isn't she the same Winnie dat used to screw the yougn footBall team and for some strange reason....one of the youths DIED.

.....make NO wonder that when Mandella got outta jail, he told her to get lost. BobLoblah agrees vit dis toooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#142388 Dec 5, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>06Dec12.....
.....BobLoblah c/w Jetstream 41 (seating capacity downSized to 22)will be in Manchester and Birmingham around 21Dec12...
Ps:.....To visit BobLoblah's oldest daughter dat's a teacher in da UK.
.....Daddy BobLoblah always visits his daughter ...especially at Christmas Dime.
How about you!!!!!....Do you have a daddy???
...or do you spend Christmas alone like 'pissTineM' and 'dimKing'??
From the UK onto Paris, Frankfurt,(trying to make it to South Africa.....listenUP 'doubleFine'), Malaysia, Thailand, West Africa and back to certain parts of da MiddleEast.
It's a tough job, but BobLoblah's godda it.
By da vey....are you interested in a Kawasaki KZ550 motorcycle drive along with BobLoblah on a Kawasaki KZ750.....but maybe NOT at da same dime.....along da Mediterranean.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I'm spending christmas with my family, I'm not sure if i'm going to london yet tho.

I like being on a motorcycle, I love riding on the bullet that my cousin has in India. it's sooooo shiny and fast.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#142389 Dec 5, 2012
Turkey wrote:
<quoted text>Hey clammy, whatcha going to be when you grow up?
A scientist!

Well, something to do with science, i'm not sure yet, well i am but i don't want to say.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#142390 Dec 5, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Catholics are Christian and God ordered his people to take slaves several times in your bloody bible. Deal with it.
Go what my what? Your sub 80 IQ at iy again I see.
<quoted text>
I see your 75 IQ is hard at work.

Catholics aren't Christians no more than Canadians are Americans, you nitwit.

God didn't order people to take slaves, He taught the Hebrews and the Levites a better way to treat them.

Loser.

Location hidden

#142391 Dec 5, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically that’s not the case. The term “Christians” appears in the bible in Acts 11:26. Christians were the first disciples and followers of Christ. There is no reference to the term “Catholic,” anywhere in the bible. The term Catholic shows up in a letter over 100 years after Christ ascended. None of the original disciples ever wrote the term “Catholic.” Jesus never mentions or references the Catholic Church.
So the term “Christians,” appears from the very beginning in Paul and Barnabas ministry in an area that is now Turkey & Syria.
Acts 11:26
King James Version (KJV)
26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
Antioch is about 15 miles inland from the Medeterranean sea, in what today is Turkey, just north of Syria. This city became home to the first Christian church outside of the land of Israel and was the first place in which followers of Jesus were referred to as Christians
The city was founded by Seleucus 1 in 300 BC, and its port, which was called Selecus, was founded at about the same time. Antioch had a population of Greeks from Athens and Macedonia, and also a sizeable Jewish population.
The Romans took it in as part of their empire, and next to Rome and Alexander, it became the third great city of the empire.
After Stephen's martyrdom in Jerusalem, some of the disciples scattered to Antioch and started preaching to the Greeks. When the Christians in Jerusalem heard that many people in Antioch were becoming believers in Christ, they sent Barnabas there, who in turn brought Paul, to help the new converts (Acts 11:19-26).
Paul and Barnabas stayed there for one year, and Paul began and ended his second missionary journey from there. When the prophet Agabus predicted a famine for Israel, the church in Antioch generously sent financial aid to Jerusalem to aid their brethern. Peter also visited Antioch (Galatians 2:11).
http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/s52.htm
They won't listen....

It's as if their minds are made up & they've convinced themselves of lies.

It's sad, really.

Location hidden

#142392 Dec 5, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you care to follow the posts to which you butted in with no idea of what was happening you would have seen that bob gobbler, that apologist for paedophiles does it in juts about every single post he makes.
He has verbally attacked me personally
He has verbally attacked my husband
He has verbally attacked my sex life
He has verbally attacked my motherhood
And lowest of the low he has lowered himself into the gutter by verbally attacking my children
He, as you, comes on topix to promote his god ideas. The difference is his ideas of christianity are always as sick and perverted and hateful as yours on a particularly bad day.
So in future before jumping in try checking out what is actually happening, it save some fool sticking their foot in you mouth
Wait.

Hold it.

Stop.

Just a sec.

Hold on.

Please wait.

I'm.....

Um.....

You have a sex life?!?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#142393 Dec 5, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your 75 IQ is hard at work.
Catholics aren't Christians no more than Canadians are Americans, you nitwit.
God didn't order people to take slaves, He taught the Hebrews and the Levites a better way to treat them.
Loser.
Catholics aren't Christians?
\
Have you lost all ability of reason and sanity to boot?

Catholics are the original lot of them, about all other sects followed the lead of their ideals.

Location hidden

#142394 Dec 5, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Another uneducated 'tard?

"Thou fool", is, thou wicked man, thou ungodly wretch, thou graceless creature, whose portion will be eternal damnation. Calling a man by such names was not allowed of by the Jews.

Location hidden

#142395 Dec 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Another part of snake oil sales lessons:
Tell the people who you are trying to con that they are better for buying the product than everyone else.
Dianetics contains the exact same lie.
So does atheism.

Location hidden

#142396 Dec 5, 2012
Thinking wrote:
religious growth will come mainly from poor people.
Atheist growth will come mainly from the developed world.
<quoted text>
I'm sure you have data from some atheist website to back that up, huh?
Thinking

UK

#142397 Dec 5, 2012
Define "Atheist website".
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you have data from some atheist website to back that up, huh?

Location hidden

#142398 Dec 5, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics aren't Christians?
\
Have you lost all ability of reason and sanity to boot?
Catholics are the original lot of them, about all other sects followed the lead of their ideals.
Catholics aren't the original Christians....

Christians came first, read the bible.

The word catholic isnt even in the bible.

And no, Catholics aren't Christians. We worship in completely different ways.

Do you know that Christians pray to God?

Do you know that Catholics think you can't pray to God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Patrick 1,024
Is Religion Childish? 2 hr nOgOd 4
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Eman 22,934
Heaven 5 hr Patrick 7
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 hr Patrick 5,938
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr _Bad Company 724
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 11 hr Jaimie 154

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE