Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#142256 Dec 3, 2012
What percentage of annual sales do the holidays represent?
For some retailers, the holiday season can represent anywhere between 20–40% of annual sales. In 2011, holiday sales represented 19.5% of total retail industry sales.

http://www.nrf.com/modules.php...

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#142257 Dec 3, 2012
Turkey wrote:
<quoted text>Are you ovulating?
Thirsty? Try a V8.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#142258 Dec 3, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Yes!
No.
Yes, yes, yes!!!
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#142259 Dec 3, 2012
Bloody hell. Is that because CA and England are ~120 degrees apart? Sorry.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That trick doesn't work in the Western hemisphere for some weird gravitational reason.
Believe me, I know, because I tried it.
I even tried rolling the car forward and backward.
Where's Dave Nelson to provide the explanation for this anomaly?

Southern Illinois

#142260 Dec 3, 2012
I would like to pass along a thought about Christmas Trees. Real trees cut down from a tree farm and placed in a home brings a very dangerous risk of a fire. If a real tree catches on fire in a home. It will consume the entire room in 15 seconds.

There’s no putting out a fire like that with a hand held fire extinguisher. If one is going to use a real tree then it’s best to place it outside away from the house. Some people insist on a real tree in the house.

For those who use real trees be sure the tree is watered and maintained. A tree IV is another way to keep the tree watered. Also there are flame retardant products available.

Please make fire safety a priority this holiday season.

Eagle12

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#142261 Dec 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I know about young beautiful women.

Some of these men don’t know their talking to a regular atheist man when responding to Clementia.
From what I know about grammar, your first statement here is not a sentence.

From what I know about grammar, in your second statement you mean they're, or they are, not their.

Look carefully:

They're talking to a regular atheist man.

Their grammar is better than yours.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#142262 Dec 3, 2012
Don't know if you should encourage someone in that way. To-martyr themselves, I mean.
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Thirsty? Try a V8.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#142263 Dec 3, 2012
And we thank Mithras for this to this day.

Thank you Mithras oh son of God, savior of mankind, the lamb, the light and the way, centuries before Jesus.

:)
Eagle12 wrote:
For some retailers, the holiday season can represent anywhere between 20–40% of annual sales. In 2011, holiday sales represented 19.5% of total retail industry sales.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#142264 Dec 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob,
Clementia is the figment of someone’s imagination. Her/his/it writing style changes constantly. Evidence of a fictional character being played out by a poster. You will notice that she/he/it leans more towards atheism.
These imposters make this site just plain weird. It’s always men pretending to be young beautiful women. From what I know about young beautiful women. They’re not going to be spending their time on a site like this.
Some of these men don’t know their talking to a regular atheist man when responding to Clementia. Men flirting with men, yuck.
I LOVE YOU GOD, I LOVE GOD, I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sikh you dummy, our religions are different to yours!

I told you before why I'm on here!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#142265 Dec 3, 2012
In that are Bob, EW and Number four all flirt with men. Yuck.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob,
Clementia is the figment of someone’s imagination. Her/his/it writing style changes constantly. Evidence of a fictional character being played out by a poster. You will notice that she/he/it leans more towards atheism.
These imposters make this site just plain weird. It’s always men pretending to be young beautiful women. From what I know about young beautiful women. They’re not going to be spending their time on a site like this.
Some of these men don’t know their talking to a regular atheist man when responding to Clementia. Men flirting with men, yuck.

Southern Illinois

#142266 Dec 3, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I know about grammar, your first statement here is not a sentence.
From what I know about grammar, in your second statement you mean they're, or they are, not their.
Look carefully:
They're talking to a regular atheist man.
Their grammar is better than yours.
For gods sake Pedro, please shave under your arms. There could be lice hiding in there.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#142267 Dec 3, 2012
I'm not scared of hair like you, eagle.
But then, I've never desired anything prepubescent.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
For gods sake Pedro, please shave under your arms. There could be lice hiding in there.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#142268 Dec 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Truly a glorious way to commemorate christ's birth.

Southern Illinois

#142269 Dec 3, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Truly a glorious way to commemorate christ's birth.
As much as Atheist in general despise the Christmas Holidays. Retail business depend on those sales to be profitable. Small retail business need that cash flow.

Also worth noting charities such as the Salvation Army depend upon those giving during the Christmas Holidays. Christ birth means more than salvation. It also represents prosperity to those countries that celebrate the Christmas Holiday.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#142270 Dec 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
As much as Atheist in general despise the Christmas Holidays.
I know a lot of atheists, but none of the ones I know despise the Christmas holidays.

I guess you're wrong.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#142271 Dec 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as Atheist in general despise the Christmas Holidays. Retail business depend on those sales to be profitable. Small retail business need that cash flow.
Also worth noting charities such as the Salvation Army depend upon those giving during the Christmas Holidays. Christ birth means more than salvation. It also represents prosperity to those countries that celebrate the Christmas Holiday.
So what you're pointing out is that your religion has turned the conceptual "temple" of the Jesus, into a market place, full of buyers, sellers, thieves and other that use that "temple" for financial gain, and not for worship.

Southern Illinois

#142272 Dec 3, 2012
To those who are interested in World Politics.

Mexico has a new President, Enrique Peña Nieto. The last six years have been brutal with over 60,000 murdered. I can only hope this new President can reduce the crime wave significantly.

Southern Illinois

#142274 Dec 3, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're pointing out is that your religion has turned the conceptual "temple" of the Jesus, into a market place, full of buyers, sellers, thieves and other that use that "temple" for financial gain, and not for worship.
If you will look at the long history of Christmas giving. It started out as charitable giving and it continues to be linked with charities today. The tradition of giving has branched out into a flourishing tradition.

I would encourage you to join in the giving and help some family by helping in the Christmas food and toy drive.

Wiki:

Christmas really is an amazing time of year when you think about the fact that this is the single major event in the last 2,000 years that is celebrated by most of the world. While the birth of Christ and the Christmas story can seem removed from our lives today and it's origins while subject to debate, the celebration is an overwhelming testimony to the event.

The exact date that Jesus Christ was born is not known. The first Christmas was not celebrated until the year 350 AD when Pope Julius I officially designated December 25 to celebrate Christ's birth.

The origin of gift giving seems to have multi-faceted roots.

We have many recorded events in history that show the giving and receiving of gifts dates back at least to the 4th century. St. Nicholas, a Christian Bishop, was known for his generosity in giving to those less fortunate than he, as well as giving to children of all backgrounds simply because he felt they needed to savor their childrood, and have joyous times to remember (contrary to the beliefs of that time, which would suggest that boys even as young as 8 be sent to work to help earn income for their families and girls as young as 5 to help their mothers with the housework and meal preparation). The most common gift given were homemade foods and sweets, oranges (this was a huge treat due to the fact they were very rare), handcrafted gifts such as socks, sweaters, dresses, nightgowns, blankets, tables, chairs, and other handmade useful items. This tradition began with St. Nicholas in Turkey. It moved throughout the world very quickly, and before the 10th century is is supposed that nearly every country was participating in this exchange.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_and_when_did_...

Southern Illinois

#142275 Dec 3, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Truly a glorious way to commemorate christ's birth.
When considering the charity aspect of it, it sure is.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#142276 Dec 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
To those who are interested in World Politics.
Mexico has a new President, Enrique Peña Nieto. The last six years have been brutal with over 60,000 murdered. I can only hope this new President can reduce the crime wave significantly.
OK, thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 31 min Eagle 12 2,596
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr Morse 194
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 1 hr Morse 7
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 2 hr Morse 35
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 2 hr Morse 161
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Morse 1,450
Noah's flood real (Oct '12) 2 hr Morse 4,523
More from around the web