Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255520 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#142298 Dec 4, 2012
(CNN)-- Three Dutch teenagers have been charged with murder after the death of a volunteer soccer official on Monday.
Linesman Richard Nieuwenhuizen died after being beaten up by players following a match the previous day and now two 15-year-olds and one 16-year-old have been arrested by Dutch police.
Nieuwenhuizen was pronounced dead at 5.30 p.m. local time on Monday in the hospital of Nieuwegein, according to his club Buitenboys.

Eagle12

Europe lawlessness seems to be evident in the recent killing of a soccer official by Dutch teens. I have always believed that soccer is a Neanderthal sport in Europe. Soccer fans have been known to run over the top of each other. Often resulting in people being killed by a stampede heard mentality.

Now soccer athletes have targeted a volunteer soccer official and beat him to death. Civility at its best wouldn’t you say? Don’t get me wrong America has its problems too. But our sports fans don’t run over each other and the athletes don’t kill the officials.

The Netherlands has one of the highest rates of Atheism in Europe. I’m not saying these teens who did this were atheist because I don’t know. It just seems this country has a history of violent and uncontrolled hoodlums. Remember this name, Joran van der Sloot?

Joran should have been hanged for all the lies he told about the death of Natalee Holloway. This piece of garbage ended up beating to death another women and is serving time for it.
I hope at some point and time he is sent to the US to stand trial. If he is found guilty he will get a taste of what a real prison is like.

Europe needs to get a hold on its lawlessness. I think they need to borrow some of the UK’s cops. Those bastards will teach the uncivilized Dutch population how to behave.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#142299 Dec 4, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
(CNN)-- Three Dutch teenagers have been charged with murder after the death of a volunteer soccer official on Monday.
Linesman Richard Nieuwenhuizen died after being beaten up by players following a match the previous day and now two 15-year-olds and one 16-year-old have been arrested by Dutch police.
Nieuwenhuizen was pronounced dead at 5.30 p.m. local time on Monday in the hospital of Nieuwegein, according to his club Buitenboys.
Eagle12
Europe lawlessness seems to be evident in the recent killing of a soccer official by Dutch teens. I have always believed that soccer is a Neanderthal sport in Europe. Soccer fans have been known to run over the top of each other. Often resulting in people being killed by a stampede heard mentality.
Now soccer athletes have targeted a volunteer soccer official and beat him to death. Civility at its best wouldn’t you say? Don’t get me wrong America has its problems too. But our sports fans don’t run over each other and the athletes don’t kill the officials.
The Netherlands has one of the highest rates of Atheism in Europe. I’m not saying these teens who did this were atheist because I don’t know. It just seems this country has a history of violent and uncontrolled hoodlums. Remember this name, Joran van der Sloot?
Joran should have been hanged for all the lies he told about the death of Natalee Holloway. This piece of garbage ended up beating to death another women and is serving time for it.
I hope at some point and time he is sent to the US to stand trial. If he is found guilty he will get a taste of what a real prison is like.
Europe needs to get a hold on its lawlessness. I think they need to borrow some of the UK’s cops. Those bastards will teach the uncivilized Dutch population how to behave.
Ah right to the US lawlessness of people like James Holmes doesn’t count – right?

The fact that although the murder rate in New York is declining that city alone averages almost 500 homicides a year doesn’t count – right?

Jovan Belcher is not really a role model of the perfect sportsman, so he doesn’t count right?

What you believe is of no relevance

No you don’t know so stop casting aspersions until you do know

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#142300 Dec 4, 2012
As usual you make a complete jackass out of yourself.

Idiots like you make us decent, educated, hard working Americans cringe with your stupidity.
Eagle12 wrote:
Eagle12

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#142301 Dec 4, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah right to the US lawlessness of people like James Holmes doesn’t count – right?
The fact that although the murder rate in New York is declining that city alone averages almost 500 homicides a year doesn’t count – right?
Jovan Belcher is not really a role model of the perfect sportsman, so he doesn’t count right?
What you believe is of no relevance
No you don’t know so stop casting aspersions until you do know
Give Eagle a break, Christine.

He doesn't have a clue.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#142302 Dec 4, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't have a clue.
...nor brightly colored silk bloomers.

:)
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#142303 Dec 4, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
What makes you think I ever did? I see they have let youout, welcome back
05Dec12.....

.....Gee..

Ps:....You're dumb,'pisstineM'.

...'n stop stalking BobLoblah

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142304 Dec 4, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Hey butt breath, you seem to forget that this is a public thread and the trailof stalking is recorded and accessible and can be seen by all. No need to lie for you god, the truth, the facts, the posts are here for all (including your god) to see.
05Dec12.....

.....Your 'refreshing' language is so much welcomed back into the public community.

Yes, the trail of stalking is recorded and BobLoblah has an 'in-depth' recording of the trail of YOU stalking BobLoblah.

STOP stalking BobLoblah, ya schidt-for-brains and hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist dat has vaginal seepage so bad dat it has to go away fer weeks at a dime.

Ps:....You, ya eeejit, just don't have yer udder crony pagan buddies to back you hum any more now, do ya??...Huh!!!.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142305 Dec 4, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text> Ah right to the US lawlessness of people like James Holmes doesn’t count – right? The fact that although the murder rate in New York is declining that city alone averages almost 500 homicides a year doesn’t count – right? Jovan Belcher is not really a role model of the perfect sportsman, so he doesn’t count right? What you believe is of no relevance No you don’t know so stop casting aspersions until you do know
05Dec12.....

.....Here's a coupla Brit lawless people like those you reference:
KILLS YEARS NAME AKA
300+? 19??- 1998 Dr. Harold Shipman Dr. Death
160? 1949 - 1983 Dr. John Bodkin Adams
26 1978 Peter Dinsdale Bruce Lee
21 1852 - 1872 Mary Ann Cotton
16+ 1828 William Burke & William Hare Body Snatchers
15+ 1944 - 1948 John George Haigh Acid Bath Murderer
15+ 1978 - 1983 Dennis Nilsen
15 1954 - 1958 Peter Manuel
13 1975 - 1980 Peter Sutcliffe Yorkshire Ripper
12+ 1967 - 1990 Fred & Rosemary West
12 ? 1974 - 1975 Patrick Mackay
11 ? 1982 - 1990 Robert Black
10+ 1842 - 1856 William Palmer
9+ 1853 - 1862 Catherine Wilson
9 1975 - 1983 Kiernan Kelly
9 1881 - 1892 Dr. Thomas Neil Cream Lambeth Poisoner
8+ 1943 - 1953 John Reginald Christie
7 1964 - 1965 Jack the Stripper Identity unknown
7 1986 Kenneth Erskine Stockwell Strangler
6 -1974 - 1978 John Childs
5 1963 -1964 Ian Brady & Myra Hindley The Moors Murders
5 ? 1995 - 1998 Stephen Akinmurele
5 1993 Colin Ireland The Gay Slayer
5 1888 Jack The Ripper Identity unknown
5 1977 - 1978 Archibald Hall Roy Fontaine
5 1974 - 1975 Donald Neilson The Black Panther
5 2006 Steve Wright Suffolk Murders
4 1985 & 1989 John Cooper Bullseye Killer
4 Feb 1942 Gordon Cummins
4 1986 -1987 Michael Lupo
4 1975 -1976 Mark Rowntree
4 1974 - 1978 Robert Maudsley Hannibal the Cannibal
4 1955 -1957 Mary Wilson
4 1995 Peter Moore
4 1982 -1986 Beverly Allit Killer Nurse
4 2002 Colin Norris
3+ 1974 Trevor Hardy
3+ 1984 - 1985 Leslie Bailey, Sidney Cooke, Robert Oliver, Lennie Smith
3 1915 - 1939 William Burkitt
3 ? 1993 Steven Grieveson Sunderland Strangler
3 2009 - 2010 Stephen Griffiths Crossbow Cannibal
3 1946 Neville Heath
3 2007 Derek Brown
3 1982 - 1986 John Duffy Railway Rapist/Killer
3 2002 Anthony Hardy The Camden Ripper
3 1982 - 1986 David Mucahy Accomplice to Duffy
3 1951 - 1952 John Straffen
3 +? 2000 Philip Smith
3+ 1828 Thomas Wainewright Wainewright The Poisoner
3 1962 - 1972 Graham Young
3 1960 Michael Copeland
3 1970 & 1974 Ronald Jebson Babes in the Wood
3 1897 - 2009 Levi Belfield
3 1897 - 1902 George Chapman The Borough Poisoner
3 1913 - 1914 George Smith Brides in the Bath
3 2004 Mark Martin
3 1992 - 1993 Robert Napper
3 1982 Barry Pruden
3 1968 - 1969 Bible John Identity unknown
3+ 1991 - 2006 Peter Tobin

Ps:....Fred and Rosemary West were just a lovely 'Bed 'n Breakfast' couple....serving up the most delicious biddles.

Pete Sutcliffe would make a marvellous neighbor toooooooo.

'pissTineM'....is a schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#142306 Dec 4, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
...nor brightly colored silk bloomers.
:)
You consider pink a bright color?

Are your pigs brightly colored, then?

Is this a drive-by, or a visit?
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142307 Dec 4, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't have a clue.
05Dec12.....

.....Shouldn't you be devoting your dime 'snatching' Clementine,'snatcherCatcher'!! !

Ps:.....Afta hall, ya godda do votCha godda do, ya eeejit. Huh!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#142308 Dec 4, 2012
You disgusting Atheist wrote:
Atheist are piece of sc"m
Just feel that Christian love!

Tampa, FL

#142309 Dec 4, 2012
I know a lot of atheists, but none of the ones I know despise the Christmas holidays. I guess you're wrong.
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
there's NO such thing as an atheist.
I'm an atheist.

Gee, your claim was very easy to disprove.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#142310 Dec 4, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The portion you cited from Wikipedia, came from here: http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-p...
The same Christian news source that I cited from, in which you said:
1 - media, not a reliable source.
As far as the "blog" source I gave(From a Presbyterian Minister), I added it only to support the numerous other sources I gave, Christian in origin which agreed that Christianity is declining.
It is declining in the west, rapidly, and experiencing some growth in third world countries.
Nevertheless, it is on a decline.
I quoted direct from Wikipedia.

It just burns you up inside knowing that the Christian population is growing at a faster rate than the world population, huh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#142312 Dec 4, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're pointing out is that your religion has turned the conceptual "temple" of the Jesus, into a market place, full of buyers, sellers, thieves and other that use that "temple" for financial gain, and not for worship.
Pretty much everyone, regardless of religious affiliation, buys Christmas presents. Don't you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#142313 Dec 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Leviticus 25:44-46
“‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life.
Yay! You cited a law designed solely for the Levites.......

'tard

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#142314 Dec 4, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence please, just making a statement does not make it true
From everything I have read on the subject, from people who are fairly high up in the church hierarchy and from the radio and TV news christrianity is in decline in comparison to world population.
In 2010, there were 2.30 billion Christians in the world, an increase of 300 million from two billion in 2005. The increase in the Christian population was at a slightly higher rate than that of the world population, 1.3 percent per year, when the total world population increased by 1.2 percent per year.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_popu...

D'oH!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#142315 Dec 4, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey butt breath, if someone has a go at me in the name of their god then I am entitled to a response in kind are is it just custards who you allow that option?
Who attacked you "in the name of God"?
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142316 Dec 4, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
I know a lot of atheists, but none of the ones I know despise the Christmas holidays. I guess you're wrong.
<quoted text>
I'm an atheist.
Gee, your claim was very easy to disprove.
05Dec12.....

.....'Guessing' is for eeejits like you.

Ps:....What do you call a 'lot'!!!!!!

Why don'tCha list the vons dat don't despise Christmas.

If BobLoblah were a bettin' man, BobLoblah would bet dat you are a bettin' man...ans as such, alveys a 'loser'.

Schidt-for-brains like you 'screwSchidt' end upon the dumpPiles of life.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142317 Dec 4, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
05Dec12.....

.....Yeah...

Ps:....ALL posters can sure feel it emminating from you, ya hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tampa, FL

#142318 Dec 4, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
ALL posters can sure feel it emminating from you
I'm not a Christian. Funny how Christians can't seem to follow their own religion. Why is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min thetruth 35,350
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 35 min thetruth 23,871
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 39 min thetruth 140
Reasoning with Insanity 42 min thetruth 66
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 49 min thetruth 37
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 56 min thetruth 20,128
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 57 min thetruth 159
More from around the web