Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258047 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#142170 Dec 3, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Election or erection?
Which one takes 4 years to come up again?
OH, well, some elections are every four years, and I've never heard of the other taking 4 years, but I'm sure someone has firsthand knowledge of it.

Just where is Dave, anyway?

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#142171 Dec 3, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> OH, well, some elections are every four years, and I've never heard of the other taking 4 years, but I'm sure someone has firsthand knowledge of it.
I'm Asian. It's the same word to me.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#142172 Dec 3, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Raffin.
dr fill

Des Plaines, IL

#142173 Dec 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I wipe my @ss with pages of the bible and the Quran and I admit pages of the Quran wipe the turd left overs off my booty far better than the leading bible brand.
Both books of myth wipe the turds off but the words of the Muhammad myth seem to eat sht better than the words of The Jesus myth.
Neato!
<quoted text>
I agree,I line my bird cage with the quran and boy do them pages soak up some shit!!!!

Since: Mar 11

Portage, MI

#142174 Dec 3, 2012
I don't wonder why I myself am a lesbian stuck in a man's body.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
And people wonder why I'm lesbian?

Since: Mar 11

Portage, MI

#142175 Dec 3, 2012
Line half the cage with bible pages and the other half with Quran pages.
dr fill wrote:
<quoted text>I agree,I line my bird cage with the quran and boy do them pages soak up some shit!!!!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#142176 Dec 3, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait... The same? So all this time when they say the U.S holds Presidential elections every 4 years, Asians might have been thinking Americans were.... I mean that...uh.. we partic ..ipate in the Presidential elections...

The President elect... Presidential election poll exit results

Whew.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#142177 Dec 3, 2012
dr fill wrote:
<quoted text>I agree,I line my bird cage with the quran and boy do them pages soak up some shit!!!!
Try the toilet next time. It's mechanical.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#142178 Dec 3, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait... The same? So all this time when they say the U.S holds Presidential elections every 4 years, Asians might have been thinking Americans were.... I mean that...uh.. we partic ..ipate in the Presidential elections...
The President elect... Presidential election poll exit results
Whew.
Chinese people laugh. En masse. You won't see that on most western news casts.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#142179 Dec 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You do mean the dy/dx thing, that's all we learnt. That's not too bad. I don't understand the basic concepts of maths in chemistry.
At the basic level, the math in chemistry is mostly proportionality: 1 mole= Avagadro's number of individuals, how do you balance a chemical equation, etc. Calculus isn't used until the dynamics of the reactions are considered, or when the thermodynamics aspects are more relevant.
If any of you guys are good with dilutions and mole calculations pls let me know.
What do you need?
You said you weren't a carpenter. I can't remember what you said you were.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#142180 Dec 3, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I never took chemistry, but I would think that matrices would be very important. I was obsessed with computers in high school, so that's all I focused on. I'm familiar with math but have forgotten a lot of it.
matrices don't typically come up in chemistry until quantum mechanics is brought in for transition rate calculations.
da old buddy

Des Plaines, IL

#142182 Dec 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
That's old.
I'm here to find an old friend, but he loves playing mind games and he wants me to find him on my own.
Gosh darnit,Ya found me klemmingtime.And I was hiding from ya pretty good.Well hows ya mother? You still living at the same place.Did ya lose any weight yet? OOP'S, Thats a touchy subgect!!!

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#142183 Dec 3, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> OH, well, some elections are every four years, and I've never heard of the other taking 4 years, but I'm sure someone has firsthand knowledge of it.
Oh yeah, Dave.
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#142184 Dec 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I wipe my @ss with pages of the bible and the Quran and I admit pages of the Quran wipe the turd left overs off my booty far better than the leading bible brand.
Both books of myth wipe the turds off but the words of the Muhammad myth seem to eat sht better than the words of The Jesus myth.
Neato!
<quoted text>
03Dec12.....

.....Come on now.

You know dat you are a muslime and just cannot get over the fact dat yer daddy stuffed dat Quoran down your throat 5 dimes a day, every day while yer mommy stood helplessly by ...and Watched.

Any luck on gettin' nears da reward offerd for Rushdie!!!

Ps:.....BobLoblah says dat you are fulla schidt to da eyeballs.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142186 Dec 3, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Some people will bet money on anything- let's set up the Sperm Racing Channel! ;)
<quoted text>
04Dec12.....

.....perild (.) after anything.

Thence, new centence having 'Let's' begin vit a capital (L).
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142187 Dec 3, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
04Dec12.....

.....LIAR....

Ps:....you're from 'inside da sound of da bells'. Just a coupla blocks avey from 'dimKing' and 'sidingDumbPhew'....all Brit bottom-Class dirtBags....carpetBaggers, and wannabeeeeees.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#142188 Dec 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
um..... What?
A whale couldn't survive for a year on a boat. Are you forgetting that?
Are you also forgetting that God made it rain?
How do you know it was raining fresh water? Were you there? Did you take some samples?
My point is your whole thesis is based on assumption, not facts.
Your scientific analysis is flawed.
Nor could a whale survive for a year in brackish water, are you forgetting that? Or is it that geography does not count where myth is concerned (or are you invoking magic?)

How, what with? What did god make the rain from and where did he make it go? Perhaps you are invoking magic again? You obviously have problems with the mathematics of the amount of water involved. You are obviously unable to comprehend the effect that almost 9 km depth of water would have on the biosphere of the earth. The dilution of the oceans and pollution of fresh water supplies. Nor the temperature drop that would have occurred had the entire earth become suddenly reflective. Basically you have not actually thought about it at all, you just accept the myth, no questions asked.

How do you know it wasnÂ’t raining fresh water, do you know anything about the science of precipitation? Or are you invoking magic again?

Funny you should mention that that, did anyone take some samples? Did a depth of almost 9 km of water leave any evidence whatsoever? What more magic?

Wrong, the facts are there to be considered, my point is you are blindly accepting impossibilities simply because book tells you to accept impossibilities

Actually not scientific analyses and you demean yourself by making such a claim (are we surprised?). My analysis is based on facts, observations, measurements and logic
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142189 Dec 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I don't wonder why I myself am a lesbian stuck in a man's body.
<quoted text>
04Dec12.....

You 'sliverMeLivers'...are just a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist who finds safety in Numbers like da rest of yer ILK.

.....annudder Lezzie vit no guts and NO home to go to since daddy kicked'em out on da streets.

Next dime you go to a transvestite party, haul a condom down over your head 'and go as a Prick'.

Ps:....yer fulla schidt to da eyeballs.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142190 Dec 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Line half the cage with bible pages and the other half with Quran pages.
<quoted text>
04Dec12.....

...BobLoblah 'lines' BobLoblah's cages vit da hides of hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists like you...ya miserable miscreant.

Ps:.....BobLoblah believes dat 'sliverMeLivers' has less brains then a bottle of wadda.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#142192 Dec 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Depression IS a sign of a weak mind, a weak person.
Boredom is a sign if a weak mind.
Gluttony is a sign of a weak mind.
Depression isn't a "disease" any more than being fat is a "disease".
You're pathetic.
You really are sad, clueless and ignorant

But, let me think, perhaps you know better than the qualified doctors and psychiatrists, maybe you best go buy yourself an off the shelf medical degree and you can then publish your GUESSES and be damned

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deed...
There is no denying that those who suffer from severe depression are ill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 32 min IB DaMann 5,722
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr IB DaMann 94
bigger fish to fry (Jul '11) 3 hr Suspicious Packag... 2
What are the best arguments against religion? 3 hr Richardfs 8
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Brian_G 23,592
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 hr scientia potentia... 48,864
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 14 hr Mintz4004 21,889
More from around the web