Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,820)

Showing posts 136,381 - 136,400 of217,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141878
Nov 30, 2012
 
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Good name.
She's crushin' hard on the Batman.
I've never had a crush on a celebrity until recently. It perturbs me.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141879
Nov 30, 2012
 
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember any cybermen...was that in the one waaaaaaaay back in the 70's?
Like, in the days before story?
I see you still have trouble with English syntax.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141880
Nov 30, 2012
 
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW who YOU are: the dolt who can't write in sentences, and doesn't know the difference between personnel and personal.
Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder By Psych Central Staff Narcissistic Personality Disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of grandiosity (either in fantasy or actual behavior), an overwhelming need for admiration, and usually a complete lack of empathy toward others. People with this disorder often believe they are of primary importance in everybody's life or to anyone they meet. While this pattern of behavior may be appropriate for a king in 16th Century England, it is generally considered inappropriate for most ordinary people today. People with narcissistic personality disorder often display snobbish, disdainful, or patronizing attitudes. For example, an individual with this disorder may complain about a clumsy waiter's "rudeness " or "stupidity " or conclude a medical evaluation with a condescending evaluation of the physician. In laypeople terms, someone with this disorder may be described simply as a "narcissist " or as someone with "narcissism. " Both of these terms generally refer to someone with narcissistic personality disorder. Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms: Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements) Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love Believes that he or she is "special " and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions) Requires excessive admiration Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes http://psychcentra l.com/disorders/sx 36.htm

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141881
Nov 30, 2012
 
I thought Dulcinea was a very good fit.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulcinea" ;

Actually.

"...she has a crack..."

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141882
Nov 30, 2012
 
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you offer Eagle brownie points. You won't have to dole them out. If he makes the effort. He'll screw it up for sure.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/nar...

Narcissistic Personality Disorder involves arrogant behavior, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration-all of which must be consistently evident at work and in relationships. People who are narcissistic are frequently described as cocky, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. Narcissists may concentrate on unlikely personal outcomes (e.g., fame) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment. Related Personality Disorders: Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic. Narcissism is a less extreme version of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissism involves cockiness, manipulativeness, selfishness, power motives, and vanity-a love of mirrors. Related personality traits include: Psychopathy, Machiavellianism.

Narcissists tend to have high self-esteem. However, narcissism is not the same thing as self-esteem; people who have high self-esteem are often humble, whereas narcissists rarely are. It was once thought that narcissists have high self-esteem on the surface, but deep down they are insecure. However, the latest evidence indicates that narcissists are actually secure or grandiose at both levels. Onlookers may infer that insecurity is there because narcissists tend to be defensive when their self-esteem is threatened (e.g., being ridiculed); narcissists can be aggressive.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141883
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I named a pet lizard of mine Messalina after the veterinarian said it was unusual for the females of that species to be promiscuous. She was a beautiful slut who produced exquisite daughters.

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141884
Nov 30, 2012
 
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've been watching too much Dr Who. Um, actually I was thinking "Cylon" but Who got in the way.
Let's run with that. Perhaps "Cylonette"?

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141885
Nov 30, 2012
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/nar...
Narcissistic Personality Disorder involves arrogant behavior, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration-all of which must be consistently evident at work and in relationships. People who are narcissistic are frequently described as cocky, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. Narcissists may concentrate on unlikely personal outcomes (e.g., fame) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment. Related Personality Disorders: Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic. Narcissism is a less extreme version of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissism involves cockiness, manipulativeness, selfishness, power motives, and vanity-a love of mirrors. Related personality traits include: Psychopathy, Machiavellianism.
Narcissists tend to have high self-esteem. However, narcissism is not the same thing as self-esteem; people who have high self-esteem are often humble, whereas narcissists rarely are. It was once thought that narcissists have high self-esteem on the surface, but deep down they are insecure. However, the latest evidence indicates that narcissists are actually secure or grandiose at both levels. Onlookers may infer that insecurity is there because narcissists tend to be defensive when their self-esteem is threatened (e.g., being ridiculed); narcissists can be aggressive.
Eagle, I don't think you're going to find professional help here by advertising your problems. Try the yellow pages or speak with your doctor.

:)

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141886
Nov 30, 2012
 
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle - I will give you brownie points if you can go through this post and tell me how many incomplete sentences are in it.
So you want to play a game do you?

How many S are in Mississippi?

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141887
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Hidingfromyou wrote:
I don't remember any cybermen...was that in the one waaaaaaaay back in the 70's?
Like, in the days before story?
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I see you still have trouble with English syntax.
And we were getting along so well.

Nope. There's no problem with my syntax, old woman. If you don't understand how I wrote the above, you just don't understand how to use words effectively.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141888
Nov 30, 2012
 
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle, I don't think you're going to find professional help here by advertising your problems. Try the yellow pages or speak with your doctor.
:)
Thank you for everything you have done.

[wink]

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141889
Nov 30, 2012
 
Bob wrote:
1. Jesus claimed to be God - John 8:24; 8:56-59 (see Exodus 3:14); John 10:30-33
2. Jesus is called God - John 1:1,14; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Titus 2:13; Heb. 1:8
3. Jesus is the image of the invisible God - Heb. 1:3
4. Jesus abides forever - Heb. 7:24
5. Jesus created all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:15-17
6. Jesus is before all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:17;
7. Jesus is eternal - John 1:1,14; 8:58; Micah 5:1-2
8. Jesus is honored the same as the Father - John 5:23
9. Jesus is prayed to - Acts 7:55-60; 1 Cor. 1:2 with Psalm 116:41; (John 14:14)
10. Jesus is worshipped - Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; John 9:35-38; Heb. 1:6
11. Jesus is omnipresent - Matt. 18:20; 28:20
12. Jesus is with us always - Matt. 28:20
13. Jesus is our only mediator between God and ourselves - 1 Tim. 2:5
14. Jesus is the guarantee of a better covenant - Heb. 7:22; 8:6
15. Jesus said, "I AM the Bread of Life" - John 6:35,41,48,51
16. Jesus said, "I AM the Door" - John 10:7,9
17. Jesus said, "I AM the Good Shepherd" - John 10:11,14
18. Jesus said, "I AM the Way the Truth and The Life" - John 14:6
19. Jesus said, "I AM the Light of the world" - John 8:12; 9:5; 12:46; Luke 2:32
20. Jesus said, "I AM the True Vine" - John 15:1,5
21. Jesus said, "I AM the Resurrection and the Life" - John 11:25
22. Jesus said, "I AM the First and the Last" - Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13
23. Jesus always lives to make intercession for us - Heb. 7:25
24. Jesus cleanses from sin - 1 John 1:9
25. Jesus cleanses us from our sins by His blood - Rev. 1:5; Rom. 5:9
26. Jesus forgives sins - Matt. 9:1-7; Luke 5:20; 7:48
27. Jesus saves forever - Matt. 18:11; John 10:28; Heb. 7:25
28. Jesus discloses Himself to us - John 14:21
29. Jesus draws all men to Himself - John 12:32
30. Jesus gives eternal life - John 10:28; 5:40
31. Jesus resurrects - John 5:39; 6:40,44,54; 11:25-26
32. Jesus gives joy - John 15:11
33. Jesus gives peace - John 14:27
34. Jesus has all authority - Matt. 28:18; John 5:26-27; 17:2; 3:35
35. Jesus judges - John 5:22,27
36. Jesus knows all men - John 16:30; John 21:17
37. Jesus opens the mind to understand scripture - Luke 24:45
38. Jesus received honor and glory from the Father - 1 Pet. 1:17
39. Jesus reveals grace and truth - John 1:17 see John 6:45
40. Jesus reveals the Father - Matt. 11:27; Luke 10:22
41. Jesus bears witness of Himself - John 8:18; 14:6
42. Jesus' works bear witness of Himself - John 5:36; 10:25
43. The Father bears witness of Jesus - John 5:37; 8:18; 1 John 5:9
44. The Holy Spirit bears witness of Jesus - John 15:26
45. The multitudes bear witness of Jesus - John 12:17
46. The Prophets bear witness of Jesus - Acts 10:43
47. The Scriptures bear witness of Jesus - John 5:39
48. The Father will honor us if we serve Jesus - John 12:26 see Col. 3:24
49. The Father wants us to fellowship with Jesus - 1 Cor. 1:9
50. The Father tells us to listen to Jesus - Luke 9:35; Matt. 17:5
51. Everyone who's heard & learned from the Father comes to Jesus - John 6:45
52. We come to Jesus - John 5:50; 6:35,37,45,65; 7:37;
53. The Father draws us to Jesus - John 6:44
54. The Law leads us to Christ - Gal. 3:24
55. Jesus is the Rock - 1 Cor. 10:4
56. Jesus is the Savior - John 4:42; 1 John 4:14
57. Jesus is the King - Matt. 2:1-6; Luke 23:3
58. In Jesus are the treasures of wisdom and knowledge - Col. 2:2-3
59. In Jesus we have been made complete Col. 2:10
60. Jesus indwells us - Col. 1:27
61. Jesus sanctifies - Heb. 2:11
62. Jesus loves - Eph. 5:25
63. We sin against Jesus - 1 Cor. 8:12
64. We receive Jesus - John 1:12; Col. 2:6
65. Jesus makes many righteous - Rom. 5:19
66. Jesus sends the Holy Spirit - John 15:26
67. Jesus offered up Himself - Heb. 7:27; 9:14
68. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sins for all time - Heb. 10:12
69. The Son of God has given us understanding - 1 John 5:20
70. Jesus is the author and perfector of our faith - Heb. 12:2
Thank you, He is the great "I AM."

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141890
Nov 30, 2012
 
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of BS. You really need to get laid.
Sorry, I don't do the swingers pool.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141891
Nov 30, 2012
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to play a game do you?
How many S are in Mississippi?
I don't see any of those, Eagle.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141892
Nov 30, 2012
 
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle - I will give you brownie points if you can go through this post and tell me how many incomplete sentences are in it.
Heres another word game for you.

How many X are in Texas?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141893
Nov 30, 2012
 
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see any of those, Eagle.
Im waiting for Tim before giving out the correct answer.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141894
Nov 30, 2012
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/nar...
Narcissistic Personality Disorder involves arrogant behavior, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration-all of which must be consistently evident at work and in relationships. People who are narcissistic are frequently described as cocky, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. Narcissists may concentrate on unlikely personal outcomes (e.g., fame) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment. Related Personality Disorders: Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic. Narcissism is a less extreme version of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissism involves cockiness, manipulativeness, selfishness, power motives, and vanity-a love of mirrors. Related personality traits include: Psychopathy, Machiavellianism.
Narcissists tend to have high self-esteem. However, narcissism is not the same thing as self-esteem; people who have high self-esteem are often humble, whereas narcissists rarely are. It was once thought that narcissists have high self-esteem on the surface, but deep down they are insecure. However, the latest evidence indicates that narcissists are actually secure or grandiose at both levels. Onlookers may infer that insecurity is there because narcissists tend to be defensive when their self-esteem is threatened (e.g., being ridiculed); narcissists can be aggressive.
Posting your bio again.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141895
Nov 30, 2012
 
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting your bio again.
Now where in Australia did you say you live?

Dumbshitsville?

Bumbfuctville?

Toadlyfuctupville?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141896
Nov 30, 2012
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now where in Australia did you say you live?
Dumbshitsville?
Bumbfuctville?
Toadlyfuctupville?
May your Jesus forgive you.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141897
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

nanoanomaly wrote:
I thought Dulcinea was a very good fit.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulcinea" ;
Actually.
"...she has a crack..."
Don Quixote is one of my favorites.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 136,381 - 136,400 of217,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••