Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#141737 Nov 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, thanks!
True.
French and arabic languages are from the back of the throat too, I don't know why being think that's romantic.
You know languages that we don't know sound weird to us. I've always wanted to know what the languages I can speak sound like. I mean are they romantic, annoying, harsh etc...I wish there was a way to know what I sound like to other people who can't understand my languages! I think english would sound like german.
English, Dutch, German, all of them are Teutonic languages so for sure there are similarities. Fortunately, English escaped the guttural stuff.

The really hard stuff is the Chinese, with its tones. I attempted Mandarin, in night classes, and gave up after about 4 weeks. I speak six languages, but Chinese was way over my head.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#141738 Nov 30, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting with the conclusion (that the Bible is accurate) is weak minded. Faith itself is weak minded for exactly this reason.
That is your opinion. Nothing more.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#141739 Nov 30, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell that to the Creationists, who believe that the Bible is literally true. It is quite possible to believe in a deity and not be a Creationist.
I've tried. They're really stuck in their ways. But just like the gays, as long as they don't bother me or hurt my family in any way, they're ok by me.

I do believe in God.

I am not a Creationist.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#141740 Nov 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, don't tell me that you have figured out who I was 4 years ago? Please don't tell these guys, they're going to think i'm more dumb!
It's so hard to keep my mouth shut when my pockets are empty.

Hint-hint.

No, I don't know anything. I was just messin'.
Clementia

Salford, UK

#141741 Nov 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
English, Dutch, German, all of them are Teutonic languages so for sure there are similarities. Fortunately, English escaped the guttural stuff.
The really hard stuff is the Chinese, with its tones. I attempted Mandarin, in night classes, and gave up after about 4 weeks. I speak six languages, but Chinese was way over my head.
Wow, what languages can you speak, If you don't mind me asking?

Yh, they had mandarin classes at my secondary school too, but everyone hated it and stopped going, so they ended them. I was the clever one who didn't even attempt to go to the classes. Why even try when you know you're going to fail, lol.

I think english is also a hard language to learn.

Also, where is everyone?
Clementia

Salford, UK

#141742 Nov 30, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so hard to keep my mouth shut when my pockets are empty.
Hint-hint.
No, I don't know anything. I was just messin'.
I don't get the hint!

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#141743 Nov 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yousa point is well seen. Some da language speaking to meesa looking very unusual. Meesa everday wanting a learn to spake like yousa, try very much meesa do. Come to find master meesa does. Yousa seems a be way good in it. You take meesa to learning place? It's a longo taleo buta small part of it would be meesa... head harded. Please forgiven forget.

San Francisco, CA

#141744 Nov 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what languages can you speak, If you don't mind me asking?
Yh, they had mandarin classes at my secondary school too, but everyone hated it and stopped going, so they ended them. I was the clever one who didn't even attempt to go to the classes. Why even try when you know you're going to fail, lol.
I think english is also a hard language to learn.
Also, where is everyone?
Spanish, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch. I would need some hands-on practice (oefening) to get back up to speed with the Dutch though.

I'm not the attendance taker, Clementine.

San Francisco, CA

#141745 Nov 30, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Yousa point is well seen. Some da language speaking to meesa looking very unusual. Meesa everday wanting a learn to spake like yousa, try very much meesa do. Come to find master meesa does. Yousa seems a be way good in it. You take meesa to learning place? It's a longo taleo buta small part of it would be meesa... head harded. Please forgiven forget.
Oh, I forgot, I also speak a "private" language.

It's called Jerigoncio. Not kidding. An example:

Copomopo epestapas, apamipigopo? Yopo epestopoipi mupuipi biepen. Epentiependepes?

My family, and some friends, speak it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#141746 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've tried. They're really stuck in their ways. But just like the gays, as long as they don't bother me or hurt my family in any way, they're ok by me.
I do believe in God.
I am not a Creationist.
The gays?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#141747 Nov 30, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I only speak Gungan when I'm under water. Okee-day? Meesa bombad under water.

Or am I bombastic?

&fe ature=endscreen&NR=1

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#141748 Nov 30, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many posters am I pretending to be?
I have no clue, but I don't really care either.

The only thing that I do care about, on topix, is; getting people to see religion for what it is. The sooner we get people to read the entire bible, the sooner we will get religion moved to where it belongs... in the trash.

It is funny how people laugh at the jungle medicine man and the gods of old, but they cannot see how stupid their religion is.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141749 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That is your opinion. Nothing more.
Yup.

A very valid one, too.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#141750 Nov 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spanish, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch. I would need some hands-on practice (oefening) to get back up to speed with the Dutch though.
I'm not the attendance taker, Clementine.
Catcher1 -

I speak,

“Wee-wa-dee, Ashliguage, Jibber, Shambabogie, Haglabah, and Mcschraefel.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#141751 Nov 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get the hint!
It's okay.

Southern Illinois

#141752 Nov 30, 2012
Narcissistic personality disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and in other areas of their life, such as work or school.
Narcissistic personality disorder treatment is centered around psychotherapy

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic...

Southern Illinois

#141753 Nov 30, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no clue,
Your most famous quote: "I have no clue."

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#141754 Nov 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I only speak Gungan when I'm under water. Okee-day? Meesa bombad under water.
Or am I bombastic?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qUD-NixsVt8XX&feature=end screen&NR=1
I thought the phantom menace was Jar Jar for the longest time.

He's more a Dennis kind of menace though.

Southern Illinois

#141755 Nov 30, 2012
Why do Militant Neo Nazi Atheist have Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Southern Illinois

#141761 Nov 30, 2012
If the shoe fits, don’t wear it, take it off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min One way or another 14,466
Christianity Created Hitler 41 min Thinking 86
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 2 hr Thinking 22
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr ChristineM 2,837
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 9 hr NoahLovesU 1,229
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 12 hr polymath257 41
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 13 hr polymath257 276
More from around the web