Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#141671 Nov 30, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Does someone who is not "hapless" have haps?
Just wondering.
I don't know for certain, you'll probably have to correct me on this, but I would assume the "hapless" would be without hap.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#141672 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
um..... What?
A whale couldn't survive for a year on a boat. Are you forgetting that?
Are you also forgetting that God made it rain?
How do you know it was raining fresh water? Were you there? Did you take some samples?
My point is your whole thesis is based on assumption, not facts.
Your scientific analysis is flawed.
Okay.

So here we are at the global flood:

1) You assume that the biggest, most catastrophic flood in history happens, without leaving evidence verifiable evidence by acclaimed geologists?

2) You assume that the biggest, most catastrophic flood in history happens, and destroys every living being, save those on a wooden boat?

3) You assume that the most animals and biggest variety of species ever assembled survived with only have 8 cartakers. This, while modern zoos need hundreds of employees to feed and clean after the animals.

4) You assume that the earth gains trillions of tonnes of water and suddenly it vanishes? If the entire earth was filled with water, just where would water recede to?

5) Somehow, the two specimens of every spcies of animal makes it to their continent safely (Are you really going to suggest that koalas, sloths, leopards and wallabies swam across oceans?)

6) Further, you assume that these species would inhabit the land without having the food pyramid collapse. Think of it. What would the herbivores eat? Are you assuming that trees survived 40 days underwater? What did the carnivores eat? If they ate just one animal, that would destroy a breeding pair and the species go extinct. Are you going to assume that carnivores "just were not very hungry" for about ten years until the population stabilised?

7) Lastly, you are implying that it rained salt water. Do you understand how rain water is formed? Do you understand that water vapour cannot hold any salt crystals, that is why rain is ALWAYS is fresh water.

Trust me, mate. Noah's Ark is a fib. Any ONE of these 7 assumptions will shoot pieces in any theory.
HeHe

North Augusta, SC

#141673 Nov 30, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.
So here we are at the global flood:
1) You assume that the biggest, most catastrophic flood in history happens, without leaving evidence verifiable evidence by acclaimed geologists?
2) You assume that the biggest, most catastrophic flood in history happens, and destroys every living being, save those on a wooden boat?
3) You assume that the most animals and biggest variety of species ever assembled survived with only have 8 cartakers. This, while modern zoos need hundreds of employees to feed and clean after the animals.
4) You assume that the earth gains trillions of tonnes of water and suddenly it vanishes? If the entire earth was filled with water, just where would water recede to?
5) Somehow, the two specimens of every spcies of animal makes it to their continent safely (Are you really going to suggest that koalas, sloths, leopards and wallabies swam across oceans?)
6) Further, you assume that these species would inhabit the land without having the food pyramid collapse. Think of it. What would the herbivores eat? Are you assuming that trees survived 40 days underwater? What did
the carnivores eat? If they ate just one animal, that would destroy a breeding pair and the species go extinct. Are you going to assume that carnivores "just were not very hungry" for about ten years until the population stabilised?
7) Lastly, you are implying that it rained salt water. Do you understand how rain water is formed? Do you understand that water vapour cannot hold any salt crystals, that is why rain is ALWAYS is fresh water.
Trust me, mate. Noah's Ark is a fib. Any ONE of these 7 assumptions will shoot pieces in any theory.
You just don't understand magic at all, do you?
Thinking

Andover, UK

#141674 Nov 30, 2012
Sorry, I don't use a PC so I can't replicate your problem.

I run Mac OS and heard that BBC iPlayer would stop downloading with the latest Adobe Air so that's a month old but but my Flash is up to date and working fine on Safari and Firefox.
Clementia wrote:
Hey thinking, are you having problems with adobe flash player?
Can any of you guys help? I have internet explorer 9 and i downloaded flash player 11... something, but everything I restart my laptop and then i go on youtube, it tells me to upgrade every bloody time.
Thank you!
P.S. Thinking, all us uk people have to stick together!!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#141675 Nov 30, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I always had good vowel movements.
Your bowel movements seem to be interpreted by your fingers when you type your creationist rubbish in this forum.

#141676 Nov 30, 2012
HeHe wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't understand magic at all, do you?
LOL.

Well, I can do one or two card tricks

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#141677 Nov 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm not u or catcher, I'm me!!! Only me!And I don't weara chastity belt!!! LOOK EAGLE, LOOKAT THE BLOODY LOCATION!!!! I'M NOT CATHCER!!!!!!!!
01Dec12.....

.....'snatcher'/ lesiebo' is getting his jollies over you.

Ps:.....He changes hands without 'missing a stroke'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#141678 Nov 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
Yes, I'm british! Well done Redneck! Don't u just love cambridge!!! Now i hope eagle opens his eyes to the truth.
01Dec12.....

.....and just vot is a 'redNeck'?????

Ps:....something 'smacks' of Racism hereIN.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#141679 Nov 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
lol, it means i usedto listen under the duvet, very lateat night!
01Dec12.....

.....and just how did you ever put up vit da 'fishy' smell!!!

Ps:....Kinda like salty crackers.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#141680 Nov 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
LOL, that other poster was me! I was pretending to be 'eternal bliss'. dimking, i mean thinking, is from the uk and we uk people stick together, ok? Don't mess with the uk gangsters!!@Batty...thanks for explaining
01Dec12.....

.....Wrong.

Nope. No you don't.

'dimKing' is the most filty-minded, foul-mouthed poster on TOPIX Forums.

'dimKing' is the personification of ALL that relates to hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists.

Ps:...Pertinent to UK people sticking together....you otta look into the Ronnie Biggs storie of the Great Train Robbery to find out where Ronnie is today. Sympathy for the devil....NOT.

Also, the Rolling Stones were 'chased' out of the UK because the government wanted all their money. Same applied to the Beatles, Clapton, Stewart, Elton, and tons of udders.

....Nope. Brits do NOT stick together......and da schidt is gonna hit the fan in the next few years when you guys take on the muslimes and try to toss'em into da sea.

Will be fun to watch.

By da vey, both 'dimKing' and 'sidingDumbPhew' are muslimes.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#141682 Nov 30, 2012
Thinking wrote:
UK forever! You won't find any unsolicited perv move from me anywhere on Topix... bob nob gobbler clearly has issues with youths!
<quoted text>
01Dec12.....

.....LIAR....

Ps:.....You are a paedophile and as Queer as dey come....ya sistaPhucka.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#141683 Nov 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Foreign languages are not Eagles forte.
It was a B+ by the way.
01Dec12.....

..ListenUp 'snatcher'...

.....Eagle's (vit an apostrophe)....and NOT Eagles (which means plural). YES!!!

Ps:....Definately a D- for you, ya eeejit.

....and in da language of BobLoblay its 'by da vey' toooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

#141684 Nov 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're very welcome.
My purpose, my motivation for participating in these threads is to help.
In any way I can.
:)
Doubl Fine has a legal problem.

I want to syphon some cash out of the work accounts, but want to make it look legit.

What should I do?

Location hidden

#141685 Nov 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's Walter Mitty?
01Dec12.....

.....YOU.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#141686 Nov 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, fudge. I'd rather be motivated and hardworking than fashionable.
01Dec12.....

.....LIAR...thou arth 'sidingDumbPhew'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#141687 Nov 30, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>01Dec12.....
.....LIAR...thou arth 'sidingDumbPhew'.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Oh, Baoblblalbhalhblahlhalha, you are soooooooooooo right!!!

You've never been righter!

Can we date?

Location hidden

#141688 Nov 30, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubl Fine has a legal problem.
I want to syphon some cash out of the work accounts, but want to make it look legit.
What should I do?
01Dec12.....

.....Direct your question to 'christineM','dimKing','siding DumbPhew'.....even stupid 'snatcher'.

Ps:.....BobLoblah is sure dat there are udder hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic carpetBaggers hereIN dat can answer dis von toooooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#141690 Nov 30, 2012
01Dec12.....

....and once again, LIARS who said dat they Never readUP on BobLoblah's postings, are coming forth and proving themselves that they are hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists.

Ps:....No need to 'go figure'.

BobLoblah Rules.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#141691 Nov 30, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>01Dec12.....
.....Naw. Not a chance.
Ps:.....BobLoblah does not want any schidt-for-brains in da blood lineage.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Hahaha, oh, bobblalahlha!

You are so right! You have never been righter!

Can we date?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#141692 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your excuse?
Projection much?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam for peace, or violence? 15 min Chiclets 41
Our world came from nothing? 17 min Reason Personified 1,041
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Adam 22,993
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 6 hr Thinking 2
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Mon Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. Mon Thinking 87
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE