Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
KJV

United States

#141486 Nov 28, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>if you were the only one it wouldnt be a race.

is god in a race?with whom?these other gods?

www.godchecker.com
Well it certainly would not be one Vegas would be taking bets on. LOL

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#141487 Nov 28, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I saw the Kumar's live in Warwick. Their programme was printed like a curry house menu. I saw Sanjeev Bhaskar again in Hammersmith for a Dougals Adams tribute. Loved them all to bits.
I really loved "Sparkhill Sound" on Radio 4, the precursor to Citizen Khan, but only made it through two of the TV programmes. You're right, it should've been hilarious but it was too concerned about offence to be funny. The cast was very talented, I felt let down.
It was more self conscious and nearly as unfunny as the Cosby show was in the US.
<quoted text>
Adil ray is really really funny. I used to listen to him on the radio, but i wasn't impressed with his acting.

I never knew about sparkhill sound.

I don't know why people find the truth offensive!

I wasn't lying! I was messin' being eternal bliss, sorry!!!!!!
KJV

United States

#141488 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>IT'S!

I'm not Catcher!
No Catcher is Happy Lesbo

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#141489 Nov 28, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, here's some more words of wisdom. Your God told Noah to gather ALL vertebrates and AIR BREATHERS, Whales fall into that category.....now, said Ark, for all you children out there, was said to be 400 feet long. A BLUE WHALE is 98 feet long and weights around 180 tons, of course you need two right? Next we would have a two Brontosaurus's each over 75 feet in length and each weighing around 16 tons. So kiddies, lets do the math. Before we load any of the other millions of species aboard we already have almost a half million tons of animal flesh on board 492 tons, and a combined length of 346 feet. Ok lets start loading all those marsupials. Ever wonder how they got to the location of the Ark from Australia? Oh yeah, GODMAGIC, I forgot. Same GODMAGIC that got the animals from both the Arctic and Antarctic. Ok kids, story time is over, off to bed!!!!
Oh boy.

"God told Noah to gather ALL vertebrates and AIR BREATHERS, Whales fall into that category..."

Please provide the scripture that says that. If you can, we'll continue.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#141490 Nov 28, 2012
You're right about Adil Ray being really funny. Sparkhill Sound was a superb radio creation. But when he hit the TV as Khan, it felt all 70s and naff.

I've got the .mp3 but the BBC doesn't want to share anymore :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010y31b
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Adil ray is really really funny. I used to listen to him on the radio, but i wasn't impressed with his acting.
I never knew about sparkhill sound.
I don't know why people find the truth offensive!
I wasn't lying! I was messin' being eternal bliss, sorry!!!!!!

Location hidden

#141491 Nov 28, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it says he saw God just wondering was it the God of the bible? I know nothing more less of you faith so my question has no malice intent just true curiosity.
So he saw the same God as Moses saw pretty interesting.
I am Christian by the way.
Yes, We believe there is only one God! Everyone worships the same God but every religion uses different names for him. Your God is the same as my God, but I have a different view of him. We have a different understanding of him and a different relationship with him.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#141492 Nov 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but don't worry for me.
I know people who know those people who know people.
Those people have my back.
I'm at least two people.

I don't know where my other personality is right now.

I'm sure she'll be along.

Location hidden

#141493 Nov 28, 2012
Thinking wrote:
You're right about Adil Ray being really funny. Sparkhill Sound was a superb radio creation. But when he hit the TV as Khan, it felt all 70s and naff.
I've got the .mp3 but the BBC doesn't want to share anymore :(
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010y31b
<quoted text>
Oh, what a shame! Did u ever listen to him on asian network at night? that was too funny, i was a duvet listener, lol.

@redneck...what u been drinkin'? explain this;

"I figured you'd welcome her in my stead."

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#141494 Nov 28, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts to a Topix atheist is something "they" told you is true. Not "facts" they develop from living themselves. Why "education" is so important to them. Otherwise they wouldn't know nothing. They'd be iggorant.
Of course, the more esoteric the "facts" they are told are "facts" by "them", and them learning those "facts", just really boosts their egos because their "education" is now elevated.
Of course, this causes many, many billions of existing humans, and all of those existing before these "facts" were revealed by "them", to be stupid, which would just have to elevate their egos to even higher levels. The absolute cream of the crop of humanity. The pinnacle of education and intelligence. It took billions of years to get there, but they arrived.
Here to save humanity.
Atheists are dumb.
Earth to Dave...Come in Dave!

Location hidden

#141495 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
Look, I said I'm a young dumb blonde
You had me at hello.....

Location hidden

#141496 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave the people of Noah's time 120 years to prepare for God's judgment and repent of their sin and rebellion toward God. During this time of grace only Noah and his family obeyed, repented, and were saved.
Before God judges a people, He always gives fair warning. This is seen many times in the Bible. No one will be able to come before the judgement throne of God and say they never knew about God's demands.
You do believe it's a metaphorical story, right?

But why did God create us to punish us? What's the point?

Location hidden

#141497 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm at least two people.
I don't know where my other personality is right now.
I'm sure she'll be along.
Do you ever tell yourself no?
What if only half of you has a headache?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#141498 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Eagle!
What have you got against chickens?
Eagles have never respected chickens.

At least they aren't as bad as chicken hawks.

Location hidden

#141499 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You had me at hello.....
WHAT? I don't get it!

See guys, i'm from england and i am 'eternal bliss', sorry i won't mess around again.

see eagle i'm from uk! i'm not catcher!!

Location hidden

#141500 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yqVKYalTCbYXX
lol.

awww, those cartoons used to come on in england too.

Ok, i think i should go to sleep now, nite guys!! X

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#141501 Nov 28, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>29Nov12.....
......BobLoblah thought dat you didn't readUP on BobLoblah's postings......ya LIAR.
Ps:.....The Holy and Blessed season of Christmas is the time when a whole lotta you hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists 'chokeUP'.....what with all da Free food and booze dat comes yer way....ya carpetBagger & leech.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
So you try to murder people with food after you get them drunk? So resentful that that you invited the over you are hmmm? You will choke on a free cucumber and and you will like it.

Location hidden

#141502 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You do believe it's a metaphorical story, right?
But why did God create us to punish us? What's the point?
I believe it's a allegorical story. I think it's intended to do a warning, nothing more.

It is not a scientific account, it is an account of God's promise, man's obedience, and God's fidelity. Don't use standards of science, geography and history to judge literature that is none of these things.

Also do not cite spurious scientific sources to rebut biblical accounts. There is plenty of geological evidence for catastrophic flooding in different stages of earth's history, and in biblical times in the Near East where this account took place.

I really don't think it was a worldwide flood, I think it was a local flood. The biblical use of "all the earth," even in the N.T., often refers to the Middle East, or sometimes the Roman Empire. For example, when Jesus was born, Luke 2 records that "all the earth" was taxed by the Romans.....

Location hidden

#141503 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT? I don't get it!
See guys, i'm from england and i am 'eternal bliss', sorry i won't mess around again.
see eagle i'm from uk! i'm not catcher!!
You don't have movies in England? "You had me at hello" is from Jerry McGuire, a Tom Cruise movie. Not bad, for a chick flick.

Location hidden

#141504 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yqVKYalTCbYXX
never such a crazy myth as a chicken!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#141505 Nov 28, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are even more dumber.
Hiding, my love, I have a piece of evolutionary knowledge for you. Something that can determine if your genes, or even yourself, will survive for more than the moment.
Cock your eye to that juicy morsel of knowledge hanging there in the middle of nothing, wriggling around ever so temptingly.
Nibble it at the edges. Don't gulp it down. It's important you do that.
You are even double more dumber with a topping of crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 50 min Richardfs 691
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr Jaimie 151
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 2 hr Igor Trip 6
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 6 hr Patrick 140
Is Religion Childish? 10 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 11 hr _Bad Company 22,919
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 12 hr Richardfs 5,584

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE