Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
135,961 - 135,980 of 224,614 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedroís Legal Service
Yes we accept Chickens!
Meís also help meís vatoís wid de English grammar, cause meís smart.
Oh, Eagle!

What have you got against chickens?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are dumb when they say everything just popped out of nowhere in seconds and then call theists stupid for believing it took six days. Among a few other things they often say.
You have a serious issue understanding theists and deists. You see, you think literally like a fundie of any religion, totally oblivious to the fact most theists and deists don't take the words in the books so serious as you do. The Big Bang and evolution can very easily be the mechanism a deity used to achieve its ends. Most intelligent people realize those books are old and had to be written in a parable fashion. Kind of hard explaining modern cosmology to goatherders that didn't have telescopes. Or even first grade in an accredited school. But they were still human, and that is what the books are about.
But damned if you won't use such a thing as a talking point to support your views. And then go into rants against religions.
To make things easier on you, perhaps any more posts you make to me you can use the line number of the script you have read them off. I have heard them all many, many times. Amazing how "free thinkers" can think the exact same thing.
Atheists don't say that, cosmologist and astrophysicists do. They do so based on observation, physics, math, and peer review. Don't let your stupidity leak out and make it sound like this was something someone made up. "The Big Bang and evolution can very easily be the mechanism a deity used to achieve its ends." Another idiotic statement based on your own preconceptions. That is one of the more idiotic ways to make a point. Start with a preconceived idea, and then fill in around the idea. Lets instead start with your evidence that a deity exists i the first place, then take it from there.....ready set......GO..........Nothing, yeah I thought so.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are dumb when they say everything just popped out of nowhere in seconds and then call theists stupid for believing it took six days. Among a few other things they often say.
You have a serious issue understanding theists and deists. You see, you think literally like a fundie of any religion, totally oblivious to the fact most theists and deists don't take the words in the books so serious as you do. The Big Bang and evolution can very easily be the mechanism a deity used to achieve its ends. Most intelligent people realize those books are old and had to be written in a parable fashion. Kind of hard explaining modern cosmology to goatherders that didn't have telescopes. Or even first grade in an accredited school. But they were still human, and that is what the books are about.
But damned if you won't use such a thing as a talking point to support your views. And then go into rants against religions.
To make things easier on you, perhaps any more posts you make to me you can use the line number of the script you have read them off. I have heard them all many, many times. Amazing how "free thinkers" can think the exact same thing.
[The Amen section all stood up and said, AMEN].

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, can you introduce me to those people too?
Do u know I'm 'eternal bliss'? I'm bored so i thought i'd mess around, i'm not very good at it.
If this is true, don't do it again because it's not nice Clementine.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thereís no doubt about it. Youíre a woman. Everything is the mans fault.
Iím already acquainted with everything being my fault. And I do mean everything.
Mans is not a word.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? sorry I was just messin', but if it's not nice I won't do it again, sorry!!

But atleast now u guys know i'm from england!

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for clarifying that up for us.
The "up" is not necessary.

It's like saying, "I'm replying back to you." The "back" is redundant.

Another example: "Where are you at?" Can you identify the needless word?

(You will probably have a hard time with this one.)

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But what I don't get is that why would a magic God who created the whole universe, need a man to build an ark, to save each species? It just don't make sense to me!
Iím pretty sure no matter which way God would have handled it. Atheist would question why he did it this way and not another way. If Noah had built a giant tree house. You atheist would be saying,ďWhy did he do that, he could have made a ship!Ē

You may or may not have had the distinguished privilege of driving with a miserable nagging woman. No matter what you do. It should have been done the other way. Thatís kind of the way atheist are. It just doesnít matter to them, it was done wrong.

Your question by the way is an atheist question. Youíre not supposed to be an atheist or did you forget that? Thatís the problem a poster has when he has multiple sign on names.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mans is not a word.
Pedro, it's ok, it's only a bloody forum. Your words by the way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mans is not a word.
Oh, crap! You got it again.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Eagle!
What have you got against chickens?
Nothing is just I don't like them in the office.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Negative icons = hit the twatfuck christard nail on the head. jesus culting christ you fucktards are so simple.

PS bob nobgobbler - pay out for pope kiddie abuse NOW.
Thinking wrote:
Cockpuppet.
<quoted text>

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking to yourself? Man you are weird.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím pretty sure no matter which way God would have handled it. Atheist would question why he did it this way and not another way. If Noah had built a giant tree house. You atheist would be saying,ďWhy did he do that, he could have made a ship!Ē
You may or may not have had the distinguished privilege of driving with a miserable nagging woman. No matter what you do. It should have been done the other way. Thatís kind of the way atheist are. It just doesnít matter to them, it was done wrong.
Your question by the way is an atheist question. Youíre not supposed to be an atheist or did you forget that? Thatís the problem a poster has when he has multiple sign on names.
Catcher, I got it!!!!!! He did it again in the first line!!!! lol, I haven't even read after that first line, i'll do it now.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

I saw the Kumar's live in Warwick. Their programme was printed like a curry house menu. I saw Sanjeev Bhaskar again in Hammersmith for a Dougals Adams tribute. Loved them all to bits.

I really loved "Sparkhill Sound" on Radio 4, the precursor to Citizen Khan, but only made it through two of the TV programmes. You're right, it should've been hilarious but it was too concerned about offence to be funny. The cast was very talented, I felt let down.

It was more self conscious and nearly as unfunny as the Cosby show was in the US.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
OMG, I use to watch the kumars, they were funny!
Did you watch the new series called citizen khan? It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Atheists are dumb, because they refuse to believe in mythical beings and magical places. Does that mean that anyone who doesn't believe in the Greek Mythology's is also dumb?
The you must contend that Theists are the opposite from dumb. People who believe an imaginary being created all there is in a few days. That it created the first human by scooping up a handful of dirt and blew on it. It then wrenched out one of this mans ribs and magically a women popped into existence. Yep, Theists are so much more intelligent !!!!!
Why can't you read?

How many times do you have to taught that the world wasn't created in 6 days.........?

Are you retarded?

(sorry, retards, that was mean to you.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is just I don't like them in the office.
IT'S!

I'm not Catcher!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "up" is not necessary.
It's like saying, "I'm replying back to you." The "back" is redundant.
Another example: "Where are you at?" Can you identify the needless word?
(You will probably have a hard time with this one.)
Ebonics version: Where you be?
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Catcher's one of the guys that values truth. If you want to lie your face off, save that for the religitards.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? sorry I was just messin', but if it's not nice I won't do it again, sorry!!
But atleast now u guys know i'm from england!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, try harder. Logic 101, either A is or it isn't, that simple. Therefore either A is a "fact" or it isn't.
Apparently you are incapable understanding simple concepts, thats a FACT!!!
?

The letter "A" is a symbolic representation.

Now, that's a fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 43 min ChristineM 843
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 4 hr CunningLinguist 29
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr NightSerf 258
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 6 hr CunningLinguist 229
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 7 hr CunningLinguist 70,963
Introducing The Universal Religion 13 hr Patrick 737
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 13 hr Patrick 397
•••
•••