Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#141450 Nov 28, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Atheists are dumb, because they refuse to believe in mythical beings and magical places. Does that mean that anyone who doesn't believe in the Greek Mythology's is also dumb?
The you must contend that Theists are the opposite from dumb. People who believe an imaginary being created all there is in a few days. That it created the first human by scooping up a handful of dirt and blew on it. It then wrenched out one of this mans ribs and magically a women popped into existence. Yep, Theists are so much more intelligent !!!!!
Atheists are dumb when they say everything just popped out of nowhere in seconds and then call theists stupid for believing it took six days. Among a few other things they often say.

You have a serious issue understanding theists and deists. You see, you think literally like a fundie of any religion, totally oblivious to the fact most theists and deists don't take the words in the books so serious as you do. The Big Bang and evolution can very easily be the mechanism a deity used to achieve its ends. Most intelligent people realize those books are old and had to be written in a parable fashion. Kind of hard explaining modern cosmology to goatherders that didn't have telescopes. Or even first grade in an accredited school. But they were still human, and that is what the books are about.

But damned if you won't use such a thing as a talking point to support your views. And then go into rants against religions.

To make things easier on you, perhaps any more posts you make to me you can use the line number of the script you have read them off. I have heard them all many, many times. Amazing how "free thinkers" can think the exact same thing.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#141451 Nov 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but don't worry for me.
I know people who know those people who know people.
Those people have my back.
29Nov12.....

.....and it's more bullSchidt from 'catchSchidt...annudder schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#141452 Nov 28, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So you think it wise to believe in magic? Is it also wise to believe in something simply because it makes you feel good?
Evolution scientists base their finding on EVIDENCE. You make a "judgement" on something based on reliable facts or the absent's of those facts. Peter Pan is either real or he isn't. Make a judgement, is he real? Who do you judge if he is or isn't?
I prefer NOT to have to go back and find your post on hospitals. Would you stay home and pray if you were seriously ill rather than go to the hospital?
Peter Pan will exist long after you are gone and forgotten. He must then exist.

That's a fact.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#141453 Nov 28, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>29Nov12.....
....but NOT as squashy as your schidt-for-brains 'internalPiss'.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Hey, don't be mean!! I was just playin' as 'eternal bliss'! I'm going to cry, u big meany!!!!!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#141454 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No dumb ass. I asked YOU about whales on the Ark. You're the idiot that thinks he can "disprove" the Ark story because "whales wouldn't fit on the Ark."
*hint* Whales live in the sea.......
Also you're the imbecile that said that Ark is fake because dinosaurs wouldn't fit...
Any other words of wisdom?
Sure, here's some more words of wisdom. Your God told Noah to gather ALL vertebrates and AIR BREATHERS, Whales fall into that category.....now, said Ark, for all you children out there, was said to be 400 feet long. A BLUE WHALE is 98 feet long and weights around 180 tons, of course you need two right? Next we would have a two Brontosaurus's each over 75 feet in length and each weighing around 16 tons. So kiddies, lets do the math. Before we load any of the other millions of species aboard we already have almost a half million tons of animal flesh on board 492 tons, and a combined length of 346 feet. Ok lets start loading all those marsupials. Ever wonder how they got to the location of the Ark from Australia? Oh yeah, GODMAGIC, I forgot. Same GODMAGIC that got the animals from both the Arctic and Antarctic. Ok kids, story time is over, off to bed!!!!

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#141455 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the depression is due to the stress of organizing family, buying gifts, and all that. There are also those people who still buy into the "can't be happy without family" nonsense that have no family so they drop into depression as well. The depression is actually your fault, people like you who tell them they shouldn't feel depressed "because it's the holidays!"
There’s no doubt about it. You’re a woman. Everything is the mans fault.

I’m already acquainted with everything being my fault. And I do mean everything.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#141456 Nov 28, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I had as simple a mind as you do.
What constitutes a "fact" is a lot more complicated than what you portray. You are unlikely to understand that.
That's a fact.
Nope, try harder. Logic 101, either A is or it isn't, that simple. Therefore either A is a "fact" or it isn't.

Apparently you are incapable understanding simple concepts, thats a FACT!!!

Location hidden

#141457 Nov 28, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>29Nov12.....
.....YEAH.
BobLoblah's cup runneth over with IQs.
Ps:....haul da hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists are schidt-for-brains and just cannot handle da wit of BobLoblah who runs circles around dem haul da dime.
Ps:...be careful 'out' there.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Don't pretend you care, u big meany blob!!!! How could u pick on me like that?

Southern Illinois

#141458 Nov 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not a sentence, dude.
Pedro’s Legal Service

Yes we accept Chickens!

Me’s also help me’s vato’s wid de English grammar, cause me’s smart.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#141459 Nov 28, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter Pan will exist long after you are gone and forgotten. He must then exist.
That's a fact.
This post tells me all I need to know about you. Thanks for the heads up.

Location hidden

#141460 Nov 28, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, here's some more words of wisdom. Your God told Noah to gather ALL vertebrates and AIR BREATHERS, Whales fall into that category.....now, said Ark, for all you children out there, was said to be 400 feet long. A BLUE WHALE is 98 feet long and weights around 180 tons, of course you need two right? Next we would have a two Brontosaurus's each over 75 feet in length and each weighing around 16 tons. So kiddies, lets do the math. Before we load any of the other millions of species aboard we already have almost a half million tons of animal flesh on board 492 tons, and a combined length of 346 feet. Ok lets start loading all those marsupials. Ever wonder how they got to the location of the Ark from Australia? Oh yeah, GODMAGIC, I forgot. Same GODMAGIC that got the animals from both the Arctic and Antarctic. Ok kids, story time is over, off to bed!!!!
But what I don't get is that why would a magic God who created the whole universe, need a man to build an ark, to save each species? It just don't make sense to me!

Southern Illinois

#141461 Nov 28, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
The first mention of December 25 as the birth date of Jesus occurred in A.D. 336 in an early Roman calendar. The celebration of this day as Jesus' birth date was probably influenced by pagan festivals held at that time. The ancient Romans held year-end celebrations to honor Saturn, their harvest god; and Mithras, the god of light... As part of all these celebrations, the people prepared special foods, decorated their homes with greenery, and joined in singing and gift giving. These customs gradually became part of the Christmas celebration.
The Puritans of Massachusetts Bay frowned on Christmas revelry, considering the holiday a Roman Catholic ritual. A law in the colony barred anyone from taking the day off work, feasting or engaging in other celebrations on Christmas, under penalty of a five-shilling fine. The law was repealed in 1681, but Christmas celebrations remained unpopular in New England and other colonies for many years.
Even after the Revolution many Americans still viewed Christmas as a Tory custom and a reminder of the expelled British. Although Christmas became popular in the South as early as the 1830s, other regions were apathetic.
Congress did not begin adjourning on Christmas Day until 1856. Public schools in New England were often open on Dec. 25, as were many factories and offices. Many Protestant churches refused to hold services, considering the holiday “Pope-ish.”
Not until after the Civil War did Christmas begin to seriously affect American cultural and religious life. European immigration increased sharply after the war, and many of the newcomers came from countries with strong Christmas traditions. Germans, Italians, Poles, Swedes, Norwegians and others brought the holiday and many of its features, including Christmas trees and Santa Claus, to America in a big way.
The celebration spread, and in 1870 Christmas was declared a federal holiday by Congress. But practices in the states continued to vary. As late as 1931 nine states still called for public schools to remain open on Christmas Day.
That view of Christmas history is interesting. As you know I don’t share that same view of this alleged history. Christmas for me started back thousands of years ago when Christ was born.

But thank you for sharing that with us.

Southern Illinois

#141462 Nov 28, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, one of the writers of the NT was not a medical doctor, authorship of the NT is completely unknown, there are NO autographed copies, the originals do not exist, we have ONLY stories told over the last 2000 years about who actually wrote the NT.
I never said I didn't trust a person of faith to do their job, don't put words into my mouth. I don't trust people who claim to know things without supportive evidence, big difference.
Thank you for clarifying that up for us.

Location hidden

#141463 Nov 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedro’s Legal Service
Yes we accept Chickens!
Me’s also help me’s vato’s wid de English grammar, cause me’s smart.
Oh, Eagle!

What have you got against chickens?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#141464 Nov 28, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are dumb when they say everything just popped out of nowhere in seconds and then call theists stupid for believing it took six days. Among a few other things they often say.
You have a serious issue understanding theists and deists. You see, you think literally like a fundie of any religion, totally oblivious to the fact most theists and deists don't take the words in the books so serious as you do. The Big Bang and evolution can very easily be the mechanism a deity used to achieve its ends. Most intelligent people realize those books are old and had to be written in a parable fashion. Kind of hard explaining modern cosmology to goatherders that didn't have telescopes. Or even first grade in an accredited school. But they were still human, and that is what the books are about.
But damned if you won't use such a thing as a talking point to support your views. And then go into rants against religions.
To make things easier on you, perhaps any more posts you make to me you can use the line number of the script you have read them off. I have heard them all many, many times. Amazing how "free thinkers" can think the exact same thing.
Atheists don't say that, cosmologist and astrophysicists do. They do so based on observation, physics, math, and peer review. Don't let your stupidity leak out and make it sound like this was something someone made up. "The Big Bang and evolution can very easily be the mechanism a deity used to achieve its ends." Another idiotic statement based on your own preconceptions. That is one of the more idiotic ways to make a point. Start with a preconceived idea, and then fill in around the idea. Lets instead start with your evidence that a deity exists i the first place, then take it from there.....ready set......GO..........Nothing, yeah I thought so.

Southern Illinois

#141465 Nov 28, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
[The Amen section all stood up and said, AMEN].

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#141466 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, can you introduce me to those people too?
Do u know I'm 'eternal bliss'? I'm bored so i thought i'd mess around, i'm not very good at it.
If this is true, don't do it again because it's not nice Clementine.

San Francisco, CA

#141467 Nov 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s no doubt about it. You’re a woman. Everything is the mans fault.
I’m already acquainted with everything being my fault. And I do mean everything.
Mans is not a word.

Location hidden

#141468 Nov 28, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is true, don't do it again because it's not nice Clementine.
Really? sorry I was just messin', but if it's not nice I won't do it again, sorry!!

But atleast now u guys know i'm from england!

San Francisco, CA

#141469 Nov 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for clarifying that up for us.
The "up" is not necessary.

It's like saying, "I'm replying back to you." The "back" is redundant.

Another example: "Where are you at?" Can you identify the needless word?

(You will probably have a hard time with this one.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 59 min Carchar king 163
God' existence 1 hr Carchar king 78
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Eagle 12 2,599
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 hr thetruth 202
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 5 hr chris toal 39
Evidence for God! 7 hr thetruth 368
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 7 hr thetruth 8
More from around the web