Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,797)

Showing posts 135,921 - 135,940 of217,765
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the writers of the New Testament was a Medical Doctor. Did you know that Doctor?
{I don't "trust" people who base their beliefs on unsupported, or in the case of religion, non-existent evidence}.
My good Doctor, I think what you mean in the previous statement. Is that you donít want to trust people who base their beliefs in God. If you have a heart attack Doctor and I hope you donít by the way. You may find yourself in the care of people that do believe in God.
When you go to a restaurant my good man. The food you ate may have been prepared by people of faith. Your entire life Doctor you have been around people of faith. They have fed you, clothed you, fixed and manufactured your automobiles, flown and serviced your airplanes. Given your medicine and healthcare.
We know you donít want to trust people of faith but you have too.
Is he the one that came up with this:

Jesus cures an epileptic "lunatic" by "rebuking the devil." (Epilepsy is caused by devils.) Matthew 17:15-18

Or this?

Jesus puts his fingers in a deaf man's ears, then spits and touches his tongue. This immediately cured his deafness. Mark 7:32-35

Of course that could be explained with magic, but then there's this:

Whoever enters a pool after it is stirred up by angels will be cured of "whatsoever disease he had." John 5:4

Sadly, you said new testament, there's better "cures" in the old. Very funny stuff.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Youíre confusing Halloween with Christmas.
Yule is older than Christmas, and it's trees, logs, celebration with family, drinks, and food.

I don't confuse my holidays.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Christmas is also a time when people struggle with depression. Iím not sure why thatís case but it is a fact. Maybe itís because they feel alone and without.

When I was growing up our next door neighbor was a single woman and a teacher. She came over one day during the Christmas Holidays. She was depressed because she was alone. At the time I think she was in her 50ís.

She was a really sweet woman and a wonderful neighbor. She had dedicated so much of her life to her students and teaching. There was little time dedicating to socializing.
You know thereís enough people on the earth no one should be alone.

Thereís family, friends, neighbors, work associates, just plenty of good people to go around. So if you know someone who is all alone. Show some kindness and invite them over for a hot cup of coffee and some brownies. A hug and some love will go a long way to uplifting someone.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
Christmas is also a time when people struggle with depression. Iím not sure why thatís case but it is a fact. Maybe itís because they feel alone and without.
When I was growing up our next door neighbor was a single woman and a teacher. She came over one day during the Christmas Holidays. She was depressed because she was alone. At the time I think she was in her 50ís.
She was a really sweet woman and a wonderful neighbor. She had dedicated so much of her life to her students and teaching. There was little time dedicating to socializing.
You know thereís enough people on the earth no one should be alone.
Thereís family, friends, neighbors, work associates, just plenty of good people to go around. So if you know someone who is all alone. Show some kindness and invite them over for a hot cup of coffee and some brownies. A hug and some love will go a long way to uplifting someone.
Most of the depression is due to the stress of organizing family, buying gifts, and all that. There are also those people who still buy into the "can't be happy without family" nonsense that have no family so they drop into depression as well. The depression is actually your fault, people like you who tell them they shouldn't feel depressed "because it's the holidays!"

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it at all possible for you to count past ten without losing track?
Billions? Wow, you are clueless.
There are estimates of about 100 billion people since people began.

You thought you are one of the originals?

http://www.prb.org/Articles/2002/HowManyPeopl...

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

For the vampire fans, this is it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
World War Z!
Yeah, I wanna watch that one.
Dream of zombie Brad Pitt trying to eat your brains.
NOOOOOOO! That's not a dream it's a nightmare, I don't like him, lol!

“Dont kill innocent people just”

Since: Jul 12

"because they're inconvenient"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>rational "judgements" are opinions, opinions are not a pathway to truth.
I don't "trust" people who base their beliefs on unsupported, or in the case of religion, non-existent evidence.
Then tell me why you don't stay home and pray rather than go to the hospital if you become seriously ill? How's the Christian science couple making out after killing the own child through lack of medical care?
A judgement is the ability to judge, make a decision, or form an opinion objectively, authoritatively, and wisely. Not merely an opinion. Your evolution scientists have findings based on their best judgements......

I don't care what you do or don't trust.

I've already told you about praying to heal. Don't you read?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Keyboards get smaller and smaller. Thumbs don't.
I don't think you're dumb.
Have you ever talked to this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
True, but the n and the w are so far apart. And you're not so dumb yourself.

That's how I feel when I talk to some of the more.. passionate people here. "Don't humiliate him... for your safety!"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, dimwit YOU asked why someone said Whales were on the Ark, I answered, according to your holy book, how is that "cheery picking?"
You can't be a rational human and believe for a second that the story of the Ark actually happened. No one with critical thinking ability could accept such BS.
So you believe that dinosaurs "were" on the Ark. Any idea how many different species of dinosaurs there were? Do you have any idea just how big a Brontosaurus is?
No dumb ass. I asked YOU about whales on the Ark. You're the idiot that thinks he can "disprove" the Ark story because "whales wouldn't fit on the Ark."

*hint* Whales live in the sea.......

Also you're the imbecile that said that Ark is fake because dinosaurs wouldn't fit...

Any other words of wisdom?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
An Indian giver is someone who gives a present but takes it back. A bit like the infected blankets that wiped out indigenous Americans.
An Indian burn is more usually called a Chinese burn in the UK.
Anyway, everything is Indian. The proof is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>
LOL
OMG, I use to watch the kumars, they were funny!
Did you watch the new series called citizen khan? It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>29Nov12.....
.....You otta go and see 'The Last Temptation Of The Christ'...
Ps:.....Dat otta open yer eyes to vot Torture really is.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Ok, I'll tell them to read my old posts.

Oh, I don't know why but I never heard of indian giver before, but thanks.

I've seen the old Jesus films and the passion of the christ, that was too much for me, but a brilliant film!

How can you say that? I just told you that babies were cut into pieces and how the gurus/saints were tortured and you're telling me I don't know what torture is? Were you not paying attention to my post?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>29Nov12.....
.....But it does NOT measure up to 'Ben-Hur','Lawrence Of Arabia','Bridge On The River Kwai', or 'Spartacus'......let alone 'Airforce One'.
Ps:.....Today's Hollywood junk is exactly that.'Junk'.
But as BobLoblah said before:'today's 20 - somethings and 30 - somethings just have NOT grown UP'.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Yeah!! I seen those films but not the river kwai one. Old films are the BEST and the actors were sooooooo much better looking!! It's not my fault filmy guys don't make better films anymore.

You know what I hate? REMAKES!!!!!!!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the depression is due to the stress of organizing family, buying gifts, and all that. There are also those people who still buy into the "can't be happy without family" nonsense that have no family so they drop into depression as well. The depression is actually your fault, people like you who tell them they shouldn't feel depressed "because it's the holidays!"
Depression is the sign of a weak mind.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, you don't like your holiday being stolen by us atheists, how cute. Well, you shouldn't have stolen it from the pagans first, turn about is fair play.
29Nov12.....

......BobLoblah thought dat you didn't readUP on BobLoblah's postings......ya LIAR.

Ps:.....The Holy and Blessed season of Christmas is the time when a whole lotta you hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists 'chokeUP'.....what with all da Free food and booze dat comes yer way....ya carpetBagger & leech.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yule is older than Christmas, and it's trees, logs, celebration with family, drinks, and food.
I don't confuse my holidays.
29Nov12.....

.....ALL you hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists confuse ALL holidays.

Ps:.....because you ALL have schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> In Christianity Jesus died for all people, not just his people. That means Jesus only is the Savior of humankind. <quoted text> In Christianity any alleged messiah other than Jesus is a false messiah.
<quoted text> If your gurus and saints can deliever people like you then Christ died needlessly.
<quoted text> Like i said before. The Christian claim is either true or it is not. If what you are saying is true then the Christian claim is false. Both cannot be true. Yes, i am a Christian.
That's what I meant that in christianity ONLY Jesus gave his life for all people, but in sikhi so many gurus/saints gave their life for all people. But they still never said worship us, we are God. I don't believe Jesus would have ever said, only I can take you to God, It's not something that the saints would say as they have no ego.

No I don't believe Jesus is the only saviour of humankind. In my religion that is a false claim.

Christ didn't die needlessly, I'm sure he helped alot of people and he keeps helping them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah!! I seen those films but not the river kwai one. Old films are the BEST and the actors were sooooooo much better looking!! It's not my fault filmy guys don't make better films anymore.
You know what I hate? REMAKES!!!!!!!!!!
29Nov12.....

.....'here's lookin' at you, kid'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
"I just don't like your constant generalizations about "topix atheists" that you like to weave into these ridiculous, rambling sermons."
Change "Topix atheists" to religitards, christurds, stupid Christians, etc and you will understand why intelligent people, even if they aren't religious, are turned off by Topix atheists and get on here to make comments about them.
Hopefully you would.
Find one example where I ever called anyone a "christurd." I don't like to generalize. I do find that it is usually the christians who act stupid, but there are smart christians. That doesn't validate their beliefs. Our minds are very good at maintaining belief.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
"I just don't like your constant generalizations about "topix atheists" that you like to weave into these ridiculous, rambling sermons."
Change "Topix atheists" to religitards, christurds, stupid Christians, etc and you will understand why intelligent people, even if they aren't religious, are turned off by Topix atheists and get on here to make comments about them.
Hopefully you would.
Also, I just wanted to clarify, you are not smarter than me.

:)

I'm just kidding. What's intelligence anyway? It's just thingies being thingied by a thingy in an EM thingy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 135,921 - 135,940 of217,765
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••