Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
135,881 - 135,900 of 226,358 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#141383 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
... racism much?
29Nov12.....

....Nope...

Not tooooooooo much hereIN this message, except for the perUsual hatred and wicked and vile from you 'sidingDumbPhew'.

Ps:....Yer jest jealous and envious dat BobLoblah lives so much better and well Off than you do.....and yer schidt-for-brains spins ova and ova and ova at the mention of da name of BobLoblah.

Is it True dat your hAtheist buddies screwed more than 450+ kiddies down at the BBC!!!!!!!!!!

.....'dimKing' is one of the Madding Crowd. How's about you???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#141384 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
NO!!! The first season of True Blood is great! The first season of the Vampire Dairies, ifyou use the fast forward button on the sappy stuff, is great! Blade...well...uhm...yeah. Made for 12 year old boys.
29Nov12.....

.....racism much!!!!

Ps:.....Nepotism, maybe. Surely not paedophilia!!!!!!!! Perhaps subliminal messages from 'sidingDumbPhew' to 'dimKing'....hhmmmmm.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#141385 Nov 28, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>GREAT POSTING DAVE! I see you are dominating your opponents... because they are dumb
It's not hard, Clown. Anyone with a lick of sense could do it.

But thanks for the compliment.

Location hidden

#141386 Nov 28, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
Well, to be honest... I was 12 when the film came out. So I loved it! Wesley Snipes is also a very believable badass. He spent years studying Kung Fu and Capuera. He is a very good fighter. The Twilight Vampiresare sissies against him
29Nov12.....

.....Careful vot you say there.

Ps:....Dastardly Wesley Snipes is presently in a US of A federal prison for NOT paying his Taxes.

..Jest annuder beggar dat was put on a horseBack and rode to hell.

They should have thrown away the key.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Thinking

Andover, UK

#141387 Nov 28, 2012
Cockpuppet.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not hard, Clown. Anyone with a lick of sense could do it.
But thanks for the compliment.

Location hidden

#141388 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
It would be totally cool if Blade would kill the Twilight sissy vamps! "Hi, doyou like my Calvin Klein hair?" SLICE! "No."
29Nov2.....

.....more kiddie postings like dis from you who obviously have Not grown UP.....'sidingDumbPhew' and BobLoblah will Not entertain the thought of communicating with you.

Ps:....dink it over, ya schidt-for-brains....BobLoblah already nose vot you wanna do.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#141389 Nov 28, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
Yep,your right, just scroll right by until I find something coherent.
29Nov12.....

...LIAR.....You readUP on ALL BobLoblah's postings toooooooo.

.....BobLoblah speaks and ALL you hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists come runnin' for cover jest like cockRoaches with the lights flicked on.

Ps:.....'blackGoonie' remains a schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#141390 Nov 28, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Cockpuppet.
<quoted text>
LOL!!

Your attempts at appearing witty, clever, and intellectual are a riot.

See? God has a purpose even for you. You aren't a total waste.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#141391 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational judgement.
<quoted text>
If that's so, then trust the majority of Americans that say God is real.
<quoted text>
F_ck ya. I don't trust doctors at all, half the time the mis-diagnose & lead by guessing. They're nuts.
<quoted text>
Are you sure that it's 99%?
Besides, I've never said that evolution is not a fact...
<quoted text>
Agreed.
<quoted text>
No it's not. It does change too much. The "facts" get disputed by other "facts"...
<quoted text>
Obviously.....
<quoted text>
That would be wise.
rational "judgements" are opinions, opinions are not a pathway to truth.

I don't "trust" people who base their beliefs on unsupported, or in the case of religion, non-existent evidence.

Then tell me why you don't stay home and pray rather than go to the hospital if you become seriously ill? How's the Christian science couple making out after killing the own child through lack of medical care?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#141392 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cherry pick much?
Oh wait, you're the guy that thinks the Ark story is bullshit because dinosaurs wouldn't be able to fit on the Ark.
Nevermind.
Hey, dimwit YOU asked why someone said Whales were on the Ark, I answered, according to your holy book, how is that "cheery picking?"

You can't be a rational human and believe for a second that the story of the Ark actually happened. No one with critical thinking ability could accept such BS.

So you believe that dinosaurs "were" on the Ark. Any idea how many different species of dinosaurs there were? Do you have any idea just how big a Brontosaurus is?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#141393 Nov 28, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!
Your attempts at appearing witty, clever, and intellectual are a riot.
See? God has a purpose even for you. You aren't a total waste.
The jury is still out on you.

One of my assistants, an angel, will deliver the news to you when the verdict comes down.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#141394 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Natural selection acting on two clines.

In equatorial regions, UVA, B, and C are at their strongest. Hairless animals require melanin - as you write - a heavy molecule, to block the UV radiation. Unblocked, it destroys the follate (Vitamin B) in your blood. When that happens, your ability to produce new cells (heal, grow, and reproduce, and basic cellular activities) is impacted. So darker pigmentation is selected for.

At the same time, you produce Vit D in your skin. That's necessary for all things bone (growth and development, repair, teeth, joints, production of milk) and immune system function. You get enough, regardless of melatonin, in equatorial regions.

In North or South regions, the UV radiation becomes weaker and weaker the farther you get from the poles. You lose your need to protect your follate but increase your inability to produce Vit D. So lighter pigmentation is selected for.

In the middle regions, olive skin, or skin that can tan, is selected for, since the amount of UV radiation reaching the ground varies seasonally.

It's pretty simple and has nothing to do with "race," requiring only 7 genes or so out of more than 25 000. We can measure the UV radiation, vitamin B loss and vitamin D production directly - this isn't just a supported hypothesis, it's confirmed.
You meant "the farther we get from the equator" above, right?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#141395 Nov 28, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>No.

I just get on here to alert others reading what stupid and obnoxious shits you and others like you are.

It's a public service.
And worth what it costs.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#141396 Nov 28, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>29Nov12.....
.....The most correct way to spell Christmas is Christmas...and NOT Xmas!!!
Ps:....This goes to show ALL posters exactly the level of your IQ which BobLoblah pegs at below that of a cabbage.
Wanna know the origin of 'Xmas'???.....You could Never guess, ya schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Aw, you don't like your holiday being stolen by us atheists, how cute. Well, you shouldn't have stolen it from the pagans first, turn about is fair play.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#141397 Nov 28, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts to a Topix atheist is something "they" told you is true. Not "facts" they develop from living themselves. Why "education" is so important to them. Otherwise they wouldn't know nothing. They'd be iggorant.
Of course, the more esoteric the "facts" they are told are "facts" by "them", and them learning those "facts", just really boosts their egos because their "education" is now elevated.
Of course, this causes many, many billions of existing humans, and all of those existing before these "facts" were revealed by "them", to be stupid, which would just have to elevate their egos to even higher levels. The absolute cream of the crop of humanity. The pinnacle of education and intelligence. It took billions of years to get there, but they arrived.
Here to save humanity.
Atheists are dumb.
Is it at all possible for you to count past ten without losing track?

Billions? Wow, you are clueless.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#141398 Nov 28, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>rational "judgements" are opinions, opinions are not a pathway to truth.
I don't "trust" people who base their beliefs on unsupported, or in the case of religion, non-existent evidence.
Then tell me why you don't stay home and pray rather than go to the hospital if you become seriously ill? How's the Christian science couple making out after killing the own child through lack of medical care?
One of the writers of the New Testament was a Medical Doctor. Did you know that Doctor?

{I don't "trust" people who base their beliefs on unsupported, or in the case of religion, non-existent evidence}.

My good Doctor, I think what you mean in the previous statement. Is that you donít want to trust people who base their beliefs in God. If you have a heart attack Doctor and I hope you donít by the way. You may find yourself in the care of people that do believe in God.

When you go to a restaurant my good man. The food you ate may have been prepared by people of faith. Your entire life Doctor you have been around people of faith. They have fed you, clothed you, fixed and manufactured your automobiles, flown and serviced your airplanes. Given your medicine and healthcare.

We know you donít want to trust people of faith but you have too.

Southern Illinois

#141399 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, you don't like your holiday being stolen by us atheists, how cute. Well, you shouldn't have stolen it from the pagans first, turn about is fair play.
Youíre confusing Halloween with Christmas.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#141400 Nov 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the writers of the New Testament was a Medical Doctor. Did you know that Doctor?
{I don't "trust" people who base their beliefs on unsupported, or in the case of religion, non-existent evidence}.
My good Doctor, I think what you mean in the previous statement. Is that you donít want to trust people who base their beliefs in God. If you have a heart attack Doctor and I hope you donít by the way. You may find yourself in the care of people that do believe in God.
When you go to a restaurant my good man. The food you ate may have been prepared by people of faith. Your entire life Doctor you have been around people of faith. They have fed you, clothed you, fixed and manufactured your automobiles, flown and serviced your airplanes. Given your medicine and healthcare.
We know you donít want to trust people of faith but you have too.
Is he the one that came up with this:

Jesus cures an epileptic "lunatic" by "rebuking the devil." (Epilepsy is caused by devils.) Matthew 17:15-18

Or this?

Jesus puts his fingers in a deaf man's ears, then spits and touches his tongue. This immediately cured his deafness. Mark 7:32-35

Of course that could be explained with magic, but then there's this:

Whoever enters a pool after it is stirred up by angels will be cured of "whatsoever disease he had." John 5:4

Sadly, you said new testament, there's better "cures" in the old. Very funny stuff.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#141401 Nov 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Youíre confusing Halloween with Christmas.
Yule is older than Christmas, and it's trees, logs, celebration with family, drinks, and food.

I don't confuse my holidays.

Southern Illinois

#141402 Nov 28, 2012
Christmas is also a time when people struggle with depression. Iím not sure why thatís case but it is a fact. Maybe itís because they feel alone and without.

When I was growing up our next door neighbor was a single woman and a teacher. She came over one day during the Christmas Holidays. She was depressed because she was alone. At the time I think she was in her 50ís.

She was a really sweet woman and a wonderful neighbor. She had dedicated so much of her life to her students and teaching. There was little time dedicating to socializing.
You know thereís enough people on the earth no one should be alone.

Thereís family, friends, neighbors, work associates, just plenty of good people to go around. So if you know someone who is all alone. Show some kindness and invite them over for a hot cup of coffee and some brownies. A hug and some love will go a long way to uplifting someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 47 min MUQ1 21,503
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 1 hr CunningLinguist 28
100% Faith Free 2 hr CunningLinguist 12
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 7 hr Patrick 13
Our world came from nothing? 11 hr CunningLinguist 422
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 13 hr Jaimie 46
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 16 hr Patrick 172
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••