Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,792)

Showing posts 135,821 - 135,840 of223,206
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't make you right.

You should know that, but then again, you being you.
Doesn't make me wrong, either.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

In this case, the evidence is not only not extraordinary.

It's non existent.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
In christianity only Jesus died for his people, but in sikhi nearly every guru was tortured and died for their people. My 5th guru was tortured, made to sit on a massive burning hot metal plate and had hot sand poured over their body. My 9th guru was tortured and beheaded. My 10th gurus children, only 7 and 9, were tortured, bricked alive and beheaded. His older children who were 11 and 15 were killed in battle. His mother was thrown of a tower and his father was the 9th guru who was beheaded.
Other saints were boiled alive, burned alive, cut from head to toe in half, had their scalp cut off. Babies were cut into pieces and those pieces were sewn together and made into necklaces which were put around their mothers necks.
Our first sikh saint general was banda singh bahadur, his 4 year old son was cut open, while alive and his little heart was put in his fathers mouth. Then bahadur jis "eyes were gouged out. Baba ji's Body was then hung on a Gate where he was skinned alive. Then his body was pierced with red hot rods; finally he dismembered limb by limb".-sikhiwiki.
And this is just the beginning of sikh history!
Christians love jesus because he died on a cross for them, so how can I leave my gurus and sanits who went through SO MUCH, just for me? I can't!
There are sooooooooo many saints, they walk amongst us! The are the ones who fight for justice, they are the purest of the pure!!
Guru nanak dev ji was physically a man, but he had reached divine understanding, so he became one with God. We believe that when you become one with someone the difference between you and them is finished. You become them and they become you. This can only be understood through love, not with your brains. If you loved a woman more than yourself and she loved you more than herself, there would be no difference between you in your hearts, but you will always be a man and she a woman.
No it's ok, you can butt in any time!:-)
Are you a christian?
29Nov12.....

.....You otta go and see 'The Last Temptation Of The Christ'...

Ps:.....Dat otta open yer eyes to vot Torture really is.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm waiting for my bro to buy the new Batman on bluray so I can borrow it.
I'm into vampire stuff.
29Nov12.....

.....There is a Very Serious Proplem with you 20-Somethings and 30-Somethings out there today....

Ps:....You haven't grown up.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>29Nov12.....
....If the first people were BLACK, how did people become WHITE.
Ps:....BobLoblah already knows dis von, BUT you could enlighten haul da schidt-for-brains dat are in hour midst tooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
How goes BobLoblah?

Haven't researched this in a while, but I believe that it has something to do with exposure to sunlight makes people manufacture melanin?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, people still buy films these days? lol, I know I shouldn't but I can't stop myself.
Well, I think this twilight film was better than all of the other ones, the 3 and the 4th one wasn't even needed, waste of my time.
There's a new zombie film coming out with brad pitt, I think it's going to be good like i am legend.
Goodnite! X
29Nov12.....

.....But it does NOT measure up to 'Ben-Hur','Lawrence Of Arabia','Bridge On The River Kwai', or 'Spartacus'......let alone 'Airforce One'.

Ps:.....Today's Hollywood junk is exactly that.'Junk'.

But as BobLoblah said before:'today's 20 - somethings and 30 - somethings just have NOT grown UP'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, you have a serious problem.
29Nov12.....

.....Yeah.

Ps:.....Its da stench coming from you. It permeates da whole Topic. BobLoblah can smell you haul da vey over here.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....But it does NOT measure up to 'Ben-Hur','Lawrence Of Arabia','Bridge On The River Kwai', or 'Spartacus'......let alone 'Airforce One'.
Ps:.....Today's Hollywood junk is exactly that.'Junk'.
But as BobLoblah said before:'today's 20 - somethings and 30 - somethings just have NOT grown UP'.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Double Fine liked Jurassic Park, Independence Day, Braveheart, Pulp Fiction and The Matrix

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>The states that have already legalized pot have already seen problems. Read the pdf file....

www.iowa.gov/odcp/docs/IBH-MarijuanaFacts11-1...
The latest version of Reefer Madness

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Thinking wrote:
An Indian giver is someone who gives a present but takes it back. A bit like the infected blankets that wiped out indigenous Americans.
An Indian burn is more usually called a Chinese burn in the UK.
Anyway, everything is Indian. The proof is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>
29Nov12.....

.....a Bit like Brits schidtting in the Thames and taking it back in the house to drink causing the Black Plague and then passing it on to ALl the people of Europe. Real Eastate was going on da cheap.'Amadeus' got da same kind of a hole as the locals.

....a Bit like the Brit colonialists who gave thingys to the peoples they ruled over (mainly India and the far East) and then took it back....when they needed them.

Ps: The Chinks did the same vit Hong Kong.

You,'dimKing' remain a schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

River Tam wrote:
Cool, Bobs here. Easy scrollin.
I like it.
29Nov12.....

.....LIAR.

You readUP 'everyDing' dat BobLoblah posts.

Ps:....You 'pretend' dat you do not like BobLoblah, while you Really and Truly love BobLoblah as you know within that schidt-for-brains of yours dat BobLoblah is the only von hereIn dat tells it 'like it is'.

Now go and wife your rearEnd (both wholes) from schidtting yourself.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
How goes BobLoblah?
Haven't researched this in a while, but I believe that it has something to do with exposure to sunlight makes people manufacture melanin?
29Nov12.....

.....BobLoblah 'always' goes berry, berry vell.

Ps:....You are in da right Church, but halfVey in the wrong Phew.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
In christianity only Jesus died for his people,
In Christianity Jesus died for all people, not just his people. That means Jesus only is the Savior of humankind.
but in sikhi nearly every guru was tortured and died for their people.
In Christianity any alleged messiah other than Jesus is a false messiah.
Christians love jesus because he died on a cross for them, so how can I leave my gurus and sanits who went through SO MUCH, just for me? I can't!
If your gurus and saints can deliever people like you then Christ died needlessly.
There are sooooooooo many saints, they walk amongst us! The are the ones who fight for justice, they are the purest of the pure!!
Guru nanak dev ji was physically a man, but he had reached divine understanding, so he became one with God. We believe that when you become one with someone the difference between you and them is finished. You become them and they become you. This can only be understood through love, not with your brains. If you loved a woman more than yourself and she loved you more than herself, there would be no difference between you in your hearts, but you will always be a man and she a woman.
No it's ok, you can butt in any time!:-)
Are you a christian?
Like i said before. The Christian claim is either true or it is not. If what you are saying is true then the Christian claim is false. Both cannot be true. Yes, i am a Christian.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to fund S. American drug lords, go for it. But don't come crying to mommy when you're cought shootin up flour.
The criminalization of drugs is what supports the drug lords.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>God
Yeah.

Ok.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine liked Jurassic Park, Independence Day, Braveheart, Pulp Fiction and The Matrix
29Nov12.....

.....Yeah.

Ps:....Dey sure beatOut dese udder IronMan, SuperMan, BatMan, SpiderMan bullschidt films.....

......and anyDing to do vit fictitious vampires, wolverine-bloodsucking, haunted houses, and udder bullschidt are a waste of time to the higher IQs of the world, but 'obviously' do have followings from the schidt-for-brains....of whom there are lots and lots nowAdays coming out of the 20-something and 30-something generations.

GOD help the WholeWideWorld.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....You otta go and see 'The Last Temptation Of The Christ'...
Ps:.....Dat otta open yer eyes to vot Torture really is.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
The Passion of the Christ was better.

Much more graphic.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
On the subject of giant humans, Hiding is the best person to ask. However, if I may paraphrase what she told me in email once:
When a civilisation lives in near-optimal environment; readily available food sources, practically zero disease, etc, humans tend to increase in size, after about the 5th generation or so.
These humans are immense - 6 ft 6 and upwards.
For that reason, you will occasionally find skeletons of 'giant humans'- some may be as tall as 7 foot.
*Any error in here is mine and not HFY's*
Now, that is the biggest humans one would find. 10, 12 and 16ft humans have not been found by any accrdited source.
And the double rows of teeth is just a wee bit sketchy.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to bother you a lot that there may be people smarter than you that don't think the way you do. Or that they just could be smarter and/or more experienced. Maybe it frustrates you or something.
Sit there and count 7 billion seconds on a clock. In 220 years you may realize that many of them were.
Let's see. MENSA uses an arbitrary top 2% of IQ tests for admission. The popularly called "genius" ranking. I had one IQ test that put me at that 2%. Had another one later even higher. Both taken under less than ideal conditions. You are looking at an old Dave whose IQ may have dropped from the physical mental processes aging, but still higher than most, and with a lifetime of looking at a wide variety of the life experience already processed. Lots of stuff to go back and compare new stuff to for accuracy.
At this moment, the top 2% of intelligences would be about 140 million people. Some of them water buffalo herders in Bangaladesh. Some even "smarter" than me.
Get yourself some perspective.
You've mistaken the second percentile for the top 2%.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....Yeah.
Ps:....Dey sure beatOut dese udder IronMan, SuperMan, BatMan, SpiderMan bullschidt films.....
......and anyDing to do vit fictitious vampires, wolverine-bloodsucking, haunted houses, and udder bullschidt are a waste of time to the higher IQs of the world, but 'obviously' do have followings from the schidt-for-brains....of whom there are lots and lots nowAdays coming out of the 20-something and 30-something generations.
GOD help the WholeWideWorld.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I hate the superhero films. I enjoyed the vampire stuff when it was Buffy and Angel, and then Wesley Snipes as Blade. But the Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Twilight ruined the entire vampire thing for me.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And of all the hundreds of Gods, what makes your particular brand true? How do you know Haniman the monkey God is not the true God? What evidence do you possess that says your God is more valid that the Christian God, or Allah?
I pose the same question to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 135,821 - 135,840 of223,206
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••