Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#141221 Nov 27, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Drug use goes down after legalization/decriminalization .
Says who?

Location hidden

#141222 Nov 27, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, what? Piss tests are sold over the counter now, results in less than 30 minutes.
So. Police can't administer a piss test on the street....

Pot is harder to *prove* than alcohol. For now.....

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#141223 Nov 27, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference in mine and yours is mine is a solid block. Yours is an empty box.
Has more substance.:-)
You mean your head is solid bone? lol

Location hidden

#141224 Nov 27, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it makes you a happy camper then it ok by me.
It's pretty pointless to debate with blackie. He's one of those athitards that no matter what you say he'll always come back with something to argue about.

The funny thing is, he usually doesn't even respond to your post, just rambles on about his hatred for God.

One wonders..... Why he has such a hatred for the Christian God only & no other "gods"...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#141225 Nov 27, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? What makes you say that? At best, it could be a different mathematical theory of how the universe works. Yes, there are plasmas in the universe. Stars, many nebulae, etc are plasma. So? You act like plasma are some unknown phenomenon that we have no mathematical models for. Quite the opposite is true: maxwell's equations are very precise descriptions of how electromagnetism and plasma act.
<quoted text>
It isn't all that difficult to calculate the effects that plasma have on various phenomena. Want me to point you to some technical books on plasmas?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_globe

How heavy would that electrode have to be for its gravity to cancel out the attraction of the glass ball?

Why do electrons reside on the outside of atoms, thus causing those atoms to repel? Except for imbalances causing attractions and combinations?

Location hidden

#141226 Nov 27, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
How heavy would that electrode have to be for its gravity to cancel out the attraction of the glass ball?
Why do electrons reside on the outside of atoms, thus causing those atoms to repel? Except for imbalances causing attractions and combinations?
um.......

I can fix your lawn mower.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#141227 Nov 27, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly don't post as if you're the happiest person on the face of the planet...
WAIT! The planet doesn't have a face, so you MUST be wrong.......
<quoted text>
Don't we all?
<quoted text>
In what way? Do the kiddies pose a threat to you? The ones that believe in Santa?
<quoted text>
Why? Critical thinking is a type of reasonable, reflective thinking that is aimed at deciding what to believe or what to do......
Don't you think religious people critically think about what religion to choose?
<quoted text>
ALL the world issues? c'mon
<quoted text>
To which "facts" are you referring that we all don't believe?
<quoted text>
Nor is it rational to assume that what you've been told about evolution MUST be real & true. It changes too much.
<quoted text>
In what way?
<quoted text>
No, but it implies it. I think that's why everything you read that biblical you can twist into something evil & filled with hate.
<quoted text>
Probably not a good idea to tell me that I'm crazy after I've been drinking... Just sayin'
You are a complete idiot. Do you think you have refuted anyone or sound smart? You sound stupid.

Location hidden

#141228 Nov 27, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You mean your head is solid bone? lol
Like I said, more substance.

Bone versus empty space. At least bone has some circuitry in it.

Which has more energy if set into motion?

Location hidden

#141229 Nov 27, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
um.......
I can fix your lawn mower.
So can I, but Poly may need help getting his bike brakes adjusted.

If you are in his neighborhood?

Location hidden

#141231 Nov 27, 2012
mandingowillsay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a complete idiot. Do you think you have refuted anyone or sound smart? You sound stupid.
awww.... You're sweet.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#141232 Nov 27, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, more substance.
Bone versus empty space. At least bone has some circuitry in it.
Which has more energy if set into motion?

It ain't you boner! lol

Location hidden

#141233 Nov 27, 2012
Poly, given a static EM and gravity environment, explain to us how a decaying atom would move. What is the linkage to effect motion of the atom?

No sneakiness by having one of those random fluctuations doing a drive by.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#141234 Nov 27, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>So you do not believe Jesus Christ is God? You do not believe Jesus is the only way to Yahweh God?
Read the bible. If you do not like the gore and blood of the old testament, read the new testament Gospels of matthew mark luke and John.
You love the imagination of Jesus? would it not be better to know the facts about Jesus? read the new testament. And if you don't want to, why not?
Goes back to what I asked you yesterday. Would your life, or the life of your family, or job, or standing in your community be at risk if you chose Jesus Christ as your only God?
I have met hindus and muslims in asia that have witnessed what Jesus has done in the life of others....but can't commit to Jesus themselves because of the price they would have to pay from their family and their society.
is that you?
I believe the saints are the sons of God and they are one with him. I believe Jesus was also a saint, therefore the son of God. We believe that God has sent and keeps sending many saints and Jesus that is not the only way to God. Truth, honesty and love are what lead you to become a God-conscious being and only the word of the saints can help you get closer to these things.

Studying in a christian school, I was told alot about Jesus. I don't know if I was told wrong or right about him, but the image of Jesus I made in my head saved me from being evil. I'm not a 100% good person, but I'm not Hitler either. Even though I love the image of Jesus, I don't believe in the bible because it wasn't written by him.

I don't want to be a christian because I've found what I was looking for. I read other religious books and have read some parts of the bible. I have the old testament and the new testament at home. After reading other religious books I read the Guru granth sahib and read sikh history, I then knew I wanted to follow the teachings of guru nanak.

No, I come from a very open family. My family would love me no matter what religion I chose, but if I chose a religion for a man then they would think I'm being stupid.

Location hidden

#141235 Nov 27, 2012

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#141236 Nov 27, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Those accounts of giant skeletons have been around for a long time. Plus you will note the newspaper accounts of the times. What you won't see is any reference to them in mainstream science, of that or this time. No refutations or explanations.
A double row of teeth does have an odd evolutionary aspect to it. Why two rows? What advantage?
There are accounts of a lot of things.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#141237 Nov 27, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>"all" Christians? that's quite a inditing generalization wouldn't you say?
I meant most, sorry, I have a habit of doing that.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#141238 Nov 27, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up around boats myself Doctor. We never had a bilge pump. If water came into the boat. We just get going and pull the drain plug and the water would drain out.
If the current was strong enough going around the Ark. Simply removing the aft drain plug would drain away the water.
Some Asian wooden ships were believed to have been 400 or longer.
*Helpless laughter*

You may have grown up around boats, Chicken-of-the-sea, but you don't know much about 'em.

Drain p-lugs only work when the boat's moving through the water fast enough to raise the bow higher that the stern. This requires external power - motor or sail.

If you're just being borne along by a current, as the "Ark" allegedly was, there's no significant pitch relative to the surrounding medium.

Pulling the plug in those circumstances would have exactly the same effect as doing so while sitting still in mid-duckpond.

Water comes into the people locker, and you sink.

(One is irresistibly reminded of Larry, Curly and Moe in a rowboat. With a brace and bit.)

Location hidden

#141239 Nov 27, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It ain't you boner! lol
You bone up for something, like studying. You can't do that with an empty box you pour empty beers into.

Moron.

Speaking of beers and boogers, what happened to Oogah?

Location hidden

#141240 Nov 27, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There are accounts of a lot of things.
Yes, that is true. I have even heard of accounts of Topix atheists being intelligent and rational. From Topix atheists, that is. Another of those things there just ain't no available evidence of.

Location hidden

#141241 Nov 27, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So can I, but Poly may need help getting his bike brakes adjusted.
If you are in his neighborhood?
Not unless he's a rancher....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 25 min Thinking 1,002
Islam for peace, or violence? 26 min Thinking 24
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr fadu singh 22,979
Man center of the universe. 2 hr Thinking 85
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Fri Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... Oct 16 tha Professor 146

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE