Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
134,381 - 134,400 of 224,079 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and a goal of physics for a LONG time has been to find a unified theory of all the forces. The best candidate we have for this is string theory, although the standard model unifies E&M, and the weak and strong forces.
<quoted text>
No, you are describing one of the main goals of physics over the last century or so.
<quoted text>
In a very loose way of speaking. More accurately, they formed from the energy via particle/anti-particle production.
<quoted text>
No. No shrinking after the expansion got started.
Only with cold, cold water, I'm told.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave doesn't understand that sort of concept, the immorality of one human being owning another, as chattel.
And yet, he's so quick to judge others.
Go figure.
The Pharisees, AKA lawyers, of America "own" the people of America. They are chattel of the law.

You disagree?

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No excuse for that, practice more, bow pressure, quick fingers, coordinate up and down bows with fingerings. Improve your sight-reading by playing everything you can get yours hands on, try some improvisation with the Jamie Aberersold CD's.......Sorry, got carried away!!!!!
I have a violin! I suck worse than DF.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Goodbye Kids!

Don't play nice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Had fun doing it, Dave. I even endeavored to put the text into a semi human profile.
...or something like that.
I am flattered you did that. Gives humans such as yourself a reference point in advancing themselves. However, it will take a while for them to evolve to my level. Don't expect much overnight. Some of you are hairy enough to approach my status, but it isn't the real thing. Perhaps Hiding can help you in that endeavor.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
In most places of the world parents "own" their children.
The government, people, "own" you. They can very well decide your opportunities and fate.
That IMMORAL is a strong statement. Where do you get that? Sounds religious.
In most places of the world parents do not own offspring but are liable and responsible to make decisions for them. It is not ownership bur custody and is a parental guardianship.
The Government does not own its members, it "governs" them.
You are screwed up in the head Dave.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
In most places of the world parents "own" their children.
The government, people, "own" you. They can very well decide your opportunities and fate.
That IMMORAL is a strong statement. Where do you get that? Sounds religious.
It's quite apparent that you don't know what Slavery or immorality mean. A parent being responsive for a child and dictating what the child can or cannot do is NOT SLAVERY.

The Government may TAX me, and may require that I defend the country, as I have, but doesn't prohibit me from doing what I please, not does it prohibit me from going were I chose, I'm not sure how you think the government has me as a SLAVE. You have a very strange concept of both slavery and immorality. Wow!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
In most places of the world parents do not own offspring but are liable and responsible to make decisions for them. It is not ownership bur custody and is a parental guardianship.
The Government does not own its members, it "governs" them.
You are screwed up in the head Dave.
Uh huh.

You are delusional, Auralie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It's quite apparent that you don't know what Slavery or immorality mean. A parent being responsive for a child and dictating what the child can or cannot do is NOT SLAVERY.
The Government may TAX me, and may require that I defend the country, as I have, but doesn't prohibit me from doing what I please, not does it prohibit me from going were I chose, I'm not sure how you think the government has me as a SLAVE. You have a very strange concept of both slavery and immorality. Wow!!!!!
You are too passionate and too much of an ideologue to be mistaken for a rational and analytical person.

Parents sell their children into prostitution and slavery in many places of the world.

In Coral Gables, FL, you can not paint your bedroom of a million dollar house you own unless the color is approved by building and zoning.

Draftees were sent into battle, and died, for two police actions on foreign shores. They were not defending the nation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

http://www.viewzone.com/collateralx.html

I'm not sure just how accurate that is, but....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.viewzone.com/collat eralx.html

Coo Coo 4 Ko Ko puff Dave!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.viewzone.com/collat eralx.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=WzytGJh9cBY

You might like this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Coo Coo 4 Ko Ko puff Dave!
Go ahead and tell us how you have run your own life your own way, Commodity Aura Mytha.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> https://www.youtube.com/watch...
You might like this.
Appears to require a subscription.

A special privilege.:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead and tell us how you have run your own life your own way, Commodity Aura Mytha.
The lizards run the world!

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>One human being OWNING another human being is IMMORAL, period. The God of the bible endorses slavery, and that would be the end of that conversation.
Christians were on both sides of the slavery issue. Even churches were divided down the middle. A bloody and painful war was fought and soldiers on both sides died by the thousands. Slavery finally came to an end but the struggle continued for equality.

Hatred then went underground. And yes there were so called Christians that murdered, burned homes and churches. They were prejudice and felt they were better than blacks. A elitist attitude magnified itself as whites believed they were far more intelligent than blacks.

Let the facts be known that un-repented murderers will not enter into Gods Kingdom. Not everyone that says, Lord, Lord will enter into the Kingdom of God. Because one claims to be a Christian doesn’t mean they have a punched ticket to heaven.

There have been and always will be people who claim they are Christians and yet violate God’s word. You judge a tree by its fruit. If the fruit is rotten it’s no good. Like for example Hitler who seems to make it as a topic every week.

Which brings me to the point of categorizing an entire group of people because of a few lawless actions. The late Martin Luther King Jr. stated,“Judge not a man by the color of his skin but by the content of his character.”

Today, Atheist judge an entire religious group as evil because they believe in Christ. Not judging individuals by the content of their character but by their religious association with Christ. Saying,“if you believe in the Bible then you believe in a God that condoned slavery.”

Slavery was condoned by every continent in the world at the time. It was a legal practice. Gods people were even slaves at different times in world history and even as recent as WWII. Ironically Atheist skim over that fact.

In fact before the great American Civil War. Blacks associated their cause with that of the Jewish slaves in the Bible. Understanding slavery from the slaves point of view. They wanted to be set free and have equality. Like those slaves in Egypt. God heard their prayers and they were set free.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Youtube?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyways, I doubt you would like it. I hope not at least. It's a 7 hour long compilation of all things David Icke, AKA the most famous, successful paranoid schizophrenic ever.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Any American that's on Topix tomorrow is a LOSER.
Just FYI...
That would depend if the Texans win their game or not.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

NOTMEMAN , I'm a wind up toy for women to abuse.
I never complain about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Charchar king 192
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr religionisillness 361
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Magyar 101 21,383
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 8 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 8 hr Patrick 3
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... Wed Patrick 1,285
•••
•••