Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#139863 Nov 21, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I don't think he cares what you and I think.
<quoted text>
Well I for one hope that he never listens to me. Let him run through managers at the same rate I go through toilet paper. My team wins championships every season, his just once in a while.

#139864 Nov 21, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't fire the players!
Guess who got elimated just last night from the Champions League!

Hint: It's a Manchester Club

Giveaway hint: It's not the decent one

#139865 Nov 21, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No excuse for that, practice more, bow pressure, quick fingers, coordinate up and down bows with fingerings. Improve your sight-reading by playing everything you can get yours hands on, try some improvisation with the Jamie Aberersold CD's.......Sorry, got carried away!!!!!
LOL.

How's you amigo? You have been away for a while.

Nah, I'll stick to drums. It's easy and you get to sleep with many loose women.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#139866 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
Is that the current pope? Doesn't look like him.
Oh, then you mean this guy.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leo8i2boX41qbc...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#139867 Nov 22, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in Hell, eternal damnation nor that one can "sin against God" (like pissing against the wind IMHO).
I do believe that we can make our own "Hell" as well as make others lives a "Hell".(See: No Exit, Sartre)
None of which has anything to do with any religion or lack there of.
Well, I got that impression from your post. You said that adultery was a "sin" that jesus couldn't help you with.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#139868 Nov 22, 2012
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, then you mean this guy.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leo8i2boX41qbc...
Indeed. Scary.

“Faith means not wanting to ”

Since: Nov 10

know what is true.

#139869 Nov 22, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you, G.
It is good to visit and I am happy to see some people here... I am also sad to see that others are still at the same old rhetoric that they have been doing for the passed two years.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#139870 Nov 22, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I got that impression from your post. You said that adultery was a "sin" that jesus couldn't help you with.
And if I was talking to a Jew I would have said that he was "beyond the help of the Torah and YHWY".

I guess in athiestic terms I would say he is "beyond the help of a psychiatrist".
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#139871 Nov 22, 2012
The Harry Potter books describe a fight against evil whereas the bible describes an oppressive belief system that maintains evil: e.g. when jesus endorses slavery.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, but religious mythological stories have morals, just like hers books do, that's what you were meant to understand, not start worshiping the story! I bet you that some of her fans think the stories are really, I'm talking about the grown-ups too!
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#139872 Nov 22, 2012
It's the one with the real Manchester fans, not some dicks living in Islamabad that just need to be on the winning side.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess who got elimated just last night from the Champions League!
Hint: It's a Manchester Club
Giveaway hint: It's not the decent one

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#139873 Nov 22, 2012
Thinking wrote:
The Harry Potter books describe a fight against evil whereas the bible describes an oppressive belief system that maintains evil: e.g. when jesus endorses slavery.
<quoted text>
While the OT has regulations regarding slavery (which was considered appropriate in most cultures until 150 years ago), there is nothing in any text where Jesus supports it. In fact, Jesus is usually finding 'loopholes' to remove archaic beliefs and traditions.

Islam does embrace slavery in the Qu'ran... as did the USA until 1865.

#139874 Nov 22, 2012
Thinking wrote:
It's the one with the real Manchester fans, not some dicks living in Islamabad that just need to be on the winning side.
<quoted text>
Why would that matter?

Manchester United is a team that went passed their borders long ago. They took the game to the world, and have plenty of fans to show for it.
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#139875 Nov 22, 2012
Wrong.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

"Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them." (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
While the OT has regulations regarding slavery (which was considered appropriate in most cultures until 150 years ago), there is nothing in any text where Jesus supports it. In fact, Jesus is usually finding 'loopholes' to remove archaic beliefs and traditions.
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#139876 Nov 22, 2012
Never heard of them.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would that matter?
Manchester United is a team that went passed their borders long ago. They took the game to the world, and have plenty of fans to show for it.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#139877 Nov 22, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
While the OT has regulations regarding slavery .. nothing in any text where Jesus supports it.
You are obviously a crazy person. But I shall take pity on you. Look bud, Jesus believed in all those insane OT laws. Anyway, what you are doing is making up your own religion. GO and look up what Christianity belives in. They believe Jesus is God. So all those crazy barbaric laws are according to christians given by god who is jesus. Yes it is nonsense. Any further questions see a psychatrist.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#139878 Nov 22, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there is a new name for slaves ~ employees :)

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!

#139879 Nov 22, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Wrong.
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)
"Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them." (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)
<quoted text>
"If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful"

Not much there about the Master beating the Slave, is there?

#139880 Nov 22, 2012
Matthew 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also......

#139881 Nov 22, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Never heard of them.
<quoted text>
Ha!

Anyways. Predictions for Saturday?

Our boys made a woeful start to the second test against the Aussies :(
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#139882 Nov 22, 2012
Show me the post where I used the word "beating" in this context.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
"If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful"
Not much there about the Master beating the Slave, is there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Regolith Based Li... 32,169
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 5 hr Eagle 12 - 12
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 5 hr Eagle 12 - 760
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Science 76,945
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 10 hr Dogen 4,309
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Jul 17 Eagle 12 - 6,123
More from around the web