Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
134,241 - 134,260 of 224,087 Comments Last updated 32 min ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in charge here, Clementine?
You may not even be you!!
Catcher don't you start now, I'm definitely me!!! 100%, what I say I am!!!

And I was messin with Ducky, but I'm still going to be the referee! I want to give out penalty cards, pls, guys don't say no!!!!!!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the land of the enlightened, amigo.
How old are you?

Midlife. As they say, life begins at 40, or is that 30?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not have accomplished much if that is your idea of relaxing. Sounds more like a desperation to justify your own "foolishness" and confusion.
Life is like a carnival. You can enjoy the sights and sounds as a visitor, or you can get real dour from being one of the workers sitting in a trailer crunching numbers or cleaning up monkey poo while the show goes on.
Get a little more poetic about life. More fun.:-)
I'd wager that to you relaxing is watching a bunch of grown men beating the crap out of each other. Now, if you could please refrain from using non-English when responding to me, it would make it so much easier to help you see how foolish you are.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ik spreek en klein beetje Flaams.
Baie dieselfde as Nederlands en Afrikaans. Ek praat vir die gemak daarvan Afrikaans, en kyk hoe baie hulle verstaan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Midlife. As they say, life begins at 40, or is that 30?
We are only as the ones we feel.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

No.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
And I was messin with Ducky, but I'm still going to be the referee! I want to give out penalty cards, pls, guys don't say no!!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is it in the bible? The book that supposedly contains the WORD OF GOD. It's there girl, if you're confused or not sure, look it up and read it for yourself. Don't take my word for it or REDNUTS word. read it and make you own determination.
I don't want to read it because I don't believe the parts I have read. I believe you!!!

But Jesus was nice, I can't get that out of my head, how can 'his' book be like that? He didn't even write the bible, how can they say it's the word of God??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ik spreek en klein beetje Flaams.
Chelsea sacks Di Matteo!!

Bwahahahahahahah
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Don't tell that to the catholic clergy.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
We are only as the ones we feel.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Yes, I'm calling BS on that too.
<quoted text>
Who's BS??

Yeah, I'll be asking the same question too!

And who was defending manslaughter?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd wager that to you relaxing is watching a bunch of grown men beating the crap out of each other. Now, if you could please refrain from using non-English when responding to me, it would make it so much easier to help you see how foolish you are.
You would lose that wager. I am not a beer sucking TV and sports watcher. Rather a constructive and sensual guy, even after all of these years walking through monkey poo and listening to the screeching.

You must surely be wrong about lots of other things. Do it once and you will do it twice.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to read it because I don't believe the parts I have read. I believe you!!!
But Jesus was nice, I can't get that out of my head, how can 'his' book be like that? He didn't even write the bible, how can they say it's the word of God??
Hi Clementia

We haven't met yet.

Do you like stallions?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
No.
<quoted text>
But, but, but...buster guy needs a warning card!! He said good atheists going to hell and bad believers going to heaven!! He NEEDS one!!

It's another dull day here, i'm so bored!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No penalties for Catcher.

Catcher always plays fair.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Chelsea sacks Di Matteo!!
Bwahahahahahahah
Clementia, give Double Fine 10 demerits.

For unsportsmanlike conduct.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You would lose that wager. I am not a beer sucking TV and sports watcher. Rather a constructive and sensual guy, even after all of these years walking through monkey poo and listening to the screeching.
You must surely be wrong about lots of other things. Do it once and you will do it twice.
Lame attempt at an insult again, if you can't troll correctly, then don't troll.

So, in other words, you're a sexual pervert. I don't waste my time on that either, the brain is more important, I prefer to use that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goody, another defeatist who think they can make up the rules as you go. Based only on what you stated here, it doesn't matter if the person who is christian rapes and kills children, your god will still favor them over an atheist who never does anything wrong in their lives. That's a horrible basis for morality, though it explains all the christians in prison.
How can these people have such a twisted view? It's really beyond me, how people can be so evil! Don't say it's because they believe in God, because I do, the whole of blumin India does, but never really are you going to find hindus, sikhs, buddhists, jains....telling you that if you not one of us you will go to hell! Why are the 'western' religions like that, though? Have you ever thought that this may be a problem of the west?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What Iím doing Sir is telling the world it was in the bible, and a common place in that time in world history. You only care about demeaning the Bible without telling the whole truth. It was a legal practice around the globe during that span in history.
You are comparing the moral standard of the modern free world with the moral standard of the entire world 4000 years ago. You let Egypt off the hook and every empire that employed slaves during that period. Very one sided I might say.
I really don't have time to list and denounce ever individual, government, and civilization that, kept slaves over the last 4000 years. And what reason have I given that says I let everyone "Off the hook" for keeping slaves. So I should have written a 20 page dissertation denouncing slavery and listing all slave owners over the last 2000 years?

Theists believe that we get whatever morals we have from God. Slavery is immoral, so here we have an agent for morality endorsing that which is highly immoral. A little....I'll be polite......inconsistent wouldn't you say? Does this endorsing of immorality make this being worthy of worship? It would appear as many sure do feel that way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Clementia
We haven't met yet.
Do you like stallions?
I love stallions!:)

Yes we have met! you have bad memory!!

@ Catcher....NO! u guys don't get them, unless u really upset me, but only bad christians do!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clementia, give Double Fine 10 demerits.
For unsportsmanlike conduct.
Dw dear, I'll be giving him 10 more, for not remembering me!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr DonPanic 21,384
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Charchar king 192
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 6 hr religionisillness 361
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 11 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 11 hr Patrick 3
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... Wed Patrick 1,285
•••
•••