Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
134,221 - 134,240 of 224,719 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the IRA... Y'all always call them Christians. Why?
Because they believed in the divinity of Jesus.

“Faith means not wanting to ”

Since: Nov 10

know what is true.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Overworked, underpaid. Always hungry, always in need of female company and still watching sports!
Where you moving?
I understand the over worked and under paid.... It has been my educational life. I am glad it is almost over.

I am moving to the beautiful, culturally advanced city of Melbourne. I live there once when I left school and I have spent allot of time there in the passed few months and I feel it is where I am meant to be and it will be the best place to embark on my career.

At the moment I am cramming all my final assessments in to get them in on time. It is a brilliant feeling, however I am planning my post grad... I am a sucker for punishment LMAO :D

know what is true.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Overworked, underpaid. Always hungry, always in need of female company and still watching sports!
Where you moving?
I think I am finally growing up... about time Bahahaha :)

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Same here. Blessed are the lesbians.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt.
Double Fine is a proud lesbian
Trapped in the body of a man

know what is true.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
RAmen

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Blessed art the ones with sht stained left hands.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Only their left hand.
They're not TOTALLY uncivilized.
Dvi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
How much faith does it take to not believe in Thor?
You dare doubt the almighty Thor? May he and his divine hammer show mercy on your pitiful soul!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

:) shhhh some Christholes may look that up and commit suicide :)
Atomic_G wrote:
<quoted text>
RAmen

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

He admitted he was in his own words a fcktard to at least he is honest about his mental shortcomings.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have argued this with him before, citing documented 3rd party sources, Hitler’s own writing, even Vatican actions. The only problem with RR is that facts mean nothing to him when then upset him and he can so easily “interpret” any proof to make his life all pink and fluffy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Loki was whispering in his ear! Show forgiveness!
Dvi wrote:
<quoted text>
You dare doubt the almighty Thor? May he and his divine hammer show mercy on your pitiful soul!

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Atomic_G wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the over worked and under paid.... It has been my educational life. I am glad it is almost over.
I am moving to the beautiful, culturally advanced city of Melbourne. I live there once when I left school and I have spent allot of time there in the passed few months and I feel it is where I am meant to be and it will be the best place to embark on my career.
At the moment I am cramming all my final assessments in to get them in on time. It is a brilliant feeling, however I am planning my post grad... I am a sucker for punishment LMAO :D
Awesome amigo, we are crossing our fingers for you to get past the last exams!

Will you still be on Topix once every while?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Blessed are the straight girls who experiment, too!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not entirely accurate. Pseudo-random numbers are the standard 'random number' produced by computers. But there are many ways of increasing the variability. For example, it is common in linux systems to have a store of 'entropy' produced from such things as key-stroke timings and mouse clicks to put into the seed. While this is still pseudo-random, it is much higher quality than the description you gave.
And for those who want *truly* random numbers, there are systems that monitor quantum events (radioactive decay, for example).
<quoted text>
And this is wrong. Almost all events at the quantum level (atoms and below) are random, but with a computable probability distribution. When an atom decays, for example, is a random thing: there is nothing different from an atom that decays now and one that decays tomorrow and one that decays next year.
The seeds from these events are based on the time of epoch still. ;)

Random is still simply a term of perception. Everything we perceive as random eventually becomes algorithmic, it's just the trend, thus it's safe to state that nothing is random. That does not mean it is planned.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

http://www.vice.com/video

I love vice.com .

I have a fondness for people like this that seek an alternate reality for a while. A certain innocence and maturity, and of a temporary nature. They are still grounded.

Then you have the standard issue Topix atheists. Still floating around up there, but getting their thrill by pooping on people. The sense of empowerment they develop won't allow them to come back down.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Just thought I'd write a short ex-C testimony to those who may be interested. I was a christian for several years, not sure exactly why it happened. I guess it was largely wishful thinking, and having indoctrination at childhood. Over time more and more doubts crept in as I realised my beliefs were not based on reality. A year ago I started to deconvert and now am no longer a christian. I eventually realised that my preivously christian beliefs were without justification, any rational justification, and were not supported by good evidence. I think the theists here cling onto their beliefs for emotional factors and because they have so much invested in them. They may fear the punishment of the god monster, they may believe in a loving Jesus cuddling lambs. But without reason and without good evidence, even intelligent people can belief weird and delusional things. Viva reason!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.vice.com/video
I love vice.com .
I have a fondness for people like this that seek an alternate reality for a while. A certain innocence and maturity, and of a temporary nature. They are still grounded.
Then you have the standard issue Topix atheists. Still floating around up there, but getting their thrill by pooping on people. The sense of empowerment they develop won't allow them to come back down.
Actually, for me it's just a pastime, when I am bored and have to force a break from coding. Yes, I do enjoy watching you make fools of yourselves, it's quite entertaining, and reminds me of how much I have accomplished in life, thanks to not being stupid and ignorant like you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Adam wrote:
Just thought I'd write a short ex-C testimony to those who may be interested. I was a christian for several years, not sure exactly why it happened. I guess it was largely wishful thinking, and having indoctrination at childhood. Over time more and more doubts crept in as I realised my beliefs were not based on reality. A year ago I started to deconvert and now am no longer a christian. I eventually realised that my preivously christian beliefs were without justification, any rational justification, and were not supported by good evidence. I think the theists here cling onto their beliefs for emotional factors and because they have so much invested in them. They may fear the punishment of the god monster, they may believe in a loving Jesus cuddling lambs. But without reason and without good evidence, even intelligent people can belief weird and delusional things. Viva reason!!!
Some people spend their lives traveling to one delusion from another.

Enjoy your trips.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Adam wrote:
Welcome to the land of the enlightened, amigo.

How old are you?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post.
From Belgium, are you?
Hoe gaan dit met jou? Jy praat Flaams, korrek?
Ik spreek en klein beetje Flaams.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, for me it's just a pastime, when I am bored and have to force a break from coding. Yes, I do enjoy watching you make fools of yourselves, it's quite entertaining, and reminds me of how much I have accomplished in life, thanks to not being stupid and ignorant like you.
You must not have accomplished much if that is your idea of relaxing. Sounds more like a desperation to justify your own "foolishness" and confusion.

Life is like a carnival. You can enjoy the sights and sounds as a visitor, or you can get real dour from being one of the workers sitting in a trailer crunching numbers or cleaning up monkey poo while the show goes on.

Get a little more poetic about life. More fun.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 5 min Carchar king 35
Our world came from nothing? 17 min Carchar king 269
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 34 min Buck Crick 861
Introducing The Universal Religion 10 hr Buck Crick 739
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 12 hr CunningLinguist 1,288
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 13 hr Patrick 21,412
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 14 hr John 70,967
•••
•••