Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
134,201 - 134,220 of 226,603 Comments Last updated 34 min ago

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#139602 Nov 21, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the creator is responsible for the product. Are you familiar with ED 209?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =A9l9wxGFl4kXX
Oops.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#139603 Nov 21, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a cunning linguist, though
A common cunning linguist?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#139604 Nov 21, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
The bible and Quran are savage books of ancient sheep fckers. They wiped ther @ss with their bare hands for Pete's sake.
Their dark God has no place in society today.
<quoted text>
Only their left hand.

They're not TOTALLY uncivilized.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#139605 Nov 21, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Actually Hitler clearly stated he was and always would be a dedicated Christian. It was his Christianity that lead to him killing the Jews.
He said they were Christ killers and needed to be wiped out for that.
<quoted text>
I am not sure whether hitler was a christian. He said things in support of christianity, but also things against it. What is clear is that he had strong support and praise from catholic and protestant church leaders. And christians took part in their crimes. I guess the god took a few years siesta whilst europe was self destructing. Sits on his hands and watches millions of his chosen people being gassed to death, and tens of millions being killed in war. What is interesting is that some american christians echo the nazis in their christian theology being pro war and nationalistic ignoring the lov your neighbor stuff.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#139606 Nov 21, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A common cunning linguist?
According to the ladies, I am a great one.

“Faith means not wanting to ”

Since: Nov 10

know what is true.

#139607 Nov 21, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt.
Double Fine is a proud lesbian
Trapped in the body of a man
You have expressed this many if times... How does the lesbian community feel about your identified gender? Lol
How you doing mate???

know what is true.

#139608 Nov 21, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a pathetic violinist
Me too. We all have so much in common lmao :D

#139609 Nov 21, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure whether hitler was a christian. He said things in support of christianity, but also things against it. What is clear is that he had strong support and praise from catholic and protestant church leaders. And christians took part in their crimes. I guess the god took a few years siesta whilst europe was self destructing. Sits on his hands and watches millions of his chosen people being gassed to death, and tens of millions being killed in war. What is interesting is that some american christians echo the nazis in their christian theology being pro war and nationalistic ignoring the lov your neighbor stuff.
Well, firstly amigo, Hitler did claim being a Christian many times. During public speaking, in Mein Kampf, in private conversation as well.

However, your second point is a good one. Let's say that Hitler was a sheep in wolves' clothing. That he was a non-believer, pretending to be Christian.

Fact is, he was just one man. A very powerful and influential one, true, but still one man. He didn't fight the war himself. He didn't evict the Jews himself. He didn't gas the Jews himself. Hell, he didn't even sign the order for extermination himself.

My point is that he had a Christian nation of followers, happy to do his bidding.

#139610 Nov 21, 2012
Atomic_G wrote:
<quoted text>
You have expressed this many if times... How does the lesbian community feel about your identified gender? Lol
How you doing mate???
Yo amigo!

Long time no see!

Have you been well? What's news in Aussie land?

know what is true.

#139611 Nov 21, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Like all Christians he had is own version of the religion and god... You'll never find a believers that absolute agree. All religious people follow their own version which makes it hard to believe any theist is right. Without atheist theist would destroy and attack each other. So theist should thank us for their false sense of unity.

know what is true.

#139612 Nov 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Time for me to turn and burn,
I love everyone of you.
Hey Eags... Have you realised your false sense of security in your faith yet??

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#139613 Nov 21, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>21Nov12.....
....den, why is your head always down on 'dimKing'???
Ps:...'christineM'....da seepageQueen....sant to da tune of Abba's dancingQueen.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Hypocritical hatred defines you.

know what is true.

#139614 Nov 21, 2012
Lies Buster wrote:
<quoted text>You are zero percent right, not even close. An empathetic atheist goes to hell, sad, but the heartless believer goes to heaven. That is like saying it is better to be an empathetic AIDS patient, than a heartless healthy person. One is empathetically dead, while the one is heartlessly alive.
In either case, who decides. You decide what is empathy and what is heartless and you could be wrong, but God decides who goes to heaven or hell, and he is never wrong.
It sounds as though you don't have an understanding of the word empathic... There are plenty of excellent dictionaries to help you out.

know what is true.

#139615 Nov 21, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo amigo!
Long time no see!
Have you been well? What's news in Aussie land?
Still working to much... About to graduate... I am moving across country... And the biggest bonus I am in love.

Aussies land has not changed. Beautiful people, extreme weather and awesome surroundings.

How have you been?

#139616 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the IRA... Y'all always call them Christians. Why?
Ahh an easy one

Because they are christians – just because you don’t accept it does not make it any the less true

Have you considered whether or not you helped top fund their murderous atrocities by contributing to NorAid?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#139617 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"In 1968, the electromagnetic force and the weak interaction were unified, when they were shown to be two aspects of a single force, now termed the electro-weak force."
Yes, and a goal of physics for a LONG time has been to find a unified theory of all the forces. The best candidate we have for this is string theory, although the standard model unifies E&M, and the weak and strong forces.
Same process it appears. Not different and unique forces. They will find the same with the others once they clean their toy box out of particles, and all of their flavors. They have collected so many in their game they got confused about what they were doing.
No, you are describing one of the main goals of physics over the last century or so.
Weren't particles "made" after the Big Bang?
In a very loose way of speaking. More accurately, they formed from the energy via particle/anti-particle production.
Wasn't there a shrinking? That was back and forth motion, was it not?
No. No shrinking after the expansion got started.

#139618 Nov 21, 2012
Atomic_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Still working to much... About to graduate... I am moving across country... And the biggest bonus I am in love.
Aussies land has not changed. Beautiful people, extreme weather and awesome surroundings.
How have you been?
Overworked, underpaid. Always hungry, always in need of female company and still watching sports!

Where you moving?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#139619 Nov 21, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Dave, did you know that computers never generate random numbers? Not at all, it's impossible for them to. This is because random is mathematically impossible, once an algorithm is developed to map out events it ceases to be random, because we just stop perceiving it as random. Computers simulate the unknown quantities by producing what we call pseudo-random values, based on a stored set of values in the chip set, these values are the response given whenever a "random" number is requested by the program.
Not entirely accurate. Pseudo-random numbers are the standard 'random number' produced by computers. But there are many ways of increasing the variability. For example, it is common in linux systems to have a store of 'entropy' produced from such things as key-stroke timings and mouse clicks to put into the seed. While this is still pseudo-random, it is much higher quality than the description you gave.

And for those who want *truly* random numbers, there are systems that monitor quantum events (radioactive decay, for example).
The point of all that, nothing, and I do mean nothing, in the universe is random, however, just because nothing is random doesn't mean everything has to have a "purpose."
And this is wrong. Almost all events at the quantum level (atoms and below) are random, but with a computable probability distribution. When an atom decays, for example, is a random thing: there is nothing different from an atom that decays now and one that decays tomorrow and one that decays next year.

#139620 Nov 21, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Actually Hitler clearly stated he was and always would be a dedicated Christian. It was his Christianity that lead to him killing the Jews.
He said they were Christ killers and needed to be wiped out for that.
But as you admitted you are nothing but a fcktard as you so clearly demonstrate with all of your posts.
<quoted text>
I have argued this with him before, citing documented 3rd party sources, Hitler’s own writing, even Vatican actions. The only problem with RR is that facts mean nothing to him when then upset him and he can so easily “interpret” any proof to make his life all pink and fluffy

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#139621 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the IRA... Y'all always call them Christians. Why?
Because they believed in the divinity of Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 21 min MUQ1 21,535
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 5 hr Amused 17
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 8 hr Jaimie 62
Our world came from nothing? 8 hr Thinking 438
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 19 hr Thinking 5,921
The Ultimate Evidence of God 23 hr James 68
The myth of the angry atheist Mon _Bad Company 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••