Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,710)

Showing posts 134,181 - 134,200 of223,025
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Since god created good and evil the right things I do are down to me and the wrong things are down to god. Unless you can disprove my belief scientifically, this is my belief and I am entitled to it, aren't I?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever done something good?
Is God responsible that you did good?
Is God responsible if you do something wrong like cheat your employer?
In this day and time it seems that each or us are accountable for what we do that is good and bad.
If you are charged with larceny for example and you are standing before the judge. He may listen to you blaming Adam and Eve. But in the end he is going to hold you responsible.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Since god created good and evil the right things I do are down to me and the wrong things are down to god. Unless you can disprove my belief scientifically, this is my belief and I am entitled to it, aren't I?
Can you scientifically prove the number 5?
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Prove what?
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

<quoted text>
Numbers are abstract, not physical.

Science deals with the physical, not the abstract

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I must confess it is a pleasant surprise to see you finally agree with us cause and effect people. You had me worried there.
Now, please explain that to Polymath.
Oh, everything can have a purpose. If it exists, and things are in motion, it will eventually become part of the equations.
Just because a cause is beyond your comprehension, does not mean others cannot comprehend it. Everything has a natural cause in the universe. The supernatural simply cannot exist in this universe, the laws prohibit it.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

The bible and Quran are savage books of ancient sheep fckers. They wiped ther @ss with their bare hands for Pete's sake.

Their dark God has no place in society today.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, so the Bible did say it, but to fit in with modern thinking you ignore it? huh? How can you pick and choose which bits to follow? Is the Bible not all true then?
Why would God not condemn keeping slaves?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Lies Buster wrote:
<quoted text>You are zero percent right, not even close. An empathetic atheist goes to hell, sad, but the heartless believer goes to heaven. That is like saying it is better to be an empathetic AIDS patient, than a heartless healthy person. One is empathetically dead, while the one is heartlessly alive.
In either case, who decides. You decide what is empathy and what is heartless and you could be wrong, but God decides who goes to heaven or hell, and he is never wrong.
Oh goody, another defeatist who think they can make up the rules as you go. Based only on what you stated here, it doesn't matter if the person who is christian rapes and kills children, your god will still favor them over an atheist who never does anything wrong in their lives. That's a horrible basis for morality, though it explains all the christians in prison.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

I can scientifically prove your IQ isn't much higher than 5 :)
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Your bible even instructs you on how to beat your slaves doesn't it? Make sure not to kill them or maim them. Otherwise it's all good in Jesus' eyes.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you will my good Doctor but you will fail to mention slavery of today. Instead you focus on the Judeo Christian God that set up a statue of limitations on a slave.
If slavery was really a issue with you and your fellow Atheist. You would say something and do something about modern slavery. But you donít, itís too much of a bother. It much more down your ally to talk about what happened 4000 years ago versus today.
You always like to skip over the part that Jews were slaves. Not just once but many times in history including in WWII. Another fact that seems to slip past you in your annotations. At least Doctor since you like to paint God as evil, at least be more objective and tell the whole story.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

How can a fictional character be responsible for anything?

You best lay down before you hurt yourself half wit.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever done something good?
Is God responsible that you did good?
Is God responsible if you do something wrong like cheat your employer?
In this day and time it seems that each or us are accountable for what we do that is good and bad.
If you are charged with larceny for example and you are standing before the judge. He may listen to you blaming Adam and Eve. But in the end he is going to hold you responsible.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

If any deities exist lesbians are one of their greatest blessings.:P
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight, so to speak. You're saying that a god created me the way I am and now it wants to punish ME for that?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Well at least you are honest about yourself.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What would I know. I'm just a fucktard.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Actually Hitler clearly stated he was and always would be a dedicated Christian. It was his Christianity that lead to him killing the Jews.

He said they were Christ killers and needed to be wiped out for that.

But as you admitted you are nothing but a fcktard as you so clearly demonstrate with all of your posts.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
um.... What? He was raised by Catholic parents, but didn't stay catholic. Like a lot of the atheists here, he converted.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're an empathetic apathetic atheist.
A copacetic empathetic apathetic atheist.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A copacetic empathetic apathetic atheist.
I'm also an apathetic violinist.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
If any deities exist lesbians are one of their greatest blessings.:P
<quoted text>
No doubt.

Double Fine is a proud lesbian

Trapped in the body of a man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm also an apathetic violinist.
I am a pathetic violinist
Nikki

Haacht, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
You are comparing the moral standard of the modern free world with the moral standard of the entire world 4000 years ago. You let Egypt off the hook and every empire that employed slaves during that period. Very one sided I might say.
I'm perfectly willing to accept that the bible's moral standard is 4000 years old, has to be put into context and therefore has about as much to say about morality today as the ancient Greek myths.

Are you though?

And if you're willing to accept that about slavery are you also willing to accept it about other issues such as LGBT rights?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a pathetic violinist
I'm a pathetic ventriloquist.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a pathetic ventriloquist.
I am a cunning linguist, though

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 134,181 - 134,200 of223,025
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••