Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#139565 Nov 20, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
More about modern slavery. More facts that seem to slip through the hands of Atheist.
Wiki:
The use of forced labour in Nazi Germany and throughout German-occupied Europe during World War II took place on an unprecedented scale. It was a vital part of the German economic exploitation of conquered territories. It also contributed to the mass extermination of populations in German-occupied Europe. The Nazi Germans abducted approximately 12 million people from almost twenty European countries; about two thirds of whom came from Eastern Europe. Many workers died as a result of their living conditions, mistreatment, malnutrition, or became civilian casualties of war. At its peak the forced labourers comprised 20% of the German work force. Countings deaths and turnover, about 15 million men and women were forced labourers at one point or another during the war.
The liberation of Germany in 1945 freed 11 million foreigners, called "displaced persons"óchiefly forced labourers and POWs. In addition to POWs, the Germans had seized 2.8 million Soviet workers to labour in factories in Germany. Returning them home was a high priority for the Allies. However, in the case of Russians and Ukrainians, returning often meant suspicion, prison, or death. The United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (UNRRA), Red Cross, and military operations provided food, clothing, shelter, and assistance in returning home. In all, 5.2 million foreign workers and POWs were repatriated to the Soviet Union, 1.6 million to Poland, 1.5 million to France, and 900,000 to Italy, along with 300,000 to 400,000 each to Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, the Netherlands, Hungary, and Belgium.
Again, the creator is responsible for the product. Are you familiar with ED 209?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#139566 Nov 20, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought your position was that a god created man. Are you saying this is Eve's fault in a round about way? Either way, if a god created man, then how is it man's fault?
Hi.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#139567 Nov 20, 2012
Eagle 12

Letís do talk about slavery. It seems to me that man is far more evil that God. When slavery comes up here on topix. This is never mentioned. As Atheist paint God as evil they donít bother to talk about slavery in the last 100 years.

"It appears to me that man is far MORE EVIL than God?" This is what you write, so you admit that your God IS evil, but that man is MORE evil, interesting!!!

It would appear that as a Theist who believes in an all loving, caring, and compassion God, that you expect a lot more from him that mere mortal men.

Either your God endorses one human owning another, or he doesn't. The conversation is not about men endorsing slavery, its about God.

You do know that during the slave trade period in this country, most slave owners were Christians. And when people ask, whats the harm of religion, they can be pointed to the fact that slave owners thought they had a God given right to own slaves as it was endorsed by the God of the bible. There is you harm!!!!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#139568 Nov 20, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the creator is responsible for the product. Are you familiar with ED 209?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =A9l9wxGFl4kXX
River, I wish you a safe and productive journey.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#139569 Nov 20, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text> And exactly what is it that you do in your everyday life to combat slavery as it exists today?
You keep trying to divert the conversation away from your immoral God, why is that? I think you know what I saw is true, and are so embarrassed by the fact that your Gods endorses one human owning another, that you try and steer the conversation away from my main point. In Seaman's terms it's called tacking.
My original conversation was not about the history of slavery, or that the Japanese and Germans had slaves, it was about one single issue, your god of the bible giving instructions o how one human could keep another as a slave. From your posts it appears as though your God is not alone in the slavery business.
What Iím doing Sir is telling the world it was in the bible, and a common place in that time in world history. You only care about demeaning the Bible without telling the whole truth. It was a legal practice around the globe during that span in history.

You are comparing the moral standard of the modern free world with the moral standard of the entire world 4000 years ago. You let Egypt off the hook and every empire that employed slaves during that period. Very one sided I might say.

Southern Illinois

#139570 Nov 20, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought your position was that a god created man. Are you saying this is Eve's fault in a round about way? Either way, if a god created man, then how is it man's fault?
Have you ever done something good?

Is God responsible that you did good?

Is God responsible if you do something wrong like cheat your employer?

In this day and time it seems that each or us are accountable for what we do that is good and bad.

If you are charged with larceny for example and you are standing before the judge. He may listen to you blaming Adam and Eve. But in the end he is going to hold you responsible.

Southern Illinois

#139571 Nov 20, 2012
Time for me to turn and burn,

I love everyone of you.

Location hidden

#139574 Nov 20, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.
High Tide.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#139575 Nov 20, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Time for me to turn and burn,
I love everyone of you.
You should have separated everyone.

Location hidden

#139576 Nov 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
River, I wish you a safe and productive journey.
Thank you Catcher :)
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139577 Nov 20, 2012
The usual idiot anti-choice apologist man (yes man) that trolled up to defend this manslaughter makes you realise how nasty some religitards are.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that an Indian woman in Ireland has died because she wasn't allowed to have an abortion? So sad, I think she would have been better of in India!
@ some stupid catholic people...use your brains! Is your God happy now??? The mother and child are both dead now, you morons!!
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139578 Nov 20, 2012
And when he awakes I will ask it "Where the hell were you when all those kids were dying."
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is that God, he's sleeping at the moment but one day he will awaken, scientists will hopeful find a cure and maybe even a prevention!!!!!! Only the God inside us can help us, nobody is going to come from the sky!!
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139579 Nov 20, 2012
Yes, I'm calling BS on that too.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in charge here, Clementine?
You may not even be you!!
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139580 Nov 20, 2012
This is some dumb christard propaganda.

Hitler was catholic. Nazi Germany was majority protestant.

Own up to your evil.
Eagle12 wrote:
More about modern slavery. More facts that seem to slip through the hands of Atheist.
Wiki:
The use of forced labour in Nazi Germany and throughout German-occupied Europe during World War II took place on an unprecedented scale. It was a vital part of the German economic exploitation of conquered territories. It also contributed to the mass extermination of populations in German-occupied Europe. The Nazi Germans abducted approximately 12 million people from almost twenty European countries; about two thirds of whom came from Eastern Europe. Many workers died as a result of their living conditions, mistreatment, malnutrition, or became civilian casualties of war. At its peak the forced labourers comprised 20% of the German work force. Countings deaths and turnover, about 15 million men and women were forced labourers at one point or another during the war.
The liberation of Germany in 1945 freed 11 million foreigners, called "displaced persons"óchiefly forced labourers and POWs. In addition to POWs, the Germans had seized 2.8 million Soviet workers to labour in factories in Germany. Returning them home was a high priority for the Allies. However, in the case of Russians and Ukrainians, returning often meant suspicion, prison, or death. The United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (UNRRA), Red Cross, and military operations provided food, clothing, shelter, and assistance in returning home. In all, 5.2 million foreign workers and POWs were repatriated to the Soviet Union, 1.6 million to Poland, 1.5 million to France, and 900,000 to Italy, along with 300,000 to 400,000 each to Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, the Netherlands, Hungary, and Belgium.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139581 Nov 21, 2012
Since god created good and evil the right things I do are down to me and the wrong things are down to god. Unless you can disprove my belief scientifically, this is my belief and I am entitled to it, aren't I?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever done something good?
Is God responsible that you did good?
Is God responsible if you do something wrong like cheat your employer?
In this day and time it seems that each or us are accountable for what we do that is good and bad.
If you are charged with larceny for example and you are standing before the judge. He may listen to you blaming Adam and Eve. But in the end he is going to hold you responsible.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#139582 Nov 21, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Since god created good and evil the right things I do are down to me and the wrong things are down to god. Unless you can disprove my belief scientifically, this is my belief and I am entitled to it, aren't I?
Can you scientifically prove the number 5?
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139583 Nov 21, 2012
Prove what?
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#139584 Nov 21, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers are abstract, not physical.

Science deals with the physical, not the abstract

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#139585 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I must confess it is a pleasant surprise to see you finally agree with us cause and effect people. You had me worried there.
Now, please explain that to Polymath.
Oh, everything can have a purpose. If it exists, and things are in motion, it will eventually become part of the equations.
Just because a cause is beyond your comprehension, does not mean others cannot comprehend it. Everything has a natural cause in the universe. The supernatural simply cannot exist in this universe, the laws prohibit it.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#139586 Nov 21, 2012
The bible and Quran are savage books of ancient sheep fckers. They wiped ther @ss with their bare hands for Pete's sake.

Their dark God has no place in society today.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, so the Bible did say it, but to fit in with modern thinking you ignore it? huh? How can you pick and choose which bits to follow? Is the Bible not all true then?
Why would God not condemn keeping slaves?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 min ChristineM 1,454
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 47 min J RULES 23,252
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 49 min Reason Personified 10
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 8 hr Even Steven 2,607
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 9 hr Richardfs 166
God' existence 11 hr polymath257 84
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 15 hr Mikko 5
More from around the web