Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139235 Nov 20, 2012
Or just nick the lead of its roof.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> hahaa...
Put them in a slingshot and go for a temple shot.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139236 Nov 20, 2012
Apparently Bill's name was spelt very inconsistently. From that there Wikipedia:

Willm Shakp
William Shaksper
Wm Shakspe
William Shakspere
Willm Shakspere
By me William Shakspeare
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Shakespear was a famous author. Him, Dikens and Orwill were some of the most famous writers ever.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139237 Nov 20, 2012
Or worse still, required to believe falsehoods as absolute fact.
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer that you continue to use the correct terms, I just worry about the 'believer', they are told not to worry or understand the world around them.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#139238 Nov 20, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been through this a couple of times before. Please pay attention.
Iron gets magnetized. It concentrates magnetic fields. It is in your blood. It is affected by magnetic fields, and it also induces electricity on the cellular level. The smaller fields follow the larger fields, but there is time delays between what happens in different sections. It contributes to animation. The core of the earth is iron. Collecting cosmic magnetic emissions on a larger scale, which are then also passed onto the smaller fields walking around on the surface. Those cosmic fields have a shaping affect on those walking bodies, including their "thoughts". They were shaped and formed within those emissions for a long time.
Everything alive has an EM signature. Derived from chemical processes and cosmic influences. Cosmic not just from what radiates from the sky directly on you, but also what is collected and retransmitted via the earth core, possibly even amplified. This is flows, not "super magnets".
At the least, carbon organisms are collections of tuned EM circuits.
DNA amplifies coding in very small thingies into much larger creatures. Almost, if not every bit, done by EM processes. Those DNA are also tuned circuits.
Gravitationally, the center of mass for you, me, and every object in this solar system is almost dead center of the sun. That is where the balance point between us and the sun is. You shift an ounce here, and you shift an ounce there.
You are flying on remote control.
So, because magnetic fields exist, and because we have iron in our blood, we are under remote control? That's quite the leap. You're stating a couple facts - the core of the earth is iron, the earth has a magnetic field, we have iron in our blood, and then connecting them in a way for which you have no a shred of evidence. Claim dismissed.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139239 Nov 20, 2012
Maybe this is where Dave gets his "science" from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daleks_%E2%80%93... .

The Daleks plan to remove the Earth's iron core in order to pilot it like a spaceship. That all sounds very reasonable and well thought out (!).
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So, because magnetic fields exist, and because we have iron in our blood, we are under remote control? That's quite the leap. You're stating a couple facts - the core of the earth is iron, the earth has a magnetic field, we have iron in our blood, and then connecting them in a way for which you have no a shred of evidence. Claim dismissed.

Location hidden

#139240 Nov 20, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Matter appears to exist, to other matter. It is a closed system of energy transfers.
Matter is not "solid". It is the energy that gives the appearance of separation and "solidity". Our space is a foam, if you believe the Big Bang.
You may trust cosmologists and astrophysicists, but I don't believe you understand what they have discovered. Perhaps you have latched onto the projections of some of them to reinforce your religious beliefs, or are drawing your own conclusions of what they have discovered to accomplish that same end.
Forces you can't see drive this existence, not what you see. That includes the assumed four fundamental forces.
Study up on the subject a little more before you speak with such certainty, because you are showing a lack of understanding of the actual physical processes. Your understanding appears very topical.
The four forces are really magnets!

Location hidden

#139241 Nov 20, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
A little learning is a dangerous thing ;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring :
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again.
-Alexander Pope
A very apt quote.

Location hidden

#139242 Nov 20, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT
DANGER DANGER DANGER DANGER
If you suspect they have been super glued together
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT HEAT THEM
Super glue when heated releases CYANIDE GAS
Damn. Dave just tried to kill somebody.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#139243 Nov 20, 2012
I gave you rave reviews for efficiency and accuracy.

Top notch!
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Illuminati says I'm their best.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#139244 Nov 20, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I gave you rave reviews for efficiency and accuracy.
Top notch!
<quoted text>
Somehow, I doubt her rifle skills.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#139245 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Damn. Dave just tried to kill somebody.
He is not bright enough.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#139246 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So, because magnetic fields exist, and because we have iron in our blood, we are under remote control? That's quite the leap. You're stating a couple facts - the core of the earth is iron, the earth has a magnetic field, we have iron in our blood, and then connecting them in a way for which you have no a shred of evidence. Claim dismissed.
It disturbs you that you are just a fancy holograph? You would like to believe that your will is greater than the forces of the universe?

We use those principles in our technology.

Ever try the magnet and hanging rock thing? Add just the smallest bit of iron to the rock and see how it bends to your will.

Chips off the old block?

Location hidden

#139247 Nov 20, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Damn. Dave just tried to kill somebody.
Tsk.

I told him to check for super glue first.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#139248 Nov 20, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk.
Then you told him to heat them without any warning.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#139249 Nov 20, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, just a thought... What if someone would ingest superglue?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#139251 Nov 20, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>20Nov12.....
.....at least you spell Christmas as 'Christmas' and NOT as 'Xmas' like those Commies do by crossing Christ out of Christmas.
Ps:....Guess you took some rags and 'blew' some schidt-for-brains outta yer skull. Having hosts dat have intelligence vill do dat to hypocrites like you.
....so be on yer toes. Americans know a fake when dey see one.
By da vey,'Happy Holidays'.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Xmas

Location hidden

#139252 Nov 20, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a lawyer.

Are you trying to interfere with my getting a public service award?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#139253 Nov 20, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk.
Gee thanks.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#139254 Nov 20, 2012
Thinking wrote:
As it is a rude gesture on this side of the pond, I have two fingers just for his sort... thank you Apple trackpad for two finger scrolling.
<quoted text>
21Nov12.....

.....LIAR thou arth.

You read everyding dat comes down da pipes from BobLoblah.

Ps:.....BobLoblah lives on NO side of da pond from you,'dinKing'.

Ever and Ever
BobLoblah

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#139255 Nov 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shakespear?
In journalism school (I know something about this), the first thing you have drilled into you is:
Read your copy, read your copy, then read your copy.
.. don’t think of what you critique as “dumbing down” your writing. It is, but don’t think of it that way ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 10 min Patrick 477
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 24 min Lawrence Wolf 106
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 25 min Patrick 22,258
Here's a place for Patrick's off-topic articles 1 hr NightSerf 1
Glorify God, our Heavenly Father 1 hr Son of God 1
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr NightSerf 66
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 1 hr Thinking 4,106
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE