Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,691)

Showing posts 133,801 - 133,820 of216,330
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Bollocks.
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Science has disproved all of that. The only people clinging to your religion are a few scientists clinging to your religion and evolutionary biologists where evidence have shown most of them are scared to lose their jobs the reason they tow the absurd line of Atheism:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/200...
There is no arguing this. Evolutionary biologists can only work in limited institutes and facilities around the world. Most of them tow the line to keep their job and provide for their family. Most other scientific arenas I have posted hundreds of scientists in those areas that refute toe and macro evolution.
I have posted those scientists in this forum many times. No sense repeating because I get the same old tired and baseless challenges..."you're no scientist" and the scientists that refute your religion are "not real scientists", LOL.
Irony:Science will destroy Atheism. 50 to 100yrs ago, your kind was so excited that it would be the other way around <grin>. Irony indeed.
GOD IS.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> As long as he doesn't mind the idea of it stuffed and mounted, It would make a great Christmas present . My niece always wanted a Mr Wiggly doll.
I shot two squirrels and took them to the taxidermists. He asked if I wanted them mounted, I said no, just shaking hands would be fine.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

So god is clean shaven?
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
God is NOT an old man with a long white beard sitting on a cloud!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I can't quite understand why you don't understand the difference. Matter exists, It can be examined and tested, looked at from every angle. Don't try and include me in your "faith" based beliefs. Faith is what you need when no evidence is available. I don't have "faith" that matter has always existed, I "trust" what cosmologists and astrophysicists have discovered. Trust is very different from "faith." You want desperately for the acceptance that both Theists and Atheists are in the same boat. Both have "faith" that their beliefs are equal. There're not at all equal. One is based on things found in the naturalistic realm, the other for the supernatural realm, a non-existent realm.
Matter appears to exist, to other matter. It is a closed system of energy transfers.

Matter is not "solid". It is the energy that gives the appearance of separation and "solidity". Our space is a foam, if you believe the Big Bang.

You may trust cosmologists and astrophysicists, but I don't believe you understand what they have discovered. Perhaps you have latched onto the projections of some of them to reinforce your religious beliefs, or are drawing your own conclusions of what they have discovered to accomplish that same end.

Forces you can't see drive this existence, not what you see. That includes the assumed four fundamental forces.

Study up on the subject a little more before you speak with such certainty, because you are showing a lack of understanding of the actual physical processes. Your understanding appears very topical.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>I like it! As I like to say of atheists..a mind is a terrible thing to waste ;)
And your summation is the whole point and bottom line...it could not have happened on its own. And for people with a mind to actually believe it could, shows their ultimate delusional fantasy and desperate effort to eliminate God from existence. I think atheists are sad and funny.
I think scooping up some dirt and blowing on it, and having a fully form man magically appear is much funnier. And if that don't bring you to your knees, how about this fictitious being reaching in and yanking out one of this poor bastards ribs and a funky form women magically paperers, now that a real knee slapper. Notice how much magic is required here.

I'll give you the same advice I give to all who think that things could NOT have happened on there own and needed a magical sky fairy to initiate it..........GO READ A SCIENCE BOOK. Start with anything that explains how stars and planets are formed. Religion has turned your mind to mush, reclaim it before its too late and you turn into someone who, despite looking at the available evidence, claims they are too old to change their way of thinking. EDUCATION is a wonderful thing!!!!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

No as an atheist we don't believe in god/s or deities. So after your first line your entire post is null an void.

Sorry half wit.
Eagle12 wrote:
As an Atheist you believe that in the beginning there was some type of matter. Matter or substance that wasnít created but always existed. The cosmos developed from this pre-existent matter. This matter gathered together and then went forth with the big ban sort of. A self creation or more simply put.
But you canít accept that a God, has always existed. He has no beginning or no end. Yet you accept matter has always pre-existed??? Basically all of us have some type of faith about the beginning of the cosmos.
Perhaps one day Physicist will discover with positive proof the existence of a all mighty God.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I shot two squirrels and took them to the taxidermists. He asked if I wanted them mounted, I said no, just shaking hands would be fine.
LOL
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Matter appears to exist, to other matter. It is a closed system of energy transfers.
Matter is not "solid". It is the energy that gives the appearance of separation and "solidity". Our space is a foam, if you believe the Big Bang.
You may trust cosmologists and astrophysicists, but I don't believe you understand what they have discovered. Perhaps you have latched onto the projections of some of them to reinforce your religious beliefs, or are drawing your own conclusions of what they have discovered to accomplish that same end.
Forces you can't see drive this existence, not what you see. That includes the assumed four fundamental forces.
Study up on the subject a little more before you speak with such certainty, because you are showing a lack of understanding of the actual physical processes. Your understanding appears very topical.
The core principal of logic can be expressed as A or NOT A, something either is what it is, or it isn't. It can't be both, it's an exclusionary principle. It's how we understand everything about the universe. There exits only one realm, the naturalistic realm, everything else is speculation. Matter exists, it exists only in the naturalistic realm. The very best evidence suggests that "something" is a much more natural state than "nothing" Nothing appears to be to unstable. Matter, in any form, exists only in the naturalistic realm. Since all indications from cosmologists and astrophysicist say that matter having always exited is a more natural state, then the simple conclusion is that the universe has no boundaries, no edges, it is infinite. As Stephen Hawking says, "The universe simply IS."

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sikhi also asks the same question; "How did u create yourself?"
God is some kind of energy or something like that, i'm waiting for science to figure it out!
How many times do i have to tell u, dear?? huh, how many? God is NOT an old man with a long white beard sitting on a cloud!!!!
Atheists often attribute God with human characterists and/or flaws. They do this so they can pretend to scientifically scrutinize Him. That's why they call Him skydaddy, say He's an old white man with a long white beard & say that He lives in the clouds....

Athitards are cute.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Every year, the god of the gaps gets smaller and smaller.
Like your IQ...

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
"all mighty God"? Really? Didn't he get stopped by some iron chariots?
Oh, my mistake! I read the 'wrong' part of the bible.
um.... That was Judah.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Thinking wrote:
So god is clean shaven?
<quoted text>
I think the appropriate word is immaculate.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
We only have evidence that can tell us what happened just after the big bang.
All we can do is speculate about what preceded it. The cyclical models appeal to me, personally.
Everyone has their beliefs.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
STOP!!! STOP!
OK. You talked me into it.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I think scooping up some dirt and blowing on it, and having a fully form man magically appear is much funnier. And if that don't bring you to your knees, how about this fictitious being reaching in and yanking out one of this poor bastards ribs and a funky form women magically paperers, now that a real knee slapper. Notice how much magic is required here.
I'll give you the same advice I give to all who think that things could NOT have happened on there own and needed a magical sky fairy to initiate it..........GO READ A SCIENCE BOOK. Start with anything that explains how stars and planets are formed. Religion has turned your mind to mush, reclaim it before its too late and you turn into someone who, despite looking at the available evidence, claims they are too old to change their way of thinking. EDUCATION is a wonderful thing!!!!
Should we gay an old science book about star formation? You know, back when they "knew" the Milky Way was the universe?

Or should we get a newer one, where they "know" more about gravity & hydrogen?

Or should we wait for a future science book where they'll "know" even more?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The core principal of logic can be expressed as A or NOT A, something either is what it is, or it isn't. It can't be both, it's an exclusionary principle. It's how we understand everything about the universe. There exits only one realm, the naturalistic realm, everything else is speculation. Matter exists, it exists only in the naturalistic realm. The very best evidence suggests that "something" is a much more natural state than "nothing" Nothing appears to be to unstable. Matter, in any form, exists only in the naturalistic realm. Since all indications from cosmologists and astrophysicist say that matter having always exited is a more natural state, then the simple conclusion is that the universe has no boundaries, no edges, it is infinite. As Stephen Hawking says, "The universe simply IS."
Uh huh.

I can see where that would make life easier for you.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has their beliefs.
Are you implying that I "believe" in the cyclical model?

I said "appeals to me" for a reason.

Are you ready to have the conversation about word usage, specifically the word "belief"?

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

!!!!!!!!

World War Z!!!

Google it!!!!!

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you implying that I "believe" in the cyclical model?
I said "appeals to me" for a reason.
Are you ready to have the conversation about word usage, specifically the word "belief"?
If you like. But all I said was everyone has their beliefs....

Don't be skeered of that word.

I know ateheists fear using the word "belief", but y'all don't hafta.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Yes you should gay with an old science book.

Face palm

Oh and Catholics are Christian, sorry but they really are.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we gay an old science book about star formation? You know, back when they "knew" the Milky Way was the universe?
Or should we get a newer one, where they "know" more about gravity & hydrogen?
Or should we wait for a future science book where they'll "know" even more?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 133,801 - 133,820 of216,330
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••