Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#139157 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
stop being disgusting, i'm not bisexual like u and maybe her!!!
u should get in a sauna with her and double fine. Tam said he has a big snake, i'm sure u'll love it slithering around in your den!!!
As long as he doesn't mind the idea of it stuffed and mounted, It would make a great Christmas present . My niece always wanted a Mr Wiggly doll.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#139158 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, i believe in evoltion, big bang, etc........but something must have initiated those events and that is the thing i call God!
I'm asking how u believe the big bang was initiated.
Every year, the god of the gaps gets smaller and smaller.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#139159 Nov 19, 2012
As an Atheist you believe that in the beginning there was some type of matter. Matter or substance that wasnít created but always existed. The cosmos developed from this pre-existent matter. This matter gathered together and then went forth with the big ban sort of. A self creation or more simply put.

But you canít accept that a God, has always existed. He has no beginning or no end. Yet you accept matter has always pre-existed??? Basically all of us have some type of faith about the beginning of the cosmos.

Perhaps one day Physicist will discover with positive proof the existence of a all mighty God.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139160 Nov 19, 2012
Like a Cantor set.
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Every year, the god of the gaps gets smaller and smaller.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#139161 Nov 19, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
As an Atheist you believe that in the beginning there was some type of matter. Matter or substance that wasnít created but always existed. The cosmos developed from this pre-existent matter. This matter gathered together and then went forth with the big ban sort of. A self creation or more simply put.
But you canít accept that a God, has always existed. He has no beginning or no end. Yet you accept matter has always pre-existed??? Basically all of us have some type of faith about the beginning of the cosmos.
Perhaps one day Physicist will discover with positive proof the existence of a all mighty God.
"all mighty God"? Really? Didn't he get stopped by some iron chariots?

Oh, my mistake! I read the 'wrong' part of the bible.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#139162 Nov 19, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Like a Cantor set.
<quoted text>
The way you throw around those scientific terms; you must have some great faith in science! LOL! Do try to dumb it down for our christian friends.

god confounds the wise and makes the fools, wise.

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

#139163 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
well, i believe all that but i can't understand how it could just happen on it's own.
Marilyn Monroe was a goddess!! my role model, lol!
Raag Goojaree, Fifth Mehl:
Why, O mind, do you plot and plan, when the Dear Lord Himself provides for your care?
From rocks and stones He created living beings; He places their nourishment before them.||1||
O my Dear Lord of souls, one who joins the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, is saved.
By Guru's Grace, the supreme status is obtained, and the dry wood blossoms forth again in lush greenery.||1||Pause||
Mothers, fathers, friends, children and spouses-no one is the support of anyone else.
For each and every person, our Lord and Master provides sustenance. Why are you so afraid, O mind?||2||
The flamingoes fly hundreds of miles, leaving their young ones behind. Who feeds them, and who teaches them to feed themselves? Have you ever thought of this in your mind?||3||
I like it! As I like to say of atheists..a mind is a terrible thing to waste ;)

And your summation is the whole point and bottom line...it could not have happened on its own. And for people with a mind to actually believe it could, shows their ultimate delusional fantasy and desperate effort to eliminate God from existence. I think atheists are sad and funny.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#139164 Nov 19, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
I can't quite understand why you don't understand the difference. Matter exists, It can be examined and tested, looked at from every angle. Don't try and include me in your "faith" based beliefs. Faith is what you need when no evidence is available. I don't have "faith" that matter has always existed, I "trust" what cosmologists and astrophysicists have discovered. Trust is very different from "faith." You want desperately for the acceptance that both Theists and Atheists are in the same boat. Both have "faith" that their beliefs are equal. There're not at all equal. One is based on things found in the naturalistic realm, the other for the supernatural realm, a non-existent realm.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#139165 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what your saying, some things written in religious books don't make sense!!
I don't agree with the above either, but i also don't agree with atheists when they say the world just created itself.
Who says the world just created itself?

I'm an atheist. I would never say that. Every atheist I know would not say that. Are you sure it was an atheist?

I can assure you, atheists in general don't hold the opinion that the world created itself. That would require that the world existed before it existed, in order to create itself.

Try to be more articulate in the future.

:)

Embrace the grey.

#139166 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
coz u guys always messin with me, i don't know when u joking or not!
I can't do anything about it on my end.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139167 Nov 19, 2012
Fair enough. Would you prefer a Sierpinski carpet?

I've read the bible so it's only fair that others keep up on the science.
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
The way you throw around those scientific terms; you must have some great faith in science! LOL! Do try to dumb it down for our christian friends.
god confounds the wise and makes the fools, wise.

Embrace the grey.

#139168 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, i believe in evoltion, big bang, etc........but something must have initiated those events and that is the thing i call God!
I'm asking how u believe the big bang was initiated.
We only have evidence that can tell us what happened just after the big bang.

All we can do is speculate about what preceded it. The cyclical models appeal to me, personally.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#139169 Nov 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what your saying, some things written in religious books don't make sense!!
I don't agree with the above either, but i also don't agree with atheists when they say the world just created itself.
STOP!!! STOP being so friggin childish. The world didn't "just create itself." Why the hell don't you quite the dumb broad routine, and learn some science!! Grow the frig up and read a science book, anyone will do for a start. In this era of abundant information, making a statement like "the world just didn't create itself" is almost criminal. The information is there for all to learn, refute it all you want, but learn what science says about how stars and planet are formed. Being willfully ignorant is one of the worst traits a human can have. Educate yourself, you're looking incredibly stupid!!!!

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

#139170 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
What is delusional (and often dangerous) is believing that a supernatural, invisible skydaddy magically "poofed" everything into existence in a period of 6 days and then required sacrificing himself to himself in order to prevent himself from committing further genocide against his creations.
<quoted text>
And how does science disprove any of that?
Science has disproved all of that. The only people clinging to your religion are a few scientists clinging to your religion and evolutionary biologists where evidence have shown most of them are scared to lose their jobs the reason they tow the absurd line of Atheism:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/200...

There is no arguing this. Evolutionary biologists can only work in limited institutes and facilities around the world. Most of them tow the line to keep their job and provide for their family. Most other scientific arenas I have posted hundreds of scientists in those areas that refute toe and macro evolution.

I have posted those scientists in this forum many times. No sense repeating because I get the same old tired and baseless challenges..."you're no scientist" and the scientists that refute your religion are "not real scientists", LOL.

Irony:Science will destroy Atheism. 50 to 100yrs ago, your kind was so excited that it would be the other way around <grin>. Irony indeed.

GOD IS.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#139171 Nov 19, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
What is more likely is that science will eventually negate the need for a fictitious God thing. It's happening before your very eyes. What was once attributed to God, science has given the explanation, over and over again. Your God slowly, but surely, becomes a receding pocket of scientific ignorance.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139172 Nov 19, 2012
Bollocks.
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Science has disproved all of that. The only people clinging to your religion are a few scientists clinging to your religion and evolutionary biologists where evidence have shown most of them are scared to lose their jobs the reason they tow the absurd line of Atheism:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/200...
There is no arguing this. Evolutionary biologists can only work in limited institutes and facilities around the world. Most of them tow the line to keep their job and provide for their family. Most other scientific arenas I have posted hundreds of scientists in those areas that refute toe and macro evolution.
I have posted those scientists in this forum many times. No sense repeating because I get the same old tired and baseless challenges..."you're no scientist" and the scientists that refute your religion are "not real scientists", LOL.
Irony:Science will destroy Atheism. 50 to 100yrs ago, your kind was so excited that it would be the other way around <grin>. Irony indeed.
GOD IS.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#139173 Nov 19, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> As long as he doesn't mind the idea of it stuffed and mounted, It would make a great Christmas present . My niece always wanted a Mr Wiggly doll.
I shot two squirrels and took them to the taxidermists. He asked if I wanted them mounted, I said no, just shaking hands would be fine.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139174 Nov 19, 2012
So god is clean shaven?
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
God is NOT an old man with a long white beard sitting on a cloud!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#139175 Nov 19, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I can't quite understand why you don't understand the difference. Matter exists, It can be examined and tested, looked at from every angle. Don't try and include me in your "faith" based beliefs. Faith is what you need when no evidence is available. I don't have "faith" that matter has always existed, I "trust" what cosmologists and astrophysicists have discovered. Trust is very different from "faith." You want desperately for the acceptance that both Theists and Atheists are in the same boat. Both have "faith" that their beliefs are equal. There're not at all equal. One is based on things found in the naturalistic realm, the other for the supernatural realm, a non-existent realm.
Matter appears to exist, to other matter. It is a closed system of energy transfers.

Matter is not "solid". It is the energy that gives the appearance of separation and "solidity". Our space is a foam, if you believe the Big Bang.

You may trust cosmologists and astrophysicists, but I don't believe you understand what they have discovered. Perhaps you have latched onto the projections of some of them to reinforce your religious beliefs, or are drawing your own conclusions of what they have discovered to accomplish that same end.

Forces you can't see drive this existence, not what you see. That includes the assumed four fundamental forces.

Study up on the subject a little more before you speak with such certainty, because you are showing a lack of understanding of the actual physical processes. Your understanding appears very topical.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#139176 Nov 19, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>I like it! As I like to say of atheists..a mind is a terrible thing to waste ;)
And your summation is the whole point and bottom line...it could not have happened on its own. And for people with a mind to actually believe it could, shows their ultimate delusional fantasy and desperate effort to eliminate God from existence. I think atheists are sad and funny.
I think scooping up some dirt and blowing on it, and having a fully form man magically appear is much funnier. And if that don't bring you to your knees, how about this fictitious being reaching in and yanking out one of this poor bastards ribs and a funky form women magically paperers, now that a real knee slapper. Notice how much magic is required here.

I'll give you the same advice I give to all who think that things could NOT have happened on there own and needed a magical sky fairy to initiate it..........GO READ A SCIENCE BOOK. Start with anything that explains how stars and planets are formed. Religion has turned your mind to mush, reclaim it before its too late and you turn into someone who, despite looking at the available evidence, claims they are too old to change their way of thinking. EDUCATION is a wonderful thing!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Mikko 23,046
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr _Bad Company 1,110
Heaven 9 hr Reason Personified 44
Man center of the universe. 9 hr Reason Personified 159
Evidence for God! 10 hr Uncle Sam 51
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... Thu Hooogle It 77
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,391

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE